• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Icelandics are tampering with us! We shall not fail in repairing this save file! For Glory! :p

Hurrah!

No one can stop us now! Onwards to BerliN! :p

Great, lead those crazy viking to victory.

Small update today - sorry guys ^^;
You are welcome to suggest strategies.

Chapter IV - One long year ahead

It was time for an overview of the Norwegian situation after the annexation of Iceland. King Haakon VII ordered Ireland to be attacked and annexed in 1940. The amount and the kind of preparation needed for this conquest would be estimated based on the current statistics of the geostrategical, military and economic situation of Norway. First off, the soil of the kingdom and the provinces occupied surrounded the British Isles by now. However, Iceland was weak in Industry and Infrastructure - therefore Ireland would need to be acquired in order to ensure another stable base for possible future warfare against the Union.

00401.png

The Royal Army, while quite modern compared to other nations of Norways size, lacked the numbers needed for large scale conquest. Knowing that a lack of quantity can't be replaced by any amount of quality, the decision to enlarge Norways Forces had been made. Question was, wether a simple ground conquest, an naval starvation or a crushing aerial warfare would be the key to Irelands surrender. In their current state, the Forces of Haakon wouldn't be able to overcome the huge IRA movement, that started since Belfast and Londonderry were annexed.

00402.png

The kingdom needed technology and quick! The spy network, that has been built over the years was now put to use in a global operation for the first time. It's goal was securing blueprints of foreign technology. Success brought forth several blueprints for new naval vessels. Was it God's will for Norway to starve Ireland with a naval blockade? The Generals and Ministers of Haakon argued for several nights throughout January, which method would prove to be most useful and most executable.

00403.png

Last edited:
Those techs will help greatly with expanding and producing a modernized navy that can challenge nearby countries and Baltic nations like Finland and Denmark (Swedish Navy in Kaiserreich is huge compared to Norwegian if I remember correctly).

Also, will you simply steal IC from taken provinces, or while not doing so will you build your own IC to increase it during the brief pauses between wars of the war-mongering Norway? :D

Nice AAR so far, especially the effort you put into creating the illustrations is laudable. I have a question, though: When the chances of claiming Northern Ireland are already at 50 percent, had it been possible to claim even more of Ireland?

@MastahCheef117: The problem is, that those nations are all guaranteed by Germany. Ireland and Iceland were pretty much the only ones Mitteleuropa didn't care about. As for IC: I'll get something out of Iceland, but since I switched IC and TT Takeover off, it won't be much~

@K W: I had like a 5 to 10% chance to claim all of Ireland, but that would've been rather gamey, so I decided not to do that :)

Chapter V - Favor of the Gods

After long-winded discussions, the Chief of Staff decided to enlarge Norways Army by recruiting 3 more Militia Division until October 1940. This strained the manpower pool of the Kingdom to it's limits, but would prove invaluable to the war efforts against Ireland. Recruitment was green-lit in February 1940 and many young nationalists were eager to serve their king in any future war and enlisted themselves.

00501x.png

By the end of July, the conclusion of a major European war was at hand. The French Syndicalists experienced a second 1871 in their war against Mitteleuropa and suffered a heavy defeat. The truly disturbing thing about that was, that Germany did not install a French puppet, but instead convinced National France to join Mitteleuropa in exchange for their homeland. This raised Germany's status to the undisputed hegemonial power of not only Europe, but also of Africa. Haakon knew, that future politics would have to focus on reducing the German increase of power not only in the North Atlantic, but world wide.

00502l.png

By October 1940, all of Norways Forces were deployed to Northern Ireland. The war was at hand. The young Militias were eager to draw Irish blood. This would be the first full scale operation, of the Royal Armed Forces. 4 Militia divisions were stationed in Londonderry. Their task was to hold the province and assist the Army in their attack against Dublin. The Royal Surface Fleet would bombard the city itself in order to spread chaos among the IRA units within the city. The Submarine Fleet would raid convoys around the island in order to starve the Irish defenders slowly. This plan had to work out, or Norways posessions and safety would be endangered.

00503.png

However, war could also be waged by the Intelligence Service, who successfully funded partisans in Southern Ireland binding their forces needed in the north to the south. The agents and the participating partisans would later receive high decorations and estates from Haakon VII personally.

00504.png

The battle of Dublin was slow, but turned worse for the Irish defenders as time went by. Pulling off 2 divisions from Dublin in order to launch an attack on Londonderry was a clever move, but ultimately this strategy was crushed by higher powers.

00505.png

The gods seemed to favor Norway, as heavy snowfall in Londonderry and Belfast prevented all Irish attempts to launch counter offensives against Norwegian soil. Meanwhile not a single snowflake fell on the streets of Dublin leaving its mostly Militia defenders helpless against the highly trained Norwegian Infantry.

00506.png

On the 17th of November 1940, Dublin was taken by the Royal Army and the Irish Forces, knowing that they couldn't retake the areas for at least 3 months due to heavy snowfall and realizing their hopeless economic situation, decided to lay down their weapons. The Irish government - believing into their victory until the end, didn't leave Dublin and were therefore caught by the 6th Infantry Division. They signed unconditional surrender. Haakon however, was not a tyrant and created a satellite and even renounced Norwegian claims on the North of the island. A military alliance between the two states was signed on the 2nd of December. Until a proper Irish Army has been established, the Norwegian Infantry Corps together with the Submarine Fleet would stay in Dublin as protection force, while the Militias were transported back home to protect their own families and were stationed in Reykjavic, Oslo, Trondheim and Narvik. 1941 would be a good year for Norway...

00507.png

Last edited:
Wait, Syndie France was crushed so quickly?

Now the focus could shift to Sweden and Denmark, so as to form a new Kalmar Union

@Winner: German AI is pretty impressive in this AAR. They even crushed the Vietnam uprising within a month or two. France got ragestomped within a year or so.

@MarkusH: No, I have no cores there. I'll leave the game as it is, though. I'm not a friend of custom edits on the scenario.

@hoi2geek: They are still guaranteed by Germany. Next victim will most probably be the Netherlands.

Wait, Syndie France was crushed so quickly?

In all of my Kaiserreich games (2 so far, so on second thought maybe it doesn't count) France was crushed easily in under 2 months by Germany. Why, have you seen them hold out longer or even fight a drawn-out war with Mitteleuropa?

I actually saw it it win twice, one with my help, one without.

In all of my Kaiserreich games (2 so far, so on second thought maybe it doesn't count) France was crushed easily in under 2 months by Germany. Why, have you seen them hold out longer or even fight a drawn-out war with Mitteleuropa?

I never played KR in DH, but if it's similar to the previous versions, the problem seems to be the manpower. Syndie French just squander men in WW1-like offensives, and when they run out of manpower, Germany steamrolls them. When I edited the scenario and gave them a couple thousand more manpower, they usually won ;)

But seriously, they should lose. I mean, look at it as if it was the reality - they should have fewer men than Germany, they should have fewer resources, they should have smaller economy, so if they don't surprise the Germans with some really innovative tactics (just as the Germans surprised the French in our timeline), they should lose a prolonged war (as the Germans lost WW2 when they run out of luck).

I am just surprised they lost so quickly, the war should last at least 3 years or so, similar to WW1.

Small update today - sorry guys ^^;
You are welcome to suggest strategies.

Chapter IV - One long year ahead

It was time for an overview of the Norwegian situation after the annexation of Iceland. King Haakon VII ordered Ireland to be attacked and annexed in 1940. The amount and the kind of preparation needed for this conquest would be estimated based on the current statistics of the geostrategical, military and economic situation of Norway. First off, the soil of the kingdom and the provinces occupied surrounded the British Isles by now. However, Iceland was weak in Industry and Infrastructure - therefore Ireland would need to be acquired in order to ensure another stable base for possible future warfare against the Union.

00401.png

The Royal Army, while quite modern compared to other nations of Norways size, lacked the numbers needed for large scale conquest. Knowing that a lack of quantity can't be replaced by any amount of quality, the decision to enlarge Norways Forces had been made. Question was, wether a simple ground conquest, an naval starvation or a crushing aerial warfare would be the key to Irelands surrender. In their current state, the Forces of Haakon wouldn't be able to overcome the huge IRA movement, that started since Belfast and Londonderry were annexed.

00402.png

The kingdom needed technology and quick! The spy network, that has been built over the years was now put to use in a global operation for the first time. It's goal was securing blueprints of foreign technology. Success brought forth several blueprints for new naval vessels. Was it God's will for Norway to starve Ireland with a naval blockade? The Generals and Ministers of Haakon argued for several nights throughout January, which method would prove to be most useful and most executable.

00403.png

Dude where you find these icons ?

Last edited:
@Soulstrider: I've seen both scenarios in several games. Sometimes France wins, sometimes it's Germany - pretty much 50/50 chance. Guess Syndicalists have it bad in my AAR: They got crushed in the USA, in Russia and now even in Spain. Looks bad for South Italy and Britain.

@Lazpiyade_53: As I've said before, most of them are custom made by me.

@all: I'll try to update this weekend.