+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 200 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 101 126 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Boy am i moron! I forgot something. Look here.

Before 1399 Vitautas did two raids into GH territory looting and taking captivities. By the 1399 he would have gone as far as Don river.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_..._Vorskla_River
    So my idea is making all those territories occupied by Lithuania (not owned) from the very start. It won't change the outcome of the war, but will make it a bit harder for GH to win.What do you think of that?

Sorry for double posting. I pushed the wrong buttons.

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Nope making NN vassal is perfectly fine if you give me ruler (already have everything else), Viatka is possible if you give me ruler and some sample for a flag.

I think i can set up that as part of war sure.

Edit heres the screenshot of new looks, btw if Lit starts owning GH in war, i might remove the occupied areas, remember GH now faces enemy on 2 sides, and Lit is supposed to lose (Lit losing 3-4 provinces is better than having Poland and Lithuania expand all the way into GH in 1400s which will happen if they win this first war because of the tech difference).

Last edited by DanubianCossak; 09-02-2012 at 19:52.
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

I'll try to find those.

Oh yes, i tested this stuff before you added Sibir. Alright than. Let's see what happens.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    But what if Hamburg or Luneburg etc conquer whole northern or north-eastern Germany where most people speak similar if not same language, dispite not having the same national identity... I think they do need some sort of unification path, its simply the question of finding something that sounds plausible.
    What about this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_the_Rhine

EDIT: Maybe not quite what you wanted, but it seems like an interesting thing to implement.

EDIT again: maybe this is closer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lower_Saxon_Circle
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (2), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 3 free advisor slots. Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

I'm not sure why you need a different name or unification path for various parts of Germany. Since any unification efforts within the timeframe of the game are just fantasy anyways, it seems to me that you could make it possible for any German state to form the nation and simply call it 'Germany'. There's already precedent for a fantasty-state HRE in the game (which is nothing more than a unified Germany with a different name), so you're not doing anything any crazier than Paradox has put into the game themselves. Realism is kinda irrelevent here.

Hell, in my last game as Brandenburg which I wrapped up a couple of weeks back I formed the full-fledge HRE in 1498. Any Germany you make can't be any more mind-bogglingly ahistorical than that.
    Ponglish (Paradox-approved English): mistaking an apple tree for the word "penalty" - and insisting that Webster is an irrelevent authority on the matter.

Im not talking about the WHOLE Germany, or say, a decision that gives you cores on everything in the region.

If you check the country list or decisions, youll see that i added 4 unification countries for German culture group, excluding Germany and HRE. Those are: Westphalia (already existed, i just redid the decision), Franconia (Franconian region), Lotharingia (Lotharingian region) and Swabia (Swabian region). These countries have nothing to do with Germany or their culture group unification, they are there as a step on that path, if player wants to follow it. If not, you can just grab the requirements, become any of those and go on doing whatever. Second thing is, if you turn on regions map mode, youll notice that all these are unification of their region, which most of the time includes only 1 culture (same culture_group though), and basically everything is covered apart from north-eastern part of Germany, where the only pop-up country is Prussia, but thats a whole different story.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Im not talking about the WHOLE Germany, or say, a decision that gives you cores on everything in the region.

If you check the country list or decisions, youll see that i added 4 unification countries for German culture group, excluding Germany and HRE. Those are: Westphalia (already existed, i just redid the decision), Franconia (Franconian region), Lotharingia (Lotharingian region) and Swabia (Swabian region). These countries have nothing to do with Germany or their culture group unification, they are there as a step on that path, if player wants to follow it. If not, you can just grab the requirements, become any of those and go on doing whatever. Second thing is, if you turn on regions map mode, youll notice that all these are unification of their region, which most of the time includes only 1 culture (same culture_group though), and basically everything is covered apart from north-eastern part of Germany, where the only pop-up country is Prussia, but thats a whole different story.
    So these are essentially "just for fun" tag changes which give you a bit of centralization and some free cores?
    Ponglish (Paradox-approved English): mistaking an apple tree for the word "penalty" - and insisting that Webster is an irrelevent authority on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpublic View Post
    So these are essentially "just for fun" tag changes which give you a bit of centralization and some free cores?
    Its not just that. Look at it this way: in HRE, there are many "entities" which exist as independent countries, but are very small (all these city-states, or theocracies and stuff) and certainly not comparable to big nation-kingdoms like Poland, France etc, but in EU3 terms, they are as much "countries" as them. So, to me it always felt wrong that you can start the game as, say, Cologne (which is a city state theocracy), grow, grow even further, and still say that - and i know some of you will point me toward Rome, yes Rome rose to power, but no medieval Europe is not ancient world, it has different norms and traditions. Like this, youre given the opportunity to change, evolve if you want, from your original power base (a single city) into something that can compete with traditional European kingdoms, even before Germany.

These 4 countries are not complete phantasy, they are all named after something from geography or history, and all represent something to which all people of same culture (not same culture GROUP!) can identify with. Its like pre age of nationalism if you want, you cant get Germany yet, but you can get the next best thing, unification of your own culture.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Its not just that. Look at it this way: in HRE, there are many "entities" which exist as independent countries, but are very small (all these city-states, or theocracies and stuff) and certainly not comparable to big nation-kingdoms like Poland, France etc, but in EU3 terms, they are as much "countries" as them. So, to me it always felt wrong that you can start the game as, say, Cologne (which is a city state theocracy), grow, grow even further, and still say that - and i know some of you will point me toward Rome, yes Rome rose to power, but no medieval Europe is not ancient world, it has different norms and traditions. Like this, youre given the opportunity to change, evolve if you want, from your original power base (a single city) into something that can compete with traditional European kingdoms, even before Germany.

These 4 countries are not complete phantasy, they are all named after something from geography or history, and all represent something to which all people of same culture (not same culture GROUP!) can identify with. Its like pre age of nationalism if you want, you cant get Germany yet, but you can get the next best thing, unification of your own culture.
    I guess we see this differently. Nationalism as we know it didn't exist in Europe in 1399, and the German states didn't have anything remotely approaching this until the mid-1800's. So to me the only way to 'realistically' create even a German mini-state is through a) inheritance, which was recognized (at least sometimes), or b) brute force. Anything else looks like fantasy to me. There's nothing wrong with that; the HRE Germany and Italy in the game are pure fantasy, as is any real chance of Byzantium springing from the ashes. Those are fun, even if there was absolutely no possibility of any of this actually occurring as outlined by Paradox. It's an 'alternate history' approach, and I love that sort of thing. I even have my own 'Rise of Rome' scenario, complete with the option of tossing Christianity and going back to worshipping the Roman gods; it wouldn't happen even in the wildest of alternate histories, but it's a blast to try when you get bored of doing the same old thing.

BTW, I went through your localization file on the Feb. 5th release (the one I currently have). You have a number of lines which don't properly end - just an ";" when it should be ";x". I don't know about Divine Wind, but it used to be that improperly ending a line would result in localization errors. I corrected them, as well as a few other minor errors (spelling, etc.). Perhaps Divine Wind doesn't care anymore, I don't know, I'm still working on grafting my/your mod together on the new game. If you want it, though, I have your corrected v.72 file.

Edit: annex_ragusa_1 has no title or description in this release.
    Edit 2: annex_bjarmaland has no title or description in this release. Also, there's a conquest mission for every Russian minor except Muscovy.
    Edit 3: annex_pavia has no title or description.
    Last edited by maxpublic; 13-02-2012 at 08:11.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ah, I see. Sorry, I'm waiting on a new computer with disk space to download the mod.

Isn't Prussia valid for that region anyway though?
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (2), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 3 free advisor slots. Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

On the newest version it crashes on loading history

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    On the newest version it crashes on loading history
    This is most likely due to localization problem with 2 characters in Austrian province names, change those and it will load (it should at least if thats it) it will be corrected in next release.

Quote Originally Posted by generalolaf View Post
    Ah, I see. Sorry, I'm waiting on a new computer with disk space to download the mod.

Isn't Prussia valid for that region anyway though?
    Prussia is still valid more or less same requirements as vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpublic View Post
    BTW, I went through your localization file on the Feb. 5th release (the one I currently have). You have a number of lines which don't properly end - just an ";" when it should be ";x". I don't know about Divine Wind, but it used to be that improperly ending a line would result in localization errors. I corrected them, as well as a few other minor errors (spelling, etc.). Perhaps Divine Wind doesn't care anymore, I don't know, I'm still working on grafting my/your mod together on the new game. If you want it, though, I have your corrected v.72 file.

Edit: annex_ragusa_1 has no title or description in this release.
    Edit 2: annex_bjarmaland has no title or description in this release. Also, there's a conquest mission for every Russian minor except Muscovy.
    Edit 3: annex_pavia has no title or description.
    As long as theres enough ";"s doesnt matter if there is x in the end or not. I wouldnt mind at all having someone whose native English speaker go through that file and correct all my errors, since im not that good with English and i sort of had to write all that myself.

Will correct those thx for feedback.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Version 5.4 is out, its mostly small fixes and balance related stuff, also added about 20 new events and fixed many older ones.

Also included AI intelligent wars, which should decrease the amount of stupid DOWs, im currently testing this myself.

Have fun.
    Ты туда и улетай!

You forgot to correct the weird letters in the Austrian provinces text file names but no biggy.

Also, i've noticed in the most recent version as in the previous one the Golden Horde acquired 100 prestige from the the very start and this number hasn't changed so far and it's been like 35 years in my recent game. So you should probably look into that. They didn't win a single war.

I was thinking about some more union nations that could be created in game. maxpublic pretty much has the same idea i do about having more of those because they are fun to play and add some flavor to otherwisely monotonous process. I mean look at Death and Taxes mod. They have that Jagellon thingy which is totally ahistoric as there has never been a country like that and the Roman Empire and half the screens in their "Post your Death and Taxes Empire" tread are with either of the two. Because that's what people like. I really think we should add more of those. I have a few ideas. If you want to hear those i'll write them down. For example the recent game i am playing as the Isles and i'd really like to see something of Celtic culture union country, as i have most of those as my vassals.

Also, i've noticed that there is a country called Highland Scotland. That's kind of a weird name. Maybe just "The Highlands" will do better?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Death and Taxes terms the realm as "the Gaelic Highlands". Another geographic descriptor would be "the Western Isles".
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nihtantuel View Post
    I mean look at Death and Taxes mod. They have that Jagellon thingy which is totally ahistoric as there has never been a country like that
    that Jagellon thingy
    The Jagiellon dynasty were like the Hapsburg's of Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and Bohemia. To call the slavic union state Jagiellon is pretty logical, its not really fantasy, just a slightly unusual name for a state that kind of did exist in Poland-Lithuania.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagiellon_dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    The Jagiellon dynasty were like the Hapsburg's of Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and Bohemia. To call the slavic union state Jagiellon is pretty logical, its not really fantasy, just a slightly unusual name for a state that kind of did exist in Poland-Lithuania.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagiellon_dynasty
    Dude, why are you telling me about my own history? Poland-Lithuania was elective monarchy and dynasty didn't means squad there. The last Jagellon dynasty king of the Commonwealth was Sigismund II Augustus I (died in 1572). After him the was a holy crap of dynasties there including Batory, Vasa, Wiśniowiecki and so on. And they (Jagellons) rulled Bohemia, Hungary and Chroatia for VERY short periods so i find naming that huge territory after them to be completely ignorant (you don't name Bohemia and Brandenburg as Luxembourg, do you? But according to your logic you should), besides there wero no any links between the countries they ruled over to unite them like that. Comparing them to Habsburgs, who ruled Austria and HRE for centuries is absolutely ignorant and unjustified.

stuff
    Ah crap i knew i forgot to do something... I changed the province names in localization file, but forgot to do the same in province history >.< Will be corrected next time My bad.

Ill look into other stuff as well, give me a list of countries youd like to have as ahistoric options. Highland Scotland was suggested by someone as such, so unless a native complains and/or gives me a better alternative it will stay so, "The Highlands" just sounds weird (maybe thats just me).

Quote Originally Posted by Arakhor View Post
    Death and Taxes terms the realm as "the Gaelic Highlands". Another geographic descriptor would be "the Western Isles".
    Yeah but the thing is i already have the isles state in the isles, while my Highland Scotland covers the northern part of Scotland without the islands (though its the same culture). I could rename it to Gaelic Highlands if you think thats better, but to me the current state sounds better (but i guess its a matter of taste).

Golden Horde prestige is a bug, go to common/event_modifiers.txt and change this

Code:
    golden_tent = {
    	prestige = 0.5
    	icon = 1
    }
    into this

Code:
    golden_tent = {
    	prestige = 0.01
    	icon = 1
    }
    somehow i managed to give them 50% yearly gain instead of 1 XD

or download and replace the file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gccj100geg6t0jt
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 13-02-2012 at 19:36.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, "Highland Scotland" is rather like "Northern Ireland" in that its identity comes from not being its southern neighbour. Neither name is brilliant, but is that really what you're after?
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Dude, why are you telling me about my own history?
    Implying that because you live in Poland/Former Commonwealth the history is yours.

There are plenty of very unlikely states in both Vanilla and these mods, none of them, are ignorant or offensive. They are maybe inaccurate. The debate really comes down to: since we don't know all the possible courses of history, and since the game doesn't act like actual history, should we incorporate theoretical states to improve gameplay? My answer is yes, to an extent.

Read: vitriol

I think I may look over the British Provinces a little later, they are a little counter-intuitive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 200 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 101 126 ... LastLast