• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(209265)

Corporal
1 Badges
Jun 2, 2010
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
As the US I seem to be having trouble getting rid of the democratic party and replacing it with the liberal party(whig or republican. I have secret ballots and universal voting with first past the post as the voting method. A clear majority of 60% of my population is liberal but each time the Democrats win 100% of the vote.

Is this a glitch? or am i doing something wrong?

Well if you first past the post it does not matter if 60% support your party since the vote is done by state. I use the middle one. Also the liberal pops want political change, when you get the chance try reforming things they want the least first, this will increase the liberals.

IIRC, there's a problem in 1.3 (fixed in 1.4) where "Machine Politics" crime affects the entire country, making the outcome of the vote problematic to control.

Try spamming elections, though, and selecting isues that you don't necessarily agree with as long as they belong to the party you want.

Well if you first past the post it does not matter if 60% support your party since the vote is done by state. I use the middle one. Also the liberal pops want political change, when you get the chance try reforming things they want the least first, this will increase the liberals.
Or better yet not reforming anything at all.

There's a political reform you've chosen that should have "First past the post: Yes" in the tooltip, I suggest picking the middle (I think it was Jefferson something) or the "highest" political reform in the voting sector, then you'll also be able to see the actual vote results.