+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 200 FirstFirst ... 11 36 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 86 111 136 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3987

Thread: (MOD) More Provinces Mod

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There is no "hidden" requirement, it will fire only if you have 2 cities+, which makes sense: if the allow section requires you have less than 50% cored provinces.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Dying to play as a wealthy Papacy... How is it going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_Sheba View Post
    Dying to play as a wealthy Papacy... How is it going?
    Busy with some stuff in real life, so it isnt going very fast, probably around the end of the month i think.

Rewrote the agricultural events; they are now more like vanilla ones, with more variations - there is one for all provinces, but there are also specific ones for provinces with certain trade goods (MTTH is 5000 is make sure they dont fire too often).

Changed many other events (too many to remember really, mostly minor adjustments etc).

Started working on Catholic events:

- Theocracies are specific form of government, (in theory) only available to Catholics (at game start, but can be force converted etc). Those theocracies who are Catholic will be treated as a sort of intermediary between Pope and other Catholic countries around them. With such diplomatic position they will have a bunch of events available, through which they can play this role in many ways: for example, if a Catholic neighbour (non theocracy etc) has low relations with the Pope, theocracy can offer to "speak to the Pope" on their behalf, for a certain fee, naturally. These events are fully chained, so if a theocracy chooses to make such an offer, another event will be triggered for the neighboring country with their own options and etc. Should they choose to accept, theocracy will be payed a certain amount of gold for their service, and relations with Pope will improve (they can also refuse etc). Right now these events are few and basic (low legitimacy, high badboy that kind of stuff, where Pope can "help") but i plan to write many, many more. In time theocracies should grow quite rich from these services, and naturally they will have bunch of events covering that as well (if youre a small monarchy you dont want a powerful and rich theocracy right beside you etc).

- Catholics picking "religious" nationa ideas (deus vult, attendance thingy etc) will, under some circumstances, be required to submit to the Papal Authority in a number of ways: sometimes, if they are rich, they will be asked to send money to the Pope, sometimes they will be asked to change sliders (you cant be innovative/centralized and a "good" Catholic at the same time of course) and stuff like that, everything will options and choices leading to all kinds of consequences. I think this should really improve the interaction between Catholics and Pope, but also provide excellent events, like various power struggles etc.

- Money that ends up in Papal treasury (none of it will be created out of thin air, all money that changes hands will be money generated by countries) will be used for all sort of things: for example, should countries be at war with crusade target they could receive gold from the pope to support crusade etc. Should Catholic countries have religious ideas, and try to maintain "non-goody-goody" policies, Pope could fund opposition in your country (religious rebels popping up etc). This is still being developed.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Started a game with Milan on my laptop and currently enjoying it ;-) I play on low aggressiveness, spread of sea/land 50/100, and I hope to give some detailed feedback in the near future. Although, because I'd like to finish my game first, this might take a while...
    For now the mod looks very promising and I can see all the effort it's being put in it. Coming from Death and Taxes it was a bit of a shock initially, but in general I really appreciate mods that go in the direction of balancing the game and adding new provinces. Have you played SRI at some point?
    Just one quick question, is the lack of cultural decisions something definitive or do you plan to introduce them at some point? I did not find the ones in Vanilla too bad, with the exception of Commission Painting of course, which is too unbalanced for my tastes.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Started a game with Milan on my laptop and currently enjoying it ;-) I play on low aggressiveness, spread of sea/land 50/100, and I hope to give some detailed feedback in the near future. Although, because I'd like to finish my game first, this might take a while...
    For now the mod looks very promising and I can see all the effort it's being put in it. Coming from Death and Taxes it was a bit of a shock initially, but in general I really appreciate mods that go in the direction of balancing the game and adding new provinces. Have you played SRI at some point?
    Just one quick question, is the lack of cultural decisions something definitive or do you plan to introduce them at some point? I did not find the ones in Vanilla too bad, with the exception of Commission Painting of course, which is too unbalanced for my tastes.
    On Danubian's behalf I will answer on the cultural decisions:
    - atm there are none because he hasn't got the time to overhaul them.
    - I was thinking of writing some very difficult but very interesting decisions that actually affect the country
    - I also have no time at the moment

How does it compare in terms of speed on your laptop?

I promise ill look into cultural decisions, although i have to be honest, im not sure what you miss about them, apart from commissioning paintings, i dont event remember the other ones. The fall of Byzantium (and possible migration of artists etc to eastern and western Europe and such stuff) will be handled by events. There are lots and lots of new decisions that cover some other stuff, but like i said ill look into it. Personally i consider things that are only available to human basically a cheat: AI cannot handle building infrastructure combined with commissioning paintings effectively (it barely handles the economy as it is), so the spam to gain 6 star advisers is kinda unfair. Apart from that there are various ways to increase the officials yearly gain, if i readded the painting thingy i would have to rebalnce everything.

Also could you tell me what exactly do you mean by a bit of a shock, i understand that the quality of MPM is overall lower than D&T, but im pretty sure Europe at least should be somewhat more detailed. But like i said many times, MPM is definitely not a mod for everyone, but only for those that look for this kind of thing, in any case i hope you enjoy it.

And as a small preview (inspired by your location), ill tell you that the next version will add lots and lots more detail in Italy, specially in Piedmont and Milan; Piedmont has got more accurate borders now, its capital is moved from Turin to historical one (Chambéry) and it also got couple of new provinces, which add a whole new level of Italian coolness in the North, changing the balance of power, making it much harder for Milan to become the dominant force

Edit: i just remembered you asked about SRI, erm isnt that the mod that sets various AI behavior?
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 20-04-2012 at 04:47.

Thanks for the quick answers.

I believe Commission Painting shouldn't exist as in Vanilla for the same reasons you brought up. It could be nerfed by requiring to sacrifice an Artist or by adding a cost in gold. But I don't miss it particularly.
    Normally when I play I enact the Tapestry decision immediately, which could perhaps be nerfed in this mod. National Epic, Introduce Heir and the Jousting Tournament are not too bad if you have some gold/magistrates to spare. The advanced ones are usually too expensive in some aspects but I have used them from time to time.
    However, if the AI doesn't use them, that's a valid argument so seriously reduce the importance of Cultural Decisions.
    I haven't played the mod enough to express a final judgement over the lack of them, but I was definitely curious about it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak
    Also could you tell me what exactly do you mean by a bit of a shock, i understand that the quality of MPM is overall lower than D&T, but im pretty sure Europe at least should be somewhat more detailed. But like i said many times, MPM is definitely not a mod for everyone, but only for those that look for this kind of thing, in any case i hope you enjoy it.
    Well, I believe I was misunderstood perhaps. In short, I just said the first impression was to have a mod with a very different game-play and that required me to play a more cautious strategy in order to succeed.
    D&T gives you and the AI more cash, less BB and ideas/decisions/policies carry more weight, especially in the short term. The sensation of playing D&T is more similar, let's say, to the one I get while playing MEIOU.
    However, I traditionally prefer mods which go in another direction, like SRI and the recent (but discontinued AFAIK) OSC. They add new features, but they also try to limit the player in some way. MM is a bit too extreme for me, although I will certainly try the game when it comes out.
    I can't really judge MPM after a couple of sessions, but it seems to me very detailed, balanced and an interesting challenge, definitely closer to the mods I have played in the past, at least in "spirit".
    I have been reading this thread for a few weeks and I think the direction of introducing more events and decisions (and provinces) is great, especially without putting too much "weight" on single ones.

SRI, now interrupted by Helius, its creator, is a mod which also uses a revamped AI, but there is more to it. Actually the AI didn't seem to work too well in DW in regards to colonization. However, the rest of the mod offers IMHO some very good ideas.
    For example a variable called Administrative Efficiency (depending on Government, policies, NI, etc.) is calculated for each country against an Administrative burden (based on number of provinces, core/non core, etc.) giving you a modifier which gives you a bonus/malus meant to simulate how well is your country run. Big empires will most likely have a malus, which also makes certain bad events more likely to fire and prevents to enact some decisions, like the most "bureaucratic" ones.
    Also, when you annex a country where you don't have cores, you might choose to give their provinces an autonomous statute. You get cores immediately but less taxes and manpower, and they might complain about your policies.
    And most Kingdoms are removed, becoming instead Duchies as they were historically (Vassals are now Counties).
    There is much more, but I am not sure you are interested, I was just curious because I think you could find some inspiration in this ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak
    And as a small preview (inspired by your location), ill tell you that the next version will add lots and lots more detail in Italy, specially in Piedmont and Milan; Piedmont has got more accurate borders now, its capital is moved from Turin to historical one (Chambéry) and it also got couple of new provinces, which add a whole new level of Italian coolness in the North, changing the balance of power, making it much harder for Milan to become the dominant force
    That's cool. I just got a mission to Conquer Savoy by coincidence XD Although, having already conquered and cored Cuneo via "Access to to the sea" mission, I will probably make them my vassal instead, since I won't get cores on Savoy and Piedmont.
    BTW is the "A formal request" event still there in the same fashion?

EDIT sorry, about the speed it's doing fine, I have an Intel I3 350M with a GeForce GT 320M.
    Last edited by kepler; 20-04-2012 at 12:59.
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

As for SRI, i did take a look into it some time ago (and indeed the administrative efficiency thingy was brought up to my attention again not too long ago). Basically most of it is very advanced (i remember admiring the beauty of adm eff. coding, whoever wrote it is years ahead of my abilities), so advanced that i have concerns about other issues that may arise from it. I will most likely not use the same features (or similar) but i will simulate some things that are the result of them. These things however take lots of time - writing evnts and their debugging, so some patience will be required. I am first and foremost map modder, everything else is only secondary to that, so writing evetns/decisions etc is still a learning process for me, but i hope that the quality of my work will improve with each new version, in every way.

As for formal request, i believe i have disabled that event. I plan to simulate some HRE relations arising from owning HRE provinces, but that event is just plain retarded IMO so for the time being it should be disabled. If you want it, i can explain how you can bring it back easily.

You might call the other stuff secondary, but I believe you are doing an interesting and organic job (and balanced as far as I can tell), I am sure you will come up with excellent ideas about administrating a country, the HRE and more.

The scripting behind most parts of SRI is beyond my comprehension, however rules and ideas are easy to grasp reading the manual. For example there is no formal request in SRI but each country gets a variable if it owns uncored (unlawful) provinces in the Empire. It depends mainly on the size of the country (and the number of unlawful territories of course); when it becomes higher nasty things start to happen, especially if the Emperor is strong and especially if the country is a member of the HRE. For example France is more likely to have problems with a single unlawful province, while Brunswick can maybe get a few uncored provinces without problems.

Working on Europe again, reworked whole France, Netherlands, Belgium area (reintroduced Flemish culture) and moving on to western HRE (just finished it) and then eastern HRE (Bavaria and central area).

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Are you going to divide Bavaria as it was historically divided?
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    Are you going to divide Bavaria as it was historically divided?
    Can you give me some sort of map? Im not really keen on adding many new tags, so it would depend on the amount of work.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Can you give me some sort of map? Im not really keen on adding many new tags, so it would depend on the amount of work.
    There you go
    963px-Bayern_nach_der_Teilung_1392.png

I can definitely add Bayern-Munich (sry i dont have ze German "u").

I *think* i can add Bayern-Landshut -> unless im mistaken it is roughly in Neiderbayern area.

That leaves Straubing and Ingolstadt off the map; Straubing should be in Oberpfalz province (currently owned by Bayereuth) and Ingolstadt is in Augsberg. I can *maybe* squeeze one more province, if i did which one should have priority?

Edit: nevermind, i managed to clean it up, and got enough room for all of them
    Last edited by DanubianCossak; 23-04-2012 at 17:00.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    I can definitely add Bayern-Munich (sry i dont have ze German "u").

I *think* i can add Bayern-Landshut -> unless im mistaken it is roughly in Neiderbayern area.

That leaves Straubing and Ingolstadt off the map; Straubing should be in Oberpfalz province (currently owned by Bayereuth) and Ingolstadt is in Augsberg. I can *maybe* squeeze one more province, if i did which one should have priority?

Edit: nevermind, i managed to clean it up, and got enough room for all of them
    A'right then. Will you add a unite Bavaria decision for bavarian cultured countries?

Yeap that too. Those minors will be able to form Bavaria, but at the same time there is a decision to form Swabia (which is Bavaria + some other provinces) so i think i will leave that one as well. Youll be able to first unite Bavaria (getting cores on Bavarian culture) and then if you want to you, eventually form Swabia, which is sort of mini Germany (with other countries like that around).

Interesting changes, I might try a game with Savoy at some point. About Italy, "Grosetto" should probably be "Grosseto" or, at least, that's its name now.
    Also, maybe Liguria could be less "triangular" and "smoother" if you get what I mean. Basically I think it would be better without that "spike" at the center. Good job with Italy anyway!
    When do you plan on releasing the next version? I'd like to post the bugs I found before so you can include them in next release (nothing major actually).

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

I've got one suggestion for China now that you have added all those revolters. I'm not sure if this is possible but could you add a CB types and some missions to encourage the Chinese factions to fight among themselves, because in current game they are just sitting there doing nothing. The CB would let you take provinces in the China region for a very small amount of infamy and should let you vassalise other factions easily, this way if Ming collapses it shouldn't take that long for a new faction to unify China.

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    A'right then. Will you add a unite Bavaria decision for bavarian cultured countries?
    As requested:

So all of the Bavarian minors are in; now, ive got Stephen III von Bayern (i think thats the dynasty anyway) as ruler of Ingolstadt, do you maybe have all the other accurate ruler names (and years when they came to power), it would save me quite some time. Also if you can suggest city size (population) for these Bavarian provinces / trade goods that they produced that would be great (if nothing else, province X was rich, province Y was poor and ill randomize it).

Quote Originally Posted by kepler View Post
    Interesting changes, I might try a game with Savoy at some point. About Italy, "Grosetto" should probably be "Grosseto" or, at least, that's its name now.
    Also, maybe Liguria could be less "triangular" and "smoother" if you get what I mean. Basically I think it would be better without that "spike" at the center. Good job with Italy anyway!
    When do you plan on releasing the next version? I'd like to post the bugs I found before so you can include them in next release (nothing major actually).
    Ill fix Grosseto right away (thx).

As for Liguria, ill check it out, i thought i got pretty good based on a map i found on wiki (ill give you link when i get the time).

As for release, probably next couple of days, i think? If you have found some bugs, please just post them here and ill get to fixing right away. If its localization issues, theres pretty good chance i already fixed some of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 200 FirstFirst ... 11 36 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 86 111 136 161 ... LastLast