+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ashantai's Tweaking Mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ashantai's Tweaking Mod

EU3 is a great game, which is why I play it so much....

But there are some little things that niggle me, and so I've decided to put up a list of the changes I've made and see if anyone is interested in me giving over the files. These are tweaks and minor additions only! No new nations, maps, events etc, just little changes that makes the game that little bit better.

I will post up the files later if there is interest.

This is an incomplete list of changes I've made:
    - Edited buildings so level 1-4 not destroyed on conquest. Level 1 requires no magistrate, except forts.
    - Edited prices so that all good's demand except slaves are influenced by 1 or more building chains. So cloth gets increased demand from land buildings, tobacco from naval and trade buildings.
    - Changed infamy limits down by 5 and made taking provinces more expensive in all cases except reconquest, nationalism, colonial and imperialism CBs. Basically, an average nation will only be able to eat 4-5 provinces at the start of the game unless they are taking cores.
    - Granada is a vassal of Castille, which has meant that no Spanish invasion of Africa right away.
    - Removed vassalisation of Provance by Naples, but made them allied.
    - Made Persia a Despotic Monarchy rather than a Theocracy.
    - Removed all Steppe Hordes from Central Asia (making them Tribal Despotisms), and instead made the North American tribes Steppe Nomads. Historically this works very well. It does not affect the Central or South American natives.
    - Added a Western European cavalry unit named Gendarmes for around 1450. They are 0/0 2/2 2/2. It's silly to make France and Spain be using Medieval units until 1560.
    - Made rulers with more than 5 territories who have a 3 stat 'Incapable'.
    - ADM 3: -20% tax, +10% Stability cost.
    - DIP 3: -10BB limit, +2 revolt risk, -5 legitimacy.
    - MIL 3: -0.5 morale, -1% prestige, -10% manpower.
    - Coversely made rulers with more than 5 territories with stats of 9 'great', with positive boni equal to half and opposite the Incapable rulers above. So a 9 MIL ruler gets +0.25 morale, +1% prestige and +5% manpower.
    - IMPORTANT: Therefore this mod should be played without lucky nations! Instead, set it to off. I have added a 'Rising Nations' country modifier which gives the historical lucky nations important bonuses to help.
    - Rebels changed to disband on defeat, but also be harder to defeat and enforce demands quicker.
    - Changed decentralisation to not have a tax penalty, and to reduce revolt risk and stability cost. This makes it an actual viable option if you're not westernising!
    - Ruler stats now affect legitimacy, military and cultural tradition as well as the normal things.
    - Forts have 1100 defenders per level, so single regiments can no longer successfully occupy a whole province.
    - Edited some ruler stats.

Now, I have run hands off test of this, but I would like suggestions on the above. Also, if there are any historical monarchs you think have bad or inaccurate stats do tell! I will be adding them to this mod too.
    So far Charles VI and some of the Ming rulers are down to be changed, and the Milan Visconti.

This is the area where I'd like the most advice to fix up some of the historical rulers in light of the above Incapable and Great ruler changes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ashantai; 24-08-2011 at 11:03.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Wow, looks very nice. I like most of the changes, save for the infamy limit change. I always loved my conquests. I personally also changed some of the steppe hordes from hordes.

I'd love to try this mod out though.
    "Gentlemen, if this man [Frederick the Great] were still alive I would not be here,"
    -Napoleon Bonaparte, after defeating Prussia.

NINJA

Sometimes I think about living in different periods of history, and then I realize that there would be no Central Heating, and I stop thinking.

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

OK, the zipped mod with all files comes to 99kb!

http://www.mediafire.com/?pl5wgd5bvljvvsl

I'm always open to suggestions!
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    - Granada is a vassal of Castille, which has meant that no Spanish invasion of Africa right away.
    So, how does Castille annex Granada if its a vassal and muslim ?

Other than that, it looks good, i should try it out.

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I like some triggered stuff, may i have your permission to include some of it in my mod?
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I think there should be a slight penalty for medicore rulers as well as a slight bonus for little above medicore rulers, this cna just be half of what happens at incapable or great but i think that if a ruler is 6/6/6 its avarage and does not get bonus or pnealties, if its 7/7/7 it gets half of what a 9/9/9 gets and if its 5/5/5 it gets half of what A 3/3/3 gets.

This will increas ethe historicla accuracy i think or just for the fun, you should get bonus and pentalties for smaller things as well like i just said, more MMU kinda....

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Derahan View Post
    I think there should be a slight penalty for medicore rulers as well as a slight bonus for little above medicore rulers, this cna just be half of what happens at incapable or great but i think that if a ruler is 6/6/6 its avarage and does not get bonus or pnealties, if its 7/7/7 it gets half of what a 9/9/9 gets and if its 5/5/5 it gets half of what A 3/3/3 gets.

This will increas ethe historicla accuracy i think or just for the fun, you should get bonus and pentalties for smaller things as well like i just said, more MMU kinda....
    There already are bonii/malii for all different skill levels...

this would be for truly exceptional rulers, unless I misunderstand his intent.

Similar to the triggered modifiers for truly inept rulers in MiscMods.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Yeah, only rulers with a stat of 9 or 3 get boni/penalties.

By all means, anyone who wants to use anything I do please do so! If you happen to make a mod though let me know so I can try it too!

I was thinking of making something similar to some others which assigns new rulers some personalities based on their stats. I'll see how that goes. I'm not great at coding.

Castille will eventually cancel their vassalisation and annex them, or someone else will. It's like the Ottomans with Serbia. Remember, Granada survived until 1492 historically - normally they rarely reach 1402!

Thanks!

Yeah, only rulers with a stat of 9 or 3 get boni/penalties.

By all means, anyone who wants to use anything I do please do so! If you happen to make a mod though let me know so I can try it too!

I was thinking of making something similar to some others which assigns new rulers some personalities based on their stats. I'll see how that goes. I'm not great at coding.

Castille will eventually cancel their vassalisation and annex them, or someone else will. It's like the Ottomans with Serbia. Remember, Granada survived until 1492 historically - normally they rarely reach 1402!

Thanks!
    Hey cool, I will add a few things from your mod to my collection as well, since you don't mind. Of course I'll give credit and a link here :-) Anyhow I am having fun playing with your mod so thanks!
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

No probs!

Please let me know your experiences with it, and any balance changes that need to be made.

I have tested adding into static_modifiers a +5 to land force limits for the capital province of every country. I also increased the capital province's manpower bonus to 50%.

That means even the most lowly OPM will be able to support at least 6 regiments.

Thoughts?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have tested adding into static_modifiers a +5 to land force limits for the capital province of every country. I also increased the capital province's manpower bonus to 50%.

That means even the most lowly OPM will be able to support at least 6 regiments.

Thoughts?
    If you intend to allow OPMs to field 6 regiment armies, why not simply add to triggered modifiers something like this

###################################
    #opm halp #
    ###################################
    OPM_help = {

trigger = {
    NOT = {num_of_cities = 2 }
    }
    land_forcelimit = 5
    global_manpower_modifier = 1
    }
    That way France wont have like 30k additional manpower in 1399, unless your intention is to really boost the MP of everybody as capitals are quite rich in manpower. Im pretty sure Paris starts with like 2.5k

No probs!

Please let me know your experiences with it, and any balance changes that need to be made.
    I will, I found a few things but will post later. I didn't use much at all though so am not likely to be a great source of feedback ;-)
    Thanks!

Hmm, that's a very good idea, Nooblord! I might do as you suggest.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

As promised I'm here to post names of Ming Emperors
    Here is a wikipedia page of "list of Ming Rulers" which is correct:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_Ming_Dynasty

As you may have already noticed, Paradox devs used Era Name as the emperors' "Name" in game, and like I explained today to you, "the Official name of the Imperial State, Ming" as their "dynasty name/family name".
    For the moment, the best solution of being more accurate in level of their names is, keep the era name as their name (real personal name is forbidden, Posthumous name and Temple name is just for deadman), and change the family name into "of Ming".

IMO the amount of names this list offered is enough (and they all existed IRL).
    but if you need more, go search "List of emperors of the X Dynasty", the main dynasties ruled China was: Qin, Han, Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Yuan.
    And if you want something not that famous for alternative names:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasti...hinese_history
    in this list you can find all of the dynasties ruled, go search their list of emperors, then collect the Era name of them.

For the states of historical rulers, work is in process

Celestial Empire Government no longer allows royal marriage, this kind of thing means some other stuff in ancient China, especially in Ming China.

For Manchu or sayin Qing,.. well that's quite weird, devs mixed Era Names and Personal Names here, I am almost sure that's because before entering China and becoming the dominate of proper China, they don't use Era Names.
    Since Aisin Gioro is quite badass (), I suggest using completely personal names for then,
    you can find them here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qing_Emperors
    and here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ens_Chieftains

"Jianzhou Jurchens" are their original real state name
    Last edited by Fryz; 26-08-2011 at 00:06.
    PAX SINICA - EU4 Mod about China, Sinosphere and other stuffs.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Sorry for spamming, I post seperately for being clear.

Other suggestions:

For the factions system.

I downloaded a Chinese mod named "Recover Ming", which contains a modification of factions, it's 44mb, I think sending it on skype will be better.
    And here, we have also some faction mods
    Eu-Factions mod
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...U-Factions-Mod

and I saw in the thread of Misc Mods, this:

so maybe you can check Misc mod too.

a very rough idea about correcting the name and description of Temple faction:
    Generals
    All around the world, thoughts of soldiers were always quite similar: the best way to resolve the problem is action, the best action is remove your enemy before they come to you.
    the current one in game is just strange.

For the "what you can do what you can't" stuff, since we seem agree on skype this will be done laterly, here I just list something I think that's important:
    1, Remove the limit of building, trading and colonizing. Make them "really very expensive, difficult and slower" when you have wrong faction on.
    2, The General Faction will be the only faction that allows you to build over forcelimit. and remove the forcelimit penalty for this faction. Add more economy and administrative penalty.
    3, Make the General Faction more difficult to rise to power than other two, since Ming Emperors don't really trust generals in most of their time.
    4, Make "the factions in power" changing more depended on your cultural decision, lesser on sliders.

--------------------------------------------------

Decisions

No matter if more decisions are going to be added in future works, DELETE THAT STUPID "MING->MANCHU" DECISION......
    this decision, at first it's extremely inaccurate, that's logically impossible, kinda like "Charles V of Habsburg decided to call his empire 'Weeaabooland' and named his son 'MIMI'." I'm not joking.
    Last edited by Fryz; 25-08-2011 at 23:59.
    PAX SINICA - EU4 Mod about China, Sinosphere and other stuffs.

Awesome work. I'll look into it a bit later.

Now, another thing; Noble Republics, Merchant Republics and Admin Republics have quite short voting terms. Shouldn't that be changed up significantly? I mean, all the merchant republics IRL elected their leaders for life, not 4 years.

My suggestion would therefore be:
    Admin Republic - 8 year term.
    Merchant Republic - 16 year term.
    Noble Republic - 24 year term.

Thoughts?

Ideally I'd make the terms 30 years so that you only choose your candidate when one dies...but yeah.

Awesome work. I'll look into it a bit later.

Now, another thing; Noble Republics, Merchant Republics and Admin Republics have quite short voting terms. Shouldn't that be changed up significantly? I mean, all the merchant republics IRL elected their leaders for life, not 4 years.

My suggestion would therefore be:
    Admin Republic - 8 year term.
    Merchant Republic - 16 year term.
    Noble Republic - 24 year term.

Thoughts?

Ideally I'd make the terms 30 years so that you only choose your candidate when one dies...but yeah.
    Nobles should have 999 year Term, so the only way you change rulers is for one to die.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkishCapybara View Post
    Nobles should have 999 year Term, so the only way you change rulers is for one to die.
    Just do what it does in the Republican Dictatorship entry, don't set it to have a 'duration' variable.

But then you can't choose the candidate, you just get one, if I'm correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast