+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 200 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 92 117 142 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3990

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Or maybe if you have time a general event that allows to annex a different religious group vassal. If usual conditions (time + relations) and other ones are satisfied. If you accept annexation you suffer a decentralization and stability hit, if you refuse you get a relation hit and a prestige bonus. Terra Nova has something like that, but I don't remember the specifics; in that mod actually all annexations should be done via event.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Regarding the various tech group/religion modifiers, it seems to me that number of provinces isn't that great to use. Because colonizing gives countries a ton of free provinces, even though they're not necessarily all that strong in terms of income/manpower/army size. (Unless the point in western europe isn't for the strongest/something to aspire to, but to boost colonial empires?)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think it's OK for cultural and cultural union leader.
    Maybe income (if available as a variable) could be used for tech group and religious leader?
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Europa Universalis 3Mount & Blade: Warband

Hey, could you split roma in two provinces: Vatican and Roma. I would make it more intressing to see the pope exist in Italy. And mabye give Vatican a possitiv bouns. And you dont need to do it so smal as it is, mabye as wien locks like.

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Ive done some testing with that already, but i have to tell you that it will most likely not happen for some technical reasons.
    There are no more cannibals among us, we ate the last one yesterday!

На Львов!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just a thought but maybe you should rename the title now the mod is off the ground and has tens of thousands of views/thousands of posts?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

I was thinking about that, but honestly, since its still only myself working on it, there is no need. Its back, thats true, and its still work in progress, but then again, i suppose it will remain work in progress unless EU4 (or another expansion) comes out, or unless i join another mod/project.

На Львов!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hi DanubianCossak,
    In my first impression, sea effect looks nice. Positions are very good. New countries give much nice detail.

You did lots of work in this mod. I couldn't follow this thread much. What is your final purpose? Do not more provinces cause slow down the game? Thats are my curiosity about this mod.

I dont think i have exact plan what the "final goal" is. Basically i will add content and improve game in all ways possible. Having added over 400 provinces (dont have the exact number so estimate) and lots of new countries, i think ive reached the limit of what the game engine can handle. It is already considerably slower than vanilla, but, at least in my opinion, still fully playable. Having said that, i now mostly focus on adding events, decisions, missions and that sort of content. In last few days alone i wrote over 50 new events.

Hopefully with next patch, or expansion, we will get some more engine optimization if not mutly thread support (or whatever its called) so i can redo other parts of the world in great detail as well -> India, China, Northern Africa etc, and eventually Americas, South Africa etc.

На Львов!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm a complete noob so could I ask for some help.

Do I have to download v6.3 before the quickfix?
    Is it easy to download? Do you just save it in the mod folder?

First you download the mod, and paste it into mod folder, then you apply the quickfix, rather simple.

На Львов!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    First you download the mod, and paste it into mod folder, then you apply the quickfix, rather simple.
    I went to download it. Do I open or save it?

Edit:
    I've saved it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\mod"
    However, when I open the EU3 launcher in the mod dropdown there's still only "default".
    Last edited by Edlar89; 22-05-2012 at 00:27.

When you download the mod its rared to save on file size. Inside the .rar thingy there is a folder and a .mod file. You need to extract them both in /mod folder, then mod will appear when you start launcher.

Similar to that, when you download the quickfix, extract the file inside and paste it within /mod/MPM/correct folder.

На Львов!

When you download the mod its rared to save on file size. Inside the .rar thingy there is a folder and a .mod file. You need to extract them both in /mod folder, then mod will appear when you start launcher.

Similar to that, when you download the quickfix, extract the file inside and paste it within /mod/MPM/correct folder.
    I opened the .rar file (using WinZip) and there isn't a folder and a .mod file. There's hundreds of files (mostly .txt). If I try to unzip it to the /mod file it encounters an error.

If you downloaded 6.3, once you open it (.rar file) there must be a folder called: MPM v6.3 and a file called MPM 6.3.mod.

If you do not see those, then you downloaded the wrong version/something else.

На Львов!

I have actually read most of this thread, but can't remember whether or not this was mentioned. Could you perhaps think about adding the ai controls from Wiz's AzeriEU3 mod? I've been playing it for a while now and its the most fun I've had with Europa for years, but I can feel the lack of provinces. He says its free to take as long as you credit him. It can also be turned off in game. Not sure if it would cause too much slow down though.
    Last edited by renegade765; 22-05-2012 at 03:36.

If you downloaded 6.3, once you open it (.rar file) there must be a folder called: MPM v6.3 and a file called MPM 6.3.mod.

If you do not see those, then you downloaded the wrong version/something else.
    I clicked on the link on page 1 of this thread so I can't see how it's the wrong thing I've downloaded.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I managed to download and install the new version of the mod just fine. And it was yesterday.

I noted quite some changes from 5.5.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by renegade765 View Post
    I have actually read most of this thread, but can't remember whether or not this was mentioned. Could you perhaps think about adding the ai controls from Wiz's AzeriEU3 mod? I've been playing it for a while now and its the most fun I've had with Europa for years, but I can feel the lack of provinces. He says its free to take as long as you credit him. It can also be turned off in game. Not sure if it would cause too much slow down though.
    If youre talking about administrative efficiency and decisions that pick NIs, ive already looked into it, and IMO theres nothing there thats needed in MPM.

Unless youre talking about something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    I clicked on the link on page 1 of this thread so I can't see how it's the wrong thing I've downloaded.
    Check out D&T thread, there is a video guide (youtube) on how to instal mods. If you can get that one to work, you just need to apply same steps for MPM. If that doesnt work, well figure something else out.

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    I managed to download and install the new version of the mod just fine. And it was yesterday.

I noted quite some changes from 5.5.
    Good changes i hope?

На Львов!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good changes i hope?
    5.5 ran well under 5.2b. 6.3 crashed a few years into the game, but I don't know if it was something on the mod or just the fact that I sent the computer to sleep with the game open (that gives me some problems every now and then).

I also noticed it is probably going to take a while until Portugal can start exploring, and that the colonial range is so short I can't even colonise Madeira even though it has already been discovered. It's neither good nor bad, it just slows down exploration. I just started a game yesterday, so I can't make any observations yet.
    Also, the trade range is so short that I can only trade in my CoT and nowhere else. Again, neither good nor bad.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 200 FirstFirst ... 17 42 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 92 117 142 167 ... LastLast