• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
maybe i can create some tech teams?

But the empty leadership errors are an easy fix for your guy, i think. You might want to consider a 100% historical AAR scenario for those who have OCD with history (me).

maybe i can create some tech teams?

But the empty leadership errors are an easy fix for your guy, i think. You might want to consider a 100% historical AAR scenario for those who have OCD with history (me).
Know how to fix: yes
Easy to fix: yes
Time to fix: no

That's the problem, in nearly all open source projects ;).

If you want to do some techteams, awesome! Here is how a techteam looks like:
Code:
#ARA = Country Name
#ARA;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2; ... ;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
560001;Arab Bank;T9400;4;1900;1970;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

The one important thing is, that the techteam IDs (very first column) need to be unique.
"Pic Name" means the file name of the picture, as it resides in "\gfx\interface\pics", in this case, it would be t9400.bmp

Hey guys this is a really good mod. Have you given any thought to including an event chain for the Anglo-Japanese Alliance? One of the great missed diplomatic opportunities post WW1 was not keeping Japan in the democratic camp. An event chain to prevent this would be an interesting play through. Of course one of the reasons Britain abandoned in real life was the pressure put on them from USA who did not approve of the alliance. Perhaps a downgrading of relations with Washington would be one of the drawbacks to preserving the alliance (for both London and Tokyo).

Hey guys this is a really good mod. Have you given any thought to including an event chain for the Anglo-Japanese Alliance? One of the great missed diplomatic opportunities post WW1 was not keeping Japan in the democratic camp. An event chain to prevent this would be an interesting play through. Of course one of the reasons Britain abandoned in real life was the pressure put on them from USA who did not approve of the alliance. Perhaps a downgrading of relations with Washington would be one of the drawbacks to preserving the alliance (for both London and Tokyo).

Errr....I thought it was fighting over the Shangdong concessions. Anglo-Japanese alliance wouldn't have worked that well irl given Japanese anger at the west after Versailles. Japan would've been quite likely to abandon the alliance after.

Japan never stayed within the Democratic camp because the Civilian Leadership had no control over its military or foreign policy. Her military viewed UK, Russia, USA, and China were viewed as strategic rivals. UK for control over India, being allied to Australia, and contentions over resources in SEA. USA for being a naval and imperial power (Phillippines for example), Russia over the Far East, and China for resources in Northeastern Asia. Given Germany's position in WWII, a military alliance with Germany was much more likely than one with strategic economic rivals.

Last edited:
Churchill wrote as late as 1940 that there were many in British circles who considered abandoning the alliance a mistake. I have no doubt that there were other considerations at play when the alliance was terminated, including many of the excellent points you raised above. However if Britain (and Australia in particular) made some more concrete concessions at Versailles it is very easy imo to keep Japan in the allied camp. There might need to be a point of divergence during WW1 itself - perhaps they send an expeditionary force to the trenches in France or a substantial naval battle group. Maybe they don't make their demands of China either. All I am saying is that in this excellent mod it would be interesting to pursue this alternate world through some event chains. Don't forget that in real life Germany was quite close with Nationalist China and you could possibly have a scenario where China is axis and Japan allied.

Know how to fix: yes
Easy to fix: yes
Time to fix: no

That's the problem, in nearly all open source projects ;).

If you want to do some techteams, awesome! Here is how a techteam looks like:
Code:
#ARA = Country Name
#ARA;Name;Pic Name;Skill;Start Year;End Year;Speciality1;Speciality2; ... ;Speciality31;Speciality32;x
560001;Arab Bank;T9400;4;1900;1970;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

The one important thing is, that the techteam IDs (very first column) need to be unique.
"Pic Name" means the file name of the picture, as it resides in "\gfx\interface\pics", in this case, it would be t9400.bmp

OK, I'll get started over the weekend.

White Russian Army - Land doctrine
White Russian Air Force - Air doctrine
White Russian Industry - Industry tech
White Russian Weapons - Infantry/Tank/Aircraft research

These would be generic teams and apply to ALL White Russian factions. I'll attach my work with some pictures for you when im done.

ONE MORE THING, can anyone tell me what the country IDs for The Volunteers Army, Arkhangelsk, Turkestan and Ufa Directory are?

I'll also need to know all the skills and what their numbers are.

Last edited:
Churchill wrote as late as 1940 that there were many in British circles who considered abandoning the alliance a mistake. I have no doubt that there were other considerations at play when the alliance was terminated, including many of the excellent points you raised above. However if Britain (and Australia in particular) made some more concrete concessions at Versailles it is very easy imo to keep Japan in the allied camp. There might need to be a point of divergence during WW1 itself - perhaps they send an expeditionary force to the trenches in France or a substantial naval battle group. Maybe they don't make their demands of China either. All I am saying is that in this excellent mod it would be interesting to pursue this alternate world through some event chains. Don't forget that in real life Germany was quite close with Nationalist China and you could possibly have a scenario where China is axis and Japan allied.

Nationalist China wasn't really allied with Germany, but a Sino-Axis alliance is sort've possible if the other factions antagonize China enough. Jiang Jieshi played the different alliances tbh. He took help from the Comintern, Allies, and Axis during the interwar period. Competition over influence in China existed during the era. Jiang himself wasn't dedicated to any ideology. His government in Taiwan had central control and was very authoritarian (it had similar heavy industry led development plan as PRC to be honest). In terms of political rights, it was very authoritarian as PRC as well (one can say it was more authoritarian than PRC before he was being kicked off of the mainland). At the same time, Jiang was not a fascist (he became more democratic as time went on, he began as a fascist, Wang Jingwei on the other hand began as a LWR and ended up as a fascist, ironic eh).

Could you state what the unit limit is during the interwar period? Would greatly aide wasting manpower due to the guessing game required, especially when you have to what so long for units and ships to be built.

I take it you are very busy Burning?

Might have another intermediate AAR-CCIP release mid-February. I integrated CCIP into AAR fully though, so it isn't a separate fork anymore.
Sure thing, I'll release the next version of AAR, as soon as the initial two exams are over (nasty math... my precious!). I won't have time to test a lot over the next two weeks, but after that' we are good to go. I just don't want to release something i haven't played myself, seeing that everything works as it should.

This is also a nice coincident, because there seem to be two major contributions coming in: election events for the major nations (yea!) and sargeras' hungarian and austrian events. Thus, the next AAR version will be something big.

As a fyi, I might need to modify a vanilla event (add 21 demands relevancy) burning (making it a prereq for Japanese Ultimatum on Germany). It was either that or modifying Versailles peace event (which would be a pain to do). I dunno...would be good if you had any ideas on how to make the decision essentially mandatory for a human player (ai will always push for it).

Idea is if Japan doesn't push for 21 demands (which adds claims on Qingdao and Shangdong area), then T. Entente wouldn't support giving the territory to them in Versailles.
Go ahead, imho you are right.

Eh, I just wrote out a post with a bit of feedback but I realised it's probably better suited for bug reports. Just wanted to say cheers for the work and it's going to be great when it's finished!

thanks!

Could you state what the unit limit is during the interwar period? Would greatly aide wasting manpower due to the guessing game required, especially when you have to what so long for units and ships to be built.

The limits are 5 (representing no standing army), 25, 50, 75 divisions. If you read the button text in the disarmament events, you can find out, which category your nation belongs to. After WW1, nearly all nations receive those events.

Last edited:
Hi!

I like really much the idea of this mod, my friends and me really wondering for it. But I should say I don't really like that all the provinces have some victory point. This take out the possibility of a fast war to anex some small neighbor country to win some resources quickly.

If possible, could anyone tell me how to change it, so i can get the old victory points as in DH Full?

Thanks!

Hi!

I like really much the idea of this mod, my friends and me really wondering for it. But I should say I don't really like that all the provinces have some victory point. This take out the possibility of a fast war to anex some small neighbor country to win some resources quickly.

If possible, could anyone tell me how to change it, so i can get the old victory points as in DH Full?

Thanks!

If you start a fresh game, and not use the savegame, then you won't see so many VPs.

If you start a fresh game, and not use the savegame, then you won't see so many VPs.

I'm starting a fresh game, 'AAR history' or 'arms, armistice and revolutions' directly from the menu, and in both cases it's full of victory points.
should i delete my old saved games? or may be is it because I overwrite the AAR folders in a DH full copy?

The limits are 5 (representing no standing army), 25, 50, 75 divisions. If you read the button text in the disarmament events, you can find out, which category your nation belongs to. After WW1, nearly all nations receive those events.

Which event? The one that instantly destroys troops? This is something I recommend putting in the FAQ.

Also, what is the limit for naval units?

Lastly, how do you break the Washington Naval Treaty after you sign it? If you build too many of one naval unit, it just makes it so you can no longer build them (exploitable in that you could just start an over-production of them, the AI also does this but not knowledgeably).
And if you don't sign it, at least as the U.S., it still destroys your boats, which I don't quite understand.

The event your looking for T.J is Great war outcome (for England its event 13300900 and for USA its event 13300700) it tells you the max number of ships, division, and air units you can have. For England its (150/50/10). For your other question, you may over the 120 naval unit limit for American and that's why you are losing ships

The event your looking for T.J is Great war outcome (for England its event 13300900 and for USA its event 13300700) it tells you the max number of ships, division, and air units you can have. For England its (150/50/10). For your other question, you may over the 120 naval unit limit for American and that's why you are losing ships

And what about other nations, such as Japan?

Made a list of Austrian ministers, if an history expert can give me a feedback, especially on the traits, I'd appreciate it.

Code:
115151;Head of Government;Ernst Streeruwitz;1929;1933;ML;Naive Optimist;Medium;unknown;X
115152;Head of Government;Carl Vaugoin;1930;1933;ML;Backroom Backstabber;Medium;unknown;X
115153;Head of Government;Otto Ender;1930;1933;ML;Political Protege;Medium;unknown;X
115154;Head of Government;Karl Buresch;1931;1933;ML;Flamboyant Tough Guy;Medium;unknown;X
115155;Foreign Minister;Heinrich Mataja;1924;1933;SD;Great Compromiser;High;3708;X
115156;Foreign Minister;Rudolf Ramek;1926;1933;ML;Great Compromiser;High;3699;X
115157;Foreign Minister;Ignaz Seipel;1926;1933;ML;Ideological Crusader;High;M23124;X
115158;Foreign Minister;Ernst Steeruwitz;1929;1933;ML;Apologetic Clerk;Medium;unknown;X
115159;Foreign Minister;Karl Buresch;1932;1933;ML;Iron Fisted Brute;Medium;unknown;X
115160;Foreign Minister;Engelbert Dollfuss;1934;1964;FA;Ideological Crusader;High;8292;X
115161;Minister of Armament;Josef Kollmann;1926;1933;ML;Laissez-Faire Capitalist;Medium;unknown;X
115162;Minister of Armament;Johann Josef Mittelberger;1929;1933;ML;Resource Industrialist;Medium;unknown;X
115163;Minister of Armament;Otto Juch;1929;1933;ML;Resource Industrialist;Medium;unknown;X
115164;Minister of Armament;Josef Redlich;1931;1933;SL;Administrative Genius;Medium;unknown;X
115165;Minister of Armament;Emanuel Weidenhoffer;1931;1933;ML;Laissez-Faire Capitalist;Medium;unknown;X
115166;Minister of Security;Ignaz Seipel;1923;1933;ML;Crime Fighter;High;M23124;X
115167;Minister of Security;Rudolf Ramek;1924;1933;ML;Compassionate Gentleman;High;3699;X
115168;Minister of Security;Ernst Steeruwitz;1929;1933;ML;Silent Lawyer;Medium;unknown;X
115169;Minister of Security;Vinzenz Schumy;1929;1933;ML;Silent Lawyer;Medium;unknown;X
115170;Minister of Security;Ernst Rüdiger Starhemberg;1930;1933;ML;Man of the People;Medium;unknown;X
115171;Minister of Security;Otto Ender;1931;1964;ML;Silent Lawyer;Medium;unknown;X
115172;Minister of Security;Franz Bachinger;1932;1964;ML;Crime Fighter;Medium;unknown;X

And what about other nations, such as Japan?

It looks like they don't even have a disarmament event, albeit the Washington Treaty (which I still want to know how you are allowed to break, if someone could please tell me).

I don't think the Disarmament events are working for the A.I., they all have more troops than what the limit is. Take a look here at 1924, with all "Historic Outcome for WWII" events occurring for the nations at 1918:

Untitled-14.png

I know naval disarmament works. Perhaps one of the requisites for disarm didn't fire?

On another note, working on economic module based on stuff I learned from my Econ162:Chinese Economy class. (Yes, I'm a Econ/CS major. I also like focusing on economy as the way to win games ^^). Effects will be delayed (just like in real life). I'm debating if I should explain the effects in the event descriptions (since leaders IRL had no prior knowledge of what to choose and the player if they knew would only choose the best strategy).

Communist China will be fairly free market at the beginning while Nationalist China will be somewhat free market as well (due to lack of ability to enforce central planning) but will become progressively more central planning. The economic reality of what the two factions implemented during the AAR time is contrary to what the parties stood for ironically. (the sliders don't really represent the Chinese economy that well...)
Code:
####################################
# Post-Unification Economic Events #
####################################

# CHC/CHI/UCH Post War Economic Collapse
event = {
	id = 
	random = no

name = "Chinese Economic Collapse"
	desc = "The Republic Era which spanned from 1911-1949 was almost four decades of constant warfare for the Chinese Nation. Internal strife and external aggression was not kind for the economy, which reached it's lowest point in recorded history in 1950. Precious industrial capital was destroyed, while many intellectuals and entrepreneurs fled overseas. What had been the world's largest economy through all of civilized history is now worse than the exploited former colony of India. Thankfully, the nation remains largely agrarian, and food safety remains within reach, for now."
	style = 2
	picture = "ccip_unrest"

}

# State Owned Enterprise Reformation (Nationalists)
event = {
	id =
	random = no
	country = CHI/UCH

name = "State Owned Enterprise Reformation"

action = {
		trigger = {
			//Kicked to Taiwan
		}
		name = "We need to maintain central control for the war!"
	}

action = {
		name = "Allow gradual market liberalization"
		//BEST
	}

action = {
		name = "Enact broad market reforms"
		//TERRIBLE IDEA
	}
}
# Land Redistribution Policy
event = {
	id =
	random = no

name = "Land Redistribution Policy"

action = {
		// NOT COMMUNIST
		name = "Clean up the current system"
	}

action = {
		name = "Small land reform policy"
	}

action = {
		// IF NATIONALIST HUGE DISSENT DUE TO POWERBASE OPPOSITION
		name = "Push for complete land reform"
	}
}
# Economic Recovery Policy
event = {
	id =
	random =no
	country =

name = "Econommic Recovery Policy"

action = {
		trigger = {
			//Social Conservative/Market Liberal
		}
		name = "Adopt a free market system"
	}

action = {
		name = "Adopt a Soviet-style planned economy"
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			//Leninist/LWR
		}
		name = "We need our own decentralized planned economy"
	}

action = {
		name = "Keep our current system"
	}
}

# Economic Recovery Strategy

event = {
	id =
	random =
	country =

name = "Economic Recovery Strategy"

action = {
		name = "Focus on import substitution (protectionism)"
		//INEFFICIENT AND DISASTROUS
	}

action = { // Communist and Nationalist Early
		name = "Focus on self-sufficiency (isolationism)"
		//INEFFICIENT
	}

action = {
		name = "Focus on export promotion (mercantilism)"
		//SUCCESSFUL
	}
}

# Economic Sector Focus

event = {
	id =
	random =
	country =

name = "Strategic Economic Sector Focus"

action = {
		name = "Focus on heavy industry"
		//MOST SUCCESSFUL STRATEGY
	}

action = {
		name = "Focus on light industry"
	}

action = {
		name = "Focus on agriculture output"
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			//communist
		}
		name = "Focus on them all"
		//LEADS TO FAILURE!
	}
}
# Taiwan Government Subsidization

event = {
	id =
	random =
	country =

trigger = {
		//Kicked to Taiwan
	}

name = "Government Dominates Economy"

action = {
		trigger = {
		//Self Sufficiency
		}
		name = "Government reserves are used to sustain our isolationist economic focus"
		//Counters Malus of Self Sufficiency for a while
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			//Export Promotion
		}
		name = "Domestic upstream industries flourish"
		//Positive Industrial Impact
	}

action = {
		trigger = {
			//Import Substitution
		}
		name = "Government reserves run out maintaining protectionist policies"
		//Status Quo
	}
}

Last edited:
Wo hai you de zhongzuo xuesheng. Wo juede xie hanzi de hen man...

History/Chinese double major myself. Just recently spent a semester in Harbin. ;)

For myself, I find there is plenty of time to have the AI naturally shift sliders there if you can script it to do so.
It's truly impossible to accurately represent every nation using a system as arbitrary in HoI, it's as good as it can get.

I still am not sure why the disarmament events aren't working for myself, that's two playthroughs gone to kaputz because of it... I just found out that Japan's disarmament triggers immediately after the conclusion of the Mukden Incident. Not sure if that's WAD or not. Went from having the 2nd largest army in the world (125) to shortly behind Italy. It's just annoying how your units vanish into thin air, no manpower return or anything (if you got the manpower back I'd be more lenient on the matter).