+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 200 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 98 123 148 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3990

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    A couple of things I've noticed...

Maybe the infamy penalty to magistrates is a bit too steep. I would suggest to reduce it. Or maybe becoming cultural leader, etc. should give you more magistrates. You get an higher infamy limit but you stop getting magistrates well before reaching it.

Also, concerning the Good Harvest event (ID 6014), I think I got it four years in a row or more... Not that I am complaining but it's very weird. I had a look at the code and maybe I found the problem with the MTTH:
    Code:
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.9
    			NOT = { years_of_income = 0.9 }
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.8
    			NOT = { years_of_income = 0.8 }
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.7
    			NOT = { years_of_income = 0.7 }
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.6
    			NOT = { years_of_income = 0.6 }
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 0.5
    			NOT = { years_of_income = 0.5 }
    		}		

modifier = {
    			factor = 1.1
    			years_of_income = 2.0	
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 1.25
    			years_of_income = 2.5	
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 5.00
    			years_of_income = 5.0	
    		}
    years_of_income should be in the owner scope. The way it is now way perhaps the condition years_of_income = x is always false and the MTTH gets screwed.
    This should already be fixed, i ran mod through validator and corrected over 50 errors.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    Also another question regarding colonies. I noticed, of course, that all provinces in the Americas have one base tax (at least all of those I have discovered so far) and I was just wondering if there's any way to increase it apart from the random events that trigger? (e.g. accomodation with natives)

Do they perhaps increase in value later on by other events or will they stay at the value they get from when they turn into full cities?
    All colonies in the world should have 1 base tax, so that you dont know the exact "quality" of the colony even before you colonize it. Most events that increase base tax (like agricultural reform, or events related to tax reform, wool fair etc) have a MTTH bonus for provinces overseas, so over time base tax in colonies should increase. Also the local tax penalty for overseas is reduced.

If you have ideas for possible events that could increase bt in colonies, ill add them, i just lack any event description ideas right now.
    There are no more cannibals among us, we ate the last one yesterday!

На Львов!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe something like "Trade Outpost" for coastal colonies with low base tax? "Our colony could become an important outpost used to establish a new trade route with far-away lands." Option A: "OK" - lose 25 golds, get 1 base tax. Option B: "Search for a better spot." - get 1 colonist.

I have noticed the Centralization slider event which spawns a bunch of Pretender armies is quite fun if you are the player, but the AI seems to have trouble in dealing with it. Also rebel stacks seem quite massive in the newest version. Perhaps the event could be tone down a bit.

Also, a screenshot taken from my current game (normal difficulty, low aggressiveness):

Europe looks quite good ^^
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

I like the trade outpost idea, ill make an event like that, or actually a few events based on some colonialism ideas hmm, nice one.

The pretender thingy (among other chaos spawning events) is already adjusted (lowered rebel size) + i plan to make sure that rebels dont spawn in same province, because the only time ive seen AI having problems is when more than 1 stack spawns in same province.

На Львов!

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Regarding colonies I suggest maybe something like 'establish plantation' in provinces that produce cotton, sugar, tobacco or coffee (only in the new world I guess? I'll leave that up to you). Not possible to enact too early, after 1580-1600 perhaps. Possibly earlier in the Caribbean (make some kind of OR check for caribbean region I guess). Could give base tax and some population (while useless in colonies would still make sense) or have an event chain that gives base tax and pop and it would have a small cost of course.

Another suggestion for colonies: "People adapting to the new climate." for cored colonies. "It seems that the new generations are adapting quite well to the once exotic environment." Option A: "They can stay and multiply." - get 10% population, get 1 base tax. Option B: "Time to move on." - lose 10% population, get 1 colonist.

Also, another suggestion about the HRE. I think the Vanilla mechanics for making and unmaking Electors based on the Emperor is wrong, a-historical and leading to crazy results. A good and easy solution would be simply to prevent Electors to be made or unmade by the Emperor, UNLESS there are less than seven Electors. In that case a new Elector could be chosen as usual. It's not perfect but it's an improvement I think.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I found that if you give the unique moscovite missions to all russians(in vanilla)it makes them more active and creates plausible situations(tver conquering novgorod and assurting russian hegemony over lithuania,then collapsing and power distributed between polotsk,moscow and novgorod etc.)You should try it

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Couldn't you basically farm infinite base tax with that though? At the very least you could get a lot of base tax in certain provs by being just a slight bit gamey.

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I found that if you give the unique moscovite missions to all russians(in vanilla)it makes them more active and creates plausible situations(tver conquering novgorod and assurting russian hegemony over lithuania,then collapsing and power distributed between polotsk,moscow and novgorod etc.)You should try it
    Are you talking about vanilla missions?

Cuz i wrote like 500+ missions for covering pretty much whole Europe.

For example, every single Russian state has a conquest-on-it mission available to every other Russian state. Being large and other things make these missions less likely to fire.

На Львов!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Are you talking about vanilla missions?

Cuz i wrote like 500+ missions for covering pretty much whole Europe.

For example, every single Russian state has a conquest-on-it mission available to every other Russian state. Being large and other things make these missions less likely to fire.
    I'm talking about the vanilla missions.Things like these(missions that are shared)make they AI much moer competitive

There are missions to conquer pretty much every nation in Europe, he even said so in the previous post.

*EU3folder*\mod\MPM vX.X\missions

e.g. spanish_missions include missions to conquer every Iberian nation (including Navarra) and they're given to every Iberian culture nation excluding Portugal (with Galicia being an exception, since Portugal historically had some claim to this region, and even owned parts of it for some time if memory serves, they're also able to get the mission).

example:

Code:
    annex_navarra = {

type = country

allow = {
    		OR = {
    			primary_culture = castillian
    			primary_culture = catalan
    			primary_culture = galician
    			primary_culture = andalucian
    		}
    		is_subject = no
    		is_lesser_in_union = no
    		exists = NAV
    		NAV = {
    			is_subject = no
    			is_lesser_in_union = no		
    			neighbour = this
    			not = { num_of_cities = this }
    		}
    	}

So basically let's say Castille ends up being a fractured mess, lots of nations released. Leon may get missions to conquer and obtain cores on it's neighbour states and eventually with some luck being able to form a new strong state in Iberia.

edit: I'm actually not sure if Leon has primary_culture = castillian now that I think about it but you get my point (hopefully). There are missions like this in every region.
    Last edited by anubisfike; 15-06-2012 at 16:12.

I'm talking about the vanilla missions.Things like these(missions that are shared)make they AI much moer competitive
    I suggest you check out my missions (russian, venetian, dutch etc) cuz it doesnt seem like you understand me, and youll know what im talking about after just 1 quick glance at these files.

На Львов!

Europa Universalis IV

I suggest you check out my missions (russian, venetian, dutch etc) cuz it doesnt seem like you understand me, and youll know what im talking about after just 1 quick glance at these files.
    I know what you're talking about,i've played your mod,i just think it makes AI more competitive

Oh god why am I even trying to help you. You don't even understand one word that's been said.

I know what you're talking about,i've played your mod,i just think it makes AI more competitive
    I think that as well, which is why i reworked those missions in the first place. In vanilla, things tend to depend too much on countries performing similar like they did historically, and thats not always the case. For example, if all Russian missions (or vast majority of them) focuses on Moscovy, and then Moscovy gets eaten by someone else, the whole form-Russia mini game gets delayed or pushed into infinity. By allowing everyone to have access to all missions within that culture group i hope to push more than 1 country in direction of forming Russia. If one is more successful than the rest, then this one will get conquest missions more often exponentially giving it advantages over other competitors, and if there is more than one country, then they will be pushed into confrontation for the domination of that region.

На Львов!

Europa Universalis IV

I think that as well, which is why i reworked those missions in the first place. In vanilla, things tend to depend too much on countries performing similar like they did historically, and thats not always the case. For example, if all Russian missions (or vast majority of them) focuses on Moscovy, and then Moscovy gets eaten by someone else, the whole form-Russia mini game gets delayed or pushed into infinity. By allowing everyone to have access to all missions within that culture group i hope to push more than 1 country in direction of forming Russia. If one is more successful than the rest, then this one will get conquest missions more often exponentially giving it advantages over other competitors, and if there is more than one country, then they will be pushed into confrontation for the domination of that region.
    Exactly what i thought with what i did with the missions

Any chance of getting a quick patch for 6.4 with your corrections? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Any chance of getting a quick patch for 6.4 with your corrections? ;-)
    Naaaaah 6.5 will be out VERY soon, maybe even tonight, though probably tomorrow morning.

На Львов!

Awesome!

Notice for those 5 people who play MPM: version 6.5 is out, have fun!

На Львов!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I read the thread, although I've never downloaded or played an MPM game.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 200 FirstFirst ... 23 48 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 98 123 148 173 ... LastLast