+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Team!

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Meet the Team!

Kallocain has talked with the development team and here is some nice tidbits about the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVt_-OgvcM0

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Excellent English by Captain Gars, I must say. It's the first time I've seen him on video... "Hello Captain!"
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Some very interesting new options here. Looking forward to the game!
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Looking good. I like how diplomacy and the plots mechanic seems to be working out.

Nice wardrobe choices, too.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Excellent English by Captain Gars, I must say. It's the first time I've seen him on video... "Hello Captain!"
    He was in the DW meet the team too
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandletaadu View Post
    Nice game, nice people and nice kimonos.
    Pssst, it's only one kimono which they pass around.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

So I (foolishly) read the youtube comments. No, you do not need to collect taxes manually. It's always great when one person makes something up and everyone else just accepts it fact while decrying it as a terrible idea.
    Relentless madman.

Never, ever ever read youtube comments. Ever.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    So I (foolishly) read the youtube comments. No, you do not need to collect taxes manually. It's always great when one person makes something up and everyone else just accepts it fact while decrying it as a terrible idea.
    That does indeed sound like YouTube.

Before you fix those taxes, you really should change the fact you have to individually name each soldier when building your first army.

*cries*
    Relentless madman.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Romtos View Post
    Before you fix those taxes, you really should change the fact you have to individually name each soldier when building your first army.
    Really? You have to do that? That's HORRIBLE! How could PI do this? This game will be bad and suck.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Blog Entries
    He was in the DW meet the team too
    How did I miss him? Hm, did I not see the DW Team video? *puts this on my evening's todo list*
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Youtube comments also frustrate me. Especially in Sengoku videos, where some people always mention a certain game about the era that was released earlier this year.

I can't wait for the release, I'll be buying it as soon as the pre-order is available. Maybe I'll even buy a copy to a friend of mine who is into PI games and likes japanese history.

Usermod Coordinator Paradox Dev Team Captain Gars's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindSengoku

How did I miss him? Hm, did I not see the DW Team video? *puts this on my evening's todo list*
    Watching videos of me at night is only for the ladies...
    "I don't want to know or hear anything about neutrality. This is a fight between God and the devil. If he wants to side with God, then he has to join me. If he prefers to side with the devil, then indeed he must fight me. There is no third way."

Senior Scripter & Usermod Coordinator

(DON'T PM ME ABOUT MODDING ISSUES - THERE ARE SUBFORUMS FOR THAT)

~ Ivan Turina ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gars View Post
    Watching videos of me at night is only for the ladies...
    It's nearly 40° here, so I can't guarantee I'll have all my clothes on...

--

This thread took a turn for the worse.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I usually have the patience of a coma struck sloth on vacation. I'm also pretty fond of Steam but if they mishandle the Sengoku release as they've mishandled so many PI releases I'm going straight to GG for this one. I like Asian history and the character oriented PI games so this is a perfect match.

@Kandletaadu
    The word ninja is pronounced as niña in Swedish. Yes, I guess that sounds funny to a native Spanish speaker but trust me, the Spanish language have some words that are remarkable as well (some bordering offensive) when spoken/read in Swedish.
    Last edited by Yrsnö; 24-08-2011 at 19:59.
    Sometimes life, it moves too slow
    Slows to a crawl, and all the poetry is lost

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

It's nearly 40° here, so I can't guarantee I'll have all my clothes on...

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I don't mind collecting taxes manually, but I really hate the part where after collecting taxes you have to count all the coins to make sure you got the right amount.
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast