• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No, no - the limits should only be taking effect if you're in the League of Nations, iirc. If you refuse to join, then you should have free reign over your forces.
Not really, no. The limits have nothing to do with the League of Nations. Only the naval-treaty limitations are... treaty bound, and you can refuse to sign such a treaty.
Most major nations in the interwar times were democracies. They had a very hard time maintaining or even financing their armies as they historically were (except for Japan). That's why there is a limitation. Else someone will stockpile tac-bombers as belgium during the interwar era and then steamroll-bomb their 20-division army through germany in 1940. Feel free to deactivate those events by deleting them from the event files, though.

No, no - the limits should only be taking effect if you're in the League of Nations, iirc. If you refuse to join, then you should have free reign over your forces.
If you did that once again countries like America would build stupid amounts of IC and pretty much break that game. As for minor powers the limits are fairish for the most part, some should be bumped up say for Belgium, Netherlands, Canada, and Australia.

Really? When I last checekd, I thought force-size limits were based on LoN membership. IC and Infra construction modifiers do apply for all nations I know that but..

Hmm, I must have remembered things wrong. Sorry for that then.

Not really, no. The limits have nothing to do with the League of Nations. Only the naval-treaty limitations are... treaty bound, and you can refuse to sign such a treaty.
Most major nations in the interwar times were democracies. They had a very hard time maintaining or even financing their armies as they historically were (except for Japan). That's why there is a limitation. Else someone will stockpile tac-bombers as belgium during the interwar era and then steamroll-bomb their 20-division army through germany in 1940. Feel free to deactivate those events by deleting them from the event files, though.

I guess, Thank you.. I'd simply want a nation led by how I would lead it, not by how they'd do it. I want Belgium to be known in WW2 as a country that made a difference, not that got overrun ;c Disabling the events is sure to glitch the rest of the game though? Siigghh. Naval I don't mind as much, but air.. is bad.

I had a question about limits:

I like the idea of unit limits because currently in HoI2/DH it's easy to build a huge military without very many repercussions (while in real life raising armies or especially building ships was very expensive), however, is there a way to limit a 25-year player building spree more discreetly than through events? The events seem heavy-handed and break immersion.

Cheers,

kilolima

..Uh-huh? So leaving the smaller powers under-powered isn't an issue? Is there no way to disable the event for your own nation?

Why- in the frame of a realism mod that already has huge balance challenges due to its extended time span- should minor powers be able to change history through gamey game-play? They are under-powered because they are MINORS.

Why- in the frame of a realism mod that already has huge balance challenges due to its extended time span- should minor powers be able to change history through gamey game-play? They are under-powered because they are MINORS.

What point is playing this game in any nation other then America, Russia or the UK if you know you're going to get annihilated if you can't change anything? None, that's what.

Also I know I had to alter the disarment event so that I could build HQ's again after army reductions. Something you might want to look into Limith.

When I reported that in an AAR thread, they made a bug report about it on their site, but it's low priority (it should be a massive priority IMHO, as it essentially breaks combat for all nations).

When I reported that in an AAR thread, they made a bug report about it on their site, but it's low priority (it should be a massive priority IMHO, as it essentially breaks combat for all nations).

It's a low priority cause we already fixed it. :)

There is quite a few things going on behind the scenes for AAR right now (not much has been committed to the AAR SVN). Can't say much though or it'll break the surprise. :D

Do the limitations only involve fleet and air, or land forces too? Because if it doesn't, that isn't so bad I guess. I'm Sweden, I have entire Denmark, Norway, Lovonia and Estonia annexed, and still I can't have six transports? ;/

Land forces and Air force, Naval only if you sign the Washington treaty.

I've always had it say I got too many transports, even as Sweden and I signed nothing.

Bloody hell Finland is hard to get, I annexed Denmark (Green and Iceland too.), Norway, Lithuania, Estonia gave me all their lands when I demanded them, Livonia, yet I can't stand up to Finland. Daaayymmnn.

And.. Has there been a dev or so to answer if it's possible to shut down the limits for only one nation?

russia conquers poland?

Hi,

I play as germany during this whole mod and some things doesnt add up.

i saw poland getting conquered by russia, i thought that poland won from russia in august 1921. instead, i saw them getting conquered, they created poland as a puppet and the events during ww2 for poland never occurred. what do i need to change to make poland still its own country? thx to the save game bug i got save games of every month so i can go back in time and then fix it.

also, the reinstatement of the wehrmacht event *if there are any* also never occurred. instead, i had to create my own troops. now i dont mind that really, its cool i can make my own army so thats not really a big deal.

I thought I made an event to prevent Poland from getting conquered. *goes to check the triggers for the event*

Aside from political events, great depression, reparations, there aren't that many events for the Wehrmacht. I know DH Full has some of those events, so they should occur since we included all of DH Full's events in the AAR scenario.

I thought I made an event to prevent Poland from getting conquered. *goes to check the triggers for the event*

so i loaded the savegame where russia is supposed to make peace with poland. maybe the event has to do with the uprising of russia? when i loaded the save game russia only had 12% revolt. it wasnt until 30% revolt that poland offered a peace offer to russia, but by that time russia almost defeated the small factions that revolted against russia so it took some huge make peace/declare war effort to get the revolt that high.

EDIT

anyway, i was able to prevent poland from getting conquered. im not far enough for the ww2 events to take place but im sure its fixed now. you look into that event tho that prevents poland from getting conquered, maybe another event prevents it from working?

Don't worry - Poland getting conquered is a rather rare case. Seeing how ridiculously often it tends to curbstomp Russia from what I've seen. (Perhaps a bit of a nerf is in order?)

Not really. It just offers historical borders in peace after it curbstomps russia for a while.