• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is my apology for the misunderstanding again mafik in case you didn't see it due to the multiple posts:

No, no, [the QC comment] wasn't intended toward you. It was a QC failure on me and burnings end. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm multitasking right now. You did speed up development considerably. See how the changelog from 1.4.0RC -> 1.4.0 FINAL was so large in such a short amount of time? It was because we had help from people like you.

Anyway, I'm having DH run in the background right now to catch anything else that might be there for 1.4.1

As for buggyness, we don't mind, at least I don't. Its better than having nothing, and I know I wrote really bad events when I started. Your contribution was very good, mostly just wakeministers needed, which isn't your fault since you didn't know.

Addon: how wakeminister works, even I didn't until very recently.

Oh, you are welcome. I guess I misunderstood you. Sometimes, a man becomes too much sensitive :) anyway, I will try to fix any errors I see in AAR forum or here.

Data recovery is going at the speed of a file/minute. Thankfully, I have another computer (yay netbook).

Can someone with photoshop open the event template.psd and send it to me as a .png/jpg/.bmp instead so I can create new event pictures in Paint.net? My netbook can't handle photoshop.

Based on what I see on Skype, high chance wake/sleepminister problems will fix itself in 1.03.

Pros/Cons of us waiting for 1.03 vs fixing it ourselves right now?
Pros - Fix for people now
Cons - Unnecessary coding once 1.03 comes around.

Also, workaround for ministers of same name is to sleep first then wake again after.

Edit: also, thanks Mafik, I'll take a look in the morning, stayed up til 4am getting essential stuff off broken G: partition (funnily enough H: partition seems to work fine, seems the bad sector is somewhere where the autosaves from a game were being stored, right in the middle of G: partition)

So.....I tried GParted, BSOD on startup, having the broken HDD on the MB and launching XP = no boot, Win 7 refuses to boot anymore period, lets see if PartMagic works on my USB...or any other linux recovery CD distribution.

XP with the broken drive not connected to MB works.

CS project isn't that bad since we use Git. I just need to install Git on my xp partition, get a new PUTTY key, add it to my class git account, and recheckout.

Edit: PartitionMagic works and can recover my files...slowly. Yay!

I have tons of saves if you want any.

That would be great (thanks in advance), if you could e-mail them to a.skobic@gmail.com, or add me on Skype as "aleksaineshtojosh". Are these saves with Hardest/Very aggressive difficulty, because to me it's not much interesting to play in normal mode?

Do you want a specific year?

Otherwise, I can send you my entire savegame folder or something....there's 1176 savegames in my folder...(clearly bugtested a bunch)

Not sure what the difficulty I selected was...I left it at whatever the last default is, difficulty isn't a priority for hands off event testing.

Do you want a specific year?

Otherwise, I can send you my entire savegame folder or something....there's 1176 savegames in my folder...(clearly bugtested a bunch)

Not sure what the difficulty I selected was...I left it at whatever the last default is, difficulty isn't a priority for hands off event testing.

Alright, send me from January 1918, because I'm very interested in period between two world wars. I wish I could help, but now finally when I have free time, you finished.:)

Oh yeah, I noticed that Ukraine doesn't make an appearance at all. I had, for the DH guys, worked on Ukrainian ministers for the UNR (Ukrainian National Republic), the ZUNR (Galician Ukrainian republic) and the Makhno faction (anarchists), along with leaders and tech teams. I can see if I can get the files together, i need to modify the pics as they aren't in the right format.

I played again from 1917 with Germany and now Head of State and all other events/ministers are alright (Sailors mutiny, abdication etc). But one thing never happened - failure of German Summer offensive (I played until late 1919), so the war goes on without anything big happening. Does someone know why?

I noticed that you guys took out the AAR-History scenario. What motivated that decision?

(I'm not upset - just curious. I never even played the history scenario to be honest.)

EDIT: I just noticed on the first post that the regular AAR scenario now includes the history scenario. That would explain it... Doh! :blush:

Last edited:
But why? The 1.4.0 already contains a savegame from October 1918...

Really?!? Sorry I didn't notice that, since I copied all my saved games to see if they work. I'll try it right away, thanks.:)

Hello Burning and Limith,

I've been creeping around these forums for years now, playing the different paradox games (especially Hearts of Iron!) so I was very pleased to see the development of Darkest Hour proceeding, but it didn't trigger me to actively join the forum. Your wonderfull mod, however, did!

I'd like to somehow help you guys out, as I see there are huge ambitions with this mod, but only so much manpower. I'll run a few games tonight, and will report bugs and other things I've noticed (Will do on your site, instead of trashing it in this topic - as you've been harassed with :p ). Do you need someone in your team, though? I have moderate modding skills, especially with countries, ministers, leaders and events, and a sizeable knowledge of the 'interbellum'. Let me know!

But why? The 1.4.0 already contains a savegame from October 1918...

Find it, I wasn't aware that you updated the version that I downloaded yesterday.

Tonie's post reminded me, if you want indepth interbellum knowledge I cannot recommend 'The Lights that Failed' and 'The Triumph of the Dark' by Zara Steiner enough. They are epic in scope, detailed without just being dross and have a good narrative. Heck, I'd upload a copy but I'm not access to a scanner.

Not cheap, but a good investment in general and if you're serious about the Interbellum and wanna do more than a wikipedia mod...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Lights-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333049771&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Triumph...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333049771&sr=1-2