• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi!
I don't know if anyone reported it, but I played both with Japan and Germany, but I am not able to build tank units in 1939, although I have technology (there aren't any in production menu). Also, with Germany, events with Hitler never occurred. Can you please tell me if you are working on it? And when can we expect the new version of your, otherwise, excellent mod?

Have you researched the proper land doctrines? It takes a doctrine to build tank divisions and not just armored brigades.

Yes, of course I have, I've been playing this game since it got out. I have all necessary doctrines, but I just can't see them in my unit production menu (it doesn't offer them to me to build them).
Do you know, has it already been reported as a bug, especially this thing about not having pre-WWII events with Germany?

You need armoured division formation (1934) to build tank invidually, or with simple tech, you can attach tanks as brigades to other units.

Imho this is not a place for discussing philosophical questions or doing debates on principles.

I don't think I'm the only one guilty on this. I tried to focus my discussion on how to apply the idea to the events and give the player options that are more accurate.

Hi!
I don't know if anyone reported it, but I played both with Japan and Germany, but I am not able to build tank units in 1939, although I have technology (there aren't any in production menu). Also, with Germany, events with Hitler never occurred. Can you please tell me if you are working on it? And when can we expect the new version of your, otherwise, excellent mod?

I had that in the last game I played too. The Nazi who came to power in Germany in my game was I think Herman Esser in 1930. It's probably because Hitler doesn't became available as a minister in the database until 1933. With the slight mods I did to the events for Italy Mussolini did come to power in 1923.

You need armoured division formation (1934) to build tank invidually, or with simple tech, you can attach tanks as brigades to other units.

One thing that bothers me is that the armored division formation r&d doesn't became available until after other r&d's that are well after 1934. Perhaps it should be dependent on the mobility focus and manpower focus r&d's in 1930 and the r&d following the other main doctrines (the one in 1936) rather than being further down in the list. As it is it would be very hard for even the Germans to get any panzer divisions before 1937 or 1938.

I'm playing Canada at very easy setting in the 1933 scenario and I just got the r&d to build armor divisions in mid 1940.

There's another point when a tank r&d in 1928 is dependent on an armored car r&d in 1929.

Interesting tidbit that could be added to the mod:
Three years after the Tsar gave the Faberge egg to his wife he was in deep, deep trouble. The Bolsheviks had removed him from power and were looking to finish the job by killing him and his family. In this moment of dire need, he turned to his first cousin, King George V, and pleaded to be given exile in Britain. The King refused, worried that by acquiescing to his relative's request he would threaten his own popularity.
BBC

Game crashes when event:
event = {
id = 2191535 # Bolsheviks bows to our initial conditions
country = U08

#triggered by SOV 2007503

name = "EVT1914_2191535_NAME"
desc = "EVT1914_2191535_DESC"
style = 1
picture = "news_paper"

action_a = {
ai_chance = 90
name = "EVT1914_2191535_ACTIONA" # Impose Brest-Litovsk treaty (Historical)
command = { trigger = { NOT = { exists = FIN } } type = independence which = FIN value = 1 }
#If these provinces (which may be owned by Volunteers' Army) are controlled by Germany, they are giving back to the Soviets
command = { trigger = { control = { province = 552 data = U08 } } type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 552 when = 1 } #Gdov
command = { trigger = { control = { province = 566 data = U08 } } type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 566 when = 1 } #Pskov
command = { type = trigger which = 2007516 } #peace with SOV
command = { type = event which = 2007505 where = SOV when = 1 } # The Brest Litovsk Treaty : harsh conditions
}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 6
name = "EVT1914_2191535_ACTIONB" # Impose soft conditions
command = { trigger = { NOT = { exists = FIN } } type = independence which = FIN value = 1 }
#If these provinces (which may be owned by Volunteers' Army) are controlled by Germany, they are giving back to the Soviets
command = { trigger = { control = { province = 552 data = U08 } } type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 552 when = 1 } #Gdov
command = { trigger = { control = { province = 566 data = U08 } } type = secedeprovince which = SOV value = 566 when = 1 } #Pskov
command = { type = trigger which = 2007516 } #peace with SOV
command = { type = event which = 2007504 where = SOV when = 1 } # The Brest Litovsk Treaty : soft conditions
}
action_c = {
ai_chance = 4
name = "EVT1914_2191535_ACTIONC" # Crush the reds till the end
command = { type = dissent value = 10 }
}
}

No crashes action_c....?

Yes, but I played until 1935 with Germany, and there's no Hitler and other events.
Is there a way to activate them somehow during the game, because I managed to rebuild Germany on Hard/Furious, and can't wait for WW!! to begin.

Yes, but I played until 1935 with Germany, and there's no Hitler and other events.
Is there a way to activate them somehow during the game, because I managed to rebuild Germany on Hard/Furious, and can't wait for WW!! to begin.

The only way I've found to get proper ministers is to manually move from one ideology to another via the Freedom cheat, than back again. If it's in the proper time period, you'll get an Adolf for your nation.

Thanks a lot for this. I managed to change ideology, and waited for some 9 months, but nothing happened. There hasn't been any change in government/ministers, and there were no events triggered (for example: changing the flag, A.H. came to power etc).

Thanks a lot for this. I managed to change ideology, and waited for some 9 months, but nothing happened. There hasn't been any change in government/ministers, and there were no events triggered (for example: changing the flag, A.H. came to power etc).

Use the cheat to change from a Nationalist regime to a Democracy, than back again. If you're in the correct time-period, I can guarantee that you'll have Adolf in power, I've done this over a dozen times with this mod. Don't wait to do it in-game since it will never occur.

OK Arnold, thank you, I am going to try it right now. And what about other events, such as changing the flag and then later Night of the Long Knives, Anschlüsse of Austria etc?

Weird, I'm playing a Jap campaign and the Third Reich event/switch to Hitler happened in game. Maybe the event just doesn't fire for the human player if they are Germany?

You have my full support for this mod, it's the best thing I've ever seen, when it comes to PC games.:)
I can offer my help with historical events, especially when it comes to Balkans.
Anyway, I don't know what happened, I don't know how to put an image here, so you could see it for yourself. Something went wrong in the chain of events when I play with Germany, and I have this event "censorship" occurring every 2-3 months, taking dissent up for 2% every time, it's pretty annoying.