• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Weird, an empty trigger (trigger = {}) should not cause problems (it's just wasted code).
Missing offset or offset = 0 would indeed prevent the events from firing or crash the game, though.

Could this possibly be related to
Code:
NOT = { AND = { something1 something2 } }
behaving differently than
Code:
NOT = { something1 something2 }
sometimes?

I've seen strange thing happen during development when using plain NOTs, which seems to not always correctly evaluate all trigger conditions.

Well, those statements are different indeed.
Let me explain:
A) NOT = { something1 something2 } is true only if ALL it's elements are false, so both A and B must be false.
A | B | NOT (AB)
0 | 0 | 1
0 | 1 | 0
1 | 0 | 0
1 | 1 | 0

B) NOT = { AND = { something1 something2 } } is true only if ALL it's elements are false, so its only element must be false => AND = { something1 something2 } must be false. When is AND = { something1 something2 } false? When at least ONE element is false:
A | B | AND(AB) | NOT (AND(AB))
0 | 0 | 0 | 1
0 | 1 | 0 | 1
1 | 0 | 0 | 1
1 | 1 | 1 | 0

Truth tables are useful.

Unless Martin shows up and proves me wrong. :D

EDIT. Example:
A) NOT = { event = 1 event = 2 } => this is true only if BOTH event 1 and event 2 did not fire.
B) NOT = { AND = { event = 1 event = 2 } } => this is if BOTH event 1 and event 2 did not fire or if only one event fired. Say, if event 1 fired and event 2 didn't fire, then AND = { event = 1 event = 2 } is false, which means that NOT = { AND = { event = 1 event = 2 } } is true.

Again, wait for Martin to approve this. :)

I was under the impression that NOT = { something1 something2 } is equal to NOT = { AND = { something1 something2 } }.
It's good that there are no events written by me in Darkest Hour :D

=======

Just checked the code:

NOT will return FALSE if any of the conditions inside the brackets is TRUE. [table A) above]

AND will return FALSE if any of the conditions inside the brackets is FALSE.

OR will return TRUE if any of the conditions inside the brackets is TRUE.

:D

I assumed that HOI2s NOT did imply an AND (as it does in HOI3); good to know that NOT is equal to the boolean NOT. Makes life a lot easier ;-)

Thx for the clarification!

I assumed that HOI2s NOT did imply an AND (as it does in HOI3); good to know that NOT is equal to the boolean NOT. Makes life a lot easier ;-)
Well, I don't think it has been changed from HOI2.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always assumed that NOT is the boolean NOT.
If you have time, can you please make some tests with the example I made above ( NOT = { event = 1 event = 2 } vs NOT = { AND = { event = 1 event = 2 } })? I would do them myself, but I don't have the time today unfortunately (and I'm curious to find the truth).

From looking at the flow chart it seems you guys STILL think hyperinflation(in Germany) is related to the depression - WHY? the flowchart indicates it's related to the great crash and great depression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic
-it had NOTHING to do with the depression, happened many years earlier and ought to be triggered by the 'Occupation of the Ruhrgebie', war reparations, or some thing of that sort.
It could also be viewed as a means by which the Weimar government effectively defaulted on it's domestic world war 1 debts - those to German creditors.

A depression is a deflationary environment anyway.

From looking at the flow chart it seems you guys STILL think hyperinflation(in Germany) is related to the depression - WHY? the flowchart indicates it's related to the great crash and great depression

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic
-it had NOTHING to do with the depression, happened many years earlier and ought to be triggered by the 'Occupation of the Ruhrgebie', war reparations, or some thing of that sort.
It could also be viewed as a means by which the Weimar government effectively defaulted on it's domestic world war 1 debts - those to German creditors.

A depression is a deflationary environment anyway.
Indeed, and the event also properly reflects that (and always has, even though the diagram in the second posting states differently). As you can see in the hyperinflation event, it is unrelated to the depression, it triggers if a defeated nation which has to pay reparations has very low money over a long period of time.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think it has been changed from HOI2.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I've always assumed that NOT is the boolean NOT.
If you have time, can you please make some tests with the example I made above ( NOT = { event = 1 event = 2 } vs NOT = { AND = { event = 1 event = 2 } })? I would do them myself, but I don't have the time today unfortunately (and I'm curious to find the truth).
I made some tests and I can confirm the behaviour described above.

I was going to make some event on my own. If you are interested (and if they work :D ) I can post them.

That would be great, for which nation would you like to do events? Germany? France? England? USA? Japan? (Italy is kind of covered now by now, so unless something really important is missing, i don't think it should get more events).

well, right now i was doing afghanistan :D

i'm trying to follow events happened in that time period year by year in order to not forget anything, so I think I can make any nation you want

Hehe, how about Austria, Hungary and Yugoslavia?

(Italy is kind of covered now by now, so unless something really important is missing, i don't think it should get more events).

So I could play as Italy and play through all the most important events regarding the rise of Mussolini?

Do I first need to play thruogh WW1?

All right, I see what I can do.

Before you start, please send me a small overview of what you would add, and how you plan to link all those events together. Also, it's better to do fewer events at a time, so maybe you would want to submit smaller chunks of events.

So I could play as Italy and play through all the most important events regarding the rise of Mussolini?
Well, that depends upon what you personall consider to be the "most important" ones. But there are now a LOT of events. :)

Do I first need to play thruogh WW1?
Yes, you can use AAR-History (scenario) to produce an almost historical outcome.

There are some events containing a trigger but missing an offset, which leads to the game crash, also empty triggers do result in strange thing happening for me (sometimes, these events never trigger... sometimes they do, guess that's because the trigger is there but empty). Anyway, the next version should be ready by the weekend :).

Well...this was the first time. I'll do better the next ones.

Well, that depends upon what you personall consider to be the "most important" ones. But there are now a LOT of events. :)

Cool. :)

Yes, you can use AAR-History (scenario) to produce an almost historical outcome.

Is it planned to include a 1918 scenario in the future? I'd like to play through the interbellum period with an historical beginning. A save game would suffice.

Panzergruppe said:
Is it planned to include a 1918 scenario in the future? I'd like to play through the interbellum period with an historical beginning. A save game would suffice.
Was wondering this myself, I know the save games were removed b/c of thier size.
They were removed because I assumed you would no longer need them, because now, WW1 generally results in a historical outcome. I always saw them more as a workaround, than as a feature. But now that I know someone liked them as they are, i will add a post-ww1 savegame to the next release, or post one here, depending on how much time i will have over the next few days.

Regarding a 1918 Scenario: I do not plan to add one in the AAR mod, because doing a scenario produces extreme overhead, is hard to balance, lots of work and offers little to no benefit to a savegame. But maybe it will be included in some other way, which shall remain unnamed as of jet... :closedeyes: