• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: The elusive 2.3

Originally posted by Archaalen
I'm looking around the wonderful site you guys have created, and it's filled with refernces to the AGC Beta 2.3. Where is it? Is the link in the FAQ it? or is it just 2.2 with the bugfix?

The version linked to from the FAQ may even be pre-2.2...;) Start a new thread in the forum, and one of the current "project masters" should help you soon enough (I'm afraid that I myself haven't got much of a clue in AGC matters presently).

Haven't seen anything about this...

I originally thought AGC would be something similar to IGC in EUI. Unfortunately I can't figure out what the point of it is other than CoT variables and a few other things. You still end up playing the same countries that are in the original GC. I had hoped it would allow one to play any of the many minor countries like IGC does.
Does it allow one to play minors and I'm just too stupid to figure it out? Any help at all about this would be appreciated. I have already looked all over the boards and haven't found anything that mentions HOW one gets to play a minor without changing things I don't know exactly how to do(pretty much out of fear as I am the kind of guy who can blow up a volt meter using it CORRECTLY).
Thanks

Re: Haven't seen anything about this...

Originally posted by Amric
I originally thought AGC would be something similar to IGC in EUI. Unfortunately I can't figure out what the point of it is other than CoT variables and a few other things. You still end up playing the same countries that are in the original GC. I had hoped it would allow one to play any of the many minor countries like IGC does.
Does it allow one to play minors and I'm just too stupid to figure it out? Any help at all about this would be appreciated. I have already looked all over the boards and haven't found anything that mentions HOW one gets to play a minor without changing things I don't know exactly how to do(pretty much out of fear as I am the kind of guy who can blow up a volt meter using it CORRECTLY).
Thanks

Actually, you don't need any mod to be able to play a minor. When you load up EU2, just right-click on any of the eight major shields to bring up a list of all available states that you can play. Just scroll the list to the one you want, click on it, and you can play any minor you please. Hope that helps, & welcome to EU2!

Re: Re: Haven't seen anything about this...

Originally posted by Johnny Canuck
Actually, you don't need any mod to be able to play a minor. When you load up EU2, just right-click on any of the eight major shields to bring up a list of all available states that you can play. Just scroll the list to the one you want, click on it, and you can play any minor you please. Hope that helps, & welcome to EU2!

To also quote something I saw in an AAR....UNTRANSLATEABLE!

Now I feel like I fool. I've had this game for quite a long time and I had no idea I could do that! I've had EUI since version 1.09 and EUII as soon as it came out. (slaps self on the forehead) I bet that was in the booklet included with the game that I didn't read....:)

Re: Re: Re: Haven't seen anything about this...

Originally posted by Amric
Now I feel like I fool. I've had this game for quite a long time and I had no idea I could do that! I've had EUI since version 1.09 and EUII as soon as it came out. (slaps self on the forehead) I bet that was in the booklet included with the game that I didn't read....:)
Actually it's put in large print in the middle of the screen where you select the countries... ;)

My God! I've never noticed!:eek:

Honestly, this was all theoretical, as the AGC never progressed enough to make any of these differences really real, and thats why a merger can go down. The differences were mostly all just fluff (which I think I can say without quoting as I think I originally said that :p ).

Originally posted by Garbon
Honestly, this was all theoretical, as the AGC never progressed enough to make any of these differences really real, and thats why a merger can go down. The differences were mostly all just fluff (which I think I can say without quoting as I think I originally said that :p ).

Yeah, but AGC made into COTN and EEP did not. :p

Patches & AGC

I see from the first post in this thread by Ebbesen that the AGC is only playable with Patch 1.05 ? Is that just an old post ?

I have just re-installed the Game.

The only Patch available on the Paradox Downloads section is 1.07.

Can I play the AGC with that Patch ?

Thanks

From this thread you can download a version of AGC compatible with the 1.07 beta patches.

Is there a AGC version for 1.08b?
Or did you abandoned the project for AGCEEP?

.ey I noticed that Castile turns into Spain and Moscovy into Russia, id there a way that you can create Great Britain and have England turn into it? Is there some sort of specialt tag that Castile has? I would very much aprrecitae this information. Thank you.

What mod? I'm talking about the original game without any modding except the minor changes I've done myself. I don't have any idea what I meant by special tag all I know is that I followed the events closely and everytime I load the game it says there's an error and can't read the event, so no Great Britain. Please someone help me I know this can work but I just don't know how to get it to work.