+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 200 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3990

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

52 games registered

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Iron CrossLead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

It's not part of the Bavaria region. I loaded a save before I unified and it seems that Bavaria has a core on Salzburg before it exists (also at the 1399 start). A bug?

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Acguy View Post
    It's not part of the Bavaria region. I loaded a save before I unified and it seems that Bavaria has a core on Salzburg before it exists (also at the 1399 start). A bug?
    Yup, bug, corrected, thank you.
    There are no more cannibals among us, we ate the last one yesterday!

На Львов!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

6.4 is out! Have fun.

На Львов!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Changelog?

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Changelog?
    Sadly, too long for me to remember XD

But basically whats obvious:

new texture pack
    new terrain map of Europe
    reshaped Scandinavia (a bit)
    small part of Oriental Mod integrated (Rajiputana divided into a number states), Vijaynagara (sp?) got 1 more province owned by a minor, Mysore's color and flag changed, 2 more minors added in the southern India, northeastern India slightly changed as well, its still being worked on. Note that the new province is recycled one, so the total count remains the same.
    Fixed a bunch of German unifications
    Fixed a bunch of event texts
    Partially reworked events triggered by slider change, so very small countries will no longer get random rebellions that they cant handle, very big countries - well lets say your life will be much harder now ^,..,^ i dare you to centralize your state!
    Brandenburg reshaped
    Poznan area in Poland reshaped
    added connection between Straslund (sp?) and Wollin
    removed BAV core from Salzburg
    kind of reshaped Ural mountain to follow real life path (mostly)
    northern Russian coast got some more attention
    coastline refined for those who used advanced water, it still isnt a very high quality, but its much better than before (sorry this take shitload of time to fix and adds very little to actual game) ill work on it later.
    Increased unit maintenance cost, made grain depot available sooner, it will reduce unit maintenance to make it even (so it becomes an important building).
    Rebalanced most buildings to avoid OP economy too early.
    You should have more merchants now than before.
    Rebalanced some sliders.
    Erm erm erm, thats it i can think of right now?

На Львов!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Rebalanced most buildings to avoid OP economy too early.
    Re-balancing in what?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    Re-balancing in what?
    The bonuses that they give relative to average value of provinces relative to the increase in number of provinces compared to vanilla.

Edit: i forgot to include couple of minor fixes in release (yey me) so there will be a quick fix later today, including small improvements to colonization (to encourage AI to colonize more) and fixed form Lombardy decision which is bugged right now due to two typos).

На Львов!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    The bonuses that they give relative to average value of provinces relative to the increase in number of provinces compared to vanilla.
    They do seem pretty balanced now. Less benefit, but also less cost and a slight nudge to profitability. Some of them, at least.

I also note that military buildings and government buildings are not spared on core, while most of the others are spared on conquest. Is there any bug?
    CoT today, gone tomorrow
    A saying. Or so they say
    ---------
    EU3 AAR: Two lions and a yellow background (MPM)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Downloading..! Hope to give a look at it soon.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Waiting for The Miracle anubisfike's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by ANO1453 View Post
    They do seem pretty balanced now. Less benefit, but also less cost and a slight nudge to profitability. Some of them, at least.

I also note that military buildings and government buildings are not spared on core, while most of the others are spared on conquest. Is there any bug?
    It makes more sense that local improvements such as a market or the dock be spared on conquest rather than something such as a government building or a regimental camp. Though temples (churches) should IMO be spared on conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by anubisfike View Post
    It makes more sense that local improvements such as a market or the dock be spared on conquest rather than something such as a government building or a regimental camp. Though temples (churches) should IMO be spared on conquest.
    It rather simple really:

If you conquer lots of provinces, and they dont have government buildings, their stability cost will be much higher. If you conquer enough provinces, without government buildings, your country will collapse, or you will fall behind with techs, because if you dont transfer income from techs to stab, it will take years to regain it, thus you will go into negative stab, and if you do transfer income from techs to stab you will fall behind in technologies. In the long run both will screw you more or less, so instead of headless expansion a la "i smash you with great axe" the game forces you to consolidate what you grab. Buildings in EU3 are only abstractions so they shouldnt be understood as absolutes. When you lose a "temple" you dont necessarily lose the building, instead you lose the people and hierarchy that ran the building, which can sometimes be as hard to replace as the building itself.

Similar to that, compared to vanilla i have changed the manpower, increasing the pool and cutting the monthly regen (like Johan did in beta patches) + introducing a large manpower penalty to provinces that arent your own culture/accepted and so on. All this makes manpower a much more important resource (im having quite a lot of problems with my Bosnian game), SO you lose military buildings in order to slow insane expansion, same way as government buildings. So, in MPM simply by grabbing more land, you wont always get same benefits like you do in vanilla.

На Львов!

That be great. I need to try the new version. I skipped a couple.

The last one i played had a bug. The province of Valona was accessible directly from that one. Serres, or whatever it's name is.

Thats gotta be some weird graphics glitch, but just in case delete map cashe. I just checked my dev version and there is no connection between the 2 provinces.

На Львов!

Finally got some time to play properly today... I have noticed that the mission to form a Royal Marriage will increase the stability of the target of your mission, I guess it's a bug.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Finally got some time to play properly today... I have noticed that the mission to form a Royal Marriage will increase the stability of the target of your mission, I guess it's a bug.
    Busy with Iran, but once thats done ill look into it. Thx for feedback, as always

На Львов!

Glad to help of course. Restarted with Burgundy on 6.4 and played around 25 years, game is tougher than one would expect and real fun. No starting COT, both Emperor and France are a royal pain, Quality now reduces Force-limit, etc. Still having many opportunities with Missions, Excommunications of my rivals, attacking the frogs together with Castille and Aragon... Good good. Now I'm betting everything on shock Infantry and Discipline ;-)

I would suggest you to run the validator on your decision files as there are a few syntactic mistakes which will take about five minutes for you to correct. Nothing that interfered with my game, many of them are related to westernisation. Also, some redundancy in the country files but I don't think it's a big issue.

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Two things i noticed in my current game:

1. Level 5 trade buildings need trade tech 56 whilst level 6 needs only 46, which makes no sense.

2. Shouldn't the Austria-Hungary decision need a requirement that Hungary does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    I would suggest you to run the validator on your decision files as there are a few syntactic mistakes which will take about five minutes for you to correct. Nothing that interfered with my game, many of them are related to westernisation. Also, some redundancy in the country files but I don't think it's a big issue.
    Already been doing that for last day or so (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by jo1998sh View Post
    Two things i noticed in my current game:

1. Level 5 trade buildings need trade tech 56 whilst level 6 needs only 46, which makes no sense.

2. Shouldn't the Austria-Hungary decision need a requirement that Hungary does not exist.
    1. I think i flipped them in tech file - fixed.

2. That does make sense when i think about it - changed.

На Львов!

I look at the Baltic region and can't help but think that i don't like it. After doing a bunch of reading i suggest the following.
    1. Rename Old-Prussian culture to Livonian (referring to the native people, which would make a lot more sense then Old-Prussian, seeing how Prussia is way to the south).
    2. Kurland, Riga, Fellin, Livland, Wenden, Dinaburg (the last two shouldn't be Samogitian, i think) go to Livonian culture.
    3. Rename the country of Kurland to Terra Mariana (or just Livonia).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Livonia
    That would make as much sense as naming the whole thing Kurland, that is none at all. But this way there will at least be no weirdness of having the country of Kurland pop up without the province of Kurland. And in this case when the German Livonian order falls native Livonia (or Terra Mariana) can appear.
    4. Since you brought about Estonian culture i'd suggest making a tag for it because Ingermanland doesn't make sense. I remember some Estonian dude in some other thread saying that there were a bunch of different duchies before the whole thing was conquered. The only thing i could find was this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_...chy_of_Estonia
    On the map it does say Duchy of Estonia, so i think it would make sense if there will be Estonia as a revolter.
    5. Osel should have Estonian culture and the tag mentioned in the paragraph above.

And some more pointers.
    1.The flags of Frankfurt and Poland are the same, so are the flags of Ansbach and Flanders. It's impossible to distinguish those pairs without hovering mouse over the icon.
    2. The province of Badajos is a part of Andalucian region but the culture is Castilian. On the other hand the province of Albacete does have Andalucian culture but is not a part of the region of Andalucia. Is that how it's supposed to be?
    3. From what i read,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharifs_of_Mecca
    http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...he-Holy-Cities
    Hedjaz wasn't fully independent until some 18th century. It was a part of the nearby huge empires. Withing the given game start - the Mamluks. I don't think it would be good to give the whole territory to the Mamluks, as they are huge as they are. Maybe making them a vassal of the Mamluks will make more sense. But i don't like that either. So i think for game balancing reasons we may disregard historicity here.

On other subject.
    1. The Timurids fall apart way too quickly. It didn't happen until Timur held the power in his hands. Maybe it would be better (though i guess time consuming) to give the country a modifier that makes the whole thing stable while Timur lives, but after his death, when the modifier disappears, it will fall apart. Thus them dudes can still kick some ass as they did historically before falling apart.
    2. Is it possible to write the following event. On the death of Vitautas, if he doesn't have an heir, Lithuania forms a union with Poland, provided Wladyslaw II, the King of Poland is alive. If Vitautas does have an heir, then his heir succeeds the throne and Poland acquires a Claim Throne CB on Lithuania. If Wladyslaw dies before Vitautas then no matter whether the latter has an heir or not - the event won't fire. When the PU is formed Lithuania gets huge packs of pretender and religious rebells. By this i try to emulate the agreement between Wladyslaw and Vitautas that stated that on Vitautas' death Wladyslaw would become the king of both countries, and the events that happened after the Vitautas' death.

That's all for now.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    The duchy of Kurland is historical, so it has to be there
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 200 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 171 ... LastLast