• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v.1.1 is ready
Checksum: KDDB
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?557864-AOD-DEC-MOD-(feat.-Darkest-Hour-Map)&p=12801991&viewfull=1#post12801991

- Reworked Victory Points
- Organization Loss while moving slightly decreased
- New cavalry & Arab-Infantry Sprite
- Some minor fixes
- Added & Adapted the DH 1914 Scenario
- Music (no changes to v.1.0) is now an optional download

The 1914 Scenario is no 1:1 conversion from DH, because it's simply not possible. The events are converted to work with AOD, but the scripting is different in DH. I also had to improvise about the techs but hopefully I managed to add enough new techs to make the scenario well playable.

19141.jpg

19142.jpg

Okay I seem to have got it working... but oh my god, what on earth is going on with Italy's cores?
They have cores on half of southern France! (and most of Switzerland)
Nice, Chambery, Corsica sure. Grenoble maybe, but all the way to Marseilles???

And as for Switzerland - Lugano yes, but the rest is absurd. If I had to give other countries cores on Switzerland, it'd be Lugano Italy, Geneva France, and the other two to Germany.
Map_Languages_CH.png

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Switzerland)

I do like that Germany has all its cores on Czechslovakia and Poland at the beginning though.

Seems to be a relict of my "Victory or Valhalla" Scenario. Italy got more cores there to have a chance to keep pace with germany. Copy this file italy.inc to the scenarios\1936 folder and you will be happy again. ;)

Another quick fix here: hq.txt. Copy this file to db\units\divisions. Adds level 5 Headquarter.

Ditto for me. I tried a cuple of times, but 7zip will not extract the 002 file. I next thought that maybe it had extracted along with the 001 file automatically, so I tried lauching the mod with what hed extracted. It carashed at early startup. I had copied the maps and the .exe into the folder as you indicated. Is it possible that something is missing?

Kudos to Gringoesteban for his mod too.

cheers.

gameplay errors

Hi, I am getting a different checksum 'QWVB' and crashes on running scenarios.

Is there some way to check that 7zip is extracting from both archives? What should the filesize be for the entire folder? Does the DH version matter (using 1.02)?

Would it be possible to just put the edited files you have changed for the mod in the download, without the sprites, sounds, and other gfx? Also, a readme text file could be helpful.

Thanks,

kilolima

I am getting a different checksum....
My checksum is 'JDDB', same as what Endibear posted above.

Does the DH version matter (using 1.02)?
I copied the four map files from DH v1.01.1 and the mod runs fine. Maybe it is not compatible with 1.02?

Would it be possible to just put the edited files you have changed for the mod in the download, without the sprites, sounds, and other gfx?

Yes, this would be great if you could do it.

I am thinking about using this mod as a starting point to convert my TRM mod over to the DH map (giving full credit, of course). The process would be easier if the 7Zip files only contained the files which are different from vanilla AoD that are essential to make your mod run. I suppose this would be things like AI files, event files, province files, revolt file, your new tech files, misc. file, unit files if you changed unit stats, etc. Any files not modded vs. vanilla AoD would not be included in the zip. This would make the zip file smaller and would also help identify what exactly has been changed. Of course, it might be a lot of work and I am sure you have already put many, many hours into this....

Plus, like Kilolima suggested, the sprites, sounds, gfx could be in a different, optional file.

@kilolima/ddchish: 7zip wouldn't extract the game if a zip.file is missing or corrupt. So if u get no message, the game is extracted successful. It is essential to use the right exe version, which is 1.07. My DH-Version for the map is 1.01. I cannot guarantee for other DH-versions. I would include the map files - but there could be copyright issues.

@kilolima/Gringoesteban: A download with just the modded files is simply not possible because of the huge amount of changes. Please understand that this is not a modding project with documentation and several people working on this. Indeed I spent many hours completing this version, and as far as I know it's the only full conversion of the DH-map. Feel free to use any of the content for your own mods - but you'll have to do some reverse engineering.

Last edited:
Hi Decriser,

Thanks for this great mod! Got it to run after noticing failure to update AoD to 1.07, duh. The map is a lot of fun and adds a whole new challenge to the game.

I did notice that in the 7zip archive you included the avi movie folder, and the sprites folder from gfx, and wave files from sfx. These really don't need to be there and just add filsize. Other gfx files could probably be removed leaving the player with the AoD interface graphics instead of the DH ones.

If there was a clear record of the changes made by your mod, it could make it a great starting point for other AoD mods like Gringoesteban's TRM or CORE. Especially as it seems that AoD development is totally dead.

cheers,

kilolima

I played a game as Hungary for test and i must say great job with all this exept one thing , Germany cant beat poland it pretty much makes this mod unplayable, any idea what the problem might be ?

I played a game as Hungary for test and i must say great job with all this exept one thing , Germany cant beat poland it pretty much makes this mod unplayable, any idea what the problem might be ?

Thanks for your feedback Olle8. In my testgames germany usually was able to defeat poland but it took some time. For balancing reasons I'm going to add some german divisions which should ensure a quick win over poland when the ai plays germany. I think it's no problem to include this in my next release which might be around christmas.