• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all. I have two things that I think are important. First is hyperinflation in Germany ran from June 1921 to July 1925 when the currency was reevaluated. In the game now it basically runs from 1919 to after 1933 when Hitler shows up. Then it can take a few years for Germany to pay off its debt and be able to fund research and spying. The second is the Anschluss with Austria. This not firing seems to stop Germany from ever getting into a world war and pretty much makes for a very boring game. Limith is working on the China situation which is another area that needs some loving. The Sovs also seem to be unstopable after 1939 or so. At this time the Germans have less than one hundred divs and the Sovs have way over 200 and over 300 by 1940. This means that even if you play Germany you will be creamed by the Sovs when you attack them or when they attack you if you try to leave them alone. If someone else has feedback on this one please let us know. Sorry that is more than two things. I do not have any information about the US since I have never played them yet. Adding something to keep the mega airforces down would also help.
d

I played a hands off as Nepal, it was really facinating. However I did have a problem Belgium, the Ottomans and the UK never joined the war. At least a "Country rejects interventionalism!" event would be nice.

I'm playing this mod as Japan. A few things I've noticed.

The leaders don't seem to change for most countries. I'm only in 1936, but I've noticed Woodrow Wilson is still leading the U.S., Hindenburg in Germany and Czar Nicholas in Russia. Speaking of Russia, in my game WWI was over by mid 1916, so there was no Russian revolution. There is also no Poland as Russia has maintained all the territory east of Germany. Not sure how WWII is going to start with no Poland.

I've also noticed that some events fire multiple times. I've had the Washington naval treaty fire at least a dozen times.

Despite the problems I'm enjoying this mod. Looking forward to playing it once the bugs are all ironed out.

Hey B here is a link to a discussion about the Anschluss and how it fires. It seems that The Pact of Steel Event needs to fire and here is the rest of it. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...1936-Cabals-from-the-Meuse-to-the-Memel/page5 Hopefully you can figure out how to fix it from this or just change the event to make it possible in your mod. This will allow WW2 to start normally since Munich and Danzig or War spring from all of this it seems.
d

I absolutely love this mod, entirely, but with my massive inability to modify anything, all I could ever do to help the mod is provide information/ideas/whatever on periods when needed. Know that isn't much, or anything really important, but I offer anything I can.

Great mod, Burning.

Burning, what about UK and France events? Is somebody doing them? I've got "key" events that have to be linked with major European powers.

Not at the moment, no. If someone decides to do some, i will tell you in an instant.

Hey B here is a link to a discussion about the Anschluss and how it fires. It seems that The Pact of Steel Event needs to fire and here is the rest of it. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...1936-Cabals-from-the-Meuse-to-the-Memel/page5 Hopefully you can figure out how to fix it from this or just change the event to make it possible in your mod. This will allow WW2 to start normally since Munich and Danzig or War spring from all of this it seems.
d

I've created a hotfix event to solve this, it will be included in the next version of the mod.
Could you please try out this event, and tell me if properly allows all the related events to fire, if adolf, die kleine nazi-sau is in power?

Please append this event to the file db/events/aar-events/AAR-GER-Germany.txt
Code:
event = { 
  id = 13300220                   
	country = GER                     

date = { day = 0 month = 0 year = 1933 }            
  deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1938 }
  offset = 30          

trigger = {          
    or = {
      not = { non_aggression = { country = AUS country = GER } }
      guarantee = { country = ITA country = AUS }
      not = { minister = 1 }
      relation = { which = AUS value = 200 }
    }
    not = { atwar = AUS }
  }
	name = "EVT_13300217_NAME"							
	Desc = "EVT_13300217_DESC"
	Picture = "Sudetenland" 

action = { 	
    name = "Placeholder and Quickfix: to allow the Anschluss to happen in 1936"    
		command = { type = non_aggression which = AUS where = GER }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = AUS where = ITA }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = ITA where = AUS }
    command = { trigger = { not = { flag = hitler_arrested } } type = wakeminister which = 1 }
    command = { type = relation which = AUS value = 200 }
    } 			
}

Last edited:
A little preview image of an early National Protection War (force triggered at start of scenario). It is being playtested and rebalanced, so don't expect the final release to be 100% similar.
ed2e73c929e1157ee7d59b2e6b33d03093e4e4ec45d2651edf9345c3ebd33ddb6g.jpg

Yes, the ministers are messed up.

I saw Hungarian SSR in the "development" page. What is the situation about that? Are there anyone working on that, in design progress, or any event idea at all?

Not at the moment, no. If someone decides to do some, i will tell you in an instant.

I've created a hotfix event to solve this, it will be included in the next version of the mod.
Could you please try out this event, and tell me if properly allows all the related events to fire, if adolf, die kleine nazi-sau is in power?

Please append this event to the file db/events/aar-events/AAR-GER-Germany.txt
Code:
event = { 
  id = 13300220                   
	country = GER                     

date = { day = 0 month = 0 year = 1933 }            
  deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1938 }
  offset = 30          

trigger = {          
    or = {
      not = { non_aggression = { country = AUS country = GER } }
      guarantee = { country = ITA country = AUS }
      not = { minister = 1 }
      relation = { which = AUS value = 200 }
    }
    not = { atwar = AUS }
  }
	name = "EVT_13300217_NAME"							
	Desc = "EVT_13300217_DESC"
	Picture = "Sudetenland" 

action = { 	
    name = "Placeholder and Quickfix: to allow the Anschluss to happen in 1936"    
		command = { type = non_aggression which = AUS where = GER }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = AUS where = ITA }
    command = { type = end_guarantee which = ITA where = AUS }
    command = { trigger = { not = { flag = hitler_arrested } } type = wakeminister which = 1 }
    command = { type = relation which = AUS value = 200 }
    } 			
}

B I will be happy to try this out tonight when I get home from work. I thought the problem might be because Japan is not at war with China in 1937 since right now they get beaten by China in 1932 9 out of 10 times. So I loaded up a save as Japan and made sure that I was at war with China for all of 1937, 38 and 39 when the chance is supposed to go up to one hundred per cent. Still no joy. I will let you know as soon as I try it. I will just pop it into the game I just mentioned and try it out. Please let me know if I need to run a new game. I would not think so.
d

I've managed more or less to complete the UCH files Limith. Where can i send them to you?

You can pmail me, upload it to the AAR wiki, upload it somewhere on mediafire, or any other file sharing service. Alternatively you can email it to me, I'll pmail you my email.

Please let me know if I need to run a new game. I would not think so.
d
You will be alright with using your current savegames.

Chinese Civil War not starting even after i try to force command it. Digging through the event files the CCW should kick off sometime after 1916, i'm up to 1922 and no joy, force commands dont work, so i'm wondering if i'm missing something or that the CCW kicks off later (like after WWI and Versailles).