Arsenal of Democracy
DEC MOD v.1.3
Use of the brand new DH (Darkest Hour) Map
Modified AI for more challenging gameplay
More than a dozen of new music files
Graphical enrichment with:
- New sprites (Bebro’s, Puma, Dr. Rare….)
Some new techs and events
More city areas in the game
Modified balancing and game mechanics
1914 Great War (adapted from Darkest Hour)
1936 Road to War (like in AOD but with DH map)
1936 Victory or Valhalla (2 Player Coop – multiplayer scenario Germany and Italy / It is possible for single player,
but should be played with either Germany or Italy and would be very hard)
1936 Rising Nations (4 Player Coop - multiplayer scenario against the rest of the world / adapted IC's to give a challlenge)
What you need to play this MOD:
- Arsenal of Democracy 1.07
- Darkest Hour (because of the map)
- Added new tech layouts
- Bug fixing
- Minor balancing changes
- To avoid gfx problems, the adjacent.tbl from DH also has to be copied
Game Files v.1.3
Music (optional - if not used, copy the original music)
DecMap (optional - after installing Games Files just unzip in the game main folder - Attention, only works with DecMod!)
New Start Menu (optional - if using 1920x1080 Resolution - just unzip in the game main folder)
1.) Just download the files posted.
2.) Unpack the files with 7zip. This creates the "Arsenal of Democracy 1.07 - DEC MOD" folder.
3.) Copy from your original ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY the "AODGame.exe" Version 1.07 into the \Arsenal of Democracy 1.07 - DEC MOD folder. It has to be Version 1.07, that's important!
4.) Copy from DARKEST HOUR the 4 Lightmaps and the adjacent.tbl from \darkest hour a hoi game\map\Map_1 into the \Arsenal of Democracy 1.07 - DEC MOD\map folder.
5.) Have fun!
What about the new DH Map?
To use the DH map in AOD some intense conversion had to be done. Therfore only 1936 scenarios are available. It's really time consuming to make the conversion because very often you have to check manually file after file. There is another project form "Sid and Josip" which aims to convert the DH Map to AOD. Hopefully then also the other scenarios can be played. Until that you can use my mod. It looks stable, I did several test games, but rembember it's still v.1.0.
edit: 1914 Scenario is also available
What are the changes to the AI?
I tried do modify part of the AI like the former DAIM Project, which should make the AI more unpredictable und challenging. I removed several restrictions what the AI is allowed to do. The focus was the England AI, because I wanted them to use their navy more effective.
What about the changes in balancing and game mechanics?
- Generally all units do more strength damage. Especially air units do real damage again because I want players to use airplanes.
- Units get more experience and a higher experience combat bonus to simulate veteran units.
- Leader traits also get more combat bonus, I want you to use leaders - trait conform
- Terrain has a big combat influence again, don’t attack mountains or urban areas with tanks, don’t try to attack Russia in winter (frozen) – in my opinion the vanilla game got a bit too mainstreamed there, I reversed back to good old times.
- The stacking penalty is a bit reduced but still there
- Units lose organisation again when moving (except at really good infrastructure)
- Max 8 Tech teams allowed to weaken the big factions a bit and to slow down the research
- Moved several naval-techs to later years to encourage people building lower tier ships and not waiting (as ships don’t upgrade) until/near the end of the techtree
- Added some new techs for better combat and logistic bonuses
- Added more starting Manpower, who wants countries running out of mp?
- Several other minor tweaks
Victory or Valhalla – 2 player multiplayer scenario Germany – Italy
Italy and Germany are allied in this scenario. Germany has significant less IC and Italy some more IC then in the vanilla game. Russia is really powerful! There are some garrison units present to strengthen Russia, England and France. Russia has barricaded their most valuable provinces (land forts). This is expected for 2 human players for having a real challenge. Recommended on normal or hard difficulty. Also possible for singleplayer but not for the faint hearted!
Credits and thanks
I also used contents of other mods and add-ons. Special thanks to these people for making the game better and spending a lot of time to do this.
- Bebro, Puma & Dr. Rare for their marvellous sprites
- The darkest hour team for their wonderful new map
- SKIF project team for their really nice unit pics/icons
- Design MOD Team for their work (used some stuff)
- Titan79 and his TRIPARTITE PACK (used some stuff)
- As start/interface screen I used an old wallpaper from procer (stony road team) which is from hoi or hoi2 times
- Some of the music is also from another mod (I don’t remember, it’s some time ago), I really like these tracks – they provide a great ambience (fits the game so well)
Optional Download DecMap