• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whilst disappointing to see this come to a premature end, the ending place itself is rather apt. Brazil is now a global power and the victory you achieved over France was considerable. It is just a pity Massimiliano did not get the chance to 'liberate' a few mother nations before the conclusion!

I want to see that converted to Victoria 2! That would be a nice map.

Alright since there seems to be significant demand for this to go on to V2, I'll consider it. It will probably be a few weeks as I'm quite busy in my real life at the moment and I need to both figure out how I want to world to look in 1836 and then convert that while fixing all the weirdness the converter is likely to cause.

Progress report on conversion:

After some troubles (which means I accidentally corrupted the final save so I had to revert to an earlier one) I have managed to create a working V2 save out of a Miscmods EU3 game.

Here is Brazil, sadly lacking some of its rightful territory due to the reversion. I need to fix that and come up with a timeline for 1779-1836 to explain the other changes I will make.

3wHrm.jpg

I also need to fix stuff like this...

tWSP2.jpg

Edit: Of course I will post a link here once the AAR goes up.

Last edited:
Great to see that the conversion seems to be progressing relatively smoothly. Apparently only problems that need to be fixed in any conversion.

I just read this a couple of days ago (dunno how I managed to miss one of your AARs originally) and it was a great read. Looking forward to the Vicky 2 continuation. :)

could you please post a link when you do because i rarely go into vic 2 fourms because i dont have one please and thank you and yeh im sure sweden isnt in africa but it gave me a laugh

Last edited:
I also need to fix stuff like this...

What?! I looks perfect as it is!

Glad to see you are getting stuck into this, I daresay it'll take a while to sort everything out but it will make for a cracking V2 AAR when ready. I'm certainly waiting for it.

I have finished Europe and Asia so I decided to get started on the previews. This will probably become the Prologue when I start the V2 AAR. I’m posting this here because its really just an epilogue to the EU3 section right now, I haven’t played any V2 gameplay.

Preview, Part One:

The Aftermath of the French Revolution

In 1783, the French economy was in shambles. Having lost many of its colonies to both revolutionaries and enemies it struggled to maintain the wealth and power that it once had in Europe. It could only do this at the expense of the lower classes, which inevitably led to revolution. The monarchy was overthrown and a radical democratic government was installed. However, this was rapidly subverted by a brilliant young military commander who seized power. From 1789-1804 he rampaged across Europe and was only barely defeated by an alliance of Britain, Bohemia, the Two Sicilies and a German coalition.

ZKT9Y.jpg

Following his defeat, the monarchs of Europe clamped down hard on revolutionary sentiment but refrained from punishing France too harshly. While their remaining colonies were stripped away bar a few in the Americas, they were allowed to keep their conquests in Zaragoza and Brittany. This did not please the Muslims of Spain (formerly Granada) and Portugal (Badajoz), but they had little say in negotiations.

VUpZ3.jpg

The HRE had survived the war only with the help of Bohemia, and once a monarch was restored to France it once again became the playground of the Great Powers. With France, Bohemia and Scandinavia working together no single nation was able to dominate in Germany. Prussia, Lubeck (Hansa), Nassau (Hesse), Bavaria and Switzerland battled one another with no nation gaining the upper hand.

ssGVP.jpg

In the Mediterranean, the Two Sicilies spent the majority of the beginning of the 19th Century consolidating their power over the seas and struggling with Switzerland for dominance of Northern Italy. Meanwhile the Ottomans were slowly retaking their territory in the Levant and Persia remained strong despite repeated border wars with Bohemia. Of note is the sole democracy in Europe, the island nation of Rhodes.

Reactionary sentiment remains strong in Europe, but the brutal crushing of the French Revolution has only driven the proponents of democracy underground.

The Abundance of Asia

With Europe focused on itself for so long, large regions of Asia remained untouched by European influence. However as the 19th Century progresses that is very likely to change as the Great Powers seek to expand their influence and wealth.

qvFTy.jpg

India remained mostly untouched as a result of the chaos in Europe. Britain seized the French colonies in the region and the Dutch maintained a number of trading bases, but besides that the entire subcontinent remained open for exploitation.

r0add.jpg

Similarly in South East Asia, only Holland and Brazil who were mostly untouched during the Revolutionary Wars had any real presence. On the mainland Britain and Sicily had some territory, but it was not particularly valuable.

XTjJT.jpg

Japan had profited greatly from its alliance with Brazil, while the Manchu dynasty of China was close to mopping up the remainder of the rogue states. European influence in this arena would be hard to win with the strength on show.

MIB14.jpg

Current Great Powers. This is definitely subject to change as the Americas are untouched and for some reason Norway spawned in Germany. Also the GP interface is broken and showing the vanilla GPs for some reason (ie America which I haven’t even added in yet).

A very interesting map thus far. Exactly why these conversions to V2 can prove such brilliant reads dependant upon how the game in EU3 has gone. Good to see progress is being made rapidly, hoping to see this starting on the V2 board soon. Some things of note though; that is one strange Nepal. Far less strange than Hawaii being a GP though (although you did say America is as yet untouched, I know)!

morningSIDEr: Even after finishing the Americas the GPs are weird. It’s probably because it doesn’t convert things like industry and prestige properly so even a one-state minor could be on par with an empire. Hopefully it will correct itself as the V2 game goes on.

The Americas and Africa are done. I have now finished the nations, but I won’t be ready to start the AAR until I run a test to find out if I can run this with PDM or if I have to use vanilla V2.

Preview, Part Two:

The New World Stands Ready

In the aftermath of the turbulent 18th Century, the nations of the New World have almost all broken free of their masters and are now beginning to join the world stage themselves.

Tta8J.jpg

North America is divided mostly evenly between Texas, the USA, Canada and Mexico. The USA seeks to fulfil its manifest destiny, but the fact that they gained independence from France much later than Texas managed to slip away from Holland means that they have already fallen behind in the race. Britain was attacked by an American-Texan alliance that saw it lose much of its Floridan territory, although it continues to hold on to the peninsula itself.

Zniuz.jpg

The Caribbean remains mostly under European control although the largest islands have broken free, and here France has its sole remaining colonies.

4GgTr.jpg

In South America, Brazil has marched into the Amazon and claimed it for its king. Although Massimilano I has long since passed away, his grandson Carlo I rules the nation with a strong hand and seeks to expand the power of the nation ever further into the world. Also of note is the Japanese base on the Peruvian/Chilean border. They hold onto this only through their alliance with Brazil.

The Heart of Africa

Africa has mostly remained untouched since the Brazilian expedition in the 18th Century. Tropical diseases have halted much of the exploitation of the continent, but new advances in technology promise to eventually see the wealth of the interior open to conquest.

Lyx4G.jpg

Central Africa is mostly untouched, although a few Brazilian and Spanish colonies exist in the west.

U5Exe.jpg

Southern Africa has several large areas under control of colonial powers, including Persia. On the west coast the Congo Free State teeters on the brink of becoming a Spanish client state.

The World in 1836

MfHiK.png

Wow, nicely done! The world is looking very interesting for a V2 game, can't wait to see it. :)

So I discovered that the save doesn't work with PDM at all. In that case I will be playing with regular 1.3 V2.

The new thread can be found here: Across Oceans: Brazil’s Ongoing Struggle

At the moment I only have the Prologue which is taken straight from my last couple of post, but the first chapter should be up tomorrow.