+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 17 42 67 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 117 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3096

Thread: Werewolf CXII: Refugees

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Najs View Post
    Ouch. That has to hurt.
    Those big red letters hurt indeed (not your post, but the post above you) ...

Professional Dilettante Vainglory's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I'll get round to telling Vain why he's stupid tomorrow, when he will inevitably vote me again.
    Not necessarily. Put up a good case and I'll find someone else to send to hell. You can even make the case now, while we're doing nothing better than giving our farewells to Rysz.

@ Randy

Should I be surprised that it took that long for someone to actually ask me if I had the same PM as Tami? I don't believe I vouched for Tami's PM at any point. I am, in fact, a villager with traits handy for the JL, if the seer would scan me.

Also the cultist role seems crappy to me under any variant I recall. Essentially you've got all the negatives of being a wolf, without the advantage of being able to hunt. Erk. If cultists could scan for priests, as sorcs can scan for seers and other roles, they might at least have a bit more reason for being. Or maybe if cultists started unaffiliated with the ability to scan for wolves... or if they can scan for sorcs, and sorc scans show cultists and wolves as villagers, necessitating the cultist as a point of contact. None of the variations I've seen seemed to fix the fundamental problem of cultist just being the wolf's poor cousin. Perhaps cultists should convert to a wolf in the event the last wolf in their pack dies, and then switch allegiance to the surviving pack? At least that gives cultist a twist in that they've got a second-chance-draw at victory if their pack is eliminated.
    Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Deus Vult

There are 30 votes, so we -could- tie them. The only good tie - between two people who have been outed.

Highly vulnerable to tie-sniping though.

In any case, the amount of votes on Rysz is currently more than half the amount of players, so therefore:

Unvote Rysz

Vote Randakar
    Loyal member of Rysz and Companions.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by AVN View Post
    Those big red letters hurt indeed (not your post, but the post above you) ...
    My point was that Randy is always complaining about the fact that he is always scanned as a wolf. All he wanted was a proper lynching based on analysis. And tamius deprived him of that.

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

My point was that Randy is always complaining about the fact that he is always scanned as a wolf. All he wanted was a proper lynching based on analysis. And tamius deprived him of that.
    It wasn't me, it was [name redacted]!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Who in their right mind would make Tami a JL mouthpiece in this situation? With his known penchant for ties and this situation allowing him to call for one... it's just...

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Who in their right mind would make Tami a JL mouthpiece in this situation? With his known penchant for ties and this situation allowing him to call for one... it's just...
    We have created a monster.

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Oh, just get on with it and switch your votes to Randy like Sedracus did...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Ok, we probably don't get a tie today. The baddie plotters will prevent that.
    However it's better if we lynch a wolf. At least we will know then to which pack he's affiliated while a cultist doesn't give such information.

Unvote Rysz Vote Randakar

And @tamius23 : You should have waited with that announcement till tomorrow.
    Now the protectors have to protect both you and trespoe. And that's difficult to coordinate.

500k club

Well, my point of contact said to do it as soon as I was online, so I obliged. Besides, this way we don't use up as many days...

Victoria 2500k club

@ AVN

I'd doubt we had more than 2 GAs, which leaves only the Doc doesn't it? Maybe there are two Docs out there, but I've never even seen a Doc before.

@ Najs

I can't help but feel partly responsible for this...

@ Tami

Grumble... grrr... damn faux-Frenchman and his ties...

UNVOTE RYSZ
    VOTE RANDAKAR

500k club

@ AVN

I'd doubt we had more than 2 GAs, which leaves only the Doc doesn't it? Maybe there are two Docs out there, but I've never even seen a Doc before.
    I think one has been eaten (Paendrag)

@ Tami

Grumble... grrr... damn faux-Frenchman and his ties...
    I AM NOT FRENCH!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Uhm, what?

Ok, I expected to get scanned early. I fully expected to get PM'ed somewhere during the game and asked to out a wolf or cultist or what have you somewhere. And then consequently die, early, as usual.

This, however, I did not expect.

So, Tamius. What makes you so sure your contact is genuine?

Should I be surprised that it took that long for someone to actually ask me if I had the same PM as Tami? I don't believe I vouched for Tami's PM at any point. I am, in fact, a villager with traits handy for the JL, if the seer would scan me.
    Of course this makes you a prime hunt target, doesn't it?

Also the cultist role seems crappy to me under any variant I recall. Essentially you've got all the negatives of being a wolf, without the advantage of being able to hunt. Erk. If cultists could scan for priests, as sorcs can scan for seers and other roles, they might at least have a bit more reason for being. Or maybe if cultists started unaffiliated with the ability to scan for wolves... or if they can scan for sorcs, and sorc scans show cultists and wolves as villagers, necessitating the cultist as a point of contact. None of the variations I've seen seemed to fix the fundamental problem of cultist just being the wolf's poor cousin. Perhaps cultists should convert to a wolf in the event the last wolf in their pack dies, and then switch allegiance to the surviving pack? At least that gives cultist a twist in that they've got a second-chance-draw at victory if their pack is eliminated.
    Vain, go read the cultist role I used in my game please. You'll find it fixes what you describe as the main problem quite nicely.

Yes. If someone is going to suspect me of being a wolf, that person should be a man and actually confront me about it.
    That does not appear to be what is happening here, though.
    What appears to be happening here is a fake outing through an unwitting villager. Tamius fits the bill nicely, doesn't he?

edit:
    Sub please
    "Non-destructive analysis of day does not care about fashion."

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

Play Werewolf and kill your fellow forumites!

The future scares me. It should scare you, too.

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Uhm, what?

Ok, I expected to get scanned early. I fully expected to get PM'ed somewhere during the game and asked to out a wolf or cultist or what have you somewhere. And then consequently die, early, as usual.

I still haven't been able to verify my contact; if it is fake, he will be lynched tomorrow. I can't get hold of him at the moment, though.

Victoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    Well, my point of contact said to do it as soon as I was online, so I obliged. Besides, this way we don't use up as many days...
    I think it's a good idea. If it works then we dispense with two baddies in one day which is good for the village. If it fails then we kill the other tomorrow, and we'll know to kill the tiebreaker too. It's win-win... or at least win, win, win?

Unfortunately Master Sniper Esemesas Zaitsev isn't here to ensure our success, and I plan to be asleep at deadline, so it would fall on you to ensure the tie succeeds. PM me if you'd like tips on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tamius23 View Post
    It wasn't me, it was [name redacted]!
    Please post the PM you received. Just remove the name of the sender.
    I'm fearing someone is using you for a fake outing ...

500k club

My Mac and the forums are in perfect alignment. So I will be better equipped for snipery, but I have not actually got any experience in it...

And if it was EUROO7 who did send you the PM it's not necessary to remove the name of the sender.

500k club

Paradox Interactive Forums;http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum
    Private Message Dump for User tamius23; 31-08-2011 13:24 -->

################################################## ##############################
    Folder : Inbox
    ################################################## ##############################

================================================== ==============================
    To : tamius23
    Date : 2011-08-31 01:32
    Title : WW
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, new spokesperson.

Today your task is to out Randy as a wolf. Make sure to do it roughly three hours before the deadline.

================================================== ==============================
    To : tamius23
    Date : 2011-08-31 04:12
    Title : WW
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do the outing as soon as you're online next. Announce that you want to TIE Rysz and Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Uhm, what?

Of course this makes you a prime hunt target, doesn't it?

Vain, go read the cultist role I used in my game please. You'll find it fixes what you describe as the main problem quite nicely.

Yes. If someone is going to suspect me of being a wolf, that person should be a man and actually confront me about it.
    That does not appear to be what is happening here, though.
    What appears to be happening here is a fake outing through an unwitting villager. Tamius fits the bill nicely, doesn't he?

edit:
    Sub please
    You are subbing out? What is the point, either you are a villager or you are a wolf. Either case you will be dead within the next deadline or two, so it would be a waste of a sub.

Now, if you instead decide to argue against this like a man, please point to what makes you an unlikely wolf.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 155 FirstFirst ... 17 42 67 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 117 142 ... LastLast