+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 200 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 159 184 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

is it Patch 5.1 or 5.2 beta that is required?
    "Man is condemned to be free" Jean-Paul Sartre

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by berggren View Post
    is it Patch 5.1 or 5.2 beta that is required?
    It should work with both, however it is designed around 5.2. If you run it with 5.1 you could run into some problems like having way too much manpower and stuff. Nothing really gamebreaking though. But i recommend 5.2 anyway, it works and is stable.
    Там тебе привольней, песня
    Ты туда и улетай!

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    It should work with both, however it is designed around 5.2. If you run it with 5.1 you could run into some problems like having way too much manpower and stuff. Nothing really gamebreaking though. But i recommend 5.2 anyway, it works and is stable.
    Thanks!
    "Man is condemned to be free" Jean-Paul Sartre

Quote Originally Posted by berggren View Post
    Thanks!
    Np, and if you like it, dont forget to give me some ideas for decisions for your country :P
    Ты туда и улетай!

Admittedly playing MPM on 5.1 gives for an interesting game. By interesting, I mean Avignon with stacks of 15k men.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Couple of oddities you may be interested to see:

Byzantium demanding I submit to ... er ... myself

A Serbian Bosnia

lol i really messed up that event haha. Its fixed now, it will no longer fire for Byzies.

Im not sure whats the issue with Bosnia? It was and is Serbian.

By the way how did that game with Byzies go?
    Ты туда и улетай!

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I remember playing as the byzs in an old version and all was nice and fun until venice declared war on me and brought half of western europe with it

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It didn't end well.

Bosnia should be Bosnian not Serbian. There was a big war about 20 years ago about nationalism between the different Slavic people . Bosnians, Serbians, Macedonians, Slovenes & Croats should be separate cultures from the same culture group.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    It didn't end well.

Bosnia should be Bosnian not Serbian. There was a big war about 20 years ago about nationalism between the different Slavic people . Bosnians, Serbians, Macedonians, Slovenes & Croats should be separate cultures from the same culture group.
    History of 20 years ago has nothing to do with 1399. In that era Bosnia was either leaning toward Croatia (when Croatia was big and powerful long before 1399.) or it was leaning toward Serbia when Serbia was big and powerful (Serbia was actually an empire not that long before 1399, owning most of today's Serbia, Albania, Montenegro and parts of Bosnia and Greece all the way to Thessaloniki and Athens). Bosnian culture could be created for balancing purposes (and indeed it existed in some versions), but nowdays i judged that it was not necessary. Bosnian culture as a historical fact is, as far as im concerned, a nonsense and as such will never be part of MPM. BosniaK culture, as in locals who convert to Islam after Turks conquer the region on the other hand is something that could be done, eventually.
    Ты туда и улетай!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    This modification looks really cool, but do you have a post full of screenshots?

Also, have you done any work on the map outside of Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    This modification looks really cool, but do you have a post full of screenshots?

Also, have you done any work on the map outside of Europe?
    Thanks, the second post should have screenshots, however most of them were outdated so i removed them and ive been kinda lazy to update it with new screenies.

I actually did quite a lot of changes outside of Europe. Africa, Middle East, Persia, India, Mongolia, China, Korea, Manchuria and a few provinces in Canada/US. You should really just try it out yourself if this is the kind of mod you like.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Thanks for the clarification on Bosnia.

For more cartographical accuracy, could you change Malta so it includes Gozo?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlar89 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on Bosnia.

For more cartographical accuracy, could you change Malta so it includes Gozo?
    Yup, ill add that to the list, theres also a few small islands in Italy i need to add. Thx for reminder XD
    Ты туда и улетай!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Have you considered reshaping Germany's eastern and western borders to properly represent Prussia's expansion? In particular, there could be some tweaks to Alsace-Lorraine and Poznan so that a Prussian player could shape its historic borders.

Likewise, an Austrian or Hungarian player should want to (and probably should) take the geographic region of Galicia from Poland. However, the borders look like they've been tweaked so that taking the appropriate provinces would result in an ugly eastern border.

I really like how the borders are done. They're a lot more defined and better shaped than vanilla. Good job overall. It looks like you've put a lot of hard work into this modification.

I wouldnt mind reshaping Germany's borders, youd just have to point me exactly at what you want (links, maps whatever).

Same goes for Austria and most of Hungary, however Poland is a no-no area cuz one of my minions who work on MPM is a Pole and he pretty much drew the whole Poland and i think he would go berserk if i touch anything there. He already hates me a little more every time i add a province in Russia. XD

However bare in mind that MPM is a mod centered around 1399, we knew right away that we cant get the borders right for both 1399. and like 18th/19th century so we dont really aim to do it. Where its possible i will make those adjustments naturally.
    Ты туда и улетай!

Blog Entries
    See this map.

#11 on the map represents an area seized by Prussia during the Partition of Poland and reaffirmed at the Congress of Vienna.

Alsace-Lorraine is marked on the map. The region was conquered by France sometime in the early 17th century and reconquered in the name of Germany during the Franco-Prussian War of 1871. Alsace-Lorraine's western border runs along the Rhine while its eastern border is similar to modern-day France border with Germany.

They might be anachronistic, but I imagine most German players would strive to recreate something similar to the German Empire during their game.

The Kingdom of Galicia within Austria-Hungary looked something like this. Again, this is another Post-Partition establishment, but it represented Austria's easternmost border. It follows some mountain range that I'm not hugely familiar with and acts as a geographic border between Austria or Hungary and Poland or Russia.

Both DC and I have been toying around with a new Black Sea coastline. If our toying around works there would be more room to work with in Eastern Europe and I can make the voivoideship of Krakow it's historical length and borders which will be more friendly to the Kingdom of Galicia within Austria-Hungary.

Likewise it will grant me some more space to work with in central Poland. I don't know what I will do there though. The current borders are correct for 1399-1772. The post-partition border cuts through the historical territories of Kujawy, Gniezno, Kalisz and Sieradz. If the Black Sea coastline ever get's added I will look into readjusting Wielkopolska's borders so they make atleast some sense for Prussia.

I'm not afraid to change some things in Poland but there is going to be compromise for both parties. Kujawy can't be changed, because then the Polish-Teuton border makes no sense at all, but I think I can make Wielkopolska work somehow. It won't look identical to Prussia's borders but it will look something similar atleast.

Blog Entries
    Yeah. It's understandable.

Also, I got a crash when this happened:

Quote Originally Posted by Game Log
    [messagehandler.h:261]: 5 January, 1409 Muscowy Annexed Pskov.
    [messagehandler.h:261]: 5 January, 1409 Kashin declined to be Annexed by Tver.
    [messagehandler.h:261]: 5 January, 1409 Event: 'Integrating Muscowy' in Muscowy.
    Apparently something caused Muscowy to try and annex itself and made the game crash.

I'm surprised I never saw this gem of a modification before. It's really well done; the borders look excellent.

Is that CTD one time or persistent? Ive never seen that kind of bug.

MPM is not a mod for everyone, it has a specific feel to it, so thats probably why only small minority of players like it.
    Ты туда и улетай!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 200 FirstFirst ... 9 34 59 84 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 134 159 184 ... LastLast