+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 200 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Ok so if interstate relations dont come into the equation then it would be based on:
    - Religious tolerance within State A
    - Non-accepted culture within State A (maybe you disagree with this but I would imagine that minority cultures would be more likely to emigrate)
    - QFTNW/Land of Opportunity NI for state B
    - Maybe decreased MTTH if State B has higher tolerance
    - Would this be strictly a European scope? If a Muslim country colonised could Muslims living under Christian states migrate?

Corporal
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I need installation help. It seems like the mod extractrs ok, but when I try to play I get an error saying 'The Working Directory does not seem to be correct.'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by alrhuff View Post
    I need installation help. It seems like the mod extractrs ok, but when I try to play I get an error saying 'The Working Directory does not seem to be correct.'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Danubian forgot to remove the word "test" from the mod folder name, it should be just MPM v5.8

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    Yes, if a german expert doesn't correct me, I think it'll fine. The only problem is that now Denmark would be much weaker than Sweden
    Unfortunately i have to correct you. Denmark lost it's feud over Pommern-Wolgast in 1354, after the Rugischen succession war. In the same year Pommern-Wolgast was integrated into the HRE and got to be a feud of the Empire. So, to be correct neither of the pommeranians was a danisch vassal in 1399. Unfortunately nothing of this is mentioned in the english wikipedia (but in the german one), so i can't prove it to you. You could take as prove the in 1360/61 the Hanseatic league got to war with denmark (see Treaty of Stralsund) and started their fleet from Pommerania (Stralsund).

In fact, in 1399 Pommerania was partioned in Pommerania-Stolp(Hinterpommern) , Pommerania-Barth (Vorpommern), Pommerania-Wolgast(Wollin) and Pommerania-Stettin (Stettin, Uckermark). In 1397 Eric of Pommerania-Stolp got King of the Kalmar-Union, but he doesn't rule Stolp in this time, so there is no union or something. Actually in 1399 the Danish crown just had no rights in pommerania.
    Last edited by Walter Plinge; 19-03-2012 at 14:33.

Corporal
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I made the change and the game starts to load, but gets hung up when it says that it's 'calculating paths'. I'm beginning to wonder if I have some weird quirky PC issue; I'm unable to run any EU3 mod other than the Magna Mundi. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I made the change and the game starts to load, but gets hung up when it says that it's 'calculating paths'. I'm beginning to wonder if I have some weird quirky PC issue; I'm unable to run any EU3 mod other than the Magna Mundi. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    1) Do you have Divine Wind installed?
    2) Do you have the latest patch 5.1 installed (Ignore 5.2b)
    3) How much time are you allowing for paths to calculate, sometimes this can take a while?

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Plinge View Post
    Unfortunately i have to correct you. Denmark lost it's feud over Pommern-Wolgast in 1354, after the Rugischen succession war. In the same year Pommern-Wolgast was integrated into the HRE and got to be a feud of the Empire. So, to be correct neither of the pommeranians was a danisch vassal in 1399. Unfortunately nothing of this is mentioned in the english wikipedia (but in the german one), so i can't prove it to you. You could take as prove the in 1360/61 the Hanseatic league got to war with denmark (see Treaty of Stralsund) and started their fleet from Pommerania (Stralsund).

In fact, in 1399 Pommerania was partioned in Pommerania-Stolp(Hinterpommern) , Pommerania-Barth (Vorpommern), Pommerania-Wolgast(Wollin) and Pommerania-Stettin (Stettin, Uckermark). In 1397 Eric of Pommerania-Stolp got King of the Kalmar-Union, but he doesn't rule Stolp in this time, so there is no union or something. Actually in 1399 the Danish crown just had no rights in pommerania.
    Thx for this info, ill see if i can correct everything to more accurate state. Would you happen to have a list of rulers for all those Pommeranian states in 1399?

Make sure you have everything Bear_Sheba mentioned in one post above covered. If it still does not work, then i suggest you do a clean instal and try again.

And guys i had no idea i messed up folder, ill fix it for the next version

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    Ok so if interstate relations dont come into the equation then it would be based on:
    - Religious tolerance within State A
    - Non-accepted culture within State A (maybe you disagree with this but I would imagine that minority cultures would be more likely to emigrate)
    - QFTNW/Land of Opportunity NI for state B
    - Maybe decreased MTTH if State B has higher tolerance
    - Would this be strictly a European scope? If a Muslim country colonised could Muslims living under Christian states migrate?
    Afaik you cant mod things based on tolerance toward specific religion, they are all classed under groups (heretic, heathen and own).

I need to check, but i think non-accepted culture check can be used in generic event, else i would have to write events for every culture separately, and that would take some time.

Ill cook something up for triggers and modifiers, fear not It might not work very well at first (it might even be annoying) but we'll get there sooner or later.

It doesnt have to be a strictly European thing, but as you add more and more modifiers, the whole thing tends to get very complicated and too hard for my brain to follow. So ill start with something small and simple, make sure that works as its supposed to, and then build upon that until i get something that im satisfied with. So, eventually Muslims and others are possible.
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 19-03-2012 at 15:02.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

No problem, but eventually in most Pommeranian state in 1399 there were two equal to the law Dukes - mostly brothers - ruling the duchys. I will only mention the one who outlast (or dominated) his brother. They are all from the Gryf-Dynasty (german, "Greifenhaus"; as the King of the danish crown in 1399):

Pommerania-Stolp: Bogislaw VIII Gryf
    Pommerania-Wolgast: Personal Union under Pommerania-Barth (Wartislaw VIII), separated again in 1415 after Wartislaw VIII died.
    Pommerania-Barth: Wartislaw VIII Gryf
    Pommerania-Stettin: Swantibor III Gryf, (allied to Teutonic Order in 1403).
    Last edited by Walter Plinge; 19-03-2012 at 15:07.

Ineresting, apart from finding a picture showing Pomerania in 1399 here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Pomerania i could not find much more.

This wiki Article shows Pommern Wolgast owning Straslund, Wollin and Kolberg and Pommern Stettin owning Stettin and northen part of Uckermark, while Uckermark itself seems to be owned by Brandenburg.

Also i could not find any flags for those 2 states.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Ineresting, apart from finding a picture showing Pomerania in 1399 here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Pomerania i could not find much more.

This wiki Article shows Pommern Wolgast owning Straslund, Wollin and Kolberg and Pommern Stettin owning Stettin and northen part of Uckermark, while Uckermark itself seems to be owned by Brandenburg.

Stolp.jpg
    Wolgast.jpg
    Stettin.jpg
    there you go
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Thats partly right, and i just ported the several pommeranian states onto your map. So Kolberg (Hinterpommern) was part of Pommerania-Wolgast, but Stolp (in the east of Kolberg) is part of those province. The same is true for Pommerania Barth (Vorpommern). Barth is situated west from Stralsund (which in fact was part of Pommern-Wolgast). So without introducing new provinces you have to map this duchys onto the provinces i mentioned, or completly miss them only taking Pommerania-Wolgast and Pommerania-Stettin into account then.

* crest of Pommerania-Stolp
    * crest of Pommerania-Barth
    * crest of Pommerania-Stettin
    * crest of Pommerania-Wolgast

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    1) Do you have Divine Wind installed?
    2) Do you have the latest patch 5.1 installed (Ignore 5.2b)
    3) How much time are you allowing for paths to calculate, sometimes this can take a while?
    yes, to one and two. after 30-45 seconds or so, the hourglass icon disappears and is replaced with the Windows 'circle' which has always indicated that the loading process has hung.

I should have mentioned that I also get the message 'unknown error loading file.' Not much help I know.

I'm running Windows7 on a machine well above specs. And as I said, I've been unable to run any EU3 mod other than Magna Mundi which only supports HttT. I bought EU3 chronicles, so I'm assuming that each expansion is up to date.

Again any help would be appreciated.

The thing with the colonies, will it make sense if you make a bunch of additional cultures like English-American, French-American, Spanish-American, Whatever-American so that the colonies would switch to those after a period of time. Attach the USA, Mexico and all that other American revolters to these cultures. Thus they would be already not the mainland culture but still not that far away from it. And it won't cause weird revolts with, say, Scotland appearing in America all of a sudden. Will that make sense?

yes, to one and two. after 30-45 seconds or so, the hourglass icon disappears and is replaced with the Windows 'circle' which has always indicated that the loading process has hung.

I should have mentioned that I also get the message 'unknown error loading file.' Not much help I know.

I'm running Windows7 on a machine well above specs. And as I said, I've been unable to run any EU3 mod other than Magna Mundi which only supports HttT. I bought EU3 chronicles, so I'm assuming that each expansion is up to date.

Again any help would be appreciated.
    In mod folder once you extract MPM file you downloaded, you should have a folder called MPM v5.8 test (or something like that), rename the file to same thing, only remove "test" part and try again. If you already did that, then try one of the older version.

On the other hand, if youre using Steam its possible that the game was already updated by Steam to 5.2, and im not sure if that will work.

Anyway here's what i got right now (looking at that 1400. map from Wikipedia):

Now if i understand correctly, there are 2 more duchies, if so tell me province name > duchy name and ill those as well.

Also would you like old Pommerania to be unification country for the Pommeranian region?
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 19-03-2012 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihtantuel View Post
    The thing with the colonies, will it make sense if you make a bunch of additional cultures like English-American, French-American, Spanish-American, Whatever-American so that the colonies would switch to those after a period of time. Attach the USA, Mexico and all that other American revolters to these cultures. Thus they would be already not the mainland culture but still not that far away from it. And it won't cause weird revolts with, say, Scotland appearing in America all of a sudden. Will that make sense?
    That would indeed make sense, only problem is that it requires lots of work to make events and all that to work properly, and then lots of other stuff to prevent player from getting "normal" cultures in the region. If i ever do that it wont be very soon, as on its own its a massive undertaking, and Americas arent exactly highest of priorities.

Corporal

In mod folder once you extract MPM file you downloaded, you should have a folder called MPM v5.8 test (or something like that), rename the file to same thing, only remove "test" part and try again. If you already did that, then try one of the older version.

On the other hand, if youre using Steam its possible that the game was already updated by Steam to 5.2, and im not sure if that will work.
    I tried version 5.7 and got an 'unknown exception' error this time.

As I said, I've been unable to run any mod for EU3 other than Magna Mundi. I can't imagine what could be wrong with my PC to prevent this, but it's about the only thing I can think of.

If it helps I've got an HP Pavilion Elite HPE with 12Gb ram and an NVidia GeForce GT230 graphics card with 1Gb onboard. I'm running Windows 7 and as far as I know both it and the display drivers are up to date.

I appreciate your fast response, but as I said, I've not had any luck with any EU3 mod other than Magna Mundi.

Did you get your game via GG (like me) or via Steam? Steam is known to complicate things sometimes with mods.

If youre having problem with previous version (im pretty sure i got that one right with folder names and stuff, since nobody complained) i think we can deduce its something at your end. Try to install the game again (backup the version with MM that works) and apply MPM again, see if that works.

Anyway heres a slightly reworked Bosnia:

Quote Originally Posted by Nihtantuel View Post
    I was actually going to begin a mini-mod that did just this, formed colonial cultures based on a decision to allow direct or indirect colonial rule. I never started because I would have needed some help and I didn't seem to generate enough interest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 200 FirstFirst ... 25 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 75 100 125 150 ... LastLast