+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 200 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 109 134 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

I meant like there is Cathedral in game, right? Level 6 government building. Is it possible just to add this one building to represent those landmarks without giving the 5 preceding it? But the problem here is that when you capture a province all the buildings get ruined, aren't they?
    The country modifier sounds fine as well. It will be like holding Rome or Mecca, right? But if one country gets many such-like provinces, the pannel with country modifiers if going to get crowded.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yup it works just the Rome and Mecca, it comes with all advantages and disadvantages of the system it uses, so yes, if you grow large, say, half of world conquest, you would probably have lots of those modifiers, but you already have that in MPM as it is kind of.

If you mean the list of triggered modifiers (when you open the menu thingy), it doesnt have to be crowded, because i can set stuff to appear only for certain countries, or under certain circumstances, it can be done.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

"Do not ask what Russia can do for you, but what you can do for Russia"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    They COREs are a bit off, Muscovy has only two, gelre doesn't have one in Gelre...
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    They COREs are a bit off, Muscovy has only two, gelre doesn't have one in Gelre...
    Moscovy should only have 2 cores, thats WAD.

In my files Gelre does have core in Gelre (capital city Arnhem province ID 99), you sure about that?

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Anyway jo1998sh pointed out a few things in SE Asia that could be improved, i looked at the map on Wikipedia, the borders should be more or less correct; added kingdom of Ava; Shan States given tribal federation government, decentralized to the max, most of their provinces switched to animism; Pegu renamed to something complicated that i cant recall Haw-something, they are now at war with Awa (Fourty Years Pegu-Ava war) but allied to Shan and Arakan - although technically in 1399. there seems to have been truce between these kingdoms, for gameplay sake i went with war, well see how it works out; most of the provinces in the area have had base tax increased to match not-so-rich parts of Europe (so no more 60.000 population 2 base tax provinces etc);

To do: im sure i didnt get the province names right, so that will need to be done, if anyone is interested to help out i can send you the files (alpha version).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ma...ia_1400_CE.png
    Did more research, shan states should have all of taungoos remaining provinces. Ill try looking into assam next

Quote Originally Posted by jo1998sh View Post
    Did more research, shan states should have all of taungoos remaining provinces. Ill try looking into assam next
    Will correct Shan thx.

If Taungoos is not really needed as TAG tell me so i can remove/recycle it, no need to have it around for no good reason. Also i got the flag in flag pack i got from another forumite (with pmission), it was already saved as ava.tga, i have no idea if the flag is appropriate, if not link me to a good sample and ill add it. And of course if i got any of the provinces horribly wrong in shape etc (and i prolly did) or name (only renamed a few) tell me and ill correct it. I was mostly looking at the wiki map you sent me, the current city locations should correspond spots where the major cities are on the map (more or less).

Corporal

Taungoo revolted from ava and went to conquer most the region, so it is quite important, I couldn't find an ava flag so use your one. I would rename Thakkek to champassak and champassak to phnom penh

Quote Originally Posted by jo1998sh View Post
    Taungoo revolted from ava and went to conquer most the region, so it is quite important, I couldn't find an ava flag so use your one. I would rename Thakkek to champassak and champassak to phnom penh
    Great, thx will do. Is there something of huge and obvious importance missing in the region? Like some large city, a COT maybe or something along those lines?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I'm playing through a long game as Neutral Switzerland, its pretty interesting atm, at 1700.

Portugal has survived to become the most powerful colonial state, the HRE is dying slowly and Russia has formed nicely.

Few questions:
    Did you nerf manpower? I am playing as a very advanced Switzerland and have only 20,000 mp... Its not important to me because I don't take part in wars but this seems a little skimpy.

Colony wise, it still annoys me that Spain/Portugal grab Newfoundland early in the game, I know you don't care too much for historical colonisation and neither do I, but this seems like an unlikely place for Spain to be colonising. I may have asked this before but is there any way you could use the trade winds to limit Northern Hemisphere colonisation for these countries? Also the lack of an assimilate decision is causing some weird stuff to happen in the New World, maybe you could reintroduce this with harsher requirements, perhaps modelled off the settlement policy decision.

If there are any regions you would like researched I would be happy to do some reading and produce a few suggestions, at this point I don't know what you want done.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    Colony wise, it still annoys me that Spain/Portugal grab Newfoundland early in the game, I know you don't care too much for historical colonisation and neither do I, but this seems like an unlikely place for Spain to be colonising.
    But it's not an unlikely place for Portugal. We reached Newfoundland/Labrador before 1500. And there is evidence of settlements too.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

I'm playing through a long game as Neutral Switzerland, its pretty interesting atm, at 1700.

Portugal has survived to become the most powerful colonial state, the HRE is dying slowly and Russia has formed nicely.

Few questions:
    Did you nerf manpower? I am playing as a very advanced Switzerland and have only 20,000 mp... Its not important to me because I don't take part in wars but this seems a little skimpy.

Colony wise, it still annoys me that Spain/Portugal grab Newfoundland early in the game, I know you don't care too much for historical colonisation and neither do I, but this seems like an unlikely place for Spain to be colonising. I may have asked this before but is there any way you could use the trade winds to limit Northern Hemisphere colonisation for these countries? Also the lack of an assimilate decision is causing some weird stuff to happen in the New World, maybe you could reintroduce this with harsher requirements, perhaps modelled off the settlement policy decision.

If there are any regions you would like researched I would be happy to do some reading and produce a few suggestions, at this point I don't know what you want done.
    Yep i nerfed the manpower. Many areas simply had too much manpower, for example i dont understand how can a 5000 people province in Switzerland have more base manpower than many of the 50.000+ people provinces around the world. Yes i get it, this game is about Europeans rising to dominate stuff, but IMHO this should be stimulated (by country's development, decisions, infrastructure, technology) not simulated (by giving Europeans crapload of base_tax and manpower). You should check the army buildings though, they should give you a real nice boost to manpower, but nothing OP IMO.

I will check again, but last time you spoke about trade winds, im pretty sure i switched all of that to vanilla values. To be honest i dont really understand whats the problem with Newfoundland being colonized by whomever, its just a piece of land like any other in North or South America, Caribbean, Africa or anywhere else in the world, if you can get to it, you can take it. It has the same value as any other.

As for culture assimilation you should be able to use the vanilla one, just copy it. I think thats basically cheating. If you want to conquer a piece of land colonized by someone else, you have to pay the consequences, and in this case those are the fact that this province, although controlled by you will never be "yours" as its conquered. If you REALLY want to assimilate it, colonize any neighboring province, or introduce your own culture via settlement decision, once its cored the normal culture spread event has a huge bonus for triggering in colonies. Its -95% (!!!) to MTTH of normal event, so you will trigger it pretty soon.

Code:
    		# Exception: Colonial
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.05
    			is_overseas = yes
    			owner = { 
    				OR = {
    					technology_group = western
    					technology_group = eastern
    					technology_group = ottoman
    					technology_group = muslim
    				}
    				OR = {
    					culture_group = germanic
    					culture_group = scandinavian
    					culture_group = british
    					culture_group = gaelic
    					culture_group = latin
    					culture_group = iberian
    					culture_group = french
    					culture_group = basque_group
    					culture_group = finno_ugric
    					culture_group = south_slavic
    					culture_group = west_slavic
    					culture_group = east_slavic
    					culture_group = baltic
    					culture_group = byzantine
    					culture_group = turko_semitic
    					culture_group = lowland
    				}
    			}
    			OR = {
    				culture_group = germanic
    				culture_group = scandinavian
    				culture_group = british
    				culture_group = gaelic
    				culture_group = latin
    				culture_group = iberian
    				culture_group = french
    				culture_group = basque_group
    				culture_group = finno_ugric
    				culture_group = south_slavic
    				culture_group = west_slavic
    				culture_group = east_slavic
    				culture_group = baltic
    				culture_group = byzantine
    				culture_group = turko_semitic
    				culture_group = lowland
    			}
    			NOT = { continent = europe } 
    			NOT = { region = north_africa }
    			NOT = { region = middle_east_central_asia }
    		}
    As for regions, since you play MPM, what are you mostly interested in? Assuming from your avatar that youre British (i apologize if youre not in advance) you could tell me if i got anything wrong from your neighborhood - the islands. I did lots of changes there, from moving whole Ireland away from Britain, to reshaping and adding new provinces, im sure ive made some mistakes, if you spot those tell me and ill fix them. Same goes for province capitals, their population size, base taxes, mapower or trade goods... Anything really, im more than willing to fix stuff.

Apart from that, you can always feel free to direct me to whatever else you find interesting. For example, you might stumble on some wiki article covering some area of the map Paradox or myself got wrong - post it here, link it and ill fix it, simple as that.

Or if you have some other ideas of any kind, decisions, events stuff. Hell, you could do even simplest things like read my localization file, im not native English, and im not very good with it, so my event/decision localizations are probably full of mistakes and misspelled words, fix that and youve done a great service to the mod, ill even add your name to the first page as a "thank you"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It has the same value as any other.
    Yes, all New World seems to have 1 base tax.
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Yes, all New World seems to have 1 base tax.
    Maybe its me, but ive never liked the concept of knowing in advance what you are colonizing.

Ok, you dont know what trade good you will get (which will end up giving you most of the colonial income anyway) but still, i never liked how people knew in advance that Caribbean provinces were the most valuable. Which is why i introduced all overseas provinces base_tax = 1. However, at the same time i have reduced the overseas tax penalty from 95%(iirc) to 75%(or something), and i adjusted some events, and plan to write others, which will develop colonies over time based on actual game context. So, for example, back home you might get agricultural reform event, and if you choose to invest into this project, you may not only trigger event(s) that will give you cash/+base_tax for grain provinces at home, those events will have much reduced MTTH for colonies, which will develop over time. Similar story with wool fairs etc.

Another example is a mini chain of events that i wrote before (but fixed yesterday) that triggers for a country in eastern tech group (if it owns grain producing province) if any (randomly picked) known country in the western tech group is at war, and lets you choose if you want to start a western grain export business. If you choose yes, the western country can choose to accept or refuse, and each choice has different modifiers and stuff.

Also plan on writing event chain(s) for Swedish steel exports, and probably Swiss mercenaries.

Yeah I am British, UK seems ok, a couple of provinces are a little odd but its nothing major, I will have another look at it.

In my game Meissen inherited Austria and grew enormous, but never formed anything, i.e. it stayed Meissen. Last I checked they had cores on all of the Franconia region but the option wasn't available when I tag-switched to them to check.

Yeah I am British, UK seems ok, a couple of provinces are a little odd but its nothing major, I will have another look at it.

In my game Meissen inherited Austria and grew enormous, but never formed anything, i.e. it stayed Meissen. Last I checked they had cores on all of the Franconia region but the option wasn't available when I tag-switched to them to check.
    Thats probably because of this:

Code:
    			capital_scope = {
    				region = franconia
    			}
    Which means they have to either be "native" to the area they wish to unite OR they have to be a very sneaky-rules-bending human.

And thats also why i asked for a German unification country couple of pages ago, one that would cover the north-eastern part of HRE (where Meissen is btw ) and which wouldnt be Prussia (that is sort of unique case).

Thats probably because of this:

Code:
    			capital_scope = {
    				region = franconia
    			}
    Which means they have to either be "native" to the area they wish to unite OR they have to be a very sneaky-rules-bending human.

And thats also why i asked for a German unification country couple of pages ago, one that would cover the north-eastern part of HRE (where Meissen is btw ) and which wouldnt be Prussia (that is sort of unique case).
    So they would need to change out there capital to within Franconia? I see.

No matter, they collapsed anyway XD

So they would need to change out there capital to within Franconia? I see.

No matter, they collapsed anyway XD
    Without this little requirement, things used to grow out of control pretty fast with all the tag switching etc.

It also kind of limits you, if youre choose to leave the empire (since you cant move capital from non hre to hre unless youre a member, and you cant remove hre until its cored etc). Pretty smart if i may say so XD

Just another suggestion, in my game the HRE essentially died. France pushed in from the west, Ottomans pushed in from the South East, Prussia from the East.

Italy eventually left, as did I and now it is just a meagre handful of around 15 provinces. Is there any chance you could write a kill switch, maybe a decision that the emperor himself makes when the empire is in a sufficiently decrepit state. I would be ok with it just being for human players, its just that right now (1750) the empire does nothing...

Anyway heres what ive been up to:

Corporal

Research on Assam region

The region was divided into 4 or 5 rival kingdoms, in vanilla, paradox has combined them together to form Assam, im not sure if you want the 3 or so new tags.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 200 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 109 134 ... LastLast