+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 200 FirstFirst ... 18 43 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 93 118 143 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

It's more along the lines of this.

Optional 'AI restraint' mode that allows for even more sensible borders, as it prevents the AI from taking any territory they lack a CB on.

Prevents blobbing, but it also makes the player have to play a little slower too if you don't want to end up dominating.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by renegade765 View Post
    It's more along the lines of this.

Optional 'AI restraint' mode that allows for even more sensible borders, as it prevents the AI from taking any territory they lack a CB on.

Prevents blobbing, but it also makes the player have to play a little slower too if you don't want to end up dominating.
    You cannot restraint AI as entire AI logic is hardcodded.

You can tweak CBs in certain way to encourage AI to expand in its neighbourhood instead of snake borders, and ive already done it, as much as i could, having in mind that more provinces create other problems with BB/BB reductions.

And you can create events that return provinces back and so on, but thats not something im willing to implement in MPM.

Ill check out that mod again, if you can explain in more detail how it works exactly it would help (is it ran by events, decisions etc).
    Go Russia, kick some fascist butts!

Clinically diagnosed russophile, scourge of self righteous Westerners.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Got rid of WinZip and downloaded WinRar and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help DanubianCossak.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    Got rid of WinZip and downloaded WinRar and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help DanubianCossak.
    No problem mate, glad you solved it.

Every day is exactly the same anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The province of what should be Stralsund is misspelled as Straslund.

Off topic I am really enjoying playing as Russia in this mod. There's a big upwards hill in the start but once you get going it's really funny. Good job with this mod, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    The province of what should be Stralsund is misspelled as Straslund.

Off topic I am really enjoying playing as Russia in this mod. There's a big upwards hill in the start but once you get going it's really funny. Good job with this mod, once again.
    Straus is fixed, it now bears the correct name. Thank you.

Side note: all praises of my work are always on topic

Im glad you like it, and even more im glad you enjoy it. Specially having in mind that Russian gameplay was the primary reason MPM came to life - and the fact that i was impatient to wait for CanOmer to finish his map (despite obtaining permission to use it), if only i waited some month MPM would have looked even better. But oh well. I still have fun with it, which means its still alive and being actively worked on.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Did you get rid of the horde system? I'm Ottomans with a border on the Timurids and I want to ask before entering a pointless war.

Also, I want to convert to Orthodox (mainly to ally with powerful Europeans to gang up on Turks and Caucasians) but I can't offer to change my religion in a peace offer. Any help?

Also also, how come the infamy for each province/annexing/vassalising has over doubled to 9 or 10. It makes it very difficult to keep the BB down and very slow to expand.
    Last edited by Edlar89; 26-05-2012 at 23:39.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hordes have been removed.

You will get higher BB reduction and higher BB limit by becoming cultural leader and so on. Overall I believe you can still expand nicely with the right CBs, but not as easily as in Vanilla, which is good. The AI seems to cope quite well with this limitation, at least in my experience.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Horde system is gone. Replaced by old style tribal govts. Mostly they work the same, with the difference that they dont get horde-like auto wars, and instead use normal war/peace diplomacy. Also, most "civilized" decisions and events are not available to them, before they reform their government into despotic or feudal monarchy. To make up for the loss of normal events, tribals have, right now, some 60 (randomish) events only available to them.

Afaik you can only convert within same religious group, and only if a country of different religion within same religious group demands that you convert via peace offer. There should also be some event somewhere that makes it possible, but im not sure, since i never really played much as Muslim (other than some basic testing). Other than that, there is a method of abusing rebels to force convert you, but im not sure exactly how to do it - my guess is get an Orthodox province, send missionary, lower missionary maintenance to 0 and wait for religious rebel to spawn. Guide the rebel stack toward you capital, and i think if they hold it for some time, they can change your religion no matter the usual limitations (religious group).

BB system is completely rebalanced. Some like it, some hate it, but first you have to get the full grasp of how it works. Yes, outright annexing and vassalising stuff will fill the BB pool quite fast, and thats working as intended. In 1399. even with better CBs you wont be able to go on a world conquest spree without going over BB limit. However, have some other things in mind:

As you grow into a regional, cultural and tech group leader (judged by relative size compared to others within same group, tribals excluded) you will get appropriate triggered modifiers that will increase the BB limit. So, a 2 province minor unimportant country might have BB pool between 25 and 35 in 1399, but its first neighbour, leader in couple of fields will have over 40-50 easily (modified by other stuff as well).

In MPM there are many more events and decisions that lower BB, so sometimes you might feel like youre taking 2X as much BB from conquest, but if you hover your mouse over BB icon youll also notice that unlike vanilla, youll be burning 2.00+ BB / year, easily.

So to sum it up: yes its more than vanilla, however, depending on size, form of government, and other stuff, overall its actually much easier to handle it. Key is plan things ahead and get a full grasp of what you can or cant do in certain point of time. As you progress through technologies and thus forms of government, things will change allowing you much more flexibility - hint: check the unique 1/country buildings.

Edit: and yes, new version is being finished, testing it right now. There havent been any major changes, mostly balancing and fixing, which is always nice, i think

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Interesting, this means I will skip 6.3 to move directly to 6.4, I started a game with Chagatai which was getting really fun (apart for the time my units took to travel from province to province). But I don't have a lot of time to play these days. And, also because of MPM, I got interested into modding and I have started wasting precious time, that I could use to play, to understand the EU3 language instead...

Thanks for your efforts anyway!
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Edit: and yes, new version is being finished, testing it right now. There havent been any major changes, mostly balancing and fixing, which is always nice, i think
    Small suggestion for the update. Could you replace the D&T(?) flags with the originals as they're not as clear as the others and for some reason have borders. They'll also then match you're newly added ones.

Small suggestion for the update. Could you replace the D&T(?) flags with the originals as they're not as clear as the others and for some reason have borders. They'll also then match you're newly added ones.
    Im using a flag mod pack with permission from its creator. Personally i dont mind the difference between stylized and non-stylized (aka my) flags, if you dont like it, just copy the vanilla flags over mod and thats it, i think?

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I approve of this mod.Contineue the good work

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

To continue from this post, maybe forming Italy as one of the lesser unions (Sicilies, Sardinia-Piedmont, Lombardy etc) could have the standard requirement, but forming it as one of the minors could have a leader-stat requirement or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I approve of this mod.Contineue the good work
    I approve of your approval, thank you, mod shall continue

Quote Originally Posted by Acguy View Post
    To continue from this post, maybe forming Italy as one of the lesser unions (Sicilies, Sardinia-Piedmont, Lombardy etc) could have the standard requirement, but forming it as one of the minors could have a leader-stat requirement or something similar?
    So:

OR
    Two Sicilies
    Lombardy
    Umbria
    Sardinia Piedmont
    +provinces

OR
    dip 8
    +provinces

?

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Approveception!

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

So:

OR
    Two Sicilies
    Lombardy
    Umbria
    Sardinia Piedmont
    +provinces

OR
    dip 8
    +provinces

?
    Yeah, I think that way it would be more rewarding to follow one of the smaller unifications first.

Could you list all of the formable nations and who you need to be to form them please?

Thanks

Could you list all of the formable nations and who you need to be to form them please?

Thanks
    For vanilla formables i think you have wiki list, try googling it, im pretty sure someone already complied it.

When it comes to MPM specific stuff, you have:
    Serbia, any Serbian cultured country holding correct provinces.
    In Italy you have Etruria (Umbrian culture union), Lombardy (Lombards) and Two Sicilies.
    Greece, standard stuff, mostly modern day Greece + Byzies must not exist.
    In HRE you have one new unification country per region, so Form Westfalia (sp?), Swabia, Pommerania, Franconia, Bavaria and Helvetia (sp?) in Switzerland.
    In the Eastern Europe you have Poland-Lithuania formable between the two countries.
    In Ukraine/Belarus you have Kiev, representing alternative unification path in case Ruthenians/Belarus come to dominate E. Europe instead of Russians.
    In Persia you can form Persia naturally.

I think thats about it.

Apart from that, of course, you also have a whole bunch of other countries that dont exist in Vanilla.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Could you please put up a map of India.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 200 FirstFirst ... 18 43 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 93 118 143 168 ... LastLast