EU3 is a great game, which is why I play it so much....
But there are some little things that niggle me, and so I've decided to put up a list of the changes I've made and see if anyone is interested in me giving over the files. These are tweaks and minor additions only! No new nations, maps, events etc, just little changes that makes the game that little bit better.
I will post up the files later if there is interest.
This is an incomplete list of changes I've made:
- Edited buildings so level 1-4 not destroyed on conquest. Level 1 requires no magistrate, except forts.
- Edited prices so that all good's demand except slaves are influenced by 1 or more building chains. So cloth gets increased demand from land buildings, tobacco from naval and trade buildings.
- Changed infamy limits down by 5 and made taking provinces more expensive in all cases except reconquest, nationalism, colonial and imperialism CBs. Basically, an average nation will only be able to eat 4-5 provinces at the start of the game unless they are taking cores.
- Granada is a vassal of Castille, which has meant that no Spanish invasion of Africa right away.
- Removed vassalisation of Provance by Naples, but made them allied.
- Made Persia a Despotic Monarchy rather than a Theocracy.
- Removed all Steppe Hordes from Central Asia (making them Tribal Despotisms), and instead made the North American tribes Steppe Nomads. Historically this works very well. It does not affect the Central or South American natives.
- Added a Western European cavalry unit named Gendarmes for around 1450. They are 0/0 2/2 2/2. It's silly to make France and Spain be using Medieval units until 1560.
- Made rulers with more than 5 territories who have a 3 stat 'Incapable'.
- ADM 3: -20% tax, +10% Stability cost.
- DIP 3: -10BB limit, +2 revolt risk, -5 legitimacy.
- MIL 3: -0.5 morale, -1% prestige, -10% manpower.
- Coversely made rulers with more than 5 territories with stats of 9 'great', with positive boni equal to half and opposite the Incapable rulers above. So a 9 MIL ruler gets +0.25 morale, +1% prestige and +5% manpower.
- IMPORTANT: Therefore this mod should be played without lucky nations! Instead, set it to off. I have added a 'Rising Nations' country modifier which gives the historical lucky nations important bonuses to help.
- Rebels changed to disband on defeat, but also be harder to defeat and enforce demands quicker.
- Changed decentralisation to not have a tax penalty, and to reduce revolt risk and stability cost. This makes it an actual viable option if you're not westernising!
- Ruler stats now affect legitimacy, military and cultural tradition as well as the normal things.
- Forts have 1100 defenders per level, so single regiments can no longer successfully occupy a whole province.
- Edited some ruler stats.
Now, I have run hands off test of this, but I would like suggestions on the above. Also, if there are any historical monarchs you think have bad or inaccurate stats do tell! I will be adding them to this mod too.
So far Charles VI and some of the Ming rulers are down to be changed, and the Milan Visconti.
This is the area where I'd like the most advice to fix up some of the historical rulers in light of the above Incapable and Great ruler changes.