• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, Burning...you've accomplished so much with this mod, have a ways left to go and it seems like everyone is trying to bend your ear. The good thing is you've got plenty of feedback, it looks like! I hope you stick with the mod.

My best wishes for further success, further stabilizing and adding the to this very worthy endeavor!

Anybody else having a problem with a freeze up in 1929, October when Egypt forms?

Just a quick question.

Is there anything in this mod about Ireland? The Darkest Hour WWI "Easter Rising" event is a little poo, i was just wondering if there was anything done via events to simulate the Irish war of Independence and the Irish Civil war? Would be interesting.

This mod freezes up whenever Egypt is formed.

This mod freezes up whenever Egypt is formed.
Hello Son! No need to do multiple postings on this. This is known bug in the current mod version, and will be solved in the next release. If you scroll back a few pages, you will see how to fix this by yourself in advance (it involved the incorrect handing over of one of the yemeni provinces).

Just a quick question.

Is there anything in this mod about Ireland? The Darkest Hour WWI "Easter Rising" event is a little poo, i was just wondering if there was anything done via events to simulate the Irish war of Independence and the Irish Civil war? Would be interesting.

In a sense, yes. The struggle of independence is not simulated, but irelad is formed by event. A few days after ireland gains independence, northern ireland will secede away from the republic of ireland, and the UK will get a choice to annex them. If ireland chooses to press for unification, they start a civil war with northern ireland. If all goes down the road historically, northern ireland is annexed by britain, and ireland remains a vassal, until their own constitution is ratified.

Wow, Burning...you've accomplished so much with this mod, have a ways left to go and it seems like everyone is trying to bend your ear. The good thing is you've got plenty of feedback, it looks like! I hope you stick with the mod.

My best wishes for further success, further stabilizing and adding the to this very worthy endeavor!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you people like it, all the feedback is greatly appreciated. :)
Over the course of the past two months i had little time for anything besides nasty math bridge-courses at university (moving to another university for your masters is ugly business...). But soon there will be christmas, and all i will finally have a few spare days. :) So keep it up!

Oh, and if you notice bugs which have not been named by now, please note them on the website or here, so i can fix them in the next revision!

I have a few ideas concerning Post WW1 Russia in case of a victory in the Eastern Front:

1. It should have a option to liberalize. By AI terms it would be unlikely thanks to the autocratic nature of the government. But it could be a option as i can quell most unrests in the Empire including the nationalistic problems since a prosperous and liberal Russia with a conservative representative(the Tzar) would make them more peaceful. Also a free market system if chosen can invite investments from the other Entente countries and even former Central Powers. That could kick in a moderate boom and if sustained and the obstacles presented by the Great Depresion overcame then the Empire would come to the same levels of IC as SU was in 1936. But it would be in a longer pace. So I would propose like 1945-1950. Also events that stimulate discoveries of resources would be great since that would help to tackle the raw material shortages.

2. Of cource the second would be stay autocratic. It would also be sustainable for a short period of time since the victory would reassure all levels of the society that the Empire is still strong. In a longer term still it wouldn't be sustainable since the fervor would die down and if the player hasn't made effort thourgh events then a revolution would loom in the horizon. Ofcourse in terms of industry the most likely variant is that the military industry is improved.

I would persume that these are taken into effect after the historical paths are finished but still and idea is a idea. Please if there are some criticism to my ideas please post them. Also sorry for my obvious grammar mistakes:)

I can't find the event description text. Searched in event_text.csv and the other text files but nothing.
Can you help me please?
sure thing, all the descriptions(actually all other text/localization) reside in config/mods.csv

Just out of curiousity, what are you planning on adding/chaning? Care to share your work, when you are finished?

Of course. Right now I'm reviewing Serbia/Yugoslavia, Hungary and Austria and added some event for the Fiume venture for Italy.

I'm thinking of modify the Treaties of Saint Germain en Laye and Trianon in order to include German Austria and Communist Hungary.

However I still got events that fire after 1933 and deathdates to 01/01/36. Should I delete/change them?

Hi all. Has anyone ever seen the Japan AI beat the Chinese AI in this mod? I have played more than a dozen games and Japan has always lost Korea to the Chinese shortly after the war starts in 1932. This includes two tries by me as Japan to try and beat the Chinese. I think that the system that has all of China constantly at war produces some very experienced units and leaders for the Chinese. The first time I tried this I figured that I was outnumbered but had better units. I was wrong and got creamed. The second time I built as many divisions as I could and even delayed the start of the war by a year and still got creamed. So please let us know what your experience has been with China vs Japan. If it always goes in favor of China then Burning might want to adjust things a little for balance.
d

Hi all. Has anyone ever seen the Japan AI beat the Chinese AI in this mod? I have played more than a dozen games and Japan has always lost Korea to the Chinese shortly after the war starts in 1932. This includes two tries by me as Japan to try and beat the Chinese. I think that the system that has all of China constantly at war produces some very experienced units and leaders for the Chinese. The first time I tried this I figured that I was outnumbered but had better units. I was wrong and got creamed. The second time I built as many divisions as I could and even delayed the start of the war by a year and still got creamed. So please let us know what your experience has been with China vs Japan. If it always goes in favor of China then Burning might want to adjust things a little for balance.
d

For full historical accuracy, China should probably not be able to mobilize all of her divisions in the war. The central kmt clique was focused on suppressing communists for good reason (CCIP included a communist agitation event if a provincial capital was not garrisoned). Jiang Jie Shi did not want a war with Japan because he felt China would have only been prepared for a full scale war after the Communists were defeated and China finished modernizing (his estimation was around 1945 or later). Course, I disagree with his belief, as would any China player. China probably couldn't have fought battles without huge manpower losses, but occupation is an equal challenge for Japan.

Last edited:
For full historical accuracy, China should probably not be able to mobilize all of her divisions in the war. The central kmt clique was focused on suppressing communists for good reason (CCIP included a communist agitation event if a provincial capital was not garrisoned). Jiang Jie Shi did not want a war with Japan because he felt China would have only been prepared for a full scale war after the Communists were defeated and China finished modernizing (his estimation was around 1945 or later). Course, I disagree with his belief, as would any China player. China probably couldn't have fought battles without huge manpower losses, but occupation is an equal challenge for Japan.

Hey Limith thanks. I did a lot of research yesterday about the situation in China during the conquest of Manchuria. The Japanese as always were outnumbered but had very little problem taking Manchuria. The Chinese resistance was very disorganized. So instead of always losing the battle for Manchuria and also losing Korea, Japan should be able to take Manchuria at least 9 times out of ten. They did have a lot of partisan activity until later in 32. So Burning could you please look at this?
d

Thanks for your analysis & report! I will look into it, how about adding some negative organizational effects for the duration of the war to nat-chi?

Thanks for your analysis & report! I will look into it, how about adding some negative organizational effects for the duration of the war to nat-chi?

Well...depends on if you have implemented half strength divisions (Natchi), and double strength divisions (Jap) along with tech. I didn't really need to implement org effects in CCIP for Japan to win in 1936 scenario, just a unit cap and division modifiers as historic.

As for Manchurian war, a good event chain would be
JAP - Chooses to have war - Decides Full Scale war (+ Dissent) or Limited "Incident.
-If Full Scale War:
--China mobilizes, Japan mobilizes
--NatChi annexes CGX, CSX, CXB
--+ Belligerence Japan
--20% Chance of early United Front
--50% Chance of end communist agitation (+IC, -Dissent, +Morale/Organization) if no united front
--30% Chance of losing border provinces to CHC (although CHC would get dissent from this as they would be seen as unpatriotic), + Dissent (anti-communist hardliners)
-If Limited Scale War:
--Both China and Japan get a land unit cap in Manchuria
--Events to prevent invasion of mainland (will trigger full scale war), basically triggers if Japan or allied to Japan has a division not in Manchuria.
--"Lack of Central Support" event fires for KMT if NATCHI decides to not declare full war in retaliation (-Organization, -Morale)
--+ Belligerence Natchi if Natchi declares Full Scale war in retaliation
---50% chance of losing border provinces to CHC in this case
---10% chance of end communist agitation
---40% chance of early United Front.
---Natchi annexes CSX, CGX.
---Natchi loses mastery over CXB

Well...depends on if you have implemented half strength divisions (Natchi), and double strength divisions (Jap) along with tech. I didn't really need to implement org effects in CCIP for Japan to win in 1936 scenario, just a unit cap and division modifiers as historic.

As for Manchurian war, a good event chain would be
JAP - Chooses to have war - Decides Full Scale war (+ Dissent) or Limited "Incident.
-If Full Scale War:
--China mobilizes, Japan mobilizes
--NatChi annexes CGX, CSX, CXB
--+ Belligerence Japan
--20% Chance of early United Front
--50% Chance of end communist agitation (+IC, -Dissent, +Morale/Organization) if no united front
--30% Chance of losing border provinces to CHC (although CHC would get dissent from this as they would be seen as unpatriotic), + Dissent (anti-communist hardliners)
-If Limited Scale War:
--Both China and Japan get a land unit cap in Manchuria
--Events to prevent invasion of mainland (will trigger full scale war), basically triggers if Japan or allied to Japan has a division not in Manchuria.
--"Lack of Central Support" event fires for KMT if NATCHI decides to not declare full war in retaliation (-Organization, -Morale)
--+ Belligerence Natchi if Natchi declares Full Scale war in retaliation
---50% chance of losing border provinces to CHC in this case
---10% chance of end communist agitation
---40% chance of early United Front.
---Natchi annexes CSX, CGX.
---Natchi loses mastery over CXB

Hey L that looks great to me. It would be great if we have a chance of getting to a sorta historical war in China. B I hope that something like this could be implemented.
Also B I updated my situation in ticket 70. Could you look into the differences between the mod and the aar that might be causing the freeze? I need to try and comment the Commonwealth event out to see if that works. I will let you know.
d

Hey L that looks great to me. It would be great if we have a chance of getting to a sorta historical war in China. B I hope that something like this could be implemented.
Also B I updated my situation in ticket 70. Could you look into the differences between the mod and the aar that might be causing the freeze? I need to try and comment the Commonwealth event out to see if that works. I will let you know.
d

My ideas for a historical interwar period (at a minimum) that I wish I could work on in CCIP (just a bunch of ideas for Burning to work on hopefully. :) )

Guomingjun rebellion
Politics event chain (various factions can claim central leadership, CHI tag can switch between factions).
Consolidation of factions leaders/ministers/tech list so all factions have the same ones available. Event based sleeping/waking of ministers/leaders so that if a faction dies, certain leaders can move to another faction.
Old Guangxi Clique, New Guangxi Clique
CC Clique
Split KMT leadership in Wuhan and Nanjing
KMT leadership struggle in Nanjing
Moderate CHC Leader massacre in Nanjing
CHC-CHI merger if moderate CHC leaders aren't massacred (alt history)
Nanjing decade development plans.
Tibet Dejure Independence Claim
Relinquishing of Mongolian claims
If CHC gets couped by CHI, it gets absorbed into CHI. If CHI gets couped by CHC, it gets absorbed into CHC.
Sino-Axis-Comintern-Allies event chains (battle over influence, Jiang Jie Shi while fervently anti-communist internally didn't care about ideology externally).
Foundation of the Hopei Autonomous Region
Shanghai Treaty
Rise of the Ma Clique (or rather, the Ma clique's maintaining of power)
Manchuria development plans.
Guangxi development plans.
Privitization event chain.
Corruption event chain.
Death of Shen Zhong Shan.
Failed attempt at a new Dynasty by Yuan Shi Cai
Pu Yi fleeing (or not managing to flee)
Resistance and anti-partisan wars in Manchuria.

Incidentally, China in 1914 should not be unified. Ma Clique, communists, and various regional warlords existed in 1914.

Last edited:
My game suddenly ended in 1920. I don't think I changed the end date at the start of the game but I'm not certain if this the reason the game ended. Any ideas?

Edit: Ah, found my problem. Didn't select the mod when I was in game :)

Last edited:
ScreenSave4-1.jpg

I've got to say, I don't think the Soviets were THAT weak..I mean the Polish are in Moscow for god sakes!

UK on the AAR history scenario. Ironically, things didn't go quite historically in the beginning for the AAR history scenario...Germans didn't declare war on Belgium, Swiss declare war on Germany and joins Allies, and Mexico joins the Central Powers.