• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It should fire...requires 70% of the provinces of Poland to be occupied..maybe SOV has all the VP's before 70%...I think I'll lower the requirement to 50% of poland and add a lost_vp trigger.

ok, ive tried it again and this time it went completely different. the war started in 1918 as is should and poland did exeptionally well as it conquered over 10 russian provinces before itself was pushed back, exept now in 1923 chechosovakia, serbia, romania and hungary declared war against poland. poland conquered half of chechosovakia, romania captured 3 area's of poland, now poland is at peace with everyone and their original borders are as they should be. i think last time the events didnt fall in line, so russia conquered half of poland, then chechoslovakia declared war on poland which may have triggered an error.

in other news, if things went the way as it went in this scenario, could poland have become a european power?

What year is it anyway? If it's anything late, then dissent and internal problems are probably causing the issue.

Besides, Russia is ridiculously easy to win with in WWI, and the AAR team hasn't even touched WWI itself, so that's Vanilla balance for you; not the mod.

I think the team's stated before that we have not touched Russia at all since patch 1.03 is completely revamping Russia and we have no interest in re-modifying the base game now and then again after 1.03 comes out. Not to mention we haven't modified WWI stuff. Any balance issues regarding Russia and WWI should be brought up with the DH Full team.

Well, i just picked some random countries and ran the mod for 1 year, it's a middle of 1915... France easily wins, Russia loses without chances IN DEFENCE.

I wanted to play Russia and launched the game without doing anything on max speed (just to see what will happen). Then a war started and it looked like Russia has way less units than Germany+Turkey and a much bigger front to defend (well, i didn't do anything, no recruiting but anyway...) So i decided to try it with AI control, picked some other country. And indeed Russia lost like it had no troops at all... Seriously, wow. So not WWI-like...

Tried two more times just in case (picked Japan for that)... Russia still loses by far in just a year. And two times out of four France won (one land assault and one massive sea invasion).

That is a DH FULL Vanilla problem. Not an AAR problem. We have not modified World War I except for China. This means, on average, you will only see AAR events after the year 1918 or later.

AAR is an interwar mod.

If you have problems with World War I Balancing, please report it to the Darkest Hour game development team, not to the AAR mod team.

It doesn't matter what country you spectate as (I thought we put Guatemala as the recommended spectate country).

Well, i just picked some random countries and ran the mod for 1 year, it's a middle of 1915... France easily wins, Russia loses without chances IN DEFENCE.

I wanted to play Russia and launched the game without doing anything on max speed (just to see what will happen). Then a war started and it looked like Russia has way less units than Germany+Turkey and a much bigger front to defend (well, i didn't do anything, no recruiting but anyway...) So i decided to try it with AI control, picked some other country. And indeed Russia lost like it had no troops at all... Seriously, wow. So not WWI-like...

Tried two more times just in case (picked Japan for that)... Russia still loses by far in just a year. And two times out of four France won (one land assault and one massive sea invasion).

so for 2/3 games you tried to do a year of work without doing max speed, within half an hour time? that doesnt seem plausible to me. either way, if you did play russia and lost alot of troops, maybe you are not doing it right. as an example, i play germany all the time, and as far as i notice, you hardly have to put much effort in defending any french attacks as they leterally entrench themselves, so you can concentrate on russia. once russia surrenders, you can send all your troops to france and defeat them easily becouse of the new troops. all this is done with a below average setting, so i get a bonus to attack. specially for you i tried a game with hard settings, and russia suddenly gets allot tougher. serbia is able to hold austria-hungary so they still need half of their troops there. this gets worse when italy joins the war. then, when england joins in on the french border i suddenly have to divert half of my army to the west because they almost invaded germany, so together austria-hungary and germany are having a hard time on the eastern border because it really is a big line to hold, russia is suddenly able to defend themselves. you are only lucky because historically russia is getting a number of revolts and need to concentrate more on political caused problems. the game isnt that imbalanced, its the difficulty you set for it.

so if you ask me, you are playing on normal, not too hard, not too easy, but still easy enough for you to win.

EDIT

i can give you a tip tho, if you are having problems defending, built alot of engineering brigades and put them on your troops as they do add to the defending. it also helps to make fortifications. 1 point of fortification can already give 5 days of extra work for hostile troops to take over the province, lowering their morale.

Well, just tried vanilla DH Full two times, Russia loses about one third of what it loses in your mod under AI control (still loses though). But maybe it's just random. Ok, thanks, i guess i'll wait for 1.03 DH.

so for 2/3 games you tried to do a year of work without doing max speed, within half an hour time? that doesnt seem plausible to me.
No. I launched a game on max speed without doing anything at all. It takes only 5-6 minutes per year. One was while i was "controlling" (= not doing anything) Russia, all other tries with unimportant countries.

as an example, i play germany all the time, and as far as i notice, you hardly have to put much effort in defending any french attacks as they leterally entrench themselves, so you can concentrate on russia. once russia surrenders, you can send all your troops to france and defeat them easily becouse of the new troops.
Well, that's kinda obvious. That's why i decided to try it under AI control, i had a feeling like Russia is way weaker than it should be so to successfully defend 1v3, let alone to attack like IRL.

Last edited:
Austria-Hungary is way weaker than Russia imho. I generally ignored Austria Hungary the games I played as Russia (some border units, but they weren't a priority). Germany's superior troops were always a constant problem. Early war with warsaw dissent was another. That's why I prefer late war. I also withdraw a bit back to make it easier to defend warsaw. It was fairly easy to fight a stalemate with Germany though while slowly advancing into Austria Hungary with the help of Austria. Then just wait for the FRA-ENG-USA juggernaught to crush Germany.

Austro-Hungary is weaker, but can be very powerful if played with right (as with all nations I suppose). I just abandon all of Galicia-Lodomeria to get a shorter border, then proceed to crush Serbia, then Italy, then wipe the floor against the Russians by bringing the full imperial might upon them.

But yes, as Russia, it's mostly about holding on than anything. A British amphib. landing on the Adriatic will bring Austro-Hungary to its knees in an almost ridiculous manner, while the Germans aren't the easiest to break through. I usually spend the early years grinding German divisions while I prepare for a Prussian encirclement. It gets much easier from there - Berlin falls by '16 and Austro-Hungary just comes crashing down soon thereafter. I usually don't focus on Austro-Hungary because it just takes too much effort to drag the army down to victory. Much faster and efficient to let the Brits do an amphib. landing in the Adriatic and go wild.

As Austria Hungary, I do pretty much the same as you, except I don't bother with Russia.
-Abandon border with Russia - Germany is competent enough, I generally lose 2-3 provinces at most at start of war, Germany fills the gaps.
-All divisions to Albania/Montenegro/Serbia border
-Annex Serbia/Albania/Montenegro in blitzkreig.
-Mil Control BUL, use it as buffer against Greece.
-Stalemate against Italy whenever they enter.
-Breakthrough France
-Support Germany in France (the ai really likes to get encircled in France)
-Watch France fall at same time as when Germany kills Russia.

Just a small reminder: get your questions answered in the right thread...

Ok, so i got through WWI as Russia. After that, i declare a war on Germany and in several days i get a message "Germany accepted a peace offer" while i don't even have a diplomat there to send it.. Is it some kind of script, and if it is, may you please tell me how to disable it?

P.S. Maybe it's event 2191520?
Anyway, i can just declare a war again... Weird.

Last edited:
Add that where, which exactfile? And which country is Belgium? Thanks in advance.

To all events you want to disable. Belgium's country tag is BEL.

Ok, so i got through WWI as Russia. After that, i declare a war on Germany and in several days i get a message "Germany accepted a peace offer" while i don't even have a diplomat there to send it.. Is it some kind of script, and if it is, may you please tell me how to disable it?

P.S. Maybe it's event 2191520?
Anyway, i can just declare a war again... Weird.

Seems like a bug in DH-Full WW1's peace treaties. Please report that issue in the bug reporting forums.

To all events you want to disable. Belgium's country tag is BEL.

Thanks, I meant though.. What is the events text file called and how will I easily find the event? Thanks. :-

Edit: I myself am looking for the events that remove units because of limits, and whenever I decline to sign a treaty as any nation it grows beligerence for Italy? Why?

Edit2: ..Wat, I'm Japan, I had taken Mongolia, China, and a few smaller nations around it (part of Russia too) during WW1 and after, It's 1926.. And suddenly entire China and the smaller ones (Not Mongolia) are turned over to their own nations again?! T_T I spend /YEARS/ to get Garrisons in all of them, and now they just revolt like that? Is there no way to stop that? I'm fine with rebels thinking. "Lets try to take back China!" but for me to magicly loose everything like that? The Protection (Don't know the correct name, China at that time.) became Nationalist China, however. Does that have anything to do with it?

Edit3: NO MORE JAPAN. My other questions remain though.

Last edited: