• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was in the original HOI2, in Hungary fascist parties were banned, yet her ideology is marked as fascist. Gyula Gömbös was also disposed for being fascist (but he died before he could receive his disposal)

Hi, Burning, I want to add events for Turkey. I am currently searching through dev_snaphot files to see what is already included. I couldn't see for example how Ottoman Empire transforms into Republic of Turkey ? Treaty of Sevres doesn't do it, where is it ?

I plan to add events for Mosul Crisis, Balkan Pact of 1934 and other economics related events.

Ok, my mistake. I found it but I want to change it, would it be suitable for you ? I think transformation into Turkey should be dependent upon victory in the independence war. So, Ottoman Empire should be transformed into Turkey only if National government win the war against Greeks. Otherwise, Greeks should take Western Anatolia and Ottoman Empire should live with whatever left of Anatolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Said_rebellion

Burning, I added few events for Sheikh Said Rebellion which is very important part of history of modern Turkey. I am currently testing them and will post them on your site if you wish to include them in your mod.

Here list of added events :

# TUR 13300412 Sheikh Said Rebellion
# TUR 13300413 Mosul Problem
# KUR 13300414 Kurdistan Revolts
# ENG 13300415 British help to Sheikh Said
# TUR 13300416 Turkish victory over Kurds
# TUR 13300417 Kurdish victory over Turkey
# KUR 13300418 Alliance with Britain

Ok, my mistake. I found it but I want to change it, would it be suitable for you ? I think transformation into Turkey should be dependent upon victory in the independence war. So, Ottoman Empire should be transformed into Turkey only if National government win the war against Greeks. Otherwise, Greeks should take Western Anatolia and Ottoman Empire should live with whatever left of Anatolia.
You are absolutely right: The current state of turkey-coverage in AAR is minimal, so we all would be greatly appreciate this :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Said_rebellion

Burning, I added few events for Sheikh Said Rebellion which is very important part of history of modern Turkey. I am currently testing them and will post them on your site if you wish to include them in your mod.

Here list of added events :

# TUR 13300412 Sheikh Said Rebellion
# TUR 13300413 Mosul Problem
# KUR 13300414 Kurdistan Revolts
# ENG 13300415 British help to Sheikh Said
# TUR 13300416 Turkish victory over Kurds
# TUR 13300417 Kurdish victory over Turkey
# KUR 13300418 Alliance with Britain

Cool, yes please!

on a sidenote:
Please, just make sure to be careful when touching something like the Armenian genocide. As afair as i remember concentration camps and such are are outlawed in the paradox forums. Also it's a very controversial topic, even today (see iteration 129292: French Parliament vs Turkey in January. :)

Last edited:
You are absolutely right: The current state of turkey-coverage in AAR is minimal, so we all would be greatly appreciate this :)

Cool, yes please!

on a sidenote:
Please, just make sure to be careful when touching something like the Armenian genocide. As afair as i remember concentration camps and such are are outlawed in the paradox forums. Also it's a very controversial topic, even today (see iteration 129292: French Parliament vs Turkey in January. :)

I don't have any intention to add anything regarding the incidents of 1915.

I added Sheikh Said Rebellion and connected it to the abolition of caliphate and Turkish claims on Mosul. I am also making changes to the formation of Turkish Republic as they are overly simplistic now, Turkey now will be formed only after successful independence war. I also added Treaty of Lausanne. By the way, There are no TUR ministers until 1933, this is also fixed.

Finally, don't worry, I am not adding anything that will break the balance of the mod, only improvements to the current system. Hopefully I will upload my work tomorrow :)

Howdy.

I'm a big fan of this mod for Darkest Hour, if for no other reason then it lets me fight from 1914 proper and not stopping dead at 21. However I have two things I want to ask.

The first is that are you aware of the number of events that just have "event_number" as the name and not a proper name?

Secondly is how difficult it is to modify this game i.e. Ireland as a British dominion from 1914?

The first is that are you aware of the number of events that just have "event_number" as the name and not a proper name??
Uh, could you give a list of the affected events + their proper names? It's extremely hard to find the affected events, once someone has missed localizing them, and added them to the game. That would help a lot.

Secondly is how difficult it is to modify this game i.e. Ireland as a British dominion from 1914?
Easy: Takes just a few lines in the scenario definition.
  • Basically you could add a treaty to the scenario file, making Ireland a puppet of England,
  • link the 1936 include-file for Ireland to the scenario and then
  • adjust England controlled Provinces to no longer include Ireland.

I don't have a list on hand but I have noticed a fair few of them in game. If i remember correctly though one of them was the founding of the league of nations. If I see them I'll make a note but they appear to all be inter-war events.

Don't suppose you have a more detailed path to doing that? y'know like db/example?

Hi Burning, I played until 1925 with latest snapshat release. Here my few notes :

+ Neither Greece nor Romania entered the war. This happens frequently in my games and ruins some post-war developments.May be it is just my bad luck, I wonder how it is in others' campaigns ?
+ Wilhelm II is still HoS for Germany. Some other WWI leaders are also ministers
+ No ministers for German Austria, Iraq.
+ Russian Civil War continues in 1925. Soviets victory became certain but it will take few years more to capture low infra areas. May be, more powerful Bolsheviks are required to make civil war end at a date more closer to historical one.
+ Kingdom of Serbs-Croats-Slovenes has cores only on Serbian territories and claims on the rest of country.
+ Soviet Hungary is still alive.
+ Germany has more IC than both France and UK. May be they need strong penalties to reflect economic turmoil after WWI.

I also finished my small improvement package for Turkey. So far, it seems ok. I used files from latest snapshot, if you didn't make changes on them, you can overwrite my files. Config file contains event descriptions, you need to copy-paste them into the newest config file for AAR. I may add more stuff for other countries too ( events-decisions, minister-event pictures etc. ), just ask for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5rbhiva2jyzuiy3

Notes :

+ Ministers for post-war era, independence war era and republic era were added.
+ Sheikh Said Rebellion event chain was added. It was connected to Turkish claims on Mosul and Abolition of Caliphate.
+ Treaty of Lausanne will transform Ottoman Empire into Turkey. If Greece defeats Turkish Army, then Ottoman Empire will continue to live with whatever left of Anatolia.
+ Turkey will cede Erevan and Nakhcivan back to Soviets with Treaty of Kars.

For future work; I plan to add events for Mustafa Kemal's consolidation of power in Turkey and more realistic Greek-Turkish war.

Last edited:
And a screen from Sheikh Said Rebellion :

I6ruZ.png

Last edited:
@Makif

Yeah I've had the Greeks sitting out before. Only when I did a game as them was I able to get them into the war.

Wilhelm 2 as German HOS is the same here and I'm sure that a few WW1 ministers are kicking around as well. I've also had "Russia" form from partisans in the Soviet Union headed by Nicholas 2.

@Makif

Yeah I've had the Greeks sitting out before. Only when I did a game as them was I able to get them into the war.

Wilhelm 2 as German HOS is the same here and I'm sure that a few WW1 ministers are kicking around as well. I've also had "Russia" form from partisans in the Soviet Union headed by Nicholas 2.

I searched through AAR files and couldn't find any German cabinet events for post-WWI era, only vanilla Abdication of Wilhelm II event that puts social democrat ministers. I guess there are not any events yet for inter-war German governments.

As for Greece, I think their problem is "small chances". Few events are needed to fire in order to finally bring Greece into war. However, "random chances" for these events are very small and thus the likelihood of Greece entering the war before the failure of Spring Offensive becomes small as well.

+ Neither Greece nor Romania entered the war. This happens frequently in my games and ruins some post-war developments.May be it is just my bad luck, I wonder how it is in others' campaigns ?
AAR does not touch the DH-full events; I thought about rewriting those, but it would just result in little benefit for a lot of work. 1.03 will change this anyway, so...

+ Russian Civil War continues in 1925. Soviets victory became certain but it will take few years more to capture low infra areas. May be, more powerful Bolsheviks are required to make civil war end at a date more closer to historical one.
+ Wilhelm II is still HoS for Germany. Some other WWI leaders are also ministers
+ No ministers for German Austria, Iraq.
I searched through AAR files and couldn't find any German cabinet events for post-WWI era, only vanilla Abdication of Wilhelm II event that puts social democrat ministers. I guess there are not any events yet for inter-war German governments.
That's why i created this thread, which is a call for help.

+ Germany has more IC than both France and UK. May be they need strong penalties to reflect economic turmoil after WWI.
Strange, i've never experienced this in my games, usually GER has about 150-160 IC in 1934, while ENG has 180-190 and FRA 140 in 1934.

+ Kingdom of Serbs-Croats-Slovenes has cores only on Serbian territories and claims on the rest of country.
+ Soviet Hungary is still alive.
Fixed in the final release.

Thanks your contribution, I'll try it out! If it functions well I'm thinking about including it in the coming release, if that's alright with you.

AAR does not touch the DH-full events; I thought about rewriting those, but it would just result in little benefit for a lot of work. 1.03 will change this anyway, so...

That's why i created this thread, which is a call for help.

Strange, i've never experienced this in my games, usually GER has about 150-160 IC in 1934, while ENG has 180-190 and FRA 140 in 1934.

Fixed in the final release.

Thanks your contribution, I'll try it out! If it functions well I'm thinking about including it in the coming release, if that's alright with you.

In fact, we could easily increase the chance of Greece entering into war. If you also experience that Greece doesn't enter into war most of the time. Just increasing "random" chances a little bit would solve the problem.

German IC is near 150 in 1925, France and England IC is lower than this. I mean in 1920s German economy was in ruins, may be adding IC penalty could reflect this situation, just an idea.

I tested my small improvement package until 1925, anyway it shouldn't have any effect after that date. If you encounter a problem in your test, just tell me so that I could correct things you don't like or don't work.

For inter-war German ministers, if you haven't started the work yet, I can prepare election-cabinet change package for Germany ?

Last edited:
Post 1.03, we won't have old ministers problems if the database is updated properly to include deathdate. We'll have MISSING ministers problems. Just an fyi.

It'll be good if someone contributes the minister set for other countries such as Germany.

Did you fix the list of events without event names I posted in http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/ticket/123?

There is an unofficial pre-bugfix version that was released very recently. Look some posts back for it.

I can offer some research on some interwar ministers if you want.

Can't program them into game but willing to learn.

That would be great! Ministers and Commanders are saved as Comma Separated Files (CSV), which you can for example create with MS Excel or Libreoffice Calc.
Look into your db/ministers directory to see the exact layout of these files. Minister names must not contain double quotes, Dollar-Signs, Semicolons or Percent-signs (why-ever one might want to use those in names.)

Beware:
In patch 1.03, a new Row will be added into these tables: Retirement Year
This row will be situation between "End Year" and "Ideology"