Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: congrats seatribe you lost at least a dozen supporters.

congrats seatribe you lost at least a dozen supporters.

I had very high hopes in Salem. Today i learned that Salem is a typical who pays wins game which i think is just a killer argument for any pvp centric mmo.
    Congrats Seatribe you just lost a dozen potential gamers who would love to pay even 20 bucks per month for a proper sub.
    Sorry to hear Salem follows the greed steamroll every MMO nowydays seems to take.

R.I.P hope for a proper crafting MMO.

Why a dozen you ask?
    Cause our whole H&H Tribe loved to join but hell this was the worst way to go and still Salem did it.

The current implementation was absolutly the one thing not to do and i just ask why the hell did you do it knowing everyone just a little serious about pvp would drop Salem like a hot potatoe?

Natalia Poklonskaya fanboy Stuckenschmidt's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    A whole dozen? Rats!
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

Yeah youre funny, and all that...
    I know that Paradox and Seatribe might not even care any fuck about a dozen but tell me how many people do play games like salem ?
    High counts would consider 3000 more likley to be 1500 cause its quite clear a game that is similar to H&H will not attract a substantially bigger crowd.

Many of those few who still play H&H had very high hopes for Salem and are sad to hear that, just check some H&H related IRC Channels and you will see.
    And btw there might be a few hundered more who now drop the game i just dont consider myself as there spokesperson as they if they wish can express themselfs quite well i assume. So before posting pseudo sarcastic bullshit please just think a little. Not much just a little.

Blog Entries
    Emorage much? It`s just a game.

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

If you dont have anything constructive to say please just shoo yourself. Im fine with you not agreeing but please just dont try to troll around kk?

I can understand you are disappointed, so was I initially. And I'm still worried that real money will grant too much power to people willing to invest in it.

I mean for the right amount of silver anyone would kill just about anyone, though it remains to be seen just how OP real money will be, considering the silver/real money ratio.

But after these initial concerns, I began to actually love the idea, it will be a very interesting experiment in terms of how real money will mix into the economy and how other committed players that don't invest real money will deal with those players that do.
    The more real money is invested though, the more inflation there will be and the less real money is worth, so if they keep the exchange rate the same, it's safe to say it will regulate itself to a point where it's hardly worth it to even invest real money.

Also you got to give praise to there commitment to make everything playable for those that won't invest any real money.

Lastly, I would suggest you at least try it out and see how things go, it's hard to predict, but I'm pretty sure that almost no-one will invest for 20 bucks a month, so unless you are scared that the game will become too simple of unfair for others there is no reason why you shouldn't do that.

I wonder if they will lower the real money price of in-game money according to the in-game inflation.

50 games registered

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckenschmidt View Post
    Emorage much? It`s just a game.
    No, Stuckenschmidt, to crush the hopes and dreams of even one Emo and push them to emorage is too much
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Keyalha, could you explain how the pay mechanism will work and how it will be integrated into the game?

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Once again we learn that "Free to Play" games are the most expensive kind of games out there. ;-)
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2StarvoidThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalha View Post
    I had very high hopes in Salem. Today i learned that Salem is a typical who pays wins game which i think is just a killer argument for any pvp centric mmo.
    Congrats Seatribe you just lost a dozen potential gamers who would love to pay even 20 bucks per month for a proper sub.
    Sorry to hear Salem follows the greed steamroll every MMO nowydays seems to take.

R.I.P hope for a proper crafting MMO.

Why a dozen you ask?
    Cause our whole H&H Tribe loved to join but hell this was the worst way to go and still Salem did it.

The current implementation was absolutly the one thing not to do and i just ask why the hell did you do it knowing everyone just a little serious about pvp would drop Salem like a hot potatoe?
    /rage?

First off, I haven't seen anywhere where either Paradox or Brother Bean have discussed what microtransactions will be available. Secondly, people like you who jump to conclusions just to stir up rage piss me off.

Your conclusions are unfounded.

It was never a secret that there would be microtransactions from day one. If you read the posts in the forums. However, it was never discussed what those transactions would be. It's been debated by patrons that the micro transactions should not bring balance issues to the game. Most people suggest that they be purely cosmetic with no perks.

Well anyways, see you later. We won't miss your kind around here.

Might wanna be more up-to-date before commenting on this issue: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/20...conomic-system

I'm sure they'll try to create some sort of balance, but most F2P games tend to imbalance there game somewhat, and don't exclusively use cosmetic perks to increase there income.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    Once again we learn that "Free to Play" games are the most expensive kind of games out there. ;-)
    the current term "free-to-play" is a fraud if you ask me. How many "Free-to-Play" MMOs do you know being free even if you want to experience the full gameplay potential of the game?

@jordypordy
    holy crap ok. so if I get this right.. if you pay enough money, you can instantly have everything? That would be a bummer, but the description is pretty vague, so I won't build on that alone.
    But if it is as it sounds, this game will be a non-starter. Well there is still a lot of time until release, enough to overthink concepts, so don't give it up just on mere assumptions.

Yea, I'm not sure either how they will balance it, but I've no doubt they'll create some sort of balance. Or risk losing the few fans that even existed for this game.
    I don't really understand F2P model anyway, it seems to me "real-gamers" are the one willing to pay for a game and dislike F2P in general, where as F2P might attract some new players (although I doubt this concept will attract many casual gamers) I don't see these casual gamers forking out that much money.
    But no doubt I'm wrong, considering all the F2P games out there.

Majesty 2StarvoidThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by jordypordy View Post
    Might wanna be more up-to-date before commenting on this issue: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/20...conomic-system

I'm sure they'll try to create some sort of balance, but most F2P games tend to imbalance there game somewhat, and don't exclusively use cosmetic perks to increase there income.
    I don't see an issue with this. Out of the thousand players this game will take on, probably less than 10% of those players will spend more than $10 on silver. Buying an item you don't have the skills to use isn't going to help you. I'm sure that the unobtainable items will be the cosmetic perks, otherwise they'd be game breaking. For example an axe, nobody can craft an axe, you can only buy one from the store. That would be a game breaking feature since you would need an axe to do just about anything in a chain of skills that would require an axe or a byproduct of the axe.

Blog Entries
    I don't really understand F2P model anyway, it seems to me "real-gamers" are the one willing to pay for a game and dislike F2P in general, where as F2P might attract some new players (although I doubt this concept will attract many casual gamers) I don't see these casual gamers forking out that much money.
    But no doubt I'm wrong, considering all the F2P games out there.
    F2P is great for casual MMO gamers like me. Let`s take EVE:Online. Paid 15 bucks per month and felt the need to play in order to make it worth, although I didn`t always wanted to. Then switched to LotRO. No monthly fee. 6 bucks every now and then to unlock the next region (okay, Moria will be more expensive). And I can make long breaks without losing money.

I don't really understand F2P model anyway, it seems to me "real-gamers" are the one willing to pay for a game and dislike F2P in general
    That's a false impression. Just because someone plays a free to play game, doesn't categorize them as a non-"real-gamer" as you put it. The majority of free to play games out there, have less than 10% player base that actually spend money on the game. That doesn't make the other 90% of the people playing the game non-gamers as in most cases they play the game just as much as anyone else.

That's like saying everyone who plays hnh is a fake gamer, because it's free to play.

I have a huge steam catalog, I buy games and I enjoy free to play games.

Check out this video on microtransactions. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...rotransactions
    Last edited by Tapewormz; 21-08-2011 at 17:52.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Pirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Enslaved We Trust; Everyone, Everywhere, As One.
    I personally don't see anything wrong this idea of "fees-2-play", especially if it's one option players can take or opt-out of. We currently have options to not engage in that, and Salem will be one of those games that will not absolutely require real money to play.

But I do see the industry moving towards a 'subscription-fee-only-2-play' system, and I believe that *all* games in the future will eventually assume this mechanism. Thence, there will no longer be digital distributions or keys or hard-copies or anything being sent to anyone...., but everyone will instead tap into portals to play whatever game they wish -- right onto the internet. I speak of Cloud Computing. Subscriptions will be the only way game-makers will survive the future consolidation, and as with any business, the key to survival is profit. That is understandable. And if I enjoy a game that will require subscription, I'll sell one wife (I have more anyway) to be able to support it.

Why not do it like Guildwars? Pay one time 20 bucks and experience a full game and even chances, now matter how much RL money you have. And after a year or so, release an addon with a new accessable world

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I really don't see all that much of a problem with this system, if silver is tradeable and can be "grinded" for without a limit then real money is just a more convenient way of getting what you want. Every more or less successful MMO, be it Free to play or subscription based has one form or another of "goldselling". Just look at wow, with the right amount of Real World money (gross estimate of around $750 you can buy whole sets of equipment, pay top world guilds to equip you etc. It might not be legal but the possibility always exists. Chances are, if Salem is a big enough success some people will write a Farmbot, earn large amounts of silver and then sell it for real money. In this case the ecconomy is ruined and the team doesn't even earn money, so the selling of silver is more of a lesser of the two evils-solution.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast