+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 200 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 119 144 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    Could you please put up a map of India.
    Sure, this as much of India as i could fit into a single screenshot:

Using Modestus's terrain of course.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

I would suggest you make Rajputana bigger and Sindh smaller.
    Otherwise it's quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajputs View Post
    I would suggest you make Rajputana bigger and Sindh smaller.
    Otherwise it's quite good.
    That sadly doesnt help me much, i need more details.

Every day is exactly the same anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Landsknecht infantry is misspelled as Ladsknecht.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    Landsknecht infantry is misspelled as Ladsknecht.
    Thank you, fixed.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Ok

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Was thinking of starting a new game... How is the new version coming along? ;-)
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Was thinking of starting a new game... How is the new version coming along? ;-)
    Its kinda delayed because of all the beta patches, you probably should start a new game with the released version. Next version wont bring any more provinces (at least atm there are none) so it should be fully compatible once its out.

Im still beta testing it, and im kinda busy with other stuff.

Oh and im glad you still play MPM, saw you were very active on D&T topic :P

XD

It depends where I am playing really, normally I have a couple of games going on. I'd like to play with Burgundy in MPM as it starts as a big country and expansion is more difficult in this mod. Also, all the military decisions feel very appropriate. I'm gonna remove Burgundy manually from the HRE and I would suggest you to do it in the mod setup, since you try to be historically accurate and Burgundy wasn't a HRE member.

My next game on D&T is gonna be with the Livonian Order, because somebody is not implementing it in his otherwise excellent mod XP
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

I didnt know Burgundy is not supposed to be in HRE, i will check it out and correct it, its no problem.

And just for you ill bring the Livonian order for the next version

Heck, i might even throw in Latin Empire unification for those who like the challenge.

Nice one with the LO, thanks!

About Burgundy:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Burgundy
    It's a long article, but anyway it says the Duchy had always had to fight France for its independence, and it's nowhere said that it was a member of the HRE.
    Actually:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Henry the Venerable's death, at Pouilly-sur-Saône in 1002, left two potential heirs: his nephew, Robert the Pious, King of France, and his stepson, Otto-William, Count of Burgundy, a vassal of the Holy Roman Emperor, whom Henry had adopted and named his heir some time before. Robert claimed the duchy by his dual rights as feudal overlord and nearest blood-relative of the deceased. Otto-William disputed his claim and sent soldiers into the duchy to start a war.

Had the two Burgundys been united, history would undoubtedly have taken a different course; a Burgundy united under the German Otto-William would have been within the sphere of influence of the Holy Roman Empire and would have affected the balance of power between the French and the Germans. However, it was not to be; although it took him thirteen years of bitter and prolonged battle, Robert eventually secured the duchy for the French crown by gaining control of all the Burgundian counties west of the Saône, including Dijon; prospects of a united Burgundy evaporated, and the duchy became irreversibly French in outlook.
    And here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgundian_Circle
    The Circle was instituted only later but even then it never included the Burgundian capital in 1399. It's correct however to leave the Franche-Comte' in the HRE.

We spoke about Burgundy in the HRE in the bug report forum and some probably good game-play reasons were brought forward to leave it in the HRE. Also, if it's played by the AI, it's very difficult Burgundy will perform decently if it has to fight the Emperor as well as France. But I would still go for the historical setup.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Burgundy itself (Bourgogne, Nevers etc,) at time of play was in the hands of Philip the Bold, the son of Jean the Good, King of France. It was his marriage with Margaret of Dampierre, Countess of Flanders, that created the realm we see in EU III. I don't know if Flanders were part of the HRE, but it certainly became so after the death of Charles the Bold at Nancy and his daughter Marie's marriage to Emperor Maximilian.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

50 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    This article does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2009)
    One of the reasons I dislike Wikipedia.

It is correct however in the fact that Burgundy was far from being a member of the HRE, as no map of the Empire includes the Duchy of Burgundy with its capital in Dijon.

I think Flanders was a subject of France before being annexed by Burgundy, so it's not part of the HRE before the Burgundian inheritance.

Flanders is out of HRE in MPM, only province in the area which is part of HRE is Cambray (sp?) and thats because i saw it as part of HRE on a map i found when i was redrawing Benelux.

General changelog:

Adopted Modestus's texture pack. It will from now on be integral part of MPM, as the textures are simply superior to all others that i had access to.
    Repainted the entire terrain of Europe and parts of Asia/Africa.

Now the recent changelog:

Revisited Scandinavia, reduced sizes of coastal provinces, increases sizes of Jamtland and 2 unsettled provinces in the north.
    Reshaped Scania region, increased base taxes, IF Denmark manages to hold the union they will become quite powerful, a real danger in the north of HRE. Given back SWE cores on Scania, its a balancing issue, Sweden should want to break away from DAN and then kick its ass, not be friends, cores serve that purpose.
    Brought back Livonian order from the dead. It is put as a vassal of TEU due to popular demand. However, it is given the same unique primary culture as TEU, so if you manage to wipe it out, its not coming back again, ever.

Some eye candy:

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I hope it's vassal of teutons

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I hope it's vassal of teutons
    Erm, i did say its a vassal of TEU?

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Erm, i did say its a vassal of TEU?
    Whoops didn't see

I'm not sure about Cambray but it doesn't really affect the setup as much as Burgundy being in/out the HRE.

I'm very eager to play LO also given the fact that you are re-balancing the Baltic area.

Excellent idea with Modestus' map, you mentioned it already and I forgot to say that I really like it. Hopefully we will get rid of the creepy Vanilla fog as well...

Every day is exactly the same anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I am completely lost as to how I'm supposed to conquer asian nations as a European. Even if holy war CB would cost 10 bb for the first prov the CB is never even activated, not with DotF or Deus vult or QftNW or anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 200 FirstFirst ... 19 44 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 94 119 144 169 ... LastLast