+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Development Diary #13 - Warfare

Is it possible to capture an enemy character leader during battle, as recently announced as a CKII possibility?

If so, does the captured character becomes an hostage?

By the way, is there a ninja mission - not to rescue an hostage - but to take an hostage?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    King Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonrtf View Post
    By the way, is there a ninja mission - not to rescue an hostage - but to take an hostage?
    Yes, you can hire a ninja clan to "Take a Character from Another Court Hostage". It forces independent characters into an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsunoshi View Post
    Yes, you can hire a ninja clan to "Take a Character from Another Court Hostage". It forces independent characters into an alliance.
    Interesting kind of diplomacy. Thanks for the answer.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

kind of like forcing a vassalage relationship no?

like many of the clans back in sengoku, to mention one, we have the Mouri family, where Takamoto was a hostage of the Ouchi's to secure Motonari's obedience.

But, what i'm curious about is, is it possible to have the clan refuse to obey just because you took a hostage? we have an example in history, Matsudaira Hirotada refused to "submit" and play along Oda's side when Oda Nobuhide captured Takechiyo but Hirotada refused and insisted on formalizing his alliance with the Imagawa and in a sense, he had forsaken his son in favor of the clan's survival.

So, I think it'd be a nice tweak, having a hostage, but the enemy decides not to give in, and in turn, you have the chance to kill the hostage or keep him as a measure to pressure the enemy, but that won't always guarantee the result.

67 games registered

CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsunoshi View Post
    OK, yes, both samurai and ashigaru units have inherent firepower in the form of archers (not to mention guys throwing rocks and maybe the rare Chinese firearm ) and will take part in the fire phase. This is verified both by the instruction manual and the game itself.
    Presumably Inf do more damage than cav in the fire phase and arquebusiers are the games cannons...
    Non Angelus Sed Anglus

The Barcelona-based Sport: 'Football punishes Barca - Unjust, cruel, horrible, unmerited. Any adjective is not enough to define the incredible elimination of Barca at the hands of Chelsea.'

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaz View Post
    Presumably Inf do more damage than cav in the fire phase and arquebusiers are the games cannons...
    Could be the case. Now that I think about it, one of the later versions of EU3 introduced (tiny) fire values for infantry to fix the exact pointless fire phase problem I mentioned. Suddenly those 6-fire generals weren't quite useless in the 1400s, even if 6shock was still much better.

No no no no no
    No no no no no no no
    No no no no ...yes?

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonrtf View Post
    Is it possible to capture an enemy character leader during battle, as recently announced as a CKII possibility?
    No. But there are battle events that can wound or maim you, or give you a new positive traits connected to your martial skill.
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gars View Post
    No. But there are battle events that can wound or maim you, or give you a new positive traits connected to your martial skill.
    Nice, are battle events moddable?

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

Quote Originally Posted by unperson View Post
    Nice, are battle events moddable?
    Yes. They are regular events spawned by a number of "on actions".
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gars View Post
    Yes. They are regular events spawned by a number of "on actions".
    Very nice! Thanks for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2