• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, is the the newest version released or not yet? If so, is it on http://aarmod.cfuchs.net/?
Can't wait, it looks perfect, when I read all these news and comments.:)

Curiosity: when you start a testplay you load a savegame or start from WW1?
During development I usually start from WW1 if there were major changes; Balancing, teaking and fixing can be done based on savegames from the very end of WW1 (before any major nation got defeated).

Last edited:
Hi, Burning I finished most of my work on German ministers. I have one question; what was the reason behind Wilhelm II becoming German president after WWI ? Because There is vanilla event that makes "Vollzgusrat" as HoS. I ask this to learn if there is anything that should be taken into consideration while writing election events.

Another thing is transformation of Weimar into fascist Germany. I think making Germany a dictatorship slowly is not really realistic. Nazis didn't come when Germany became dicatorship, They came to power using the democracy. So, I think instead of making Germany "fascist" by events, it would be much better to make Nazis came to power by elections. I have already included this in my election work. I added "enabling act" decision in 1933 scenario to AAR to make Germany dictatorship with this event. Also, there is communist alternative path, with Thalmann becoming president or chancellor in 1932. Hitler also could come to power earlier if player chooses to make him president in 1932 presidential elections. So, I deleted persistent "decline of the republic" events as they are not necessary anymore and very simplistic. What do you think about this ? If you wish, I may just add minister changes until the rise of Hitler without making any changes related to the rise of Hitler.

If those are in the Darkest Hour repo already, then thanks for the hint! I've lost track of what changed in the DH-Full databases, and it's definitely less work for you if you tell me which minister dbs are already extended in the DH-repo, so i can sync AAR to those files. :) (unless the Devs object to this.)

Oh, I only just put them up on the scenario 1914 forum for the guys to look at. If you want I could email them to you?

Do you plan to modify cores/claims for any countries?

-Gain core on Knin (All start dates)
This would complete Italian claims on Dalmatia which currently is restricted to a few provinces that arent connected to one another. Italy claimed the whole of Dalmatia as part of the Italian irredenta not just parts of it.

-Gain Core on karlovac (All Start Dtates)
Same as above.

-Gain Core of Lugano (1914 Scenario only)
Italy had claims to the Italian speaking areas of Switzerland (Ticino Lugano etc) before the Rise of Mussolini. As such the core should be added to Lugano for Italy in the 1914 Scenario.

-Lose Core on kalymnos and Rhodos, The Dodecanese (Greek Aegean islands)
These where italian colonial holdings like Libya Albania Ethiopia etc. They should be treated like the rest and simply be claims not cores. They where a greek majority territory and Italy lost them after the war. They shouldnt be considered a core rather a claim.

Greece:

-Gain Core Adrianople (1914 Scenario)
As part of the Megali Idea Greece should get cores of all of Ottoman Europe.

-Gain core on Cyprus (1933 and beyond)

-Gain claim (Atleast) on Turkish Europe (1933 and beyond)
The Population transfer didnt effect Istanbul or portions of ottoman Europe thus claims on these area are still within reason.

Turkey:
-Gain core on Cyrpus (1933 and beyond)

Bolivia has wrong cores in Chile - it should have cores in Antofagasta (ID 2025) instead of Iquique (ID 2024). Also Peru should have cores in Chile - in Iquique (ID 2024).

Do you plan to modify cores/claims for any countries?

-Gain core on Knin (All start dates)
This would complete Italian claims on Dalmatia which currently is restricted to a few provinces that arent connected to one another. Italy claimed the whole of Dalmatia as part of the Italian irredenta not just parts of it.

-Gain Core on karlovac (All Start Dtates)
Same as above.

-Gain Core of Lugano (1914 Scenario only)
Italy had claims to the Italian speaking areas of Switzerland (Ticino Lugano etc) before the Rise of Mussolini. As such the core should be added to Lugano for Italy in the 1914 Scenario.

-Lose Core on kalymnos and Rhodos, The Dodecanese (Greek Aegean islands)
These where italian colonial holdings like Libya Albania Ethiopia etc. They should be treated like the rest and simply be claims not cores. They where a greek majority territory and Italy lost them after the war. They shouldnt be considered a core rather a claim.

Those should be added by events. For most of the 1933 cores/claims, Italy could receive those after leaving the League of Nations. Would that be plausible?
If you like, you could create a list of province-IDs, so I can quickly add/change the cores/claims in question with the 1.4.0.

Greece:

-Gain Core Adrianople (1914 Scenario)
As part of the Megali Idea Greece should get cores of all of Ottoman Europe.

-Gain core on Cyprus (1933 and beyond)

-Gain claim (Atleast) on Turkish Europe (1933 and beyond)
The Population transfer didnt effect Istanbul or portions of ottoman Europe thus claims on these area are still within reason.

Turkey:
-Gain core on Cyrpus (1933 and beyond)

Added, thanks!

Bolivia has wrong cores in Chile - it should have cores in Antofagasta (ID 2025) instead of Iquique (ID 2024). Also Peru should have cores in Chile - in Iquique (ID 2024).
I guess that will be fixed in DH-Full 1.03.

Hi. I am playing with Japan (this AAR version 1.4.0 that you put for testing) and the date is April 1925. Things in Asia are great - all the events and ministers are in place, but not in Europe. Lenin is still alive, Soviet Union doesn't have Chief of the Air Force, Germany has a Generic minister (Manners) as Head of State - they are Market Liberal, Austria has only 2 ministers - Heinrich Mataja and Ignaz Seipel, Hungary misses 4 ministers, Czechoslovakia 2. Albania has only 2 ministers.

Hi. I am playing with Japan (this AAR version 1.4.0 that you put for testing) and the date is April 1925. Things in Asia are great - all the events and ministers are in place, but not in Europe. Lenin is still alive, Soviet Union doesn't have Chief of the Air Force, Germany has a Generic minister (Manners) as Head of State - they are Market Liberal, Austria has only 2 ministers - Heinrich Mataja and Ignaz Seipel, Hungary misses 4 ministers, Czechoslovakia 2. Albania has only 2 ministers.

I added all German ministers between 1919-1933 and fixed Lenin thing so that Kalinin will replace him in 1924. Also, I added one more "Stalin consolidates power" event that will eliminate Kamenev-Zinoviev clique and will bring Soviet cabinet to 1936 setup.

Hopefully, I will send my changes to Burning today. I just need to test a little bit more.

I added all German ministers between 1919-1933 and fixed Lenin thing so that Kalinin will replace him in 1924. Also, I added one more "Stalin consolidates power" event that will eliminate Kamenev-Zinoviev clique and will bring Soviet cabinet to 1936 setup.

Hopefully, I will send my changes to Burning today. I just need to test a little bit more.

That's great. Also, Soviet Union never annexed UFA Directory, although they've taken all their territories.

Burning:

I dont think events related to the league of nations would be historical. The new cores represent Italian Irredenta in full. Meaning the missing parts of Dalmatia. Lugano is a core in all but 1914 which is strange to me. Italy should Lose the cores on the Greek islands and they should be only Claims like in 1914 scenario as few Italians lived their and they where colonial holdings similar to Libya or Somalia.

Here are the province ids you request:

Gain Core-

Knin: 351
Karlovac: 347
Lugano: 390

Lose Core-

Kalymnos: 378
Rodos: 379

Do you need the ID's for the greek/turkish core revisions?

Id be interested in helping you with cores/claims etc. if you need any help in that department.

Burning:

I dont think events related to the league of nations would be historical. The new cores represent Italian Irredenta in full. Meaning the missing parts of Dalmatia. Lugano is a core in all but 1914 which is strange to me. Italy should Lose the cores on the Greek islands and they should be only Claims like in 1914 scenario as few Italians lived their and they where colonial holdings similar to Libya or Somalia.

Here are the province ids you request:

Gain Core-

Knin: 351
Karlovac: 347
Lugano: 390

Lose Core-

Kalymnos: 378
Rodos: 379

Do you need the ID's for the greek/turkish core revisions?

Id be interested in helping you with cores/claims etc. if you need any help in that department.
Thanks, I'll add those to the Italian post WW1 events.
Having a list of Greek/Turkish revisions would be very useful, simply to check my changes against them.

Thanks, I'll add those to the Italian post WW1 events.
Having a list of Greek/Turkish revisions would be very useful, simply to check my changes against them.

Just see my first post with the core suggestions for greece/turkey.

I think Italy should have these cores or as claims for the 1914 scenario since Dalmatia was a war aim of Italy during WW1 and not acquiring it at the end of the war was something that lead to the rise of Mussolini.

Is there a event in place that could give Italy more land than it traditionally acquired post WW1 based on their performance? ive conquered all of Dalmatia/Istria/Trentino yet I am always forced to get only the historic territories because Yugoslavia is made and gets the rest.

Hey Burning, do you know why sometimes HoG and HoS ministers are replaced randomly ? I saw this first in Wilhelm II case. He abdicates and new event bring new HoS and HoG but right after that he returns back along with Von Bülow as HoG. I now realized that same happened with Mehmed V of Ottoman Empire.

AI also chaged HoG without any event. This is really annoying as it makes minister events pretty much meaningless.

If a country's ideology changes, that happens. Alternatively, some sort of tag changing or other event is causing it. Remember, sleepminister sleeps all ministers with a given name.

Is there a event in place that could give Italy more land than it traditionally acquired post WW1 based on their performance? ive conquered all of Dalmatia/Istria/Trentino yet I am always forced to get only the historic territories because Yugoslavia is made and gets the rest.

such an event would be hard to get unless we record how well each nation is doing PRIOR to peace. AAR tries not to modify DH vanilla 1914 (except in China...:p), so I don't know if that would be feasible without modifying vanilla peace events.

If a country's ideology changes, that happens. Alternatively, some sort of tag changing or other event is causing it. Remember, sleepminister sleeps all ministers with a given name.

Yes but shouldn't it require big shift in ideology ? For example, Germany became Social Liberal after the war ( This is vanilla event ) and then Wilhelm II return and all Wilhelm II characters have "Paternal Autocrat" ideology.

Guys, I think there may be a problem with minister replacement events and save-reloads. Germany got defated and Wilhelm II abdicated. Republic was proclamied and Social Liberal cabinet was formed. Two days later, I saved and reloaded, then the problem aroused : Germany has Wilhelm II and Von Bülow as ministers again in spite of the fact that they were slept by vanilla events.

Same thing with Ottoman Empire. I saved right after "The Outcome of the Great War (historical)" event and reloaded again. Old ministers again returned back. But when I didn't quit, they remain same.

I played with Germany (hardest/aggressive) - and many events never occurred. I tried to stick to the historical events, but when Austria-Hungary was defeated, there were no ministers in Austria. It's May 1918, I took Lithuania and some other Russian provinces, but an armed insurrection in Petrograd and other events never occurred. Do you know why is that?
Also, Bulgaria went armistice without even being attacked or loosed a province.