• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Decriser

Sergeant
25 Badges
Aug 22, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
edit 08.02.2021
Arsenal of Democracy 1.10
DEC MOD v.20.3

I have done this Re-Upload if anybody wants to play AOD with the DH-Map. So far no other conversion has taken place (as far as I know). Personally I still favor AOD over DH and HOI4. Therefore me and some friends will keep playing this one.

Highlights:
- Use of the DH (Darkest Hour) Map
- Geographical information painted in the political map
- Modified AI for more challenging gameplay
- More than a dozen of new music files
- Graphical enrichment with Sprites (Bebro’s, Puma, Dr. Rare….) // SKIF
- Totally new structured techtree
- New diplomacy graphics
- More city areas in the game
- Modified balancing and game mechanics

Scenarios:
1935 Road to War (like in AOD but with DH map)
1935 Götterdämmerung (4 Player Coop - multiplayer scenario against the rest of the world / adapted IC's to give a challlenge)

Disclaimer:
You are only allowed to download this MOD if you own:

- Arsenal of Democracy
- Darkest Hour

Game Files v.20.3

Game Files DEC Mod

1.) Download the files posted
2.) Unpack the zip-files

DEC_MOD.jpg

aodgame.jpg

Credits and thanks
I also used contents of other mods and add-ons. Special thanks to these people for making the game better and spending a lot of time to do this.
- Bebro, Puma & Dr. Rare for their marvellous sprites
- The darkest hour team for their wonderful new map
- SKIF project team for their really nice unit pics/icons
- Design MOD Team for their work (used some stuff)
- Titan79 and his TRIPARTITE PACK (used some stuff)
- Everyone else who contributed content (music, graphic, ...)

Have fun!
Decriser

decmap1.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
thanks, i'm downloading this.

looks all nice, but is it possible to get this without the sprites?

and well, how is speed with the new map?

If you don't want to use the sprites just delete the files in the folder gfx\map\units and copy your own (or standard AOD) into it. Maybe take a look at the palette files also. If you want to use counters, you can use these anyway.

Personally I didn't notice any speed decrease because of the new map.

ok. now how do i open those files. i just downloaded this 7zip but it doesnt seem to work.

Decriser said:
Feedback is welcome

ok.

i have a gfx issue on the map near munich. i didnt see it on your screens, though? - anybody else?

again, thanx a lot Decriser for this work!

as for the german OOB. i think this really needs some work? - i mean those "Home Forces" - thats a bit BS, isnt it?;)

something weird also are the population stats (but this is probably coming from the original. just compare the manpower points of european capitals).

big plus for adding the stalin line!

i see you're a fan of those skiff icons, but apart from that have a look here http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...IPARTITE-PACK-for-AoD-(new-graphics-and-audio)
Titans counter mod is just awesome for people who like counters and the map icons are better than vanilla as well.

if you need some input with at least the german land OOB maybe take a look here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...I-scenario&p=12764794&viewfull=1#post12764794 (note thats not finished as i do not intend to make an own mod, but i left some notes there about the position of divs, leaders and such things, so maybe it will be helpful).

last thing: well the urban colour really needs some work:D

EDIT: small note Re: the indian/british Raj; i would delete this one as all content (leaders first and foremost) are brits. Wavell, Slim, Auchinleck, Wingate, Christison are all in UK as well so its just doubling british leaders there (and there are no real indians).

EDIT2: ah well... if you can use some of my stuff feel free to take it btw...

Last edited:
Home forces: You got me, I wasn't historically accurate about this :rolleyes:

GFX Issue: Trie to copy your original "adjacent.tbl" from \darkest hour a hoi game\map\Map_1 to \Arsenal of Democracy 1.07 - DEC MOD\map folder

Urban colors: You mean because it's totally red on the map? I liked it, because I think these are one of the most important spots on the map, so why not giving them the attention.. What I really should do is adding Victory Points VP to all urban areas.

british raj: I like the idea from the DH-Team that they now exist as own country, because I think it makes the game more challenging in this area. Didn't notice about the leader, I will have a look into it.

Thanx for the links, really some good stuff there - in the end its often just a matter of taste what to use

Decriser said:
Urban colors: You mean because it's totally red on the map? I liked it, because I think these are one of the most important spots on the map, so why not giving them the attention.. What I really should do is adding Victory Points VP to all urban areas.

well, if Tobruk and such places deserve an urban is sth i doubt.

Decriser said:
GFX Issue: Trie to copy your original "adjacent.tbl" from \darkest hour a hoi game\map\Map_1 to \Arsenal of Democracy 1.07 - DEC MOD\map folder

thanks, this worked.

Decriser said:
british raj: I like the idea from the DH-Team that they now exist as own country, because I think it makes the game more challenging in this area. Didn't notice about the leader, I will have a look into it.

initially i liked the idea in CORE as well, but i doubt you'll ever get the historical content for without deleting a lot of british leaders or accept doubles. same for syria and indochina. - btw all three countries dont have unique counters.

in india theres a soviet mot div

manchukuo and japan have the very same country colour.

I have waited for something like this so I downloaded this as soon as I noticed it. I have just started a game as Germany, which is always a good choice if you want to test something new. So far so good and I haven't noticed any bigger bugs, only some minor issues. So here is some feedback you requested:

- intelligence cost has so far stayed at 0. WAD? Will it start to rise later?
- German interceptor model 2 is Messerschmitt 109D, but the pictures are of Heinkel 51 (?).
- In message settings there is one line at the end of the Economic list showing UNKNOWN_STRING_WANTED. I think it should say "When a production line can be upgraded".

I also noticed that Reoccupation of Rheinland doesn't give any dissent reduction anymore. This is probably WAD, so no more free minister changes for human played Germany. I always thought that it was a bit gamey.

@bestmajor: Yes, Panjim was Portuguese, by converting the map I gave it to the indians. Was more or less a matter of style...

@Julle64: Thx for your hints
- Didn't change the intelligence/espionage system, but as long as you leave the espionage slider at zero and don't command new spies to be placed it stays at zero costs
- GER Interceptor Model 2 Issue is from an older version, I am gonna fix this
- UNKOWN_STRING_WANTED -> an incomplete config file "addon.csv" is the reason why - gonna fix this (if u want to do it yourself just copy the original 1.07 addon.csv into the mod folder \config\Additional)
- "Reoccupation of the Rhineland" should still give (-2 dissent), didn't change it

sir i cant download this mod i tried registering but it doesnt work. mod looks great id like to try it . is there another place to download it. thanks glen1525 the rapidshare website doesnt work unless you pay. what a rip

Last edited:
@bestmajor: Yes, Panjim was Portuguese, by converting the map I gave it to the indians. Was more or less a matter of style...

@Julle64: Thx for your hints
- Didn't change the intelligence/espionage system, but as long as you leave the espionage slider at zero and don't command new spies to be placed it stays at zero costs
- GER Interceptor Model 2 Issue is from an older version, I am gonna fix this
- UNKOWN_STRING_WANTED -> an incomplete config file "addon.csv" is the reason why - gonna fix this (if u want to do it yourself just copy the original 1.07 addon.csv into the mod folder \config\Additional)
- "Reoccupation of the Rhineland" should still give (-2 dissent), didn't change it

I was a bit unclear about the intelligence cost. What I meant was that the espionage budget has so far shown x.x/0.0. The first value x.x is how much you spend to espionage and this is user definable in the production tab. The second value is the amount you should spend to keep it "up to date" and this second value has in my game stayed at 0.0 all the time, no matter how much the first value is.

The reoccupation event didn't gave me -2 dissent. I have to try this once more.

EDIT: I retested the Rhineland event and now it fired correctly. I just don't know what happened first time.

EDIT2: Never mind the espionage problem either. I just noticed what you meant. In a vanilla AoD game you have some spies in your home country from the start but this starts with 0 spies. And that's whats kept it at 0 :eek:o

Last edited:
For sure I would work on these issues/changes, it depends a bit if people wanna play this.
If its worth anything, I want to play this. :)

sir i cant download this mod i tried registering but it doesnt work. mod looks great id like to try it . is there another place to download it. thanks glen1525 the rapidshare website doesnt work unless you pay. what a rip

As far as I know you should be able to download this without being registered and paying. The restrictions are -> no simultaneous downloads and reduced speed.