• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Burning seems to have forgotten to revert vp.inc to the old non-developmental version in release as well, so I expect to get posts about "why is there VP everywhere? Why can't I blitzkreig and annex" again, argh.

Simple fix: copy scenarios/1914/vp.inc from your vanilla DH FULL and overwrite the one in AAR.

removing wakeminister by itself, which causes a crash.

Well, I didn't add any wakeminister commands to my package. They should have been added by Burning or someone else.

As for "Always test what you release." thing. I couldn't test it extensively because of Wilhelm II bug, I said this many times. So, without this bug solved, It was meaningless to test my files until 1933. After bug was revealed, I was just able to test it once and then sent it to Burning because he wanted to make a release as early as possible. I thought he or someone else would also make few tests and fix remaining bugs-errors in my files.

Anyway, thanks for your "friendly" attitude. I didn't say my package was bugless or doesn't any have errors. My intention was to relieve main modders from some of their work to speed up the development of this mod.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't add any wakeminister commands to my package. They should have been added by Burning or someone else.

As for "Always test what you release." thing. I couldn't test it extensively because of Wilhelm II bug, I said this many times. So, without this bug resolved, It was meaningless to test my files until 1933 After bug is revealed, I was just able to test it once and then sent it to Burning because he wanted to make a release as early as possible. I thought he or someelse would also make few tests and fix remaining bugs-errors in my files.

Anyway, thanks for your "friendly" attitude. I didn't say my package was bugless or doesn't any have errors. My intention was to relieve main modders from some of their work to speed up the development of this mod.

No, no, it wasn't intended toward you. It was a QC failure on me and burnings end. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm multitasking right now. You did speed up development considerably. See how the changelog from 1.4.0RC -> 1.4.0 FINAL was so large in such a short amount of time? It was because we had help from people like you.

Anyway, I'm having DH run in the background right now to catch anything else that might be there for 1.4.1

As for buggyness, we don't mind, at least I don't. Its better than having nothing, and I know I wrote really bad events when I started. Your contribution was very good, mostly just wakeministers needed, which isn't your fault since you didn't know.

Where is the latest download for Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions? Also, I know it'd be extremely difficult, but I think it would be extremely awesome if AAR and NWO2 could combine to make a single, continuous campaign from 1914 to 1999.

so does the first post download link of 1.4 Final contain the hotfix with it? Im applying it either way just in case.

First post should be fine, I overwrote the file at the link with the hotfix included.

1.4.1 will have tons of bugfixes.
http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/query?group=status&milestone=Version+1.4.1

Where is the latest download for Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions? Also, I know it'd be extremely difficult, but I think it would be extremely awesome if AAR and NWO2 could combine to make a single, continuous campaign from 1914 to 1999.
Go to the first post, or our website aarmod.cfuchs.net.

Just went through the new list for for 1.4.1 fixes and I saw "Ottoman taking over saudi minor one", Im sorry but its more like Greece taking over ottomans via 1919-22 ottoman/Greco crisis :p

No surrender events, I waited till I took Ankara and waiting a week or two just in case but nothing so I just annexed them. Probably screw up several events but its worth it, next step Bulgaria, then the world! :D

View attachment 51156

So...my new HDD failed (SMART fail).

Can't believe it failed before my old 2004 HDD. Used for less than a school year. Argh.

Good news: DH is on my old drive.

Good news: WinXP is 100% on my old drive

Bad news: Win7 was half ported to my new drive (temp directory moved there, all sorts of things). Effectively, I have no Win7 working anymore.

Bad news: Photoshop was installed on my new drive. My old drive has no space for it.

Bad News: Just lost my project for CS class, but whatever, I have it on class account.

TL;DR: No more new images for a while Burning.

Oh ok, I realized that Burning also added 1 month difference between date and deathdate :)

Two things : in GER-Germany file, there are few minister commands :
#Hitler
command = { trigger = { not = { flag = hitler_arrested } } type = wakeminister which = 22 }
command = { trigger = { flag = hitler_free } type = headofgovernment which = 22 }
#Hindenburg
command = { type = wakeminister which = 268 }
command = { type = headofstate which = 268 }
Uh, if we don't have these ministers in power, the 1936 WW2 events won't trigger (Anschluss, Munich, Molotow-Ribbentrop, ... )...
I left those in the events for a purpose, in case things go just a bit ahistorical, we should still get a WW1. if those are not there, then we will end up with a Nazi-Government in Germany, but no WW2 at all.

So...my new HDD failed (SMART fail).
Bad News: Just lost my project for CS class, but whatever, I have it on class account.

Doh!

Great effort guys!
Tell me, is it possible to play from a saved game or I need to start all over again, since I'm more interested in WWII preparations then WWI? :)

So.....I tried GParted, BSOD on startup, having the broken HDD on the MB and launching XP = no boot, Win 7 refuses to boot anymore period, lets see if PartMagic works on my USB...or any other linux recovery CD distribution.

XP with the broken drive not connected to MB works.

CS project isn't that bad since we use Git. I just need to install Git on my xp partition, get a new PUTTY key, add it to my class git account, and recheckout.

Edit: PartitionMagic works and can recover my files...slowly. Yay!

Great effort guys!
Tell me, is it possible to play from a saved game or I need to start all over again, since I'm more interested in WWII preparations then WWI?
I have tons of saves if you want any.

Last edited:
Uh, if we don't have these ministers in power, the 1936 WW2 events won't trigger (Anschluss, Munich, Molotow-Ribbentrop, ... )...
I left those in the events for a purpose, in case things go just a bit ahistorical, we should still get a WW1. if those are not there, then we will end up with a Nazi-Government in Germany, but no WW2 at all.

Doh!

In minister change events I sent you, I put Hitler and Hindeburg into office after March 1933 elections. So, without these lines, Hindenburg and Hitler will be still appointed. However, for example, if I choose Hitler as president in 1932 elections, then few months later, Hitler will dissolve the Reichstag and the new cabinet will be the one with Hitler as HoS and Hess HoG bypassing Hindenburg-Hitler era completely. So, in that possibility, this event will mess up things by removing Hitler as president and appointing Hindeburg again. As I put Hitler as HoS in 1934, 1936 events should fire without any problem. I don't think Hindenburg has anything to do with 1936 events ?

Last edited:
For ticket #148;

"von Hindenburg results in Hitler becoming HoS in 1925 Election."

View attachment 51172

Changelog :

command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -1 }
command = { type = wakeminister which = 855301 }
command = { type = headofstate which = 855301 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855202 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855203 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855241 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855074 } #sleep general hindenburgs
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855082 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855255 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855342 }

command = { type = wakeminister which = 855356 }
command = { type = headofstate which = 855356 }
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855202 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855203 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855241 } #sleep ebert
command = { type = sleepminister which = 855211 } #sleep HoG Marx

Removed Hindenburg-Marx sleep commands because sleepminister command sleeps all ministers with the same name. Other method should be used to sleep these ministers. Slightly different names could solve this problem, for example, ( Paul Von Hindeburg, Paul Ludwig Von Hindenburg )

Last edited:
Here is my apology for the misunderstanding again mafik in case you didn't see it due to the multiple posts:

No, no, [the QC comment] wasn't intended toward you. It was a QC failure on me and burnings end. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm multitasking right now. You did speed up development considerably. See how the changelog from 1.4.0RC -> 1.4.0 FINAL was so large in such a short amount of time? It was because we had help from people like you.

Anyway, I'm having DH run in the background right now to catch anything else that might be there for 1.4.1

As for buggyness, we don't mind, at least I don't. Its better than having nothing, and I know I wrote really bad events when I started. Your contribution was very good, mostly just wakeministers needed, which isn't your fault since you didn't know.

Addon: how wakeminister works, even I didn't until very recently.