• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And I Am as a hungarian really missed Hungary from the mod, beacuse it was intersting period for us (mainly 1918-1921, hungarian soviet republic, war against Czechoslovakia, then Romania, Habsgurg restoration attempts, formation the little entente).

It's work in progress.

Hey Burning please check the ticket. All seems to be fine with the issue solved. Now we can work on some others.
Excellent, thanks a lot for your great feedback!

For everybody who would like to experiment with the anschluss (before it's released to the public in the next version of the mod):
Replace event 13300220 (the second/last one) in /db/events/aar-events/AAR-U08-Germany.txt with this:
Code:
event = { 
  id = 13300220                   
  country = GER                     

date = { day = 0 month = 0 year = 1933 }            
  deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1941 }
  offset = 30          

trigger = {          
    event = 2006001 
    or = {
      not = { non_aggression = { country = AUS country = GER } }
      guarantee = { country = ITA country = AUS }
      not = { minister = 1 }
      not = { relation = { which = AUS value = 200 } }
    }
    not = { atwar = AUS }
  }
  name = "EVT_13300217_NAME"							
  Desc = "EVT_13300217_DESC"
  Picture = "Sudetenland" 

action = { 	
    name = "Placeholder and Quickfix: to allow the Anschluss to happen"    
    command = { type = non_aggression which = AUS where = GER }
    command = { type = non_aggression which = AUS where = GER }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = AUS where = ITA }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = ITA where = AUS }
    command = { trigger = { or = { flag = hitler_free not = { flag = hitler_arrested } } } type = wakeminister which = 1 }
    command = { trigger = { or = { flag = hitler_free not = { flag = hitler_arrested } } } type = headofstate which = 1 }
    command = { type = relation which = AUS value = 200 }
    } 			
}

Great mod! I can participate in all Baltic countries related stuff like war of Independence of all three countries. For later events you could integrate my current mod!

Read through these three previous postings; now you see what i meant with people spamming the same questions/postings over and over again, without even reading one single page back (or, god forbid: to read the FAQ)... I'll simply stop answering these questions i guess.

I'm sorry but I don't have the time or inclination to read through all of the posts in a thread that had slightly over 600 posts by the time I saw it. I read the first page and got the updated version of the mod and reviewed a few pages of posts to get the flavor of posts and see what the current issues were before I posted. No one had been discussing the issues I brought up.

For some reason everytime i download this mod my game crashes with the foundation of the commonwealth of nations AND it spams saves like crazy because it creats a new file when it autosaves.

Hey A the Commonwealth problem my be related to the Tech Team takeover bug. I always use TT takeover in my games and often had unknown freezes and crashes. It is a known bug and is supposed to be fixed in version 1.03. So check if you have TT takeover turned on in your game options when you start the game. If you do turn it off and you may be ok. I had the exact same problem. For the spam saves it is related to a setting in misc.txt but I have never been able to get it to stop even though I have tried both settings At 10 or 12 mb per save and having hundreds of saves per game it is a real pain. Another thing is to make sure that you have the latest version of the Mod. Good luck,
d

For the spam saves it is related to a setting in misc.txt but I have never been able to get it to stop even though I have tried both settings At 10 or 12 mb per save and having hundreds of saves per game it is a real pain. Another thing is to make sure that you have the latest version of the Mod. Good luck,
d

AC previously wrote about this thing. Misc.txt, lines 863-864:
Code:
# Use new auto-save file format: AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day.eug. 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled.
	0 #0
Setting it to 0 will shut down this feature and you'll have back the good old autosaves.

Hey alekseevic thanks for that info. I am going to try it now. There are several places (like 3) in misc.txt where you can play with how saves work. I forgot about this one and was playing around with the one farther down. That is what I get for thinking I could just jump in there and find the right place when I had not played the game for about five months.
d

Hey A the Commonwealth problem my be related to the Tech Team takeover bug. I always use TT takeover in my games and often had unknown freezes and crashes. It is a known bug and is supposed to be fixed in version 1.03. So check if you have TT takeover turned on in your game options when you start the game. If you do turn it off and you may be ok. I had the exact same problem. For the spam saves it is related to a setting in misc.txt but I have never been able to get it to stop even though I have tried both settings At 10 or 12 mb per save and having hundreds of saves per game it is a real pain. Another thing is to make sure that you have the latest version of the Mod. Good luck,
d

You know, there is a "Search Thread" button in the top right of the screen...

You know, there is a "Search Thread" button in the top right of the screen...

TJ thanks I thought that everyone said search was broken on the forum. I have never used it or even tried to. That is two great tips in a short period of time. By the way the place to put that Stub event for the Anschluss is in db/aar-events/AAR-GER-Germany.txt which is a 5kb file. It is a little tricky to find since there are several ger text files. I am looking at my game to check to make sure as I write this. I have played through several different games and it works the same as it does in DH Full now. In 1938 after the Italians do the Pact of Steel you get the Coup in Austria, they ask Ger for help and the Decision goes green. Then you have the 3 ways to do the event. I like to ally with Aus and then fire the decision. That way you get Austria, their land, the mp and their army. I hope this helps anyone who is having problems with this.
d

AC previously wrote about this thing. Misc.txt, lines 863-864:
Code:
# Use new auto-save file format: AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day.eug. 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled.
	0 #0
Setting it to 0 will shut down this feature and you'll have back the good old autosaves.

Thx for helping him, added this to the FAQ.

There are several places (like 3) in misc.txt where you can play with how saves work.
Untrue, you only need to change this one setting from 1 to 0, to revert to the old savegame format. But thx for the remark.

Hi!If you need any help with the Spanish Civil War, i´d be happy to help. I do not know hot to "design" events or graphical issues, but i can assist in the historical planning if u need.

Spanish civil war as in the 1936/37 war, or the time before that? The Spanish events before WW2 are kind of underrepresented in AAR, i'd be interested to hear what you would like to do there. (also, if you like i can teach/show you how to do events yourself, if you have the time)

TJ thanks I thought that everyone said search was broken on the forum. I have never used it or even tried to. That is two great tips in a short period of time. By the way the place to put that Stub event for the Anschluss is in db/aar-events/AAR-GER-Germany.txt which is a 5kb file. It is a little tricky to find since there are several ger text files. I am looking at my game to check to make sure as I write this. I have played through several different games and it works the same as it does in DH Full now. In 1938 after the Italians do the Pact of Steel you get the Coup in Austria, they ask Ger for help and the Decision goes green. Then you have the 3 ways to do the event. I like to ally with Aus and then fire the decision. That way you get Austria, their land, the mp and their army. I hope this helps anyone who is having problems with this.
d

Great job in tracking down the issue to the lifetime of a non-aggression pact (it always ran out before the anschluss could fire). *pats delanonne on the back*

Hello. i have some questions about this mod, while playing with Hungary.

I've started as A-H, but when the event Hungary declares independence, I've saved the games and started to paly with Hungary. However, I don't know whether it is integrated in the Mod, or not... but I wasn't able to make the Hungarian Soviet Republic, however in the event clusters, I see it linked to Wikipedia.

On the other hand, there aren't available politicians from 1920 like HoG Pál Teleki or István Teleki. What's more there aren't any ministers for foreign policies, armaments, security, intelligence, chief of staff, army and airforce.

And 1 last thing: Hungary only have cores for its owned provinced, but not for the old historical Hungary. They don't have core for Transylvania, Slovakia, Novi Sad and Eisenstadt, which I think, is a big mistake.

I don't know if I did something wrong. If I did, then please forgive me for my complaints.

Edit: Hungary neither have enough tech teams.
However I'm only in the year of 1926, so they may appear later, but I think that the above mentioned things must be available earlier.

Edit 2.: I've noticed that, in the year of 1926, Wilhelm II is still the HoS of a social liberal Weimar Republic...

Last edited:
Hey Burning have you had any reports of Belligerence going crazy? I have seen it before in a game where UK and France had belligerence of more than 4000. I was busy with the Anschluss thing and forgot about it. The game I am playing now has the US with bell. over 1500 and they are at war with the Allies. I do not know if this is an issue for DH or the mod. Let me know if you want a saved game since I now know how to send those to you. It was a very normal game until France dows the US. I had to look twice. They have annexed Mexico but over 1500 is a bit much. It was going down a bit so not sure what I have for you. It only seems to happen to the good guys so far. Maybe another deal like TT takeover.
d

Possibly a byproduct of the new tons of VP system Burning is using for his generic dynamic resource mod

Hey Burning have you had any reports of Belligerence going crazy? I have seen it before in a game where UK and France had belligerence of more than 4000. I was busy with the Anschluss thing and forgot about it. The game I am playing now has the US with bell. over 1500 and they are at war with the Allies. I do not know if this is an issue for DH or the mod. Let me know if you want a saved game since I now know how to send those to you. It was a very normal game until France dows the US. I had to look twice. They have annexed Mexico but over 1500 is a bit much. It was going down a bit so not sure what I have for you. It only seems to happen to the good guys so far. Maybe another deal like TT takeover.
d

Yes please, i've done a lot of testing with the new VP distribution (which is actually NOT included in the latest release of the mod), and i've only encountered increased belligerence levels with the civil war successor states in russia and china.

Hi guys. Im not sure if this is intended, but Im playing as the US and once the Latin American countries break away, I get 100% dissent if I intervene. Ontop of the leftover dissent I have, the dissent from the event boost it to around 45% which is fine, but then I get boosted up to 100% by the declarations of war I make against them. Wouldnt it be better to have the Latin American countries declare war on the US, 100% dissent seems a bit extreme and in my opinion turns intervention into non-option.

no changes for russia.

hi, as mentioned before, the AAR brings 2 types of mods. the AAR scenario, and the AAR history.
im now playing the AAR scenario, during ww1 i was able to reconquer poland, and even conquer a little part of germany/austria hungary. now in the meantime, its 1923 and nothing historical for russia so far has happened.
poland hasnt tried to declare independance, the comintern event never showed up either. i did notice however, while doing the AAR scenario from an american standpoint, that these events occurred.
is there a requirement for these events to occur, like having a high dissent? cause by 1918 my dissent was only 2%.

hi, as mentioned before, the AAR brings 2 types of mods. the AAR scenario, and the AAR history.
im now playing the AAR scenario, during ww1 i was able to reconquer poland, and even conquer a little part of germany/austria hungary. now in the meantime, its 1923 and nothing historical for russia so far has happened.
poland hasnt tried to declare independance, the comintern event never showed up either. i did notice however, while doing the AAR scenario from an american standpoint, that these events occurred.
is there a requirement for these events to occur, like having a high dissent? cause by 1918 my dissent was only 2%.

First off there are very few a historical options in AAR yet. Secondly cause you did so well as Imperial Russia, the civil war will never happen and since for imperial Russia, Poland are considered national provinces the event to fire to create Poland will never happen. so to make this happen you do need high dissent and for the Germans to have pushed you back to ukraine