yeah...after many years of HoI II playing and inspired by a series of really great mods like the Final2 Mod, Core or the excellent Third Reich Mod or No Mercy Mod I decided to
make yet another 1936-1946 scenario with emphasis on the core conflict between axis and allies (especially the war in the east) without "what if" stuff...I know this is problably the 98th attempt but I dare to say that I will have some unique features to be enjoyed which will raise immersion considerably...
Ultimate goal is to create one of the most immersive german campaigns ever with a unique atmosphere according to the timeframe squeezing everything possible out of the old engine in order to circumvent and outwit some of the most important hardcoded limitations
among other things there will be:
1. country specific expensive elite divisions like:
UK Commandos, US Rangers, Soviet Guard Infantry (41,43 and 45 model)...and of course german ss divisions with mot,mech and tank divisions (model 40 and 43)..all these are additional to the existing units in the game
1a. UK,US and USSR ai will actually recruit the new elite infantry units
2.Striped all unnecessary stuff and techs from all trees as this is only a pure WWII thing...1936-1946 (semimodern)
2a...for building elite units player has to built certain authorities or ministries...
3.German StuG tech tree with proper brigade pictures (now StuGs are to be considered instead of SP-Art as they give little morale and org)
4. Reworked german SP Art tree with correct models
5. New unique brigades for germany apart from normal models. Example: Tank Destroyers: Elephant (43) and Jagdtiger (44) buildable apart from normal Tank Destroyer tree..all with brigade pics,unique values,advantages and disadvantages...Regular Tank Destroyer tree is:Pz.Jg I, Marder II, Jagdpanzer (38t),Jagdpanzer IV,Jagdpanther
6. 3 different heavy artillery pieces 38cmK5 Rail Art, 60cm Mortar Karl, 80cm Dora Rail Art..all buildable and unique without upgrading and with real brigade pictures for immersion
7. Realistic production in comparison between the majors GER,UK,US,JAP and USSR
and so on..and so on...
8. Germany wont built heavy tanks until mid 1941..beware !
8a. Other immersive featues which will come to my mind during developement...
9. Entire setting and balance will make for a most difficult german scenario without excessive unit spawning
10. Allies will outproduce axis at least by 2:1 depending on the course of the war and german conquest..the longer the war against Russia takes the harder it will get for Germany...
11. 3 different super heavy artillerys to choose from for Germany with different prices,values and purposes...good for inital bombardment
12. Reworked and reorganized/relocated Brigade system to make maximum usage of ability to show brigade pictures for immersion and flavor. Its useless to see pictures of Police/Pioneers but couldnt have pictures for hardequipment like StuGs or new Heavy Artillery Brigade (all countrys) or Super Heavy Rail Artillery for germany
13. New Brigade for Infantry ALL COUNTRYS: Heavy Artillery 1938 and 1942 (expensive but great for attack support)
14. Eliminated Light Armor Brigade cause it was a waste of a brigade slot with picture showing ability and from its values it was not even considered to be built by players (In 6 years of HoI II playing I never built it)
Many of the minor features are inspired especially by The Third Reich mod and the No Mercy Mod...
a few early developement alpha screens...everything visible is working already
screens are in german...sorry ....if I wont get some helping hand Iam not sure when I will be able to deal with the english as I do developement in german ...in the meantime just google specific words if you really need to know what xyz exactly means..I think most things are obvious as we all now the tech trees,except for the secret weapons tree which is now called "Special Technologies"