• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if your integrating AAR please change the way Canada/UoB is. Out of all the nations i find this one the most unrealistic (except Qing) and ever so slightly offensive (i do mean slightly)
Canada was a British colony therefore they have no right to remove the king like they can do, it's hardcoded into their constitution that the monarch is the head of state. If anything anti British would come from Canada it would be from Quebec only. And of all the issue surrounding KR's possible alt history the simple acceptance of Communism in Britain is the second most unrealistic after the Qing dynasty managing to stay alive after suffering such loses to Germany. Scotland would have declared independence before they let a British republic exist and the King was very popular back then so civil unrest would have been common until it was restored or beaten out of them.

If i Could change one thing about KR it would be the UoB/Canada situation because i like the Qing presence even if it's very unlikely

Thanks for your feedback razor. I'm sure both Burning and I appreciate discussions such as yours on issues regarding KR integration.
______
Integration does not mean we will force it to happen if Germany wins WWI. It would be VERY EASY for us if that was our goal. Just slap in the KR events and add a transition event for every country. Instead, we will be integrating it carefully with realistic checks. Will it be possible for you to get a KR resolution after integration? Yes. Will it be likely/happen 100% of the time if realistic requirements aren't met? No.
______
As such, it is great when we get feedback such as this from players since I'm not an expert on KR history (neither is Burning iirc), so comments such as yours will help us greatly when we go to implementing the integration (which will not be until version 1.6.0)

if your integrating AAR please change the way Canada/UoB is. Out of all the nations i find this one the most unrealistic (except Qing) and ever so slightly offensive (i do mean slightly)
Canada was a British colony therefore they have no right to remove the king like they can do, it's hardcoded into their constitution that the monarch is the head of state. If anything anti British would come from Canada it would be from Quebec only. And of all the issue surrounding KR's possible alt history the simple acceptance of Communism in Britain is the second most unrealistic after the Qing dynasty managing to stay alive after suffering such loses to Germany. Scotland would have declared independence before they let a British republic exist and the King was very popular back then so civil unrest would have been common until it was restored or beaten out of them.

If i Could change one thing about KR it would be the UoB/Canada situation because i like the Qing presence even if it's very unlikely

The Qing will likely go. It's just ridiculous...a Manchu monarchy would just be such a hard pill for the Han Chinese to swallow after its struggles. All I can see happening realistically is this: A division of China (under many different forms of government suited to it's respective races) or a united republic. Both will have imperial concessions to an extent which would probably be much less than what's currently in Kaiserreich (I'd say control of the productive coastal provinces...legation cities)...or none at all, provided there will be a choice.

If you really want to stretch it as far as you can, a Han Empire is probably the best you can do with China. But the fact is that the Han MUST be satisfied if anything will work in a united China...even if every other group disagrees. The Han are the key to control in China...the majority, thus the most powerful.

The Qing will likely go. It's just ridiculous...a Manchu monarchy would just be such a hard pill for the Han Chinese to swallow after its struggles. All I can see happening realistically is this: A division of China (under many different forms of government suited to it's respective races) or a united republic. Both will have imperial concessions to an extent which would probably be much less than what's currently in Kaiserreich (I'd say control of the productive coastal provinces...legation cities)...or none at all, provided there will be a choice.

If you really want to stretch it as far as you can, a Han Empire is probably the best you can do with China. But the fact is that the Han MUST be satisfied if anything will work in a united China...even if every other group disagrees. The Han are the key to control in China...the majority, thus the most powerful.

A chart that explains what I intend to implement in the China theater. As you can see, Qing (KR) is only one of many outcomes. And of course, it would only be a puppet with control of Southern China since I doubt Japan would allow Germany to get to Manchuria. (This would mean a rebellion in Manchuria, Japan subsidizing Beiyang government to maintain industry in Northeastern China while Germany puts down rebellions for Qing in the south). Of course, a human player Germany needs to first get land to set up the Qing in the south in an active intervention during the interwar era via conquest.

cu5y9l2c7i7s0yt6g.jpg

Last edited:
A chart that explains what I intend to implement in the China theater. As you can see, Qing (KR) is only one of many outcomes. And of course, it would only be a puppet with control of Southern China since I doubt Japan would allow Germany to get to Manchuria. (This would mean a rebellion in Manchuria, Japan subsidizing Beiyang government to maintain industry in Northeastern China while Germany puts down rebellions for Qing in the south). Of course, a human player Germany needs to first get land to set up the Qing in the south in an active intervention during the interwar era via conquest.

cu5y9l2c7i7s0yt6g.jpg

Looks good so far!

So is Russia going to be included in this? If China joins the Central powers, Russia will be in a two front war...if there's some military genius player at the helm, I assume that Xinjiang, Manchuria and Mongolia (in its entirety) etc. will be puppeted/annexed by Russia? Thinking about this scenario...I can see Japan possibly switching sides as a result of a Chinese war with Russia...their interests would now be directly at risk.

Also, One thing you can take from KR for definite is a variation of Japan's domestic issues/policy. The effects of the 2/26 incident (Kodoha gaining power and how they gained power) seem to work okay. All that's needed is a change in the wording and possible circumstance...it would be a good template.

what about an event for germany of building the concentration camps

NO this topic is banned from the paradox forums and from the Game for a reason. We've had a lengthy discussion on these issue, also on the AAR website, and in the end the flow of the discussion only showed why such a ban was imposed by Paradox. Because there are always some people who misuse a such a feature "to do a thorough holocaust" and create their ideal Tausendjähriges Reich... Having such things opens door for a lot of crazy manics. Of course, banning the topic by itself is not good either... censorship always backfires. Please don't request such things.

ok sorry for it

:) No problem. But thanks for wanting to help to improve the mod! Feedback is always welcome.

AAR 1.4.1.1 IS RELEASED!
This is a minor maintenance release. For a list of changes, please see ticket 210 on the AAR website.
Most changes included in this release involve optimized ai behavior and/or backend behavior of event systems. As a result, you do not need to abandon a current 1.4.1 savegame. When reporting a bug, however, it is recommended for you to verify the bug exists in this version.

Discuss past, present, and future versions of AAR here!

AAR Developers: Burning, Limith
Current and Past Contributors: El_que, Horton13, makif130289, Nymet260, Pasalietis, Sargeras, Steppen,

Special Thanks to:
AC, clanjay, delanonne, dukeofboom, Fernando, kaiserfranz, mib, old'joe, Tipsy3000, TJ Arnold, whatguts

The person responsible for the original idea for this mod was Ostheim. Thanks for your effort Ostheim!

Installation Instructions
1. Install over a copy of your Darkest Hour Full folder (ex. named as Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions). Please do so over a unmodified 1.02 FINAL copy. We are not responsible for incorrect installations with modified copies! We are also not responsible if you overwrite your original copy! Generally sound advice: NEVER MODIFY YOUR ORIGINAL COPY!
1a. You do this by making a copy of the DH Full folder.
1b. Rename it AAR.
1c. Extract all files in the AAR 1.4.1 release and copy into your AAR directory. When prompted, say yes to overwriting all files.
2. Start Darkest Hour with AAR as your mod.
3. Select Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Scenario with end date set to "Scenario End Date" and Tech Team Takeover Off
Please, please, please, do not ask us why your game ends in 1921. It won't if you follow the installation instructions.

Important Information!
General Information
-Play with tech team takeover off!!! There is a game engine bug that will be fixed in 1.03 regarding tech team takeover. Under certain circumstances, your game might freeze.
-Please report bugs regarding AAR at http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/newticket
-View currently known bugs at http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/report
-Please report all World War I bugs to the Darkest Hour Team. AAR does not modify World War I.

"why is there VP everywhere? Why can't I blitzkreig and annex"
The AAR devs believe VP everywhere does not prevent blitzkreig. I personally feel it makes things more realistic, but that aside, vp everywhere is for an upcoming feature. I'm 99.999% sure I removed it for this release. If, for some reason, it is not fixed in your local copy (probably installed it wrong), simply do the following to fix it if you are really annoyed by it.
Copy scenarios/1914/vp.inc from your vanilla DH FULL and overwrite the one in AAR.

CCIP Release Notes
-The formation of the Zhili Clique is the last official event included in this release. Everything that happens afterward are placeholder events.
-Ministers, leaders, and tech teams have not yet been added, therefore some of the events might seem to have little or no impact based on their descriptions.
-Do not play as Guangxi Clique from the start of the scenario. Doing so might result in: (a)Game Freeze, (b)Messed up Event Chains, or (c)Guaranteed Gameover.
-Do not disband or rename divisions gained via event or existing at start for China factions. While I haven't gotten a game freeze (tbh I haven't tested what happens), this is very likely to mess up event chains. Feel free to rename unit names and change their attachments.
-To play as Nationalist China: - Start the game as Yunnan. Once the National Protection War is over, choose "Side with Sun Zhongshan"
-To load as the National Protection Alliance: - Select Nationalist China in the savegame. This is a game engine bug where flags and names of countries are not shown on the main screen.
-To load as Imperial China: - Select Northern China in the savegame. This is a game engine bug where flags and names of countries are not shown on the main screen.
-To load as Beiyang China: - Select Republic of China in the savegame. This is a game engine bug where flags and names of countries are not shown on the main screen.
-To play as Beiyang China: - Start the game as Republic of China.
-Please push for 21 demands when you play as Japan to avoid event chain breakage.

Please report any/all bugs up until the formation of Zhili Clique on the AAR trac website. Please do no report minister/leader/tech team bugs. If you cheat or do something very ahistorical, there is no guarantee event chains will still work properly (although I tried my best to accommodate certain actions such as factions not existing or divisions being destroyed/renamed). Please do report broken event chains as a result of doing something ahistorical that is feasible (you can list cheats in steps for how to easily recreate it).

Last edited:
Does AAR currently support any Imperial Russian victory scenario? I can't seem to find any event files for Russia, except for the civil war...

do you mean winning the civil war while at war with Germany? i don't think there's any alternative history yet as the focus is still on interwar and china

Well, simply staying as the Romanovs in the interwar period. Are there any events for them post-1918?
i think i'll work on them extensively on summer :)
Imperial Russia is very huge alternative for start in 1914 and play up to mid-century. And in game since 1914 its more then just probable for USSR to not appear, it defining by tons of events and ww1 situation and can sway in any possible direction.

Also I think to copy some parts from KR alternative 36'Russia is somehow right, because many got used to those KRsettings. I mean those popular russian white leaders, ministers, overall growing power of military leaders, possibilities of harsh autocrati dictatorship or nationalistic dictatorship.

I can email you the leaders for Anhui, Zhili, Guominjun, Yunnan, Nationalist China tag, and fengtian. The files would need the pics that I sent you for the ministers the time before, but I've got some extra ones as well.