• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(92944)

Banned
1 Badges
Feb 15, 2008
vietafghan.frvp.com
  • Arsenal of Democracy
AMERICAN
CWleaders.gif
CIVIL-WAR
(v.3)

new map~new units~new nations~new ministers~new leaders~new technologies~new events~new music~new sprites

The American Civil War 1860-1866 is yet another american war added to the Viet-Afghan package. VietAfghan 3 includes an improved VietAfghan 2 with the addition of the American Civil War. This full-functional scenario is vanilla friendly with AOD 1.5 and above. See Viet-Afghan 2 here

thumbnail.png

The American Civil War (1860 - 1866): Start out in 1860 following the end of the Mexican Reform War. Cotton is king and Abraham Lincoln was just elected president and has troubles with South Carolina seceding from the Union. The deep south soon follow South Carolina and later Texas, Arkansas, and North Carolina join. While the pivotal border states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri and later West Virginia debate the slavery issue, Fort Sumner goes under heavy siege from the Confederates.
The Battle of the States is about to begin.

Out west while the territories of Kansas, Oklahoma, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona await statehood, the Sioux, Cheyenne, Comanche and Apache start taking advantage in the Frontier. Meanwhile, France has their eyes on Mexico while England and Spain closely observe to see how they can benefit.

Also included are Canada, Mexican Revolutionaries, Cuba, Central America, California, Nevada, African Americans and Western Outlaws. 100+ new events, 100+ new ministers and leaders, and new units, sprites and technology for the Civil war era. Added to the map is Fredericksburg, the Wilderness and Petersburg. The Erie Cannal, St. Lawrence and Mississippi rivers are navigatable.

Modified from the HOI2 works of Lt. Hilsdorf and Ankios.

New version Viet-Aghan 3 with the American Civil War now available. It has an incredible amount of detail and historical accuracy with variance, great sprites, music, and game play..

Requirements:

Paradox Interactive's Arsenal of Democracy (AOD) version 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7

Download Link (Special)
VietAfghan3ACW.rar 70 MB

(includes sprite pack and new map)
With optional downloads:
Civil War Soundtrack.zip 54 MB
GETTYSBURG
[video=youtube;IeAp85Gc3i0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAp85Gc3i0[/video]

acwstart.png

INVASION OF MEMPHIS
memphis.jpg

SIOUX INDIAN RAIDS
sioux.jpg

INVASION OF MEXICO
mexico.png

acwmap.png

Battle of Shiloh.Battle of Fredericksburg.Battle of Chicamauga.Battle of Chancellorsville.Battle of Gettysburg.Burning of Atlanta.Fort Sumter.The Anaconda Plan.The 90 Day Militia.The Trent Affair.Maryland Rioting.New York Draft Riots.Emancipation Proclamation.Desertion and Disease.Sioux Dakota War.Apache Wars.Plains Indian War.Sand Creek Masacre.Deseret Independence.The Vidaurri Affair.Arizona Confederacy.Presidental Impeachment.Lincoln Assassinated.French invasion of Mexico.Mexican Revolution.Mexico intervention.Ten Years War.Virginius Affair.Guerra Chiquita.Cuban War of Independence.Spanish American War

Last edited:
Thanks frvp, you are a silent workhorse!

But - what is that "processing fee" thing? If this is a mod then it should be free. Promoting products which make you money is not allowed on the forum, especially products based on PI products.

Last edited:
No answer? I'll assume it's no. I don't want to lose the CWE division model-box paintings, but I'd love to be able to play these wars. Since there's Vietnam and Afghanistan, the timeline for the WW2 conflict will extend right until...2003?

Viet-Afghan has it's own enhanced specific tech tree that works for vanilla and the Civil War, Vietnam and Afghan War scenarios. And 'yes' it should be installed to a clean vanilla. It doesn't extend a WW2 scenario to 2003, only the Afghan Wars scenario does that. However, the new tech advancements do occur in an extended WW2 scenario.

Last edited:
Are they really trying to sell this, or have I missed something? This looks great and all, but there is a big difference between 'donation' and 'no dl till you pay!'.

I'm sure it took alot of work to make, but so has every other paradox mod ever made, and there are a great great many of wonderful and more complicated ones than this. I hope they 'free it' and allow those who want to (and have the money!) to donate of their own volition.

*Also link to Vietafghan 2 forum don't work.

Turns out the guy who made this was probably banned since you are not allowed to be forced to pay for a mod here, which is why he never mentioned the fact that you have to pay for it until you head to his website to "download" it. The concept is great, but unfortunately I will never pay for a mod out of dignity (albeit, I've been duped to buying "official mods" like DR and the other HoI III ones).

It's a longshot, but like the above mentioned, does anybody have the files that would be willing to post them for us to use? From reading the conversation here and on the HoI II version, I don't think it was always a paid mod.

I played the vietnam/afghan war mod for HoI2 a couple of times and I followed frvps work for long. There was no fee for most of its existence. Until the mod was adopted to AoD and ACW was included. He probably had no other forum activity than this mod. Unfortunately the disc with my mod collections got broken roughly 2 years ago which was a disaster BTW. the only part of the mod I have is the vietnam war mod soundtrack.

I checked older threads but I have not found any functional links which are not the links provided here. Like here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?399938-FINAL-VIETNAM-WAR-VERSION-with-MAP

Overall the mod was not that good because there was not much to do on a small map and little production.

Lets hope that someone else has the files.

Last edited:
I'm interested in how the Vietnam War was dealt with in a HoI setting, will give me some tips on how to possibly get it working for the New World Order mod back in DH.

there was like 10 factions/countries to play - North vietnam, south vietnam, Vietcong (correct name should be NLF), USA, USSR, PRC, Laos etc. Basically it looked like a battle scenario so that major powers were represented by only a few provinces in the corners of the map. Most countries had 10-30 IC, including majors. Much of the game was played at the highest speed since there was not much to do during the whole Vietnam war time span. The battles took ages, a bunch of provinces was added to Indochina. From time to time, events popped up - like Kennedy deciding to increase secret military presence in Vietnam which resulted in higher IC of the USA in the scenario. Other majors could intervene via events or even directly but since the map was limited to South east asia no escalation to world wide conflict could take place.

Last edited: