• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've already done the impossible once, lets see that it wasn't just good luck :D

I don't know if two divisions can conquer the world but the world will remember Luxembourg for sure :)

Mnplastic as far as I know you CAN'T attack countries from countries that you have Military Access.So if what I say is true you can't attack the Netherlands.That means you are screwed.:eek:o

I found a away to attack from a country with a Military Access. It requires precision in timing coordination.

Was Hannibal operating under HoI3 supply mechanics where you can't supply your separated territories via foreign country if you aren't in a faction with the said country?

AFAIK you can attack, you just can't get supply through.

Hannibal was supplying his forces by foraging in hostile territory. This is exactly what I am going to do.

Depends on version and patch. In SF 2.04d / 2.04f you can supply but you can't attack.

The thing is that you can not attack because your army is out of supply in a neutral country. The supply is the only issue which stops you from attacking from the neutral territory.

this is insanity :eek: i wish you luck

Thank you. I am sure it will b fun :cool:

I am on holiday now - so no updates for the next 1.5 weeks. I will have to think more about Luxembourg strategy before implementing it :D

I can't believe I missed this; I love all of your AARs but this one might take the cake. Enjoy your vacation!

I have returned a few days ago but there is a huge backlog at work and overtime :angry:

I will try to update the AAR tomorrow or on weekend. I got some ideas brought from the holiday to try :)

Preparations up to 1 July 1939

Intelligence:

10 spies are kept the Netherlands and Luxembourg is already ready to attack the country.

Further reduction of neutrality continues.

Technology:

No further breakthroughs occur.

390701technology.jpg

Politics:

Luxembourg’s neutrality continues to fall. On 1 February 1939, economic laws change to the War Economy.

390701politics.jpg

On 16 March 1939, Foreign Nation Supports Opposition Party happens.
It is very important not to choose any options which offer to lower National Unity because it will be difficult to restore it to 80% which allows choosing Heavy Industry during war.

390701politics2.jpg

Diplomacy:

Situation began evolve fast. On 27 March 1939, Germany annexes Czechoslovakia and western neighbours quickly mobilise armies. Luxemburg in return guarantees independence of Finland. You can lay a guarantee only if your neutrality is 60 or below. It is now obvious that Luxembourg’s war will begin whenever Germany declares war against Poland as the USSR immediately attacks Finland after that.

There two benefits of the war against the USSR. Luxembourg will apply better laws and will be able to set up its army before the war against the Allies.

Luxembourg also obtains transition rights from Siam, just in case there will be a need to retreat to Siam or base transport.

390701czech.jpg

Italy joins the Axis on 19 April 1939 and a few weeks later annexes Albania. Zog King of Albania escapes to London but we know he could do much better than that (refer to “Kneel Before Zog!: 1936 Albania”).

390701italy.jpg

Luxembourg can attack 2 countries at the moment: the Netherlands and Germany.

390701diplomacy.jpg

Production:

In February 2 more licences of upgraded FCM.36 were bought from France.

390701production1.jpg

All production should be finished in early December. Luxembourg builds industrial capacity as a waste of unused IC when necessary.

390701production.jpg

Last edited:
Italy joins the Axis on 19 April 1939 and a few weeks later annexes Albania. Zog King of Albania escapes to London but we he could do much better than that (refer to “Kneel Before Zog!: 1936 Albania”).

Fear not, I am sure that even now he quietly plots revenge from London.

Would you mind reviewing your OOB as well as the list of units that are hiding off the map awaiting deployment?

very ambitious. subscribed

Welcome!

I'll come back the 9th or 10th to see how the war is going ... :D

The war begins in the next chapter.

If you manage this than you will earn the pride of "Millions" of Luxembourgians!
P.S Have fun on your holidays ;)

I hope I can draft all those "millions" in to the glorious army :)

I can't believe I missed this; I love all of your AARs but this one might take the cake. Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks! It was a very good weather. I had some ideas taken from the holiday so I hope these could make the game memorable :)

Take your time man...Patience is a virtue :)

The worst part is that I can not wait myself :p

Fear not, I am sure that even now he quietly plots revenge from London.

Would you mind reviewing your OOB as well as the list of units that are hiding off the map awaiting deployment?

I will deploy the army in the next chapter when Luxembourg joins the war against the evil soviets. There should be a 15,000 Luxembourgian army.

It's cool dude. ;)

Luxembourg is the best country for World Domination. :D

And a big fun too :) Welcome to the thread!

I count possibly two armor brigades and three engineer brigades ready to go and two more armor on the make - three divisions.

Good counting. Yes I will have 2 full divisions or 3 small. I actually will have to employ the splitting of brigades quite a lot.

So...Did the challenge proved to be too hard or is real life delays you? :)

Not really :) However I managed to brake the game twice already and had no time to play a third time from July 1939. This is due to the unusual sequence of the events which scripters could not predict.

Once I attacked Germany and then signed a peace in order to avoid being attacked while I was at war with the Allies. Germany ignored the truce and attacked anyway making me a member of Allies. The game broke down because I was fighting the Allies while I was part of the Allies. I could see their all units but they had problems attacking me etc.

Second time I avoided to become a member of the Allies by guaranteeing the independence of Norway. The problem was while I avoided the direct German declaration of war, Luxembourg became the part of the defensive war together with the Allies anyway. I could not see Allied units but could move through their territory and had weird fights and messages.

In both cases I could fix the game manually by editing savegames (removing Luxembourg from the list of the defensive war or members of the Allies) but I want the game to be without modifications.

Don't worry I have a third option ;)

Last edited:
Not really :) However I managed to brake the game twice already and had no time to play a third time from July 1939. This is due to the unusual sequence of the events which scripters could not predict.

I wouldn't just give the scripters a free pass. These are outright bugs that should be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.