+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 200 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 82 107 132 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

TOO MANY BANDIT GUILDS!

With the join HRE decision, could you replace "culture = germanic" with "capital_scope = inside HRE etc etc"? If their capital is already in they can add their cores.

Edit: I double posted. I will reserve this for something fun.

Temporary Chosen One DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well the problem is this: Lets say we have a successful Austria right? They conquer half of Balkan and half of Serbia. If they are able to join provinces in HRE if only their capital is in HRE and they are germanic, then they can introduce half of the Balkan in HRE during one ruler's lifetime. And lets imagine such Austria then falls apart. You end up with a bunch of countries within HRE who are not supposed to be there, and even worse, you end up with countries (smaller ones) that are never able to reunite their land despite having cores because every legit war involves Emperor as well.

I think HRE should remain predominantly German thing with half Italy being in if they have interest (for example strong Naples in the south) but leaving if a single state gets too powerful (Milan for example) and Bohemia occasionally being the Emperor. German cultured provinces leaving and joining i already plan to introduce, Italian as well (but only under strict conditions) and thats about it.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Well the problem is this: Lets say we have a successful Austria right? They conquer half of Balkan and half of Serbia. If they are able to join provinces in HRE if only their capital is in HRE and they are germanic, then they can introduce half of the Balkan in HRE during one ruler's lifetime. And lets imagine such Austria then falls apart. You end up with a bunch of countries within HRE who are not supposed to be there, and even worse, you end up with countries (smaller ones) that are never able to reunite their land despite having cores because every legit war involves Emperor as well.

I think HRE should remain predominantly German thing with half Italy being in if they have interest (for example strong Naples in the south) but leaving if a single state gets too powerful (Milan for example) and Bohemia occasionally being the Emperor. German cultured provinces leaving and joining i already plan to introduce, Italian as well (but only under strict conditions) and thats about it.
    I agree with you.

I think historically that HAB tried to keep their conquests as part of their personal lands rather than the more broadly generic HRE lands. Point being historically it was in the interest of the emperor to work against the hre as a whole to the emperors personal benefit. So maybe the emperor should have the option of keeping provinces out?

I would suggest the following:

On the following map : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...870_Europe.jpg

The areas in yellow historically were the disputed lands and should be able to join the HRE if controlled by a member of the HRE or leave the HRE if owned by FRA, SPA, PAP. I can't see any of these areas in yellow remaining in the HRE if owned by FRA, SPA, or PAP.

The areas in orange would remain in the HRE no matter who controlled them.

For example I think Napoleon (outside of Itally) followed this thinking and annexed lands to FRA if in the yellow area but created german vassals for the areas in orange.

Areas in white on the map - ie areas to the east near POL could be taken out of the HRE by POL or by PRU. Areas in white on the map to the south - ie areas in Itally could be taken out of the HRE by PAP, NAP, or SPA.

This leaves flexibility while also having a historic basis.

Oh and, just to keep Bear_Sheba happy i think ill reduce the amount of bandit guilds - they will mostly appear if youre big and have low stability (which is bound to happen sooner or later) but ill also introduce couple more events/effects of the similar kind ^,..,^
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

Oh and, just to keep Bear_Sheba happy i think ill reduce the amount of bandit guilds - they will mostly appear if youre big and have low stability (which is bound to happen sooner or later) but ill also introduce couple more events/effects of the similar kind ^,..,^
    I'm playing a game as a huge Burgundy, and this event is popping up a couple of times each year...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    I'm playing a game as a huge Burgundy, and this event is popping up a couple of times each year...
    Yeah province events can be nasty like that

Ill see what i can do to make them less annoying, but as effective

Just wrote bunch of HRE vs HRE events that give cores. In most cases they deal with 1 province minors (the most annoying kind of neighbor XD) and give you core in a standard way (like boundary dispute event). They vary from cases like you having high DIP/ADM them having low DIP/ADM, you having high prestige them having low prestige, you being at peace them being at war with bad MIL rated ruler or war score less than -50 etc.

I also plan to add some events of similar kind vs bigger than 1 province countries, but right now im suffering from writer's block, so ill need to do some thinking.

If you can think of some historic case that could be used as inspiration for this kind of event please do share the idea.

Also planned are core giving events for Hanseatic league (if HRE member) that will, depending on being merchanitle/free trade, give you cores on HRE members of opposite trading ideology. Also i have some ideas how to make NIs more important here.

What do you all think?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also planned are core giving events for Hanseatic league (if HRE member) that will, depending on being merchanitle/free trade, give you cores on HRE members of opposite trading ideology. Also i have some ideas how to make NIs more important here.

What do you all think?
    Isn't a trade dispute CB more historical? The most economical conflicts of the HL were with England, Denmark or Flandern (Burgundy), not with the HRE members.

By the way, more negative/positive events with NI's or buildings would be nice, I think.
    Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica: A Sengoku Mod for CK2 (WiP)

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

When it comes to HRE within EU3 framework you cant really simulate history, giving HL CB against England (and such) wont really change anything, as they are not likely to attack them anyway. What i had in mind are events meant to increase dynamics inside HRE or in other words to encourage countries to conquer stuff rather than just sit there doing nothing for 400 years. Yes i know its not exactly accurate, but then again these events wont fire every year, you might see them once per game actually, unless you make an effort to achieve all the requirements yourself (AI most certainly wont). Most of them have MTTH of 5000 and complicated triggers.

More events (of all kinds) tied to NI's are planned.

This is just one idea of i plan to add them:

I have created a special set of events. These are province events that are based on province trade good + your own national focus and all of them use the yearly pulse feature in order to ensure you dont get spammed (im about to test it myself) which means a small 2-3 province country will get them as often as 50-100 province country, however, smaller one will have much more benefits from them. So, lets say youre a country that has Deus Vult NI - if you go to war and have a national focus (NF) over a grain province (your culture/accepted culture/religion) you get a specific event that gives 75 gold. At the same time you can trigger a normal event that only gives 25 gold. Same as a "normal" event can build a marketplace in NF grain province, BUT if you have a national_trade_policy idea another event can trigger that can build a marketplace in a random neighboring province as well. So a normal event fires adding a building and a province modifier for a certain amount of time, and then other events (based on ideas) can trigger similar event in any neighboring provinces, simulating economic development of your country. In theory sounds great, i hope it works!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

When it comes to HRE within EU3 framework you cant really simulate history, giving HL CB against England (and such) wont really change anything, as they are not likely to attack them anyway. What i had in mind are events meant to increase dynamics inside HRE or in other words to encourage countries to conquer stuff rather than just sit there doing nothing for 400 years. Yes i know its not exactly accurate, but then again these events wont fire every year, you might see them once per game actually, unless you make an effort to achieve all the requirements yourself (AI most certainly wont). Most of them have MTTH of 5000 and complicated triggers.
    Having played HL several times, I realized that the trade dispute CB is quite useful to conquer HRE members if the player can manage to control the relations with other HRE members. On the other hand, I am not sure how your events affect the game even if in such a difficult condition.
    More generic events or missions about conflicts with neighbors (Fehde) would be better for German states, I think.
    Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica: A Sengoku Mod for CK2 (WiP)

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

Added about 10+ different HRE core giving events. This should really spice things up, and give additional RPG flavor to HRE. These events go from anything like elector princes getting cores around them to conflicts between theocracies vs monarchies, ruler stats, prestige, legitimacy, low stability, high badboy etc. I plan to add even more events based on relations within HRE after reformation kicks in, these will be very interesting as they will include relations to Pope etc, but that will have to wait for me to test what i have right now, first.

Removed 3 boundary dispute events from vanilla that were heavily modified.

Right now working on another set of events that will replace boundary disputes making more sense (as they will follow certain chains of logic) and adding more RPG feeling to it. Basically at first the game will push you toward uniting your own primary culture first and only then giving you cores elsewhere (ofc these events will have high MTTH) so no more getting cores on different culture/religious group province if there is one of same culture/religion right next to you etc. Ofc there will be more than 10 events with hard requirements mostly so dont expect these to fire every year.

Wrote 30 new events related to tax reform chains; new events go from relations hits/bonuses, to various power struggles within your society, merchants defecting, nobles bickering, church demanding tax exemptions, you know the usual stuff a EU3 ruler had to deal with.

There are now ~15 core giving events for HRE alone (HRE vs HRE countries), all with unique requirements and stories behind them. Should give a deeper RPGish feeling to the mod.

There are now 17 (IIRC) new boundary dispute events (opposed to 3 in vanilla) all with unique requirements and stories, similar to the stuff above.

In a moment of divine inspiration, i got the idea of writing something about issuing land charters and censuses. These 2 will either be decisions or events (still not 100% sure), but in any case both will trigger a "mini game" bringing you various bonuses for the duration of time they are active.

Land charters will naturally tend to require certain advisers, their bonuses will go from small amounts of money (land ownership books being "corrected") over large amounts of gold (find lost documents proving ownership of certain fiefs) to more permanent bonuses like base tax increase, various provincial modifiers etc. However, revising the land books in any medievalish-EU3ish country is tricky business: going through various books as well as checking lineages (and duties to the crown) could trigger some nasty things, pissing off powerful merchants (even entire guilds), nobles, clergy, and even Pope himself.

Censuses on the other hand will represent effort to establish facts about correct size of population in your provinces. Like mini chain described above, they will be triggered from time to time, giving you possibilities to improve your provincial economy (for example granting township rights to settlements within your province could increase their population and even change trade good) but it could also cause problems, specially if youre merely a vassal or a state within HRE (the HRE emperor likes to do official stuff himself, you dont wanna undermine his authority) or devout Catholic serving Pope in Rome (revoking certain privileges of Church's fiefs inside your provinces could give you an economic boost, but in the long run it will deteriorate relations with the Pope etc).

Minor changes and corrections in most event files, bunch of new events everywhere. As requested more events tied to national ideas and sliders.

New version will be ready and out soon, couple of days i think.

Stuff
    Awesome, just a quick pointer: The Lusatian provinces should be of a slavic culture "Sorb" or "Sorbic" in the same group as Polish and Czech. I was reading about this in another thread and the wiki says they didn't Germanise until after the 30 years war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbs

Being Serb, naturally i know about Sorbs. However, my understanding is that while they did make up the majority of population in those 2 provinces (and still do today), in capital cities majority were the German settlers, similar to how Teutons got German culture in what should otherwise be Baltic provinces.

Hmm or am i wrong?

So what is the problem with that? We have plenty of german provinces already. I think making those two of Sorb culture won't hurt anything. Just for the fun of it.

Added another 50ish events, fixed many others.

Completely rewritten Time of Troubles event chain (both Paradox stuff an my earlier corrections) - now it models the historic example (an age in Russian history) more precisely; a number of events could lead toward it, however once it starts its nowhere near as devastating as in vanilla, the immediate results are quite small. However there are over 30 events tied to it ranging from various stability, legitimacy, prestige hits over rebellions (various kinds) to heir / ruler being assassinated (ofc these things dont happen every day). Also made sure that you dont end up with same event chain every few decades.

Planning on rewriting Peasant Wars, Civil War and possibly Revolution event chains (though the last will have to wait).

Made some experiments with on_action events:

In vanilla upon heir with weak claim becoming ruler, you would get an event that spawned pretender rebels; From now on there is a number of these events scaling effects of heir with weak claim to your country size. A one province minor will get just 1 stack, a 100+ province country will get quite a large rebellion, something that could easily mess up your current plans etc.

In vanilla upon annexing a vassal, you would trigger an event giving you -1 stab hit; From now on (if this works as designed) there will be more events giving various penalties for vassal annexation (for example Republics and Monarchies dont get the same ones etc).

Still working hard...

By the way, i was going to talk to you about that. In my game, with every version you make, i make only one addition to the mod - i change nationalist and patriot rebellion time of demanding concession or independence to 10 month (compared to 36 in vanilla). It is a hard time both for AI and for me. Although i've got to admit, that playing certain regional powers it can get quite beneficial.

Love your newest event update. That is going to be awesome.

- I just made basically a whole new game mechanic in the Eastern Europe;

All countries who have their capital in certain regions (Russia and most of Eastern Europe) will get a Tatar Yoke triggered modifier, if they are not tribal (3 forms of govt) and if Golden Horde is tribal, has more provinces than any other country in the region OR a global "end_tatar_yoke" flag is active.

What does that mean?

It means that if you play a country in Eastern Europe, AND Golden Horde is strong, you WILL notice their influence in your political life. Right now im working hard adding events and what not, but basically from time you time you will be asked to pay tribute (specially smaller countries) - if you refuse GH will get a insult CB on you (among other things), the Khan might not like it if you wage war on other tributaries (so Moscovy expanding like inzane before GH is gone should be reduced) and many, many, MANY other things.

How to end Tatar Yoke aka Mongol Domination?

Well there are a couple of ways (still working on it); one is obviously destroy them (so that they dont exist any more), second is reduce them to a smaller size (so that they have fewer provinces than any other country within their influence area) and third humiliate them in military terms - be a country with Tatar Yoke (tributary), be at war with GOL and have a better war_score than +50 (if they are large thats gonna be very hard, and i have a few ideas on how to make it even harder). Once any of those conditions is met you will trigger an event (major = yes) that will announce to the world that Tatar Yoke Ends (gaining lots of bonuses). After that, depending on conditions, GOL will trigger an event that will hurt them (being humiliated from defeat).

- First Orthodox Bible printed event added (after First Catholic one is printed), plan to add some stuff to it later on.

- Constantinople Falls - an event that fires for the entire Orthodox world if Constantinople falls giving stability hit representing shock after the Orthodox holiest place is conquered (no longer owned by Byzies).

- Added over 50(!!!) events for Russian states simulating political life in EU3 Russia. Most are based on social/political reforms, so its the usual stuff from Boyars bickering and fighting for power and decentralization, over heirs and rulers being assassinated, to Boyars being against non-traditional policies (yeah, westernization in a country dominated by Boyar aristocracy will be hard to do, very hard indeed), to Russian Orthodox Church slowly developing - various events for interaction between the state and church etc.

- Planning to do crapload of events for Russian region simulating politics in relations to Golden Horde. If Russia (as disunited as it is) is attacked by a foreign invader, all the domestic fighting and scheming might stop, being replaced by compassion and help - so a Moscovy being invaded by GOL will result in other Russians sending troops, money and other stuff of that sort to help fight against the Tatars etc.

- Adviser file almost completely rewritten.

#################################

Will all that said, i would really like to recruit someone, if possible native English speaker, to help me out with the localization. Its a rather simple task of writing text that you see when events fire. Problem is that i write these events in the hundreds, and im sort of getting better and better with coding, leading to a situation where it takes me about 10X as much time to write event description as it takes to actually write event itself, which is a waste of time, as localizations could be written by anyone following very simple set of rules (all my events come with a short description above them of whet they do etc, its just a matter of expanding that a bit and making it sound good).

If you recognize yourself as such, and if youre willing/able to help me, please either post here or send me a private message, i would really appreciate it, as it would speed the release of future versions by a large factor.

I would be able to do the loc files, I love writing event descriptions

Have you thought about adding Sikhism in as a protestant style spread in India?

Also, I think eastern religions should be separated, I'm not sure how Shinto and Hinduism compare to protestant and catholic. I had lots of weird inter-faith PUs in my now finished Burgundy game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 200 FirstFirst ... 7 32 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 82 107 132 157 ... LastLast