• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Set scenario enddate to the one specified in scenario. :)

OK, looks like your talking about the options. I can set it to 28 years. That's cool. But I still don't seem to be in your mod.

I have this same problem with the 1914 Mod also. On the other hand, the Kaiserreich mod works fine for me. Not sure why.

Falcon are you loading up the scenario titled 1914 or the one titled AAR History/Arms, Armistice and Revolutions? You have to start the game with the latter scenarios, not the 1914.

I've been thinking of making China factions exempt from the DH mobilization system. I'm toying with the idea of making it province based mobilization (fixed amount of divisions/province owned given the province is loyal to a faction). Mobilization based on population owned isn't accurate at all for what could have been mobilized (population loyalty, lack of weapons, inability to upkeep units). Any thoughts about this idea? I'm not going to waste time on a province based mobilization system if no one wants it.

Province based will be good at abstracting the large amounts of temporary fighters communists were able to call for battles as well (something like "Mobilize Hunan Mingbin" - gives 3 divisions of militia, they auto get removed if they leave a certain radius away from the area mobilized, and then demobilize after a fixed amount of time).

Alternatively, I (or someone else) would have to test different manpower values/IC values/original mobilization values for various factions to simulate what was possible within the current DH mobilization system (2k manpower on 1 mobilization slider isn't really realistic imo), and I'd have to figure out some other way of solving the Communist faction's inability to sustain an army they historically had (that I noticed in 1936 CCIP).

Last edited:
I've been thinking of making China factions exempt from the DH mobilization system. I'm toying with the idea of making it province based mobilization (fixed amount of divisions/province owned given the province is loyal to a faction). Mobilization based on population owned isn't accurate at all for what could have been mobilized (population loyalty, lack of weapons, inability to upkeep units). Any thoughts about this idea? I'm not going to waste time on a province based mobilization system if no one wants it.

Province based will be good at abstracting the large amounts of temporary fighters communists were able to call for battles as well (something like "Mobilize Hunan Mingbin" - gives 3 divisions of militia, they auto get removed if they leave a certain radius away from the area mobilized, and then demobilize after a fixed amount of time).

Alternatively, I (or someone else) would have to test different manpower values/IC values/original mobilization values for various factions to simulate what was possible within the current DH mobilization system (2k manpower on 1 mobilization slider isn't really realistic imo), and I'd have to figure out some other way of solving the Communist faction's inability to sustain an army they historically had (that I noticed in 1936 CCIP).

Imho, a province based manpower and supply system is the logical next step in the evolution of DH, just like a decentralized IC system and a dynamic, adaptive resource discovery concept. However, keep in mind this would have to be implemented on a global scale. I definitely want that in at some point, but beware of the insane amount of tuning (i've been talking about that with wolf, too).

Last edited:
I have prototype code for a dynamic resource system Burning from my CG mod if you want. It would need someone with knowledge on world resource reserves though (it works as a proof of concept, however the db for where to add/remove stuff doesn't). I'm also implementing a census tax module in my CG mod as part of the economic system overhaul (I'm undergrad economy/compsci major), if you are interested.

The Xmas Edition has been been released. Enjoy!
(even though it's still missing some localizations)

Yea, would be pretty interesting what you have manufactured there. Imho it's still a long way from mod ready, but maybe we can try out how well it works. The interwar period offers a unique situation to do thorough long-term testing for all economic related stuff, so... (fellow compsci major here :) )

Changelog Version 1.2.3 said:
Ticket #50 (game crashes in 1926) closed by burning
Ticket #53 (High dissent values in Serbia and Italy post WW1) closed by burning
Ticket #52 (db/events/aar-events/AAR-SOV-Soviet Union.txt trigger issue) closed by burning
Ticket #70 (Game freezes in 1926 at Commonwealth formation event) closed by burning
fixed italys path to fascism
lots of invasion AI fixes, too many to write down where
fixed the commonwealth crash
added a few more trigger conditions to peace-events
added some AI target provinces
added an IC-sanitizer, which will be used during the great depression, to cut down excess IC
gave serbia and italy a dissent reduction upon victory
the great depression no longer makes all nations become planned economies
fixed some soviet events
fixed a problem in the italian province target AI
germany may now start in 1916 to enact unlimited submarine warfare, but has only a chance of 20 per tick
integrated missing patch 1.02 revolters
added IC sanitizer to purge excess IC during the great depression.
fixed hadjez claims on the middle east
hadjez now only has claims on the arabian peninsula, jordan and golan
adjusted the russian civil war, to central asian revolters more powerful
if SOV is at war with RUS, RUS might also get civil war reinforcements
added an escape condition for the ic sanitizer
integrated 2011-10-13 DH-Full revolts.txt
fixed the trigger of the failure of the summer offensive event.
fascists and nazis have an easier time expanding their military-industrial complex.

Last edited:
Russian Civil War 2.0
russian_civil_war_2.0.jpg

Including all the new features... we finally have a russian civil war that honors its name. Chaos, madness, multi-front-war, and it's no longer finished after a year.

Last edited:
OK hi all. Great news there about the latest edition of the MOD. I just played a game until 1926 and it was great. The Russian Civil war is great and in fact the sovs are losing this one. I have never seen that before. I have been playing with Limiths files for CCIP and it is working real well. I just sent him my first batch of feedback. I have felt that China has been an area that needed a little lovin. It is gonna be awesome now. Burning has really done a great job and want to give him a bunch of atta boys. Great Christmas present for all of us. I hope you all have a great Christmas.
d

@AAR-History: history more often results in a historical outcome of the great war. The scenarios don't differ in any other way.

Also, there is a new Xmas Version available, which fixes some minor glitches.
Changelog Version 1.2.4 said:
  • fixed a bug where russia could gain 50 divisions, if it dropped below 20
  • fewer authoritarian and left-wing moves during the great depression, to prevent from England and the US from going stalinist :D
  • poland can now win their war against the soviets a bit more easily, if the ussr is occupied with fighting the whites.
  • fixed a trigger bug in the IC-sanitizer
  • the megali idea-war can now also happen if greece was neutral, but OTT got defeated.
  • If greece does not have a fleet, it will gain some ships at the start of their war
  • russia may draft a few more divisions during the civil war

Last edited:
@AAR-History: history more often results in a historical outcome of the great war. they don't differ in any other way.

Also, there is a new Xmas Version available, which fixes some minor glitches.

Oh...should I be making CCIP based off of that version?

Also, Happy Christmas Burning. :)

Oh...should I be making CCIP based off of that version?

Also, Happy Christmas Burning. :)

Sure thing, but you don't have to. I guess it would be easier for testing, if you did use the most recent version. However, i will not touch the east asian nations, while you are making adjustments there, to keep things simpler. If you would like, i can also provide you access to the mods repository, contact me via IM.

@Sargeras: gimme a sec, sorry :)

What do you use for the repository? I've only used PuTTY/WinSCP to access SVN's before in my CS class (and our svn server hangs sooo often, grrrr).

I'm downloading the latest version and working on it now. I'll send you another email when I finish version 0.2 and you can see if we should incorporate it into a release or not (not exactly playable imo right now due to waiting on ministers and stuff).

Did you make any changes to country.csv, world_names.csv, or revolt.txt? I changed colors around a bit in Asia, fixed misnaming of Xinjiang, and some messy cores in revolt.txt. I can give you a list of what I changed if you want. That way I don't have to override/reupdate those files for future releases and it'll help keep the module separated.

What do you use for the repository? I've only used PuTTY/WinSCP to access SVN's before in my CS class (and our svn server hangs sooo often, grrrr).
You mean to access the repo? Usually i use tortoisesvn to access it in windows, alternatively you could use any other SVN client (eg: rapidsvn). In Unix, of course there is the universal subversion commandline client + a countless mass of UIs for that. That server has been very stable in the past, i guess the problem with your CS class' server is more about broken hardware, broken OS or an untalented administrator ;-).
Did you make any changes to country.csv,
no

world_names.csv
no, the stock localization files should also not be modified, please create a seperate csv file for the names, so i can merge those into mods.csv.

revolt.txt?
yes, small adaptions, please do a diff, it's basically just about some start-dates and a few province modifications.

I changed colors around a bit in Asia, fixed misnaming of Xinjiang, and some messy cores in revolt.txt. I can give you a list of what I changed if you want. That way I don't have to override/reupdate those files for future releases and it'll help keep the module separated.
ah, i guess i will have to merge the changes anyway, so go ahead.

Limith I like to play both the historical version of the mod and the regular mod. It depends on whether I feel like a little more ahistorical stuff. I really like it when little things are different. After all if we end up exactly the same in 1936 as DH then there is little or no reason to even have a mod is there? You can still get things being a little off even with the historical version. I think that is great. For example the last game that I am playing now. It is 1927 with a handsoff game and Poland is not the normal shape since the Sovs did not sign a peace with Ger and Italy is a Market Democracy. The Sovs almost lost the Civil War also. If I had played the Don Cossacks they might have since it was going that way when they gave a white peace to the Sovs. They had it in the bag. I also have feedback 2 ready for you when I get home from work tonight my time, which is 6 hours off from West Coast time.
Burning thanks again for doing such a great job.
d