• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys,

I was under the impression, that playing with the AAR mod, would allow me to continue after 1921 (having started the 1914 scenario).

I got to 1921, and the game ended there... I got a pop up which could not be shut other than by accepting defet.

Could you advise me on what I am duing wrong this time?

THANK YOU! ;)
S.

Guys,

I was under the impression, that playing with the AAR mod, would allow me to continue after 1921 (having started the 1914 scenario).

I got to 1921, and the game ended there... I got a pop up which could not be shut other than by accepting defet.

Could you advise me on what I am duing wrong this time?

THANK YOU! ;)
S.

Did you pick the "Arms Armistice and Revolutions" scenario?

Thanks N I could not answer that one. People this mod has been abandoned again or at least nobody is fixing it. I only know a few fixes. It used to be my favorite mod but the two main guys are busy with other things. One guy took it back up for a month or so and then just went poof. Anyone who wants can help otherwise don't complain that something does not work.
delanonne

I'm still continuing my work on Australia, which is a AAR mod... There's a renewed version of AAR in the works at the moment...

I have noticed, playing with Italy (I can't say for other nations - I only had one match) that events will pop regardless of the actions you take... i.e.: even if you divert from the course of history, you'll still encounter the very same events.

Should I bother reporting this? or is it a known issue?

A practical example would be when in 1921 (if memory serves me right) I got incresed dissent due to war exaustion despite having sat out ww1 altogether and having JUST declared war on the east.

EDIT: Also, Italy gets Trento, Bolzano, Trieste and Capo d'Istria in the peace settlement regardless of whether it helps the entente in WW1... Makes playing WW1 sort of wasteful.

Regards,
S.

Last edited:
Hey S I know that some of the events do not always make sense. With a mod this big it is hard to get them all right. Please keep the feedback coming. We finally have someone helping with the mod. Burning made this only to linke the two world war scenarios together. It was a huge amount of work. A lot needs to be done still. We will do what we can. Anyone is free to volunteer to help. It is not my mod. I did not make it. I am just a fan. It was kinda abandoned and ej came forward and fixed it enough to work with DH 1.3. Then he left so it has been in limbo. Now that we have someone who can do events we may be able to make it better.
delanonne

EDIT: Also, Italy gets Trento, Bolzano, Trieste and Capo d'Istria in the peace settlement regardless of whether it helps the entente in WW1... Makes playing WW1 sort of wasteful.
I think the problem here is the alternatives are worse, if they stay with Austria then the country who started the war doesn't get punished enough for it's aggression, there's no other country nearby that the population in those provinces could be made to be part of.

But perhaps some sort of reparations might be in order to negate the benefit of getting those provinces if Italy was on the losing side? The 4 provinces only bring 3 IC, 4 Rare's and 1 Manpower.

Hey S I know that some of the events do not always make sense. With a mod this big it is hard to get them all right. Please keep the feedback coming. We finally have someone helping with the mod. Burning made this only to linke the two world war scenarios together. It was a huge amount of work. A lot needs to be done still. We will do what we can. Anyone is free to volunteer to help. It is not my mod. I did not make it. I am just a fan. It was kinda abandoned and ej came forward and fixed it enough to work with DH 1.3. Then he left so it has been in limbo. Now that we have someone who can do events we may be able to make it better.
delanonne

I'd just like to make it ultra-clear that mine wasn't a complaint!!! I did not pay for the mod, hence I can only thank you for the hard work! I am an imbecille with computers, so you guys have my utmost respect.

Also, if I may give an advice... while events are great (they really add flavour to the game) the minute they stop making sense they become detrimental to the game. so if someone is indeed working on it, my advice would be (if resources are limited) to streamline it. Again, just my opinion!

I think the problem here is the alternatives are worse, if they stay with Austria then the country who started the war doesn't get punished enough for it's aggression, there's no other country nearby that the population in those provinces could be made to be part of.

But perhaps some sort of reparations might be in order to negate the benefit of getting those provinces if Italy was on the losing side? The 4 provinces only bring 3 IC, 4 Rare's and 1 Manpower.

I think Austria should simply retain them, although I see where you are coming from. This is the kind of issue that would require a specific event... May be Italy could be asked to pay for those to be returned and if it declines, such decision may increase national dissent... A bit far fetched may be, I don't know. Just brain storming here.

I think Austria should simply retain them, although I see where you are coming from. This is the kind of issue that would require a specific event... May be Italy could be asked to pay for those to be returned and if it declines, such decision may increase national dissent... A bit far fetched may be, I don't know. Just brain storming here.

Well, with a neutral Italy Austria could perhaps retain Northern Tyrol (Bolzano in game if I remember well), where there was (and more or less is) a German majority, and Capo d'Istria could go to the proto-Yugoslavi (Kingdom of the S, C and S)? Italy would still gain South Tyrol (Trento IG?) and Trieste, as Denmark who wasn't a belligerent and stil gain land.

Well, with a neutral Italy Austria could perhaps retain Northern Tyrol (Bolzano in game if I remember well), where there was (and more or less is) a German majority, and Capo d'Istria could go to the proto-Yugoslavi (Kingdom of the S, C and S)? Italy would still gain South Tyrol (Trento IG?) and Trieste, as Denmark who wasn't a belligerent and stil gain land.

I second that.

Well it is something to think about. Right now I think the main things to fix are the CP winning the most of the time and the force limit events not turning off on time for players. Is the Russian Civil War working ok or is it still a problem? I believe I posted the Hotfix for it. I would like to get all of the game breakers taken care of before we get into the it would be nice ifs...

Please keep the feedback coming and I hope we will be able to get this working OK. After that we can maybe start working on what if ahistorical events. There is so much that could be done if we have somebody who can make good events. I think we do so let us hope for a better future for AAR and The Grand Campaign.
delanonne

I would like to emphasize again that this is an ANNOUNCEMENT thread and not a FEEDBACK thread.
______
An ANNOUNCEMENT is something made by an AAR DEVELOPER such as:
I have not been working on the 1914-1918 scenario in AAR integration recently, but I have been working on 1933 and designing in ways for 1914 to tie to 1933.

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I need some help. I've just installed this mod and whenever I start a game, I get a message about errors and the game crashes on me. I've seen this problem mentioned before, but can't find the solution. Can anyone help me out?

Alpha version for DH 1.03 RC2
(This is an open-alpha version, expect bugginess.)

Stable version for DH 1.02: 1.4.1_1 (Codename: Too Long Version Number)

I installed the stable version. I've seen this same problem in Bizon's mod where he mixes yours with NWO2. There is a fix for it, but I can't find it. I was hoping you'd know.

Last edited:
Can't seem to get an Allies victory with the new version. Germany AI seems way too overpowered. Is it worth continuing playing with a victorious Germany (ie. is Kaiserreich implimented?)?

I'm confused. Is this mod still supported. Is it being worked on?

I installed the stable version. I've seen this same problem in Bizon's mod where he mixes yours with NWO2. There is a fix for it, but I can't find it. I was hoping you'd know.

Hey you might want to look at the Grand Campaign thread. It combines AAR with NWO2 and works pretty well. There are a few hotfixes to make and a few other issues that I have addressed so you can get a pretty good game.

I hope this helps.
delanonne