• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DoomBunny

Hi guys. Im not sure if this is intended, but Im playing as the US and once the Latin American countries break away, I get 100% dissent if I intervene. Ontop of the leftover dissent I have, the dissent from the event boost it to around 45% which is fine, but then I get boosted up to 100% by the declarations of war I make against them. Wouldnt it be better to have the Latin American countries declare war on the US, 100% dissent seems a bit extreme and in my opinion turns intervention into non-option.
I think the point is that you aren't supposed to intervene. Intervention was a non-option in most of the cases.

Anyone has problems with ministers that decide by themselves to enter in the cabinet? First was Austria which replaces Karl Seitz with the Council, then Hungary replaces the HoS and last Germany has the return of Wilhelm after his abdication and changes HoG too. At first I thought it was a problem between HoS and ideology but I was wrong.

Anyone has problems with ministers that decide by themselves to enter in the cabinet? First was Austria which replaces Karl Seitz with the Council, then Hungary replaces the HoS and last Germany has the return of Wilhelm after his abdication and changes HoG too. At first I thought it was a problem between HoS and ideology but I was wrong.

Hey S everyone has this happen. I think that is how Burning made some of those events. I am not sure why he did it that way. So it is not just you. I hope that helps you.
d

This has to do with slider changes and the fact most ministers in the WW1 scenario have a start and death date between 1914 to 1933. So even if political sliders only move an inch in one direction it will completely change the HoG and HoS if either...

A) their Ideology is different from the governments
B) Their start date is too far ahead from your current date IE: in your game its 1921 but the ministers start date is 1936

It also effects the other minister cabinets as well but most of them are the same since the start of the scenario due to a lack of minster changing events. Also some of Burnings events + DH's WW1 events at the end of the war do change some ministers around.

Last edited:
This has to do with slider changes and the fact most ministers in the WW1 scenario have a start and death date between 1914 to 1933. So even if political sliders only move an inch in one direction it will completely change the HoG and HoS if either...

A) their Ideology is different from the governments
B) Their start date is too far ahead from your current date IE: in your game its 1921 but the ministers start date is 1936

It also effects the other minister cabinets as well but most of them are the same since the start of the scenario due to a lack of minster changing events. Also some of Burnings events + DH's WW1 events at the end of the war do change some ministers around.

Jup. With the exception of Italy and Germany, no nations currently have events that change their ministers. Changes in the cabinet are due to changed sliders, government types and minister death dates.

If it makes you feel any better, Ive had Teddy Roosevelt rise from the grave and lead the US in my game. :laugh:

I think the point is that you aren't supposed to intervene. Intervention was a non-option in most of the cases.

My point isnt that it should be an easy option, but 100% dissent is far to extreme. If I understand correctley, that means that 100% of the population are against the government. 30% from the decision on its own is reasonable enough, especially as the war is damn hard to win with only 10 divisions anyway.

First off there are very few a historical options in AAR yet. Secondly cause you did so well as Imperial Russia, the civil war will never happen and since for imperial Russia, Poland are considered national provinces the event to fire to create Poland will never happen. so to make this happen you do need high dissent and for the Germans to have pushed you back to ukraine

okey, ive replayd the russian campaign, using AAR history. poland has formed, but only in the lower parts, its 1922 and my dissent is 22% becouse of those civil wars. germany however, was never able to push me any further than warsaw. what concequences has this for poland? will it form entirely now or not? and the other bhertostik states, estonia, latvia and lithuania are showing up in my liberate nation diplomatic option, together with finnish democratic republic. whats up with that?

Ok, but what should I do when start year is 1914, end year 1933 and his ideology is correct? In Hungary for example the unwanted HoS is a SC while the country is SL.

King George the V of the UK was a SC and when the progressive labor party (would be considered SL/SD) came into power its not like they kicked him out :). Its when a radical left wing/Stalinist government comes in or Fascism comes to power that if your HoS/HoG doesn't changed you should be worried.

Well the Dust Bowl events were a nasty surprise! Each is about as bad as the initial industrial collapse. That's way too harsh! I had to go into the events file and comment out several of the lines to make it more rational.

Also neither Mussolini nor Hitler came to power. Again I checked the events and saw that neither would fire given what happened in the game. Since Italy's involvement in WW1 (continuing with the Ottoman Empire) continued well in to 1922, the chain of events either wouldn't get started or would be broken about half way through. Three key events require Italy to be at peace. I commented those lines out and am going to try again (in event # 13300600, 610 & 632 in the AAR-Italy file). Also the 'march on Rome' is required to trigger the series to get Hitler so I commented that out as well in event 13300212. Additionally I commented the ideology trigger line in 0210. Germany shouldn't be a paternal autocrat at that time, but I didn't want to kill the chain of events if they are. I'm not sure if the ruhr_return flags are really needed in 214/5 so I commented those out again to ensure the chain would continue. I'm not sure why the kaiser was able to stay in power after I saw an event that said he abdicated. Event 2191519 didn't seem to complete because the leaders didn't change.

So if Germany loses WW1 the German player will face the issue of Hitler comming to power. Italy will also have to face the question of Mussolini coming to power if he isn't arrested in an earlier event.

For Japan and China the Mukden incident did trigger, but China was able to annex a couple of the other factions (Shansi and one other) and then drive Japan out of Korea. What??? That's certainly a bit ahistorical.

I didn't see any evidence other than UK losing a couple of factories (which may have been due to something else) that any other country was hit by the Great Depression.

I'll try again playing a free Canada and see what happens.

Also neither Mussolini nor Hitler came to power. Again I checked the events and saw that neither would fire given what happened in the game. Since Italy's involvement in WW1 (continuing with the Ottoman Empire) continued well in to 1922, the chain of events either wouldn't get started or would be broken about half way through. Three key events require Italy to be at peace. I commented those lines out and am going to try again (in event # 13300600, 610 & 632 in the AAR-Italy file). Also the 'march on Rome' is required to trigger the series to get Hitler so I commented that out as well in event 13300212. Additionally I commented the ideology trigger line in 0210. Germany shouldn't be a paternal autocrat at that time, but I didn't want to kill the chain of events if they are. I'm not sure if the ruhr_return flags are really needed in 214/5 so I commented those out again to ensure the chain would continue. I'm not sure why the kaiser was able to stay in power after I saw an event that said he abdicated. Event 2191519 didn't seem to complete because the leaders didn't change.

LOL, why didn't you just trigger the events via the console? In that case, trigger conditions are ignored, and you wouldn't have needed to change all these files. Regardless of that, if you feel more comfortable with these changes, cool :). Personally i believe there a cause for certain harsh events, as JRHINDO has already stated. I hate to NOT have another choice in an event, if that means the other choice is: "do that anyway, but get hit by a wall of dissent" I'm OK with that.

So if Germany loses WW1 the German player will face the issue of Hitler comming to power. Italy will also have to face the question of Mussolini coming to power if he isn't arrested in an earlier event.
Oh, if you stay a democracy, and not decline into a fascist state, then he won't rise to power.

I don't think the Dust Bowl is too harsh, agricultural production was down significantly, and the U.S. recovers quite quickly (even if all materials are set to zero, the U.S. can recover to production speed in a few days).

What was worse was the constant money lose, which I still think is a little high, but at least it now goes away when the U.S. ends the Depression at home.

is ccip close to completion?

No. Neither is CG. I think my plans are fairly big though for both mods, so, when they do get done....

Incidentally Burning, if there's no major bug reports, you can probably merge CCIP into the main branch (AAR and AAR-History). Let me know if you want me to do it. I also uploaded r207 which has bandaid fixes on most errors in the new Hungary file (there are tons of errors), I didn't fix the effects, just commented out/fixed the stuff causing hard crashes.

Last edited:
Dust bowl in USA? They destroyed quite large parts of the agricultural lands from Texas to the greater Midwest. So hey if thats not big and harsh then I dont know what is...

America's industry wasn't in the area impacted by the dust bowl. IT's the massive loss in factories that I'm having a hard time reconciling and that's what I find objectionable. If you get hit with that event with an IC of 500 you will have about 10 occurances losing up to 16 factories each depending on how many of the areas picked at random happen to have a factory in it. One year of dust bowl is equivalent to the industrial collapse with the Great Depression. Plus you can have that every year until 1938. You're going to get knocked down below the minimum thresshold of 275 IC to trigger a factory loss with the event. With the 400% production penalty that's in place it takes 4-5 years to build a factory. You can't build them quickly enough to have a chance to recover.

Yes there needs to be a harm associated with the dust bowl events, but it also needs to be in proper perspective. Dissent, resource reduction and a minor loss in factories is appropriate.

What the dust bowl did was to cause a migration from the plains to other places like CA.

Last edited:
LOL, why didn't you just trigger the events via the console? In that case, trigger conditions are ignored, and you wouldn't have needed to change all these files.
Oh, if you stay a democracy, and not decline into a fascist state, then he won't rise to power.

What??? What console are you talking about? I never saw it. The word, 'Console' doesn't show up in the manual. I tried that search. I saw no way to trigger any events other than those available via exercising a decision option. Are you refering to some cheat mode I'm not familiar with?

---------------------
Hitler gained power within the Weimar Republic (being chosen Chancellor) and then he destroyed the democracy. If anything it's easier for a person like Hitler to come to power in a situation like Germany in 1932/3 than in an authoritarian nation where he would have simply been taken out and shot at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited: