• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the axis can't beat the Russkies or at least push them back decisively, the Axis will inevitably lose. No point wasting everybodys time. The Allies can just spam units and throw them in without thinking, they do not need any skill at all from that point on.

In our game Axis won minor victory. I was there as Germany.
We still did have local advantage, and had to fight against UK landings in France and later USA landings in Norway.
On eastern front it was slight standstill, as every operation cost manpower and we were bleeding 1-2 disbanded divisions/month.
In Norway, local airpower was key to pushing americans back to sea, with few divisions obliterated from air.
In France, enemy bombed our divisions heavily, forcing to fall back from shore.

Key was Japan with unlimited manpower. Else, we were building rockets and nuclear reactor for middle of 1943. Nuclear solution would be early 1944.

If the axis can't beat the Russkies or at least push them back decisively, the Axis will inevitably lose. No point wasting everybodys time. The Allies can just spam units and throw them in without thinking, they do not need any skill at all from that point on.

I don't agree with you there. It aint over till it's over - this is a wargame, not an "Axis wins by steamrolling Russia or game over automation".
Gracefull strategic and tactical decisions can still be made once the Axis is on the downward spiral.
-> Actually this is where Axis players can truly proove their quality by making SOV and Allies pay hard for finall victory!

(The only important thing would be to give defeated Axis players ITA for example the chance to coop GER - helping against the massive overload of a multifront world war endgame.)

And SOV and ENG player get shoved around all day long in the first years of the war - they should get the chance of finallly striking back if they held out this long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me much of the morbid fascination of WWII comes from the brilliant and heroic fighting of GER troops - often still pulling of operations against overwhelming odds - in the last two years of the war.
The bitter irony and sad background of course beeing, that they were fighting for the truly "dark side" and all their sacrifices were inevitably for the wrong cause and all the heroic deeds and sacrifices would in the end go unremembered/ not honoured by anyone, beeing spoiled by the taint ov evil that came with Nazi policy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hence I can only applaud the new Carnage houserules (starting with the "al Dente" round) that require the Allies to take far more VP in order to win the game than in previous installations, like this one.

The problem is that the Axis players usually don't want to play anymore when they are being pushed back everywhere. Again, unless you create custom VCs, they will simply surrender. The new rules are a good start.

Sorry but then why axis is allowed to have victory over SU but Allies are not allowed to have fun after hard days of being on defense for very long time, it's very egoistic and biased way to play the game.

Comparing to Football game, it's like players of one side complaining: oh sorry we have draw after first half, and it will be hard to have advantage, so let's give up.

It is hard situation for players, but most exciting for audience, guess what would happen if players decided to give up after first half because second would be very hard and they could probably loose it.

Sorry but then why axis is allowed to have victory over SU but Allies are not allowed to have fun after hard days of being on defense for very long time, it's very egoistic and biased way to play the game.

It's pointless. It's rather egoistic to force people to continue in a game where they do not have a fighting chance. The Allies always have that, the Russians have lots of chances, but the Axis, at some point, just don't. I doubt you would enjoy playing Germany or Italy when you're being defeated. Probability of 99% is not a chance, it's a torture.

I don't agree with you there. It aint over till it's over - this is a wargame, not an "Axis wins by steamrolling Russia or game over automation".

Truth be told, in almost all games it is, but only because it's played as a two faction war instead of a three faction war.

Personally I would play to bitter end, I love challanges, even if I wouldn't win I would improve my skills, I would also try to make inevitable come later.

Then that's your opinion, no need to insult people not willing to do what they percieve as a waste of time.