• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Holy crap seems like I missed an insane game. -_-
Well, I think it might have looked a bit boring if you just followed it in the thread. There were at least 5 different PM circles going on that I know about though and they seemed very busy so I hope most players got something out of the game.

The GM AAR part 1 - The Setup

I played a wolf in a wolfpack that started in contact with a sorcerer a few games back. The sorcerer scans really changed the dynamics of the game. Our sorcerer in that game scanned a bunch of loudmouths/veterans that usually get hunted/lynched early but because we knew they weren't the seer/priest we never had any reason to hunt them. I liked this but on the other hand I didn't like the fact that the baddies got two sorcerer scans a night. So I decided to give every baddie a single sorcery scan but I also had to make something so that the wolfpacks wouldn't use all their scans night 0. That is why the additional rule was added saying only one scan of each single-shot-scan per night. I was expecting both packs to try to scan as soon as possible and was bracing myself for 14 sorcery scan orders on night 0.

Since this was the biggest big game in a long time I didn't want to spoil it with some unbalanced new invention I hadn't thought through so I opted for a two pack setup and a standard goodie setup with the slight twist of having two GAs and no doc.

The longer a game gets the easier it is to pinpoint the baddies through analysis so I added slightly more cursed (5) than I would usually use.

The packs were symmetrical and had slightly more wolves than cultists (having more cultists risk one pack getting wiped out too early so the remaining pack gets too strong too easy, having almost only wolves and the packs will never manage to finish each other off making it too easy for the village).

In the wolfpacks I gave all cultists one trait in addition to the sorcery scan everyone got (one SA, one witness, one 4th in command, one lover, one priestly scan, one hunter). Some of these traits aren't that useful for a baddie and were mostly added so that the village wouldn't immediately think any witness or hunter etc. that appeared was a goodie.

I expected that the amount of traits would get the wolves and their cultists talking, then the wolves should be able to figure out they needed to coordinate the sorcery scans which in turn would lead to more wolf-cultist talking (which is a good thing in my book).

I scrapped the "must be in contact" for cultist and sorcerers because I didn't think that worked out well in my last game.

Because of the discussion in the General WW thread I nerfed the Leader so he couldn't lynch anybody but had to pick from the top-three lynch candidates. I thought that would still make it usefull for a baddie leader which I think is a must.

I saved the Leader trait for the day 0 prize. A baddie winner would get a bonus Plotter and a goodie winner would get a bonus Blessed/Cursed combo.

die Rote
werewolf brutal with sorcery powers
werewolf plotter with sorcery powers
werewolf with sorcery powers
cultist lover with sorcery powers
cultist SA with sorcery powers
cultist witness with sorcery powers

die Gelbe
werewolf brutal with sorcery powers
werewolf plotter with sorcery powers
cultist hunter with sorcery powers
cultist with prisetly and sorcery powers
cultist 4th in command with sorcery powers

The Justice League
seer
priest
2 GA

the potentially important
villager hunter
villager hunter cursed
villager lover
villager witness
2 apprentice
apprentice blessed
apprentice cursed

the cannon fodder
villager priestly powers
villager seerish powers
villager 2nd in command
villager 3rd in command
villager blessed
3 villager cursed
3 villager SA
villager plotter
4 villager

I have 2 questions regarding the cursed apprentice. Luckily it didn't happen in this game, but he could have become a cursed seer and then be hunted.

1) I suppose the cursed seer would have become a seer werewolf then. Am I correct ?
2) If the cursed seer would have had an apprentice himself, would that apprentice have been promoted at the moment his master was turned ?

I have 2 questions regarding the cursed apprentice. Luckily it didn't happen in this game, but he could have become a cursed seer and then be hunted.

1) I suppose the cursed seer would have become a seer werewolf then. Am I correct ?
2) If the cursed seer would have had an apprentice himself, would that apprentice have been promoted at the moment his master was turned ?
This is how I would have done it:

1) No, he would have become a werewolf. Seer is a role as is werewolf so you can't be both.
2) No, he would still have been a seer's apprentice since his master hasn't died yet (even if he was no longer a seer).

3) In the event of a scanner having 2 apprentices and dying, would the 2nd apprentice be claimed by the former first apprentice and now scanner?
3) Yes, if a seer had two apprentices at the time of his death then "oldest/first" apprentice only would be promoted to seer and the "youngest/second" apprentice would become apprentice to the new seer.

The GM AAR part 2 - The Early Days

Day 0 and Night 0
Village elected Lemeard the hunter cultist with sorcery powers as elderman. Lemeard got the traits Leader and Plotter.
Seer wasn't sure he was allowed to scan so he didn't (just in case the GM would do exactly what to him if he tried?)
Priest scanned AOK the villager
GA Paen protected walrus the cultist
GA snoop protected EURO the cursed villager
Lover Najs stayed home
Lover Vain slept with Athalcor the blessed villager
Lemeard, Napolen, randakar and humancalculator all tried to Sorcery scan. randakar got through and scanned AVN the villager.
die Rote ate Adamus one of die Gelbe's cultists with Priestly and Sorcery powers.

I was rooting for AOK as elderman here since I thought a AOK as Leader Plotter Blessed Cursed Villager would make for some interesting mayhem later on in the game.
Two less scans for the baddies. Oh well, some intrapack fighting is to be expected.
Only die Rote tried to scan with their Sorcery powers. I wonder why? At least both packs seems to act coordinated when it comes to their scans.

Slightly different approaches to the cultist question in the two packs:

esemesas said:
Well, since neither King nor Cody object, I want you wolves to welcome Rysz the cultist with Sorcerer powers into the pack.
randakar said:
jonti-h said:
I'd think it would be good not to tell the cultists too much in case one of them decided to go suicidal or gets turned.
The thing is that with 3 separate cultists and these rules I'd rather prefer to have them in the loop rather than sitting there bored. Which makes them a lot more likely to go suicidal than with us telling them everything. As for getting turned.. unless they want to join the other pack they can't really turn.

That is the real problem I have though - if they know each other they can just join up and form a power block against us. Hrm. How about giving them just our names but keeping the other cultists from them?

die Gelbe thinks about UFOs and how to use them:
jonti-h said:
I am lacking in cultists :( but I also have powers with saucers.

randakar said:
Napoleon XIX said:
t looks as if we have 8 sorcerous powers between us; presumably is is a bit too early to use any?
Too early to use? I think not. In fact, if any of us gets killed before we can use them we just lost a scan. Better not to wait too long, I reckon.

randakar said:
Kaetje said:
As for our Saucer Powers. Only one xxxy power can be used each night, so we can't all scan at the same time. The one most likely to die soon is Randy, so I suggest we use his scan first.
Make this clear to your cultists as well: only use the saucer powers if the pack has agreed to it!!
btw, I got saucer powers too.
As for your point regarding the limited use of saucer powers: Good point!
Johho foresaw my evil plan! Tsk. :p

Day 1 and Night 1
Village lynched TheExecuter the apprentice
Seer scanned sbr the blessed apprentice :)
Priest scanned Lemeard the übercultist :)
GA Paen protected randakar the werewolf's empty bed :D
GA snoop protected jonti-h the werewolf's empty bed :D
Lover Najs stayed home
Lover Vain stayed with Sedracus (who didn't try to scan so no blocking effect)
Lemeard and humancalculator tried to Sorcery scan. humancalculator got through and scanned the_hdk the villager zombie.
die Gelbe ate esemesas the plotter werewolf with sorcery powers.

Good start for the village here! A seer's apprentice, a cultist to out and the baddies keep eating eachother. Wonder what will happen with all Lemeard's traits tomorrow if he gets outed.
And why scan the zombie?
And another wasted scan for the baddies. Maybe one scan each isn't enough to balance up the lack of a sorcerer?

randakar said:
Capt. Kiwi said:
I am a villager hunter :) I'm getting good vibes from you in the handful of posts you've made; time will tell if that actually means anything :D
With my current track record I expect to be scanned and in some kind of JL in about oh, maybe three, four days tops?

Good vibes indeed :D

By the time I started seeing how many wolves had sorcery scans, I was rather uncertain of randakar and his supposed priestly powers. Of course, by then I was dead.

A pack consisting of my sister, my brother-in-law, and my favourite WW-players. I would have loved to be a cultist for that pack :)

A pack consisting of my sister, my brother-in-law, and my favourite WW-players. I would have loved to be a cultist for that pack :)
I was indeed considering tampering with the role assignment and have you swap places with one of die Gelbe's cultists. Can't remember why I didn't do it actually.

The GM AAR part 2 - Lets get us some Lemeard!

Day 2 and Night 2
AOK outed Lemeard as a cultist and the Village tried to lynch him
Lemeard leaderlynched Capt.Kiwi the villager hunter
Lemeard hunter-killed AOK the villager plotter and JL spokesperson
Seer scanned randakar the werewolf :)
Priest was set to scan joebthegreat the apprentice but got eaten
GA Paen protected Kingepyon the werewolf's empty bed - He sure likes empty beds :D
GA snoop protected AOK's corpse..
Lover Najs stayed home
Lover Vain slept with Najs the lover :wub:
Lemeard and Napoleon tried to Sorcery scan. Lemeard got through and scanned and detected sbr the blessed seer's apprentice. :)
Die Rote ate Eternaly_Lost the priest :)

Since Lemeard's first leader order was to lynch "the runner up" and since a lot of people couldn't remember/bring themselves to address the elderman according to protocol I decided to count all invalid elderman votes as being for "some Lemeard dude" hoping Lemeard woulnd't spot this and leaderlynch himself. :D Alas he spotted it and made a more precis order trying to leaderlynch AOK and backed it up with his plotter vote. He also had a hunt order with primary target AOK and secondary target theFreeman the seer. Fortunately for AOK (and for the seer) Bagricula, subbing out, cast a vote on Capt.Kiwi making AOK an invalid leaderlynch. See, the modified leader rules did make a difference! :)

With just one more vote on AOK this could have been a disaster for the village. Seer killed, priest killed, the new seer scanned by the baddies. Fortunately for the game all of that didn't happen.

Not knowing that die Gelbe already figured there was no sorcerer in the game the priest tried to infiltrate the baddies through Lemeard.

randakar said:
Speaking of contact: Lemeard, can you ask in the thread for all baddies to contact you? Especially ask after sorcerers. We know there aren't any in the game, so anyone who tells you they are a sorcerer will fall through as fake pretty quickly :)
Eternaly_Lost said:
I happen to know for a fact that you are a cultist Lemard, as I am Sorcerer that scanned you last night.
Lots of fat targets for die Gelbe tomorrow with one known seer's apprentice and one known priest. Who will they go for?

Oh, die Rote got the priest first. Was that pure luck?

Kingepyon said:
Also, I nailed that hunt :D
randakar uses his failed scan to get on talking turns with AVN who is suspicious at first

AVN said:
randakar said:
So hey AVN. You're not a cultist. Or apprentice. :)
Thanks for scanning and, now you have half-cleared me, contacting me. This is the part I understand. <snip>
And finally why is it important that the village gets to know your scan result ?
But then forgets about it (because it is so nice to share ideas with someone else that is active?). And from the amount of dead baddies so far draws the conclusion there is a third pack.

AVN said:
First of all I'm a villager and 2nd in command.
Because this GM normally gives the Leader and the 2nd in command to different sides, I guess that the Leader is a baddie.

I'm also guessing that we have a 3-pack game in which roughly one-half of the players is a baddie.

Day 3 and Night 3
Village lynched Lemeard the cultist
Seer scanned OrangeYoshi the Spiritually Attuned villager who saw him :)
GA Paen protected jonti-h the werewolf's empty bed - This is just not possible! 3 wolves that were out on a hunt in a row! :D
GA snoop jacob the SA villager
Lover Najs stayed home
Lover Vain slept with Napoleon the werewolf with sorcery powers
Napoleon tried to use his sorcery scan on OrangeYoshi the SA villager but was blocked by the lover - Lucky him or he might have been spotted too
die Gelbe tried to eat sbr the blessed seer's apprentice removing his blessing

I wonder if the seer will panic if OY gets in contact? Also will there be an outing of randakar tomorrow or will they wait and see?

randakar said:
Lemeard said:
I sent it to Jonti, but don't know if he's seen it yet: sbr is the seer's apprentice
Awesome. That makes today's hunt order easy:

The GM's deliberate paranoiainducing fuzzy report fails because his own rules. :(
johho888 said:
OrangeYoshi said:
johho888 said:
Last night you were seer scanned by theFreeman.
But what's his role?
Hm, do I have to tell you? I don't want to...
*checks rules*
"learn the scanner role"
I'm going to interpret that as you get to know if it was a "seer" role or a "seerish powers" trait but not the role of any Xxxly traited player.
In this case it was an actual seer.

AVN starts to get the baddie setup. Not that randakar the wolf needs to know but I'm sure he appreciated the effort. :D
AVN said:
Friday I told you that I considered it most likely that there are 3 packs with 6 members each. However I have been thinking about the great number of traits each of the baddies seem to have, whereas I don't see that with the goodies. Now I think the GM has done that to compensate for having a slightly smaller amount of baddies than usual. Therefore I think now that the packs have 5 members each. Three wolves with two cultists or four wolves with one cultist.

Hmmm, I'm going to see the problem now of not sending all my PM's to the GM, but only a small part of them.

Randakar had told me that Capt. Kiwi contacted him.
I checked that with Capt. Kiwi, who confirmed that and told me he had done that.
Capt. Kiwi also told me he was a villager hunter.

After this confirmation I felt free to share some (not important) information and conclusions with randakar and Capt. Kiwi.
Including telling my role, which I didn't consider that important at that moment.
Not that I felt sure about the two, but I didn't get real baddie vibes.

By the time I started seeing how many wolves had sorcery scans, I was rather uncertain of randakar and his supposed priestly powers. Of course, by then I was dead.

I considered that risk, actually. I'm not sure yet how or if I would have been able to talk myself out of that one - but then again, I really went into this game thinking my survival chances weren't that hot at all.

Also, I seriously didn't like my pack's chances much from the start. Of the entire group of 7 people only one person I considered good enough to go unnoticed until the end of the game - jonti. And he got "analysed" to death by Kingepyon.

Seriously though King, Jonti always plays like that - very much in the background. Hiding is what he does, regardless of role :p

edit; That prediction was pretty spot on, wasn't it? I got scanned early (night 2) again, lemeard got himself way too much into the spotlight with the elderman vote, napoleon committed the high sin of vote sniping, kaetje .. well, she tends to be put in packs with me, so a scan on her isn't -that- surprising after I got nailed that way, and HC is just too incommunicado for much of the time to really use him.

Adamus might actually have been an asset but losing him early hurt as well.

Hmmm, I'm going to see the problem now of not sending all my PM's to the GM, but only a small part of them.

Randakar had told me that Capt. Kiwi contacted him.
I checked that with Capt. Kiwi, who confirmed that and told me he had done that.
Capt. Kiwi also told me he was a villager hunter.

After this confirmation I felt free to share some (not important) information and conclusions with randakar and Capt. Kiwi.
Including telling my role, which I didn't consider that important at that moment.
Not that I felt sure about the two, but I didn't get real baddie vibes.
Oh, I got (some of) those too. Sometimes I got duplicates and triplets of the same PM. Here I just edited out the Capt.Kiwi parts from the quotes in your conversations with randakar. It might bias who you are presented in the AAR but I have to keep it reasonably snappy or else the AAR will be longer than the thread what with all the PMing going on behind the scene.

Last edited:
It was my goal to make love to as many players as possible. Consequently I died as I lived: in bed.
If only GA Paendrag had lived. He was very keen on protecting beds and might have saved you.

The GM AAR part 4 - TIE snipe and you are dead!

Day 4 and Night 4
Village lynched Lord_D the cursed apprentice and snoopdogg the GA
Seer scanned trespoe the villager
GA Paen protected noone
GA snoop was set to protect randakar the werewolf - who actually slept in his bed this time - but got lynched
Lover Najs slept with his own wolf master drxav - Um, I didn't see that coming :confused:
Lover Vain slept with Davisx3m the cursed hunter
Napoleon Sorcery scanned OY the SA villager who only saw that a sorcery powered player scanned him
Sedracus Seerish scanned Rysz the SA cultist who didn't see anything
Die Rote ate jonti-h the werewolf

Napoleon did a very obvious baddie snipe. I wonder if he will get away with it claiming noobiness like Rockingluke?

This is why you need to do a outing if you can to get a JL started. Here the JL lost a GA when they could have lynched a wolf instead.

Rysz is in a very good position now. Seer cleared and no priest left. Muahaha. :D

Poor jonti, if only Paendrag hadn't forgotten to protect. Or to put it in his own words:

Paendrag said:
Seems it works out better when I don't protect anyone..

Day 5 and Night 5
Village lynched Napoleon the werewolf
Seer scanned Boris the villager
GA Paen protected Rysz the cultist - still not a single goodie protected...
Lover Najs kept sleeping with his own wolf master drxav - there was this game where cultists were called groupies but...
Lover Vain slept with TNT the villager
Die Gelbe ate sbr the seer's apprentice

Kaetje is somewhat disappointed with her packmate

randakar said:
Kaetje said:
hunt SBR
backup Napoleon XIX
Let's not make this -too- easy for the village, shall we?
Hunt SBR
Backup joebthegreat

God forbid that backup of yours actually fires :eek:

Last edited: