• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unless I personally edited an event, most of the events in AAR lack proper pictures. You don't need to see the pictures cause there aren't any.

There are event pictures but they are for DH Core. I mean bigger sized old HOI2 event pictures. These events are not stated as style = 2. I assume that this is on purpose so as to use old style event pictures ? I am currently deleting style = 2 line from events which use old HOI2 event pictures.

There are event pictures but they are for DH Core. I mean bigger sized old HOI2 event pictures. These events are not stated as style = 2. I assume that this is on purpose so as to use old style event pictures ? I am currently deleting style = 2 line from events which use old HOI2 event pictures.

They are placeholder pictures. Burning tends to use style = 0 ones though for some reason.

http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/ticket/76

Ok, here it is :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f0uq09i87o9ckl6/AAR-AUS-Austria.rar

My notes :

+ I deleted style = 2 from events having old HOI2 style event pictures.
+ I added news_paper picture for all missing events.
+ Corrected Event descriptions numbers for many events.
+ Added descriptions for all events except for the first one.
+ I didn't find 1932 elections for Austria. I guess it was cabinet change caused by the collapse of Creditanstalt. I added a description anyway, just want to let you know.

I may also help with other works, just ask :)

Ok, here it is :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f0uq09i87o9ckl6/AAR-AUS-Austria.rar

My notes :

+ I deleted style = 2 from events having old HOI2 style event pictures.
+ I added news_paper picture for all missing events.
+ Corrected Event descriptions numbers for many events.
+ Added descriptions for all events except for the first one.
+ I didn't find 1932 elections for Austria. I guess it was cabinet change caused by the collapse of Creditanstalt. I added a description anyway, just want to let you know.

I may also help with other works, just ask :)

Awesome! I (or Limith) will add the changes to the repository ASAP. Today evening i will play a game into the 1930's, just to make sure it all works roughly as intended, and then i will release the next version (unless we still have a blocker somewhere). Is that alright with you, Limith?

They are placeholder pictures. Burning tends to use style = 0 ones though for some reason.

http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/ticket/76
Uh, actually i'm really bad with graphics, so i just chose images at random from what was already there. Feel free to rearrange. ;-)

playing with france post ww1 and these gearing restrictions don't seem to work properly, first it says it's limited to 50 editions, and than when the restrictions are lifted, and my army exceeds number 50 restrictions are back and disarm me once again, and it goes all over and over again

playing with france post ww1 and these gearing restrictions don't seem to work properly, first it says it's limited to 50 editions, and than when the restrictions are lifted, and my army exceeds number 50 restrictions are back and disarm me once again, and it goes all over and over again

Is this with the development snapshot, or the latest stable release?

Last edited:
development snapshot...

Right, please create a bug-ticket on the AAR website, and upload your savegame there. (not here)
Make sure to describe precisely when the event triggered for you, and under what conditions.

Awesome! I (or Limith) will add the changes to the repository ASAP. Today evening i will play a game into the 1930's, just to make sure it all works roughly as intended, and then i will release the next version (unless we still have a blocker somewhere). Is that alright with you, Limith?

Uh, actually i'm really bad with graphics, so i just chose images at random from what was already there. Feel free to rearrange. ;-)

I'm working on an Asian Climate Research Assistant project right now (funny, the first thing I found when doing article reviews was a paper published by my professor) so I won't be able to test.

I have two small changes I made which hasn't been uploaded to svn (2 pictures for the USA elections events, which incidentally need a rework since some of the candidates are incorrect, but it's not blocker status). That aside, everything sounds good (besides the unresolved 1000+ soviet IC? I think that's a design flaw with how soviets can avoid IC sanitation events. Imo the events feel semi-broken).

You did remove the vp everywhere for the release version right Burning? I know how much people will complain if we don't (I like vp everywhere though, don't need to remove from dev).

Send me a list of events you want pictures for Burning and I can work on it over break.

I have two small changes I made which hasn't been uploaded to svn (2 pictures for the USA elections events, which incidentally need a rework since some of the candidates are incorrect, but it's not blocker status). That aside, everything sounds good (besides the unresolved 1000+ soviet IC? I think that's a design flaw with how soviets can avoid IC sanitation events. Imo the events feel semi-broken).
Sure, if i get it, i will fix it. Though, I've never seen that in my games. Maybe something broke in the last few weeks, but we will see.

Send me a list of events you want pictures for Burning and I can work on it over break.
Easy: events 13300000 - 13399999 and 133000000 -133999999 -> All! :D

Sure, if i get it, i will fix it. Though, I've never seen that in my games. Maybe something broke in the last few weeks, but we will see.

Easy: events 13300000 - 13399999 and 133000000 -133999999 -> All! :D

Hi Burning, I am waiting eagerly for final release. I could also help with anything except for AI coding and advanced gfx.

Credits so far (alphabetically ordered):

AAR Developers: Burning, Limith
Current and Past Contributors: El_que, Horton13, Nymet260, Pasalietis, Sargeras, Steppen,

Special Thanks to:
AC, clanjay, delanonne, dukeofboom, Fernando, kaiserfranz, KF, mib, old'joe, Tipsy3000, whatguts

If anyone feel he has contributed to AAR, but is not named here, please tell.

I was thinking something along the lines of which ones are priority.
Most Important: The Interwar economics events, disarmament and naval treaties.

edit: resorted list alphabetically

Last edited:
Besides general bug-reportting, I've contributed hundreds of MBs of save-games on a number of occasions. Not sure if these are the kinds of things that would constitute that, but all-the-same.

Uh, you are right, the list is supposed to be complete, nobody should be forgotten. It should contain everybody who has added event chains, AI scripts, localizations, database stuff (ministers, leaders, ...), or in the case of el_que or limith whole scenarios and a mod :D.

The only exception from that matter are dukeofboom, mib and clanjay, who developed CCIP for HOI2, DD and ARMA respectively before Limith took it over. I have not included frequent participants in discussions, because this would add about 200 names to the list and defeat the purpose of a credit-list.

If i have overlooked something you have submitted, I'm very sorry. The thread is already nearly 60 pages long, so that might have happened, and my memory might just have slipped. Would be cool if you cross-linked yours, so i can give proper credit to you in the mods event files.

Last edited:
Uh, you are right, the list is supposed to be complete, nobody should be forgotten. It should contain everybody who has added event chains, AI scripts, localizations, database stuff (ministers, leaders, ...), or in the case of el_que or limith whole scenarios and a mod :D.

The only exception from that matter are dukeofboom, mib and clanjay, who developed CCIP for HOI2, DD and ARMA respectively before Limith took it over. I have not included frequent participants in discussions, because this would add about 200 names to the list and defeat the purpose of a credit-list.

If i have overlooked something you have submitted, I'm very sorry. The thread is already nearly 60 pages long, so that might have happened, and my memory might just have slipped. Would be cool if you cross-linked yours, so i can give proper credit to you in the mods event files.

Hey Burning, who cares about credits, just give us new release :)

Word! Imho you are absolutely right, that's why there has been no credits section up until now. I usually don't consider those lists to be very useful, as it's like those "clan roosters" pages from 1997, with some 13 y/o being clanleader of clan "yooo-evil-mama-fraggaz", who are the most-pro clan in call of lulz AND THE HOLE WURLD (n00pz Bew4r). But i was asked, so here it is :).

BTW: in my current AAR game i've progressed into 1925; The Russian Civil War has just ended and the ex HungarianSSR is a peaceful democracy again (for now, but as I've read the events, this is about to change in the coming years). Oh, and China has another round of hurt going.

edit: replaced meanest with most-pro

Last edited:

Well...in addition to credits, ticket 122 includes:
QC 1.3.3 RC, Update Wiki, Push 1.3.3. I think Burning's working on the QC right now. I already saw a few fixes made by him. :)

China's pretty peaceful imo...I think its cause I only bothered with placeholder events post 1920. How's the Tibetan events going? Hopefully they work properly.

If you want, you can try and fix http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/ticket/98 once you get to it (or send me a savegame right before).

I want to make a limited war between Fengtian and Japan but I'm not sure how to. Any ideas Burning? Fengtian is Natchi's puppet, so the ai DoW's Japan by default if Japan DoW's Fengtian.

Last edited:
The Russian Civil War has just ended and the ex HungarianSSR is a peaceful democracy again (for now, but as I've read the events, this is about to change in the coming years).

My Russian civil war went off until 1932... Can I presume, that the fascist Hungary mishap has been eliminated in AAR?