• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll get round to telling Vain why he's stupid tomorrow, when he will inevitably vote me again.

Not necessarily. Put up a good case and I'll find someone else to send to hell. You can even make the case now, while we're doing nothing better than giving our farewells to Rysz.

@ Randy

Should I be surprised that it took that long for someone to actually ask me if I had the same PM as Tami? I don't believe I vouched for Tami's PM at any point. I am, in fact, a villager with traits handy for the JL, if the seer would scan me.

Also the cultist role seems crappy to me under any variant I recall. Essentially you've got all the negatives of being a wolf, without the advantage of being able to hunt. Erk. If cultists could scan for priests, as sorcs can scan for seers and other roles, they might at least have a bit more reason for being. Or maybe if cultists started unaffiliated with the ability to scan for wolves... or if they can scan for sorcs, and sorc scans show cultists and wolves as villagers, necessitating the cultist as a point of contact. None of the variations I've seen seemed to fix the fundamental problem of cultist just being the wolf's poor cousin. Perhaps cultists should convert to a wolf in the event the last wolf in their pack dies, and then switch allegiance to the surviving pack? At least that gives cultist a twist in that they've got a second-chance-draw at victory if their pack is eliminated.

There are 30 votes, so we -could- tie them. The only good tie - between two people who have been outed.

Highly vulnerable to tie-sniping though.

In any case, the amount of votes on Rysz is currently more than half the amount of players, so therefore:

Unvote Rysz

Vote Randakar

Those big red letters hurt indeed (not your post, but the post above you) ...

My point was that Randy is always complaining about the fact that he is always scanned as a wolf. All he wanted was a proper lynching based on analysis. And tamius deprived him of that. :(

Who in their right mind would make Tami a JL mouthpiece in this situation? With his known penchant for ties and this situation allowing him to call for one... it's just...

Ok, we probably don't get a tie today. The baddie plotters will prevent that.
However it's better if we lynch a wolf. At least we will know then to which pack he's affiliated while a cultist doesn't give such information.

Unvote Rysz Vote Randakar

And @tamius23 : You should have waited with that announcement till tomorrow.
Now the protectors have to protect both you and trespoe. And that's difficult to coordinate.

Well, my point of contact said to do it as soon as I was online, so I obliged. Besides, this way we don't use up as many days...

@ AVN

I'd doubt we had more than 2 GAs, which leaves only the Doc doesn't it? Maybe there are two Docs out there, but I've never even seen a Doc before.

@ Najs

I can't help but feel partly responsible for this...

@ Tami

Grumble... grrr... damn faux-Frenchman and his ties...

UNVOTE RYSZ
VOTE RANDAKAR

Uhm, what?

Ok, I expected to get scanned early. I fully expected to get PM'ed somewhere during the game and asked to out a wolf or cultist or what have you somewhere. And then consequently die, early, as usual.

This, however, I did not expect.

So, Tamius. What makes you so sure your contact is genuine?

Should I be surprised that it took that long for someone to actually ask me if I had the same PM as Tami? I don't believe I vouched for Tami's PM at any point. I am, in fact, a villager with traits handy for the JL, if the seer would scan me.

Of course this makes you a prime hunt target, doesn't it?

Also the cultist role seems crappy to me under any variant I recall. Essentially you've got all the negatives of being a wolf, without the advantage of being able to hunt. Erk. If cultists could scan for priests, as sorcs can scan for seers and other roles, they might at least have a bit more reason for being. Or maybe if cultists started unaffiliated with the ability to scan for wolves... or if they can scan for sorcs, and sorc scans show cultists and wolves as villagers, necessitating the cultist as a point of contact. None of the variations I've seen seemed to fix the fundamental problem of cultist just being the wolf's poor cousin. Perhaps cultists should convert to a wolf in the event the last wolf in their pack dies, and then switch allegiance to the surviving pack? At least that gives cultist a twist in that they've got a second-chance-draw at victory if their pack is eliminated.

Vain, go read the cultist role I used in my game please. You'll find it fixes what you describe as the main problem quite nicely.

My point was that Randy is always complaining about the fact that he is always scanned as a wolf. All he wanted was a proper lynching based on analysis. And tamius deprived him of that. :(

Yes. If someone is going to suspect me of being a wolf, that person should be a man and actually confront me about it.
That does not appear to be what is happening here, though. :(
What appears to be happening here is a fake outing through an unwitting villager. Tamius fits the bill nicely, doesn't he?

edit:
Sub please

Uhm, what?

Ok, I expected to get scanned early. I fully expected to get PM'ed somewhere during the game and asked to out a wolf or cultist or what have you somewhere. And then consequently die, early, as usual.

I still haven't been able to verify my contact; if it is fake, he will be lynched tomorrow. I can't get hold of him at the moment, though.

Well, my point of contact said to do it as soon as I was online, so I obliged. Besides, this way we don't use up as many days...

I think it's a good idea. If it works then we dispense with two baddies in one day which is good for the village. If it fails then we kill the other tomorrow, and we'll know to kill the tiebreaker too. It's win-win... or at least win, win, win?

Unfortunately Master Sniper Esemesas Zaitsev isn't here to ensure our success, and I plan to be asleep at deadline, so it would fall on you to ensure the tie succeeds. PM me if you'd like tips on that.

My Mac and the forums are in perfect alignment. So I will be better equipped for snipery, but I have not actually got any experience in it...

Please post the PM you received. Just remove the name of the sender.
I'm fearing someone is using you for a fake outing ...
Paradox Interactive Forums;http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum
Private Message Dump for User tamius23; 31-08-2011 13:24 -->

################################################################################
Folder : Inbox
################################################################################

================================================================================
To : tamius23
Date : 2011-08-31 01:32
Title : WW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, new spokesperson.

Today your task is to out Randy as a wolf. Make sure to do it roughly three hours before the deadline.

================================================================================
To : tamius23
Date : 2011-08-31 04:12
Title : WW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do the outing as soon as you're online next. Announce that you want to TIE Rysz and Randy.

Uhm, what?

Of course this makes you a prime hunt target, doesn't it?

Vain, go read the cultist role I used in my game please. You'll find it fixes what you describe as the main problem quite nicely.

Yes. If someone is going to suspect me of being a wolf, that person should be a man and actually confront me about it.
That does not appear to be what is happening here, though. :(
What appears to be happening here is a fake outing through an unwitting villager. Tamius fits the bill nicely, doesn't he?

edit:
Sub please

You are subbing out? What is the point, either you are a villager or you are a wolf. Either case you will be dead within the next deadline or two, so it would be a waste of a sub.

Now, if you instead decide to argue against this like a man, please point to what makes you an unlikely wolf.