• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, Burning, Wilhelm II returning event was apparently caused by dormant ministers in German scenario file. ( http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?597139-Minister-changes-after-save-reloads ) This ruined my work too, but AC pointed out the problem, so I will arrange scenario files too. Minister events for Soviets and Germany are completed and now I could test them again.

Please don't go with solution number 1, it's a DH vanilla problem. They seem to be fixing it in 1.03 so we won't consider it our problem.

Please don't go with solution number 1, it's a DH vanilla problem. They seem to be fixing it in 1.03 so we won't consider it our problem.

But without 1.3 patch, my minister events for Germany are meaningless. Removing all of dormant ministers will have almost no effect as AI will probably never appoint one of Weimar ministers. After 1.3 patch, we could easily return back to old scenario file. The problem is there for only Germany, so It won't be big deal to return vanilla settings.

I made many small improvements-fixes for OTT-SOV-GER. Now, I will test again from 1914 to 1933 to see if there will be any minister problems again. Some other things from my other testplay with 1.4.0 :

1 : Austria has no ministers, there are minister events but they shoul be included in csv file.

2 : Hungary still has no ministers

3 : Yugoslavia having no cores other than Serbian territory continues.

But without 1.3 patch, my minister events for Germany are meaningless. Removing all of dormant ministers will have almost no effect as AI will probably never appoint one of Weimar ministers. After 1.3 patch, we could easily return back to old scenario file. The problem is there for only Germany, so It won't be big deal to return vanilla settings.
If there is no other way to fix this, and as the issue will be resolved in 1.03 (which will allow the replacement of a modified version with the vanilla file from 1.03), I see no other solution to fixing this issue, than to go along with the hotfix you found. Thanks!

Btw: could you please send over your modifications, so i can take a look at it, and help debug them? People here are very eager to get AAR 1.4.0, and it would help, if you too, if i can test, balance and debug them where needed, even if your are not yet finished. :D

My changes so far :

TURKEY/ OTTOMAN EMPIRE :

+ Fixed the wrong deathdate numbers in some events
+ Corrected start dates for many ministers
+ Added Talat Pasha becoming Sadrazam event.

OPTIONAL : ROMANIA / GREECE :

+ Put new check for Romanian entry into WWI. Old triggers are still valid. I did this because Romania almost never enter the war because Russian AI is never able to capture necessary Austrian provinces to make them join Entente.
+ Slightly increased "random" chances of some specific events for Greece in order to increase the likelihood of them joining Entente.

SOVIET UNION :

+ Fixed Kalinin start date in order to make him HoS after Lenin's death.
+ Added Trotsky as HoS and HoG. If player chooses "Permanent Revolution", he will get Trotsky as HoS.
+ Added "Stalin consolidates power" event in 1930 that will bring pro-Stalin ministers into office.
+ Added "First Political Purges" and "Promote Tukhachevsky" events from 1933 scenario.

GERMANY :

+ Kapp Putsch will now bring General Kapp and Lüttwitz into power and make Germany paternal autocrat.
+ All cabinet changes between 1919-1933 including HoG, Foreign Minister, Armaments minister and Minister of Security.
+ 1925, 1932 Presidential elections.
+ Hitler may come with either federal elections ( historical ) or by defeating Hindenburg in 1932 presidential elections.
+ Fixed Wilhelm II returning problem.
+ Added later-interwar ministers like Schleicher, Bruning and Von Papen for U08.
+ DDR now could be formed by either Thalmann's victory in 1932 presidential elections, or victory in March 1933 elections ( like in vanilla 1933 scenario )
+ Added "Death of Hindeburg", "Enabling Act", "DDR Alliance with USSR" events from 1933 scenario.
+ And dozens of other small fixes.

If there is no other way to fix this, and as the issue will be resolved in 1.03 (which will allow the replacement of a modified version with the vanilla file from 1.03), I see no other solution to fixing this issue, than to go along with the hotfix you found. Thanks!

Btw: could you please send over your modifications, so i can take a look at it, and help debug them? People here are very eager to get AAR 1.4.0, and it would help, if you too, if i can test, balance and debug them where needed, even if your are not yet finished. :D

Hi Burning, I couldn't test German ministers until 1933 yet because of this annoying Wilhelm II problem. Now, I have just started testing and it will take few hours. Would it be ok for you if I send my files after I test it once until 1933. Then you can also test it before release.

Hi Burning, I couldn't test German ministers until 1933 yet because of this annoying Wilhelm II problem. Now, I have just started testing and it will take few hours. Would it be ok for you if I send my files after I test it once until 1933. Then you can also test it before release.

Sure thing, but please don't send them via PM, but create a Ticket on the AAR website, and upload it there. (see below). That also makes it easier for you to change the files afterwards.

Also there is a weird bug I've found to do with Gallipolli. If you do the events and then fail to take gallipolli the dissent hit comes up. Several months later though I keep randomly getting the message come up saying the landing was a success.

Uh... Please report this in the DH-full tech support; AAR does contain no fixes for WW1, beyond enhancing the existing peace-events.

Make sure you remove the ministers from the dormant file via commenting out then.

Btw: could you please send over your modifications, so i can take a look at it, and help debug them? People here are very eager to get AAR 1.4.0, and it would help, if you too, if i can test, balance and debug them
I remember commenting about a code freeze a while back...we ought to consider using it for the next release. It might be better to just have more micro-releases.

I remember commenting about a code freeze a while back...we ought to consider using it for the next release. It might be better to just have more micro-releases.

For the future, that makes sense. I hope these events can be finished within the next one or two days, else I'll just release what's there.

BTW: for the next time, as more and more other modders seem to be developing based on AAR, i imagine it would make sense to also offer some kind of timetable, here on the forums. The Website already has the milestone-planning functionality, but i guess many modders won't got there.

Last edited:
You mean ex. Greece Improvement Package? I don't know how much we can incorporate of that without huge changes on our end since they have a new 1911 scenario in that one. Maybe we can integrate the non 1911 stuff now and merge the 1911 in later (ex 1.5.0)?

You know if we should see if Minister Improvement mod can be added? I think they are being added to vanilla for 1.03 so we might not need to do it.

Imo, we're already at 1.4.1 release, haha.
_______
Active modders(?):
Burning - Everything
jamiroquai000 - GIP
Limith- AAR and CCIP
KF - Ministers
makif130289 - AAR
Sagreas - AAR
_______
Possible mergers:
Bizon - NWO2
Tormentor - Minister Improvement Mod
Multiple-TRP
Multiple-KR

AAR might become a different name if we merge with NWO2 though....something like CORE for DH XD.

Last edited:
General request to Burning/other modders:

Please have a comment of the event name somewhere either in the event or above the start of the event.
Makes finding/making images for events much faster since I don't have to constantly scroll back up to the top.

That is, unless you already made an image for the event.

That aside, why are there so many whitespaces in the event files at the end of lines?!

Also, I'm looking through the AAR events database, and I saw this which made no sense
Code:
# lift embargo
		command = { trigger = { event = 2001534 } type = stockpile which = all when = war value = 20 }

Last edited:
That aside, why are there so many whitespaces in the event files at the end of lines?!
Maybe because of the original conversion from Calc -> Text? I honestly don't know... i'd love to reformat ALL the event files, because currently whirespaces and tabs are mixed, thus result in very bad formatting in general. Unfortunately I don't know any code formatting tool (like JIndent), which can be scripted to support the HOI2 event-code. If anyone know one, I'd love to know!

Also, I'm looking through the AAR events database, and I saw this which made no sense
Code:
# lift embargo
		command = { trigger = { event = 2001534 } type = stockpile which = all when = war value = 20 }

Actually this does make sense, because "Germany's unrestricted submarine warfare"(2001534) and the "British Blockade"(2191541) adds the following to modifier, but no event actually removes it, after WW1 is over:
Code:
command = { type = stockpile which = all when = war value = -20 }

That's why U08 and ENG get that cleaned up by the WW1-is-over events.

Oh, and thanks for the code review! The code really needs it :).

Last edited:
You mean ex. Greece Improvement Package? I don't know how much we can incorporate of that without huge changes on our end since they have a new 1911 scenario in that one. Maybe we can integrate the non 1911 stuff now and merge the 1911 in later (ex 1.5.0)?

You know if we should see if Minister Improvement mod can be added? I think they are being added to vanilla for 1.03 so we might not need to do it.
AFAIR yes, but i've lost track, to be honest.

Imo, we're already at 1.4.1 release, haha.
In a sense ;-)

AAR might become a different name if we merge with NWO2 though....something like CORE for DH XD.

Oh, i actually like the name Arms, Armistice and Revolutions annd want to keep that name. Bascially AAR IS becoming something like CORE was once during the HOI1 times. However, first, the name CORE is associated with a couple of great people already. And CORE kind of tended to never get off the ground after HOI1, i wouldn't like to introduce that into DH. :D (don't get me wrong: chasing perfection is something to be appreciated, but if development thereby gets outpaced by the main-games patches, it becomes an issue)

However, i was thinking of making AAR into something like the Staging-Tree for Linux-Kernel code, just for DH (and without penguins). A place where Mods can be guided to mature and evolve, stabilize, so they can easily be integrated into DH at some point. Imho this would be very important, because syncing mods to the most recent development version of DH seems to be rather much work.

Incidentally Burning, I found out something about your usage of Civil War you might want to take a look at (136)

Essentially, try not to use civil war in your events for rebel factions unless it really is a civil war.
There's a bug I found with the current N. Ireland chain. Civil war doesn't work without a regular_id = <> tag. However, adding this means you run into the problem of giving the new civil war factions all of your current cores and claims, NOT that from the revolt file. This means independence and DoW is the only way to go for Ireland "civil war" from England.

____
Maybe because of the original conversion from Calc -> Text? I honestly don't know... i'd love to reformat ALL the event files, because currently whirespaces and tabs are mixed, thus result in very bad formatting in general. Unfortunately I don't know any code formatting tool (like JIndent), which can be scripted to support the HOI2 event-code. If anyone know one, I'd love to know!
I know eclipse has autoformat but I have no idea how to write a "language" in Eclipse...it wouldn't be bad tbh for someone to write on in eclipse, I don't mind autocomplete once I type command = { for it to pop up a list of commands XD.

Last edited:
I know eclipse has autoformat but I have no idea how to write a "language" in Eclipse...it wouldn't be bad tbh for someone to write on in eclipse, I don't mind autocomplete once I type command = { for it to pop up a list of commands XD.
Indeed :-D. I'm currently using netbeans for development (and visual studio for windows dev-ing). I looked into adding a language to netbeans, but it seems to be hardcoded somewhere. I'll see what i can do with eclipse (though, i HATE the eclipse interface, it's too crowded and full of sub-sub-sub-sub-...-sublayers for buttons to get to sublayers... just like Word 97)