Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: congrats seatribe you lost at least a dozen supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by jordypordy View Post
    Might wanna be more up-to-date before commenting on this issue: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/20...conomic-system

I'm sure they'll try to create some sort of balance, but most F2P games tend to imbalance there game somewhat, and don't exclusively use cosmetic perks to increase there income.
    Interesting, and possibly dangerous for the longevity of the game if not done correctly. Using the example of Wurm, the town vendors will buy items from players, but only if they have money that other players have given them when purchasing something from the vendor. If the store in Salem is creating silver, then there will be a point when purchases of silver with cash no longer make sense, without some serious money sinks. Better to use the Wurm system of all silver having originally been paid for, so that the money sinks are easier to regulate.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

really, just gang up on someone who "bought a sword +1" or something like that, kill him, take his "sword +1" and then you win and have the power of a pay to play gamer, its simple, trust me, i am a hardcore gamer, i know things you should do in situations like these.

I am concerned that some people haven't read the link that jordypordy posted. They explicitly state that every item in the store is purchasable by everyone and that buying silver won't give you any advantages except saving a bit of time and effort. If there are any super strong weapons in the in-game store they aren't going to be exclusive to people who pay real money, so get off it already. All it does is reward Paradox for lazy players who don't want to grind to get some boards or a cow.

I also don't think that buying silver is going to get you a lot of value for your money, so hard work is still the only real way to progress in this game. There is a lot more to Salem than having a sword you don't have the stats to properly use.

Quote Originally Posted by jordypordy View Post
    Yea, I'm not sure either how they will balance it, but I've no doubt they'll create some sort of balance. Or risk losing the few fans that even existed for this game.
    I don't really understand F2P model anyway, it seems to me "real-gamers" are the one willing to pay for a game and dislike F2P in general, where as F2P might attract some new players (although I doubt this concept will attract many casual gamers) I don't see these casual gamers forking out that much money.
    But no doubt I'm wrong, considering all the F2P games out there.
    F2P model is there to give people who would otherwise subscribe people to play with. Most people wouldn't pay for DC Online, and so the people who are willing to are left holding the bag. Under F2P settings, the paying players can still play, and yet enjoy playing with a healthy server count.

I'll just wait and see and give it a try. I'm absolutly no MMO-gamer, but I like some of the concepts behind this game and the whole frontier-thing (there are nearly no frontier-games out there).
    In the end you can play the game for free. If you see that players which are paying are far superior you can:
    a) stop playing the game and be dissapointed, but you haven't lost anything
    b) ignore it and keep on playing because you like the game
    c) start paying

But in these days people tend to take the whole games-thing much too serious I fear.

Second Lieutenant

My hopes and dreams were crushed once I knew Seatribe was creating it. They lack much professionalism which you could clearly see on their forums of Haven & Hearth along with their abusive admins. The only reason Salem is worth looking into is because it's by Pardox Interactive.
    Last edited by Klipse; 10-04-2012 at 19:19.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

No, Salem is still by Seatribe. Paradox is just a publisher. They're not in the business of creating games, just assisting with financial backing, marketing, and distribution. (I'm not familiar enough with the company to know if they ever were a development studio like EA, Activision, and others were in the distant past.)

If you have any major beefs with the core concepts of the game itself, expect those things to be here, too. If you're problems were strictly with server stability or the forum moderators, then yeah, Paradox will ensure these maintain some level of professionalism.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Klipse View Post
    My hopes and dreams were crushed once I knew Seatribe was creating it. They lack much professionalism which you could clearly see on their forums of Haven & Hearth along with their abusive admins. The only reason Salem is worth looking into is because it's by Pardox Interactive.
    Even though I know this is your OPINION, its makes me angry. Seatribe does not lack professionalism. They prove their professionalism to Paradox or else they would not have been chosen for this project. They've worked their behinds off keeping an alpha game like H&H open for as long as they have, out of there own pockets mind you, all for the players they love and cherish. The H&H forums have nothing to do with professionalism of Seatribe. Do you know who the devs are? The mods have nothing to do with Seatribe and cannot be held against them. They are only there to monitor the craziness of the forums. The mods are not abusive, in fact they get abused more then often. There is a fellowship amongst the regulars and mods that allow them to bash and/or make fun of each other. Those of us who have been around long enough know this.

This is more for all the complaining then you personally. I'm tired of people who don't have their facts straight, coming here and complaining. It makes others believe these complaints. People who have played H&H a year or longer, those are the ones that you should listen to. They would be straight up and honest with you too. They know H&H, they know the forums, and they know the devs. Why can't everyone stop moaning and groaning and starting untrue rumors about all the things they think are going to be (lagging (not going to happen bc of financial backing), economy, etc). Instead, wait just a little bit longer and try it out. Make your opinions based on the facts of the game. I have a feeling () most of the haters will end up loving Salem.
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." ~John F. Kennedy

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think the problem lies with some people's mentality, and from years of experience with MMOs, its usually the kids who act like that.

"If i play this game i have to be absolutely the best, the leet. I dont even mind paying XY amount of money per month, but if god forbids im not the BEST in game then the whole thing sucks. And naturally, if they make the system where people who pay more real life money could advance faster, of course i wont be the BEST, so this game is not worth playing."

Seriously, if you wanna play the game that you like do it, and dont worry about what other people do. I know someone who used to spend over 250$ to 500$ / month on a game called KnightOnline, where he had better items than me and higher level character, but did that stop me from having fun? No. I wasnt the best and i didnt give a beep about it, i played as long as the game was fun.
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

Captain

Very true, a game is worth playing because it is fun to the player. However money will not be an issue in Salem either way. No one will have better stuff, additional content, or higher levels because of money. Everyone has the same options and content whether they spend money or not. So it really becomes about the player and how much time and effort they put into it. Which comes back to the original point made by above poster... if you enjoy playing, you'll put more time and effort in, and therefore be one of the higher players regardless of money spent.
    "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." ~John F. Kennedy

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by JinxDevona View Post
    Even though I know this is your OPINION, its makes me angry. Seatribe does not lack professionalism. They prove their professionalism to Paradox or else they would not have been chosen for this project.
    When I speak of professionalism, I'm talking about acting maturely and doing what needs to be done to enforce rules. I do feel Pardox Interactive will be capable of doing that, so hopefully things would change. Yet, I have personally witnessed lack of professionalism from one of the game makers. I wont go into detail but just take a look at their page, they even said they, "specialize in forum drama". Take it how you will, that's just a good example. I do find the game impressive, but you wouldn't see a developer in World of Warcraft make a item called a creamy cock. That is why that game is respectable.

http://www.seatribe.se/

They've worked their behinds off keeping an alpha game like H&H open for as long as they have, out of there own pockets mind you, all for the players they love and cherish. The H&H forums have nothing to do with professionalism of Seatribe. Do you know who the devs are? The mods have nothing to do with Seatribe and cannot be held against them. They are only there to monitor the craziness of the forums. The mods are not abusive, in fact they get abused more then often. There is a fellowship amongst the regulars and mods that allow them to bash and/or make fun of each other. Those of us who have been around long enough know this.
    I advise everyone to look at the forums and see how the moderators bash on the users, while having the developers laugh. I'm assuming the game developers are doing that because they're going to abandon the project anyway. If not, lack of professionalism it is. If that isn't enough, anyone can go register to the forums and talk. I guarantee you'd be surprised on what is going on there.

This is more for all the complaining then you personally. I'm tired of people who don't have their facts straight, coming here and complaining. It makes others believe these complaints. People who have played H&H a year or longer, those are the ones that you should listen to. They would be straight up and honest with you too. They know H&H, they know the forums, and they know the devs. Why can't everyone stop moaning and groaning and starting untrue rumors about all the things they think are going to be (lagging (not going to happen bc of financial backing), economy, etc). Instead, wait just a little bit longer and try it out. Make your opinions based on the facts of the game. I have a feeling () most of the haters will end up loving Salem.
    You don't need to play a game for a year to know anything about it. No critic is going to waste a year to make a review. I've had the same people tell me that World of Warcraft is an awesome game and I should at least play it for a year. I've hated it because of it's lack of PVP and I figured this out a few weeks in. I ended up wasting about 3 years of my life to finally figure out that the game wasn't for me. The only reason I kept playing is because my friends encouraged me that it would get better. First impressions are everything, that's all that matters. You gotta also understand that every person's opinion should matter, whether they're new or played for years.

Anyway, I don't have high hopes for the game, but I am looking forward to it. I wish I will be wrong about Salem.
    Last edited by Klipse; 11-04-2012 at 00:26.

... but you wouldn't see a developer in World of Warcraft make a item called a creamy cock. That is why that game is respectable...

Aaahahahahahaha! Ha-ha! He he...

Sorry.

But don't you think it's a good thing to have both 'respectable' games like World of Warcraft and also less respectable games for those who enjoy that kind of thing?
    Maybe it is time you, you know, vote with your feet?
    Also, if there are no creamy cocks in Salem I am going to ragequit. I feel entitled now.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Max Planck View Post
    Also, if there are no creamy cocks in Salem I am going to ragequit. I feel entitled now.
    I highly doubt Paradox Interactive would even let Seatribe add it. They're gonna have to tone stuff down like that in order to have good ratings and obtain more customers. I'm pretty sure it'll be rated teen if anything, so drug use might not even make it into the game. Since Paradox Interactive are the publishers, they obviously care about what they're supporting.

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

You know, FunCom is considered a respectable game developer. Maybe they aren't rolling in money like Activision-Blizzard because they don't make games to baby sit the kiddies that should be out playing baseball and football after school. (Maybe it's other reasons and I'm just attempting to be inflammatory ) Heck, in FunCom's last MMO (published by Paradox, FYI), you can have boobies bouncing all over the place. Sounds very unprofessional of Paradox to me if this is how you want to base quality on the "maturity" of the humor and graphics. (I speak of Age of Conan in case you didn't know. It has a M rating and requires players to be 18 for that reason.)

Paradox: the EA of Sweden--publishing games because it makes them $$$!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    Heck, in FunCom's last MMO (published by Paradox, FYI), you can have boobies bouncing all over the place. Sounds very unprofessional of Paradox to me if this is how you want to base quality on the "maturity" of the humor and graphics. (I speak of Age of Conan in case you didn't know. It has a M rating and requires players to be 18 for that reason.)

I would just like to point out that Age of Conan was an MMO originally published by Eidos. Unfortunately it wasn't a commercial success due largely in part by the graphics requirements as well as a rushed sort of feel. The game never really took off and eventually the servers were shut down.
    Paradox later stepped in and gave this game a second chance at life. I also fail to see how producing Age of Conan was somehow unprofessional of Paradox. Are you saying that there shouldn't be any video games out there that have a M rating because showing boobs is unprofessional? How is showing CG set of boobs so much worse then the blood and violence that are also involved in this game? Have you seen the original Conan movie? Both the movie and the game are based off of Conan the Barbarian which is an IP created by Robert E. Howard that has just as much nudity and violence.
    I honestly don't see an issue with video game companies making games for a more mature audience. Some people just don't want to deal metric butt tonne of whiny little kids who often times say much more vulgar things then what you would find in Age of Conan.
    I think it says more about Paradox that they would be willing to reproduce Age of Conan and not change it completely around just so they could give it a T or even E rating. They lost potential customers so they could keep true to the original game as well as the original stories by Robert E. Howard.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

You know, FunCom is considered a respectable game developer. Maybe they aren't rolling in money like Activision-Blizzard because they don't make games to baby sit the kiddies that should be out playing baseball and football after school. (Maybe it's other reasons and I'm just attempting to be inflammatory ) Heck, in FunCom's last MMO (published by Paradox, FYI), you can have boobies bouncing all over the place. Sounds very unprofessional of Paradox to me if this is how you want to base quality on the "maturity" of the humor and graphics. (I speak of Age of Conan in case you didn't know. It has a M rating and requires players to be 18 for that reason.)

There are two Paradox Companies:

Paradox Entertainment (I think the one with Age of Conan): http://www.paradox-entertainment.com/

Paradox Interactive (which is publishing Salem): http://www.paradoxplaza.com/

P.Interactive was a part of P.Entertainment a long time ago, but now they are two completly different companies.

Edit: and I found: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1-Age-of-Conan
    Paradox Interative has nothing to do with Age of Conan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Actually, when Funcom got the license from Paradox Entertainment, we were all the same company, and I did the evaluation of their gamedesign and approved it.

Now we're not PE, so we got nothing to do with it anymore.
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Second Lieutenant

Heck, in FunCom's last MMO (published by Paradox, FYI), you can have boobies bouncing all over the place. Sounds very unprofessional of Paradox to me if this is how you want to base quality on the "maturity" of the humor and graphics. (I speak of Age of Conan in case you didn't know. It has a M rating and requires players to be 18 for that reason.)
    I didn't see any humor in that game. Boobs are not immature nor are they funny. Besides, its a mature game so they're entitled to do what they want. Nudity, was not the only reason the game was for mature audience. I have the actual game saying it had blood and gore, intense violence, language, and sexual themes. It's similar to mortal kombat, but yet mortal kombat doesn't have nudity and it's still rated M. By the way, those two games are respected in the gaming community. If salem is not rated teen, that would lose plenty of customers and would most likely kill the game. Salem is a cartoon, it has friendly graphics, and I didn't see no blood in the game at all. I have a huge feeling this game will not be Haven & Hearth because Paradox Interactive won't let it.
    Last edited by Klipse; 11-04-2012 at 18:30.

I didn't see any humor in that game. Boobs are not immature nor are they funny. Besides, its a mature game so they're entitled to do what they want. Nudity, was not the only reason the game was for mature audience. I have the actual game saying it had blood and gore, intense violence, language, and sexual themes. It's similar to mortal kombat, but yet mortal kombat doesn't have nudity and it's still rated M. By the way, those two games are respected in the gaming community. If salem is not rated teen, that would lose plenty of customers and would most likely kill the game. Salem is a cartoon, it has friendly graphics, and I didn't see no blood in the game at all. I have a huge feeling this game will not be Haven & Hearth because Paradox Interactive won't let it.
    What parts exactly won't it "be like"?

Second Lieutenant

http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/...hp?f=6&t=14667

Salem is awesome.
    Haven is not Salem.

Amateur Project is not Professional. Haven is not Salem. Apple is not Orange. Klipse is not A Person With A Sense Of Humor. All of these things are True.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast