• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Post 1.03, we won't have old ministers problems if the database is updated properly to include deathdate. We'll have MISSING ministers problems. Just an fyi.

It'll be good if someone contributes the minister set for other countries such as Germany.

Did you fix the list of events without event names I posted in http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/ticket/123?

Burning is fixing tons of bugs. We'll try to get it out soon, but I think you can wait a bit for a more stable release. :)

There is an unofficial pre-bugfix version that was released very recently. Look some posts back for it.

Ok, I will look at German ministers. Do you want me to add ministers into csv files ( with pictures ) or you want events that will appoint these ministers ? I can do both of them.

Any other nations that need ministers sorting out? I had, for the DH guys, been sorting out the HUN and U13 ministers for 1918-36. So I am more or less finished with that, just need to add U13 leaders for the soviet republic in 1919.

I can take British, Irish and French ministers for the moment. For them though it will have to be ministers only as for the Heads of Army etc I wouldn't be the best for filling them out.

Also if they can't have dollar sign s I guess that ruins my plan to have Kei$ha as chairman of the Soviet Politburo

Right first changes I'm gonna make are to the Ireland ministers as they would be the ones I have the most knowledge about straight off.

Quick scan has about seven dead men in the lists and the fact that two of them can be picked in 36 will have to be the first fixed. Can't wait for the retirement year as that will make some of these changes a lot easier.

Right first changes I'm gonna make are to the Ireland ministers as they would be the ones I have the most knowledge about straight off.

Quick scan has about seven dead men in the lists and the fact that two of them can be picked in 36 will have to be the first fixed. Can't wait for the retirement year as that will make some of these changes a lot easier.

What is the difference of end date and this new retirement date ? AFAIK, you can't use ministers after their death date, so what is the purpose of "retirement" ?

What is the difference of end date and this new retirement date ? AFAIK, you can't use ministers after their death date, so what is the purpose of "retirement" ?

Well so far I'm having ministers still in office after their end year. Take for example Donal Buckley whose end year I've changed to 1937. Yet right through to 38 he's still in job. The retirement year should I think force him out at the given year.

Well so far I'm having ministers still in office after their end year. Take for example Donal Buckley whose end year I've changed to 1937. Yet right through to 38 he's still in job. The retirement year should I think force him out at the given year.
That's correct.
The endyear now is checked only to wake ministers, especially at scenario start or when a new country is created. If a minister has Endyear equal to 1938 for example, it will appear in the 1936 scenario but not on the 1939 scenario (and if a country is created in 1939, for example Slovakia, it won't be loaded in its minister lists).

That's correct.
The endyear now is checked only to wake ministers, especially at scenario start or when a new country is created. If a minister has Endyear equal to 1938 for example, it will appear in the 1936 scenario but not on the 1939 scenario (and if a country is created in 1939, for example Slovakia, it won't be loaded in its minister lists).

Then that right there will be damn useful. I can definitely update some ministers with that.

Here is a the release candidate for AAR version 1.4.0. Test, if you like.

http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/export/348/aarmod-1.4.0-rc1.zip
Apply this archive on top of a fresh DH-full copy, do not copy it over a preexisting AAR version. Old savegames are incompatible.

Unless there are major issues with this, 1.4.0 will be released this weekend.

Any other nations that need ministers sorting out? I had, for the DH guys, been sorting out the HUN and U13 ministers for 1918-36. So I am more or less finished with that, just need to add U13 leaders for the soviet republic in 1919.

That would be great; If you like to help, take a look at the above version, you will see pretty quickly what nations are missing ministers.

Last edited:
Here is a the release candidate for AAR version 1.4.0. Test, if you like.

http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/export/348/aarmod-1.4.0-rc1.zip
Apply this archive on top of a fresh DH-full copy, do not copy it over a preexisting AAR version. Old savegames are incompatible.

Unless there are major issues with this, 1.4.0 will be released this weekend.

That would be great; If you like to help, take a look at the above version, you will see pretty quickly what nations are missing ministers.

Could you perhaps post a changelog? Would help to see what to focus on testing.

Unofficial changelog:
Code:
AAR Changelog v1.4.0 RC1
*more names/descriptions for austria and hungary added
*event-trigger glitch with alternative-CP event fixed 
*added central powers puppets cleanup event, in case germany has released puppet nations and was defeated afterwards
*added missing localizations from wiki
*fixed a bit more localization
*registered event-id range for alternative history CP events 
*tweaks to the german economic-AI
*fixes to various events
*fixed the Turkish war on kurdistan
*resolved a logics bug in the English supplies for Saudia Arabia event
*more russian civil war tweaks
*some grammar and spelling sanitizing for the worst typos.
*fixed syntax errors in the infrastructure events 
*added makif130289's turkey enhancement pack; Thanks!
*some more fixes to the Yugoslavia events
*some more tweaks to the russian civil war
*in the russian civil war, puppeted fractions no longer DOW the USSR 
*in case Ukraine is released/liberted by rebels, it will join the Russian Civil War 
*poland now also gets the peace of riga, if it peaces out without the events
*fixed a major bug in the great depression, (type in flagname)
*Ottomans will now also release hadjez or end mastery over them
*if a democratic or fascist nation has a lot of money and has a non-free economy, it will have the chance to spend money to create jobs or invest into public infrastructure.
*more fixes to the great depression
*If nations have sufficient money, they can offer contracts for building or extending infrastructure or airports 
*a lot of great depression tweaking
*Ottomans will not hand over Hadjez to Saudi Arabia, if they conquered it during WW1 and are beaten
*Integrated CZE events
*Russian Civil war balancing
*reorganized aar-events.txt 
*Czechslovakia and Romania events modified
*poland should now also act furiously
*hungary events fixed a bit more (derelict Slovak SSR now gets annexed after HSSR collapsed) 
*CZE now also receives some free starting divisions after WW1 is over
*hungarian even fixes, HSSR no longer stays around forever
*included romanian events (just two, for wars)
*weihmar germany now no longer keeps the monarchs around
*russia is now furious, while in civil war (no more peacing out) 
*fixed austrian localization (must not contain % [is colorcode], " and ; ) 
*Austria-Hungary treaty with Italy added, fixed many bugs in Italy events
*Various Austria Events mods.csv updates
AAR Changelog v1.3.3 (UNOFFICIAL DEVELOPMENT SNAPSHOT)
*poland should now also act furiously
*CZE now also receives some free starting divisions after WW1 is over
*included romanian events (just two, for wars)
*weihmar germany now no longer keeps the monarchs around
*Hindenburg now comes into power upon tagchange for germany, to allow the 1933 events to trigger properly
*Correct Hitler comes into power upon the fall of the republic (was: 1 HOS, is: 22 HOG), to allow the 1933 events to trigger properly
*USA now force returns Mexico land if one of the factions remains alive as MEX.
*new Tibetan events added
*some love for Stalin's and Trotsky's cabinet (Stalin + Kalinin vs Trotsky)
*Italy now annexes Senussi, if it somehow is leftover after WW1
*added Romania events
*increased industria_modifier for 1914 germany by 15%, due to balancing reasons
*your people will be unhappy, if you don't participate in peacekeeping conferences
*some hungarian fixups
*yugoslavia now gets a bigger starting army after WW1, to help it deal with it's rebels and civil war.
*Reparation is much more expensive.
*Fixed Yugoslavia country name.
*some fixes to the related minister files, which contained some duplicates and typos.
*Added USA, ENG, FRA elections. (thanks nymet260!)
*Added Hungary-Czech war.
*Modified German AI
*added trigger fixes to greece's events
*fixed a script-error in the demobilization events
*Reparations has been modified to include the Dawes and Young plans.
*Roaring 20s and dustbowl events added for USA.
*AI for the Russian Civil War has been modified slightly.
*AAR-History has been removed
*Added minister changing events for Austria and Hungary
*Added hungary ministers
*Added yugoslavia ministers
*Added austria ministers
*Added austria events
*New minister personalities added.
 *Some changes to revolt.txt
        -CHC revolt date pushed back to May 4th Movement, 1919 per historic.
        -CHC minimum is 3
        -U87 revolt = no
        -MAN revolt = no
        -MEN revolt = no
        -U87 minimum = 10
*Added aggressive, warmongering, hostile Canadian Techteams
*Added Newfoundland Techteams
*added hungarian events
*changed CZE AI event range, as it was different from the regular CZE event game
*in Yemeni event 13301624, moved leave_alliance ahead of the peace commands, to make them properly peace out from WW1
 *added pics for Latvia minister/leader/tech team
*added minister/leaders/tech teams for Latvia
*Changed Shanxi name to include Clique
*hopefully fixed the austrian-anschluss fixup event
*enhanced the trigger of the airforce limitation events (disarmament)
 *fixed poland event 2193502 in 1914/POL - Poland.txt, to show correct button texts
*Integration of CCIP into AAR.
*New pictures added
*Numerous CCIP fixes.
*fixed a lot of belligerence bugs (which -> value)
*added a airforce limit, to prevent STR deathstacks from being formed
*Updated Asia colors to avoid conflicts.
*CHI now has CGX color LightBrown?.
*U74 is modified to DarkGray?.
*CGX now has CHI color Blue.
*Revolter KAZ is modified to DarkBlue? since it had the same color as UCH and the two can border.
*CXB is modified to a different shade of green to differentiate from RUS.
Yes, we made MANY changes since the release of the last nightly (1.3.3) in 1.4.0 RC1. We have much in store for 1.4.1/1.4.2/1.5.0. Economic Overhaul, Generic Resources System, Alternative History, and at least 5 other major features in the pipeline. We're short on devs though, so it'll be a while until those systems get finished.

Last edited:
Hey Burning, if you could wait until tomorrow for new version release, I will send events for German presidential and federal elections between 1919-1932.
Sure, please make sure to format the events though, they are VERY difficult to debug, if they are not formatted.

I'm happy to see an election folder, what about creating a death and resignments one in DH Full style?
I don't quite understand what you mean. Resignation events should not be needed anymore, as 1.03 will have retirement-dates for ministers and leaders, not just deathdates.

Sure, please make sure to format the events though, they are VERY difficult to debug, if they are not formatted.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Resignation events should not be needed anymore, as 1.03 will have retirement-dates for ministers and leaders, not just deathdates.

They will be for China...since the ministers become reavailable after a given period. Unless I create duplicate ministers with different start/death dates...

Oh political intrigue, how I hate it. On average ministers changed more than once a year :S

you know that in DH Full there's a .txt (not a folder, sorry) for elections and death events, don't you? I just downloaded the release candidate 1.4.0 and noticed that you added an elections folder with elections event file inside and I really appreciate the thing, so I wondered if we could use another folder like this but for the resignations instead, for ministers that resign from their position, but come back years later

you know that in DH Full there's a .txt (not a folder, sorry) for elections and death events, don't you? I just downloaded the release candidate 1.4.0 and noticed that you added an elections folder with elections event file inside and I really appreciate the thing
I very much dislike the way event organization is handled in DH currently.
You've got a set of files, which contain events sorted either for purpose, scenario, event-type, nation, war or something completely different :). Also, most files simply contain too many individual events. This makes it very difficult to keep locate individual events.

I wondered if we could use another folder like this but for the resignations instead, for ministers that resign from their position, but come back years later
Well, having subfolders for significant categories like elections, revolutions, grand alliances (Axis/Central-Powers, Allies, ...), economic events always helps. I'm not quite sure resignations should have a distinct folder, simply as they either should be obsolete in 1.03, are closely linked to Elections or other events, or are needed for very special environments (as Limith just stated: CCIP's mechanics).

However, feel free to move Economic events to a subfolder, alliance/diplomatic events to another, and so on. Just make sure to change the event paths in aar-events.txt (i noticed you didn't in the past).

If you want I can send you the work I had done on HUN and U13. I asked the DH guys if I should do the Soviet Republic ministers/leaders separately from the counter-revolutionary/non-leftist regime (HUN) and use the 1919 ones in the U13 tag. Posted them up in the DH 1914 scenario forum bit/part/thing. yes.

If you want I can send you the work I had done on HUN and U13. I asked the DH guys if I should do the Soviet Republic ministers/leaders separately from the counter-revolutionary/non-leftist regime (HUN) and use the 1919 ones in the U13 tag. Posted them up in the DH 1914 scenario forum bit/part/thing. yes.

If those are in the Darkest Hour repo already, then thanks for the hint! I've lost track of what changed in the DH-Full databases, and it's definitely less work for you if you tell me which minister dbs are already extended in the DH-repo, so i can sync AAR to those files. :) (unless the Devs object to this.)